Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-29-2008, 08:17 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, the Eagles are trying to stockpile picks next year, they are probably going to make a serious run at a WR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 08:26 PM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would the addition of Lito Sheppard give the Jags the best cornerback duo or trio in the NFL?
BigJohn98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 08:38 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think if the trade happens is probably conditional 2nd if he plays or what ever it becomes a 1st.
Old 04-29-2008, 08:49 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Eagles got 2 1st rounders and 2 2nd rounders that'd be crazy
Old 04-29-2008, 08:56 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.

I am thinking it will be a conditional second and a 4th giving the Eagles a possibility of having 3 1st rounders.
eaglesfan_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 09:50 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn98 View Post
Would the addition of Lito Sheppard give the Jags the best cornerback duo or trio in the NFL?
The best duo is and still would be Asomugah and Hall.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 10:27 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree,

Broncos
Raiders
Cowboys
Niners
Jags (with Lito)

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 11:41 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
I agree,

Broncos
Raiders
Cowboys
Niners
Jags (with Lito)
while all of those duos are good...I think you have them in the wrong order...

cowboys should not be on that list, IMO...neither should the 9ers...
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 12:54 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Newman and Pacman is friggen sweet.

Old 04-30-2008, 12:56 AM    (permalink
no love
Veteran

no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagHombre22 View Post

Not the Niners? What other team other than the Broncos has two probowl corners?

If the niners had any semblance of a pass rush. Both of our corners would be regarded as top notch. Plus I would also venture to say that the 49ers cb's are as good against the run as any CB duo in the league.

In the past two years Nate and Walt have:
280 tackles, 55 PD's and 19 ints

Compared to Champ Bailey and Dre Bly:
274 tackles, 54 PD's and 21 ints

It's so close, that it would be hard not to include Nate and Walt in the conversation of top CB duos. Both guys are great players, veteran leaders, and are sorely in need of help from pass rushers.
no love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 01:00 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

how did the 49ers make a top list for anything?

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 02:19 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

They've got no pass rush. Champ bailey can't cover for 10 seconds on every play.

Old 04-30-2008, 08:42 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't see Lito going anywhere for less than a 2009 first. If the Jags blow the Eagles away (much like with the Carolina offer for their first rounder), they would have to move him. Otherwise, they should definitely stick with their existing rotation and go 3 deep with Pro Bowl caliber CB's to help mask Dawkins' age and the potential holes at SS.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 10:37 AM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A couple of sources (don't have time to find them) have said that the first time the Eagles heard of the trade possibility is when they read the story in the Philadelphia Daily News. Also, another source said that Del Rio hadn't even discussed the possibility of bringing Lito in, and that when he talked to Andy Reid before the draft, Lito was not even mentioned.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 11:21 AM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post
A couple of sources (don't have time to find them) have said that the first time the Eagles heard of the trade possibility is when they read the story in the Philadelphia Daily News. Also, another source said that Del Rio hadn't even discussed the possibility of bringing Lito in, and that when he talked to Andy Reid before the draft, Lito was not even mentioned.
I've heard both as well but then I've also heard that the sides are so close, Jacksonville just has to work out the financial deal...

so I don't know who to believe...
Old 04-30-2008, 03:08 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bringing in Lito=Stupid. Why sign Drayton Florence? As dumb as he is, and despite the bricks for hands, he's not a bad cover corner.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 03:13 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerCohen View Post
Bringing in Lito=Stupid. Why sign Drayton Florence? As dumb as he is, and despite the bricks for hands, he's not a bad cover corner.
the thought is, if Lito was brought in Brian Williams would move to Strong Safety....and Florence was signed to play nickel back...since we play it 75% of the time anyways...
Old 04-30-2008, 03:17 PM    (permalink
DragonFireKai
Veteran

DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.

Quote:
I've heard both as well but then I've also heard that the sides are so close, Jacksonville just has to work out the financial deal...

so I don't know who to believe...
Considerng that the Eagles never gave Lito permission to seek a trade, I know who I'm believing.

Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens!
The Destroyer Is Manifest!
I reserve the rights to retract any posts made betwen midnight and 5 AM PST due to being really, really drunk
DragonFireKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 03:20 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonFireKai View Post
Considerng that the Eagles never gave Lito permission to seek a trade, I know who I'm believing.
I heard that they gave his agent permission to seek a trade....I'm so over this...lol
Old 04-30-2008, 03:33 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Eagles didn't move him pre-draft, they're probably not moving him at all.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 04-30-2008, 03:45 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I think they are still dangling Lito to get Chad Johnson. If they offer their 1st next year, Panther's 1st that they got and Lito, it's tough seeing the Bengals saying no to that.
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 03:57 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by art vandelay View Post
I think they are still dangling Lito to get Chad Johnson. If they offer their 1st next year, Panther's 1st that they got and Lito, it's tough seeing the Bengals saying no to that.
I would get a good laugh out of them trading two 1st and Lito for a WR, thats just too much...I know they want a WR bad, but two 1st and a great corner for a WR? If it was that serious they should of kept Stallworth and been fine, they have weapons at WR, Chad would help but I don't think that much.

At least I hope they don't set the market that high, I wouldn't mind offering a 1st, 3rd, and 4th for Roy but that's about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 04:05 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

There is absolutely no chance that the Eagles offer that much for a 30/31 year old WR who is threatening to hold out from his current franchise and who would need a new deal upon being traded.

Old 04-30-2008, 04:24 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
There is absolutely no chance that the Eagles offer that much for a 30/31 year old WR who is threatening to hold out from his current franchise and who would need a new deal upon being traded.
You would think. But reportedly the Bengals turned down two 1's for Chad and McNabb really wants a #1 WR. It probably won't happen but stranger things have happened.
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 04:30 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
I agree,

Broncos
Raiders
Cowboys
Niners
Jags (with Lito)
Packers HAVE to be up there. They were better than the 49ers by far and barely beat out the Cowboys. Sure, the names look good but go off of production man.

tjsunstein is online now   Reply With Quote