Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 02-18-2009, 12:03 AM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.

Besides those three I would have to say that DE would probably be the most likely. If we go DE than I would go with Tyson Jackson; i would be elated, considering i'm a big LSU fan and have been suggesting the jets go after this guy for a couple years now.

ILB is a possible choice if Rex wants to add his signature player, but I just don't feel ILB is a solid value at 17 overall.

CB, I wouldn't be surprised if we picked up McAllister for a 2 year deal, which would mean we don't need to address that in the first round.

If we were able to hit any of our holes in FA, I would love to draft WR in round one. I would than like any of the following; ron brace as a backup NT, a safety like Chung and definite Oline depth.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
BroadwayJoe10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 12:33 AM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
Besides those three I would have to say that DE would probably be the most likely. If we go DE than I would go with Tyson Jackson; i would be elated, considering i'm a big LSU fan and have been suggesting the jets go after this guy for a couple years now.

ILB is a possible choice if Rex wants to add his signature player, but I just don't feel ILB is a solid value at 17 overall.

CB, I wouldn't be surprised if we picked up McAllister for a 2 year deal, which would mean we don't need to address that in the first round.

If we were able to hit any of our holes in FA, I would love to draft WR in round one. I would than like any of the following; ron brace as a backup NT, a safety like Chung and definite Oline depth.
Agree with all of this post

Sig by Me
JETS5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 12:39 AM    (permalink
GET LOOSE
Veteran

GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

A backup NT is important cause last year when Jenkins was on the sidelines that just meant trouble for our run defense. As for CB I would love to pick up McAllister to play next to Revis and Jim Leonhard to play next to Rhodes. Dam that we be some secondary
GET LOOSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 01:49 AM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GET LOOSE View Post
A backup NT is important cause last year when Jenkins was on the sidelines that just meant trouble for our run defense. As for CB I would love to pick up McAllister to play next to Revis and Jim Leonhard to play next to Rhodes. Dam that we be some secondary
That would be a nice secondary. As for a backup NT I like Antonio Dixon who we can get late in the draft.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 03:33 AM    (permalink
GET LOOSE
Veteran

GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
That would be a nice secondary. As for a backup NT I like Antonio Dixon who we can get late in the draft.
I have always liked Dixon. We might not even have to draft him he could end up being an UDFA.
Old 02-18-2009, 10:27 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
Just because of value, I'd like to see a CB. Forever and always I'll believe that a RB shouldn't be taken in the first round, and I just don't believe we'll be in a position to take Sanchez (either because someone else will trade up ahead of us or he'll go too early). So, to me, that'd leave CB as having the best value at that point. Things might change and an O-lineman may fall into that mix, but at this point, a CB like Moore or Smith would be welcomed. Of course, my belief is that Rex puts a higher priority on the front seven, so I don't think that'll happen. So... I'll say... I don't know. It's so far out of mind that we'd take anything but WR, ILB, S, or QB that I don't know what we'd do if none of those options were available to us for some strange reason. I guess I'd pray that we trade our pick.
I agree with this. Especially the RB part, I'd just rather wait till the mid-rounds and focus on the line. If the values right I could maybe see an OL but in that scenario I'd welcome a CB and especially a trade down. The one thing drafting a CB would signal to me is that we need guys who can handle their stuff on the outside because we're going to be coming after the QB with a lot of guys and doing it all game, which is something I'd like to see.

Also I absolutely agree about needing a backup NT, and McAllister is an interesting option for us. Not sure he'd exactly solidify our secondary with his injury concerns but between him and Lowery we could certainly be in worse shape.

An interesting option for us somewhere in the mid-late rounds IMO is Sammie Lee Hill. Apparently he played DE in college at 325 so he projects to a NT in a 4-3 and a 3-4 but also seemingly could play end in the 3-4 as well with his experience and supposedly good athleticism. Almost seems like he could be a homeless man's Haloti Ngata for us if you will with the ability to play both positions, maybe be an end primarily and step inside on passing downs to NT or a NT primarily but move to DE in rushing situations or something. Who knows...interesting prospect though.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 02:17 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think that a big part of our secondary is a solid safety next to rhodes. I think a developmental cb in round 3-4 would be nice, but with a solid safety, revis, lowery(whether it be at nickel or across from revis), and a more aggressive pass rush, the defense should improve greatly. I think our secondary is not as bad as people think. Very often the secondary got torched because Mangini would take his foot off the gas in terms of putting pressure on the Qb. When you only rush 3, someone is eventually going to get open. Whenever we were up in the second half(The arizona game comes to mind), we basically just gave up the middle of the field, perhaps in a moronic attempt to waste the clock way too early.

Just looking over the talent we have in the secondary, Revis is great, Lowery in his second year should be fairly solid, Coleman is eh, Rhodes is a really good safety. Basically, I think we need to sign a short term deal to a solid vet cb. We don't need someone great if we aggressively blitz. I think if we get a vet cb and a developmental cb, we could move lowery to safety and that should solve our safety problem as well. We can't move lowery there unless we get more talent at cb, without him we have literally no depth.
Old 02-18-2009, 02:46 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh07039 View Post
Just looking over the talent we have in the secondary, Revis is great, Lowery in his second year should be fairly solid, Coleman is eh, Rhodes is a really good safety. Basically, I think we need to sign a short term deal to a solid vet cb. We don't need someone great if we aggressively blitz. I think if we get a vet cb and a developmental cb, we could move lowery to safety and that should solve our safety problem as well. We can't move lowery there unless we get more talent at cb, without him we have literally no depth.
I don't think the Jets can afford to just sign a cheap vet and say problem solved with regards to the secondary and I'd question whether moving Lowry to safety would be the best answer for either the secondary or Lowry himself.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 02:56 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
I don't think the Jets can afford to just sign a cheap vet and say problem solved with regards to the secondary and I'd question whether moving Lowry to safety would be the best answer for either the secondary or Lowry himself.
It's funny you say that. I completely agree, but I was reading that jetsblog site or whatever and in one of their posts they made it seem as though it was a common belief among Jets fans that Lowery should be moved to Safety. I think that'd be an awful idea and it's actually kind of funny how many people want to write him off not only after one year, but after his rookie year.
Old 02-18-2009, 05:01 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
It's funny you say that. I completely agree, but I was reading that jetsblog site or whatever and in one of their posts they made it seem as though it was a common belief among Jets fans that Lowery should be moved to Safety. I think that'd be an awful idea and it's actually kind of funny how many people want to write him off not only after one year, but after his rookie year.
I really can't see him moving to safety either, plus that would have Rhodes moving to SS for us in all likelihood because I don't see Lowery playing there. Probably just a case of looking for a quick fix when in likelihood it just wouldn't work out so well. Hopefully the new scheme helps him since we'll be getting pressure on the QB and there will be some rushed throws and less opportunities downfield. I agree it's too early to give up on him there, hopefully we give him another shot. I'm preparing myself for a corner though because there's just so much corner talk for us, but I'm hoping it's more of a media fabrication than anything else.
Old 02-18-2009, 05:24 PM    (permalink
jmess15
Rookie

jmess15 is a cocksman.jmess15 is a cocksman.jmess15 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
I really can't see him moving to safety either, plus that would have Rhodes moving to SS for us in all likelihood because I don't see Lowery playing there. Probably just a case of looking for a quick fix when in likelihood it just wouldn't work out so well. Hopefully the new scheme helps him since we'll be getting pressure on the QB and there will be some rushed throws and less opportunities downfield. I agree it's too early to give up on him there, hopefully we give him another shot. I'm preparing myself for a corner though because there's just so much corner talk for us, but I'm hoping it's more of a media fabrication than anything else.
I think Lowery showed some flashes last year (if you look between the burn marks..lol) and should not be counted out. He definitely hit the rookie wall, and I for one think Mangini tried to tinker with his DBs too much and they never got comfortable because they were playing with different people next to them constantly. That being said, i woule likd CB addressed. McCalister and Rolle are options but short term at best, but I would imagine they would be more viable than Ty Law at this point (presuming they are healthy).
Old 02-18-2009, 06:58 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im not saying I necessarily want Lowery moved to safety. I believe that he could be a good corner to pair with Revis. However, I offered a possibility that if we end up getting a corner either because an opportunity presents itself in the draft or we sign someone, that would possibly fix our safety problem as well. Lowery has the physicality to be a good safety. I suppose that could be said for most good, physical corners.

Throughout the season, I was a big Lowery proponent and still am. A lot of his mistakes were a result of being picked on by teams because of Revis' greatness also, I think some of the calls on him were a result of being a rookie. Some of the penalties were kinda petty.
Old 02-18-2009, 09:06 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

I agree very much with the second half of that. First half...I guess it could work I just think we're better off leaving him at corner. Worst case I think he's got the intelligence to become a very good slot guy, and we have next to no depth there. Transitions like that just generally don't work out all that well, and with some of the slot guys we have in the division and in the league in general a good slot corner is nothing to sneeze at for a fourth rounder. Ray Mickens was clutch for us back in the day.
Old 02-19-2009, 01:10 AM    (permalink
GET LOOSE
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
I agree very much with the second half of that. First half...I guess it could work I just think we're better off leaving him at corner. Worst case I think he's got the intelligence to become a very good slot guy, and we have next to no depth there. Transitions like that just generally don't work out all that well, and with some of the slot guys we have in the division and in the league in general a good slot corner is nothing to sneeze at for a fourth rounder. Ray Mickens was clutch for us back in the day.
Mickens was the man. And yea Lowrey wouldnt be a bad option at FS but I would rather keep him at CB
Old 02-19-2009, 01:16 AM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want to give Lowery another year to see what he can do. He was only a rookie and showed some promise. He also came up big in the season opener against Miami when he knocked down two passes in the endzone on the last drive.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 07:41 AM    (permalink
jmess15
Rookie

jmess15 is a cocksman.jmess15 is a cocksman.jmess15 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
I want to give Lowery another year to see what he can do. He was only a rookie and showed some promise. He also came up big in the season opener against Miami when he knocked down two passes in the endzone on the last drive.
With Lowery I think at worst we have a good nickel/slot guy.
Old 02-21-2009, 11:20 PM    (permalink
okay123
Rookie

okay123 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh07039 View Post
I think that a big part of our secondary is a solid safety next to rhodes. I think a developmental cb in round 3-4 would be nice, but with a solid safety, revis, lowery(whether it be at nickel or across from revis), and a more aggressive pass rush, the defense should improve greatly. I think our secondary is not as bad as people think. Very often the secondary got torched because Mangini would take his foot off the gas in terms of putting pressure on the Qb. When you only rush 3, someone is eventually going to get open. Whenever we were up in the second half(The arizona game comes to mind), we basically just gave up the middle of the field, perhaps in a moronic attempt to waste the clock way too early.

i think even if we get a vet CB in free agency, i think we should keep lowery at nickel because we have very little depth. coleman is garbage, we just cut barrett (who was also garbage), poteat's all right, and carroll shouldn't be stepping on the field anytime soon. in fact, i would argue we need 2 corners this offseason because we are lacking depth THAT much.
okay123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 12:14 AM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by okay123 View Post
i think even if we get a vet CB in free agency, i think we should keep lowery at nickel because we have very little depth. coleman is garbage, we just cut barrett (who was also garbage), poteat's all right, and carroll shouldn't be stepping on the field anytime soon. in fact, i would argue we need 2 corners this offseason because we are lacking depth THAT much.
If the Jets bring in a vet corner on a short term contract, lets say Chris McCallister, the depth chart is

Darrelle Revis
Chris McCallister
Dwight Lowry
Hank Poteat
Drew Coleman

That looks like a pretty decent cornerback group IMO.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 01:48 PM    (permalink
jetsfan

I think Maualuga or Cushing would be great picks if either is available.
Old 02-22-2009, 02:13 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by okay123 View Post
really? i don't think that at all. yes, he'll most likely never be a top 3 corner for us, but is that really a bad thing? I think he's improved every year he's been in the league, and for a really small 7th rounder he's found a spot in our secondary. Him and Poteat would be good depth after our top 3 corners. As 4th and 5th on our depth chart, I don't think they are anything to sneeze at.
Old 02-22-2009, 02:21 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyways, back to the topic...

We have a bunch of holes right now because of the salary cutting we just did. Looking into free agency I think we have to consider the following positions as ones that need improvement.

QB (May be on the roster, may not be)
RB (Someone who will go well with Leon to start grooming)
WR (a True #1)
TE (We need a blocking TE now that Baker is gone. Idk about Franks)
OL (RT)
DL (Starting DE, Back-up NT)
ILB
Secondary (CB and S)

As a 9-7 team, looking to fill 10 positions is kind of scary, but not too bad considering we have a boat load of cap space and I think we have a decent amount of picks. How mnay picks do we have this year? All the trades confused me... favre, vilma, robertson, kendall...
Old 02-22-2009, 02:25 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfan View Post
I think Maualuga or Cushing would be great picks if either is available.
Im on the fence about cushing, but i would love rey

Sig by Me
JETS5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 02:32 PM    (permalink
okay123
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
If the Jets bring in a vet corner on a short term contract, lets say Chris McCallister, the depth chart is

Darrelle Revis
Chris McCallister
Dwight Lowry
Hank Poteat
Drew Coleman

That looks like a pretty decent cornerback group IMO.
i think that's good, but my post was in response to moving lowery to safety if we get someone like mccallister.without lowery in that group, i think our depth is weak.
Old 02-22-2009, 02:35 PM    (permalink
okay123
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimDris View Post
really? i don't think that at all. yes, he'll most likely never be a top 3 corner for us, but is that really a bad thing? I think he's improved every year he's been in the league, and for a really small 7th rounder he's found a spot in our secondary. Him and Poteat would be good depth after our top 3 corners. As 4th and 5th on our depth chart, I don't think they are anything to sneeze at.
everytime i see him he is getting torched. i thought he did well in 06 in his rookie year, but ever since then, i think he's regressed.
Old 02-22-2009, 02:59 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.

It's interesting, because i was just reading this article on PFT. If we are indeed focussing in on either Lewis or Scott, than I think it's safe to assume ILB, thus Rey Rey and Cushing, will not be on our radar come draft day.

So who than do we go for? It really seems as though we are once again making some moves for FA so that we go into the draft with as little needs as possible and can take BPA as opposed to reaching for someone based on need.

Regarding Moore. We could very well have leaked the information about him being released in order to raise interest in a trade. If we were going to release him I'm fairly certain it would have happened. Who knows.

JETS ZEROING IN ON RAVENS’ LINEBACKERS
Posted by Aaron Wilson on February 22, 2009, 8:38 a.m.

The New York Jets are planning to make a serious run at Baltimore Ravens inside linebackers Bart Scott and Ray Lewis as soon as free agency begins February 27, according to Rich Cimini of the New York Daily News.

Even though Lewis is apparently enamored with the Dallas Cowboys, according to Cowboys star outside linebacker DeMarcus Ware, the Jets are still hoping to recruit the two-time NFL Defensive Player of the Year. There’s also the possibility that Lewis may re-sign with the Ravens.

Meanwhile, Scott, who ranked second on the team in tackles behind Lewis last season and is versatile enough to play in a 3-4 or a 4-3 scheme, seems interested in the Jets.

In a recent interview with NFL Sirius Radio, Scott acknowledged that he was interested in playing for new Jets coach Rex Ryan, the former Ravens defensive coordinator.

“I can go to the Jets and I can set a tempo,” Scott said. “I have some unique things to my game that’s unique to just Bart Scott that everybody else can’t do. You don’t have to take me out. You can put me over the tight end, it doesn’t matter.

“You can take me out of the box. You can leave me in the box. Every linebacker can’t say that. You can put me in any situation, I’ll flourish. It doesn’t matter to me.”

When asked about the possibility of playing inside linebacker for the Jets, Scott replied: “Exactly, I can go in there and I can guarantee all that running coming up the middle, that’ll stop.”

The door isn’t completely shut on Scott possibly coming back to Baltimore. Scott could represent a fallback option for the Ravens at middle linebacker if negotiations with Lewis, which took place this week in Indianapolis, break down.

If Scott were plugged in at middle linebacker, last year’s third-round draft pick from Miami, Tavares Gooden, could wind up playing next to Scott inside.

Ravens coach John Harbaugh has already made a pitch to Scott to stay in Baltimore.

“He told me that the team was interested in retaining my services and I always made it clear that I wanted to be here in Baltimore,” Scott said. “I understand it’s a business. It’s unique to free agency that you have three star linebackers up at the same time. You can make an argument for any one of those guys. Now, if you’re able to keep all three of us you’d almost have to be a miracle worker.

“I don’t know if Terrell Suggs’ hometown discount is going to work out. I wish he would have talked to me before he said that because I never knew that. I’ve been giving discounts since I’ve been in the le ague. I was like, ‘Hey, I’ve been the Wal-Mart Rollback special since I’ve been in the league, man.”

Translation: If the Ravens want Scott, who could draw interest from several teams in free agency including the Kansas City Chiefs, it won’t be cheap.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
BroadwayJoe10 is offline   Reply With Quote