Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 03-25-2009, 01:08 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was watching a video of Rex and he pretty much said we're going BPA, but he also said there's a few spots we could be stronger at. But basically, I think it means that we won't see a reach (at least in their eyes, and hopefully the draftnik community as well). He also made it pretty apparent that a lot of faith is put into Tannenbaum and his word, but I'm still not really sure how similar our drafting will be to what they did in the Mangini era.

And another thing of note, but Henry Ellard (WR coach) has been to every Pro Day of all the potential first round receivers. So, I guess he's doing his due diligence and we can't really cross anyone off the list.
Old 03-25-2009, 03:19 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
I was watching a video of Rex and he pretty much said we're going BPA, but he also said there's a few spots we could be stronger at. But basically, I think it means that we won't see a reach (at least in their eyes, and hopefully the draftnik community as well). He also made it pretty apparent that a lot of faith is put into Tannenbaum and his word, but I'm still not really sure how similar our drafting will be to what they did in the Mangini era.

And another thing of note, but Henry Ellard (WR coach) has been to every Pro Day of all the potential first round receivers. So, I guess he's doing his due diligence and we can't really cross anyone off the list.
Pretty interesting. I think one thing we're going to be doing is look at the draft in tiers, similar to the 2007 draft where we got Baby Lockdown and Harris. If we decide the value for players drops off considerably, say at 12, we're probably going to try and move up. If we think there are 20 good players in the draft, we probably stand pat. And if we see a lack of in the mid-later rounds we'll probably get rid of those picks, whereas if we like the value we'll probably hang onto them or try to get more.

Lots of options for us this year because we have weaknesses at a lot of positions but are still strong at them if that makes any sense. Lots of the weaknesses are more long-term, though.

I definitely think it's going to be a BPA/position of need thing, because there are enough places we can use help we should be able to find one as opposed to drafting a corner or something. There aren't too many positions you can really rule out for us. Some make less or more sense to draft in the first, but if we decide the guy's the best player on the board and can help the team, like a Chris Wells, it's tough to really question doing that vs. reaching for a lower-tier WR.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 09:56 PM    (permalink
Matt56

derza222 I agree the way we now draft is look for a player we like and go get him! We rather get 4 good players in a 7 round draft then seven player that might work out. Mr T has done a good job with this except for Vernon G! OUCH