Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Diego Chargers Team Forum

San Diego Chargers Team Forum Discuss the Bolts

Old 03-10-2007, 10:20 PM    (permalink
clumping platelets
Rookie

clumping platelets hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoltHype View Post
I asked charger fans about this about a week ago except it was a swap with the Giants at pick 20. about 80% of fans said NO to the idea, but it might be a different story will the bills because we would have a shot at Landry or Nelson.
at #12, Bolts would be in position to add Ginn as well
clumping platelets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 02:14 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clumping platelets View Post
With an outside shot at Landry, too.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 04:46 PM    (permalink
SDSupaChargers
Rookie

SDSupaChargers hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SDSupaChargers hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
With Ginn not running he might be dropping to us anyways. I like the idea of Landry or Nelson though, and I would definitely do that trade. The fact of the matter is that it's not that hard to find a back up running back and Turner is just going to walk after this season anyways.
Old 03-22-2007, 06:56 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have heard rumors of the Packers and Chargers swapping picks. Packers get Turner and #30 and the chargers get #16 and another pick or player

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 06:57 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
I have heard rumors of the Packers and Chargers swapping picks. Packers get Turner and #30 and the chargers get #16 and another pick or player
I would be welcomed to that idea being a Packers fan :)

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 03:24 PM    (permalink
Boltbaby

Quote:
Would the Chargers be interested in swapping 1st rd picks with the Bills?

Bills send 12th overall and 7th from Balt to SD for 30th overall, RB Turner, and mid rd pick in 08
Buffalo is actually one of the teams that we are hearing the most buzz about a trade with. There is a lot of history between the Chargers FO and the Bills. We don't want to see Turner too often, so Buffalo would be an ideal AFC team for him to go to. The twelfth pick would give the bolts a shot at a great safety or receiver, Reggie Nelson would probably still be there or Rice (however character issues may preclude them from taking Rice.)

There is also some talk about the Packers having interest in a trade for Turner. That would also be a great fit.
Old 03-25-2007, 04:33 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we do get the pick, I'd pefer a safty. Then draft a WR in 2nd round or 3rd.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 08:47 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
If we do get the pick, I'd pefer a safty. Then draft a WR in 2nd round or 3rd.
Gotta agree, I really like Jason Hill and want to see the Chargers get him in the second round somewhere, but you can't really argue with going first round WR if they do, there's plenty of S depth in the draft this year. Either way, past history shows whatever AJ decides won't be too bad. See 2004 draft.
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 01:57 PM    (permalink
da-giez

Packers swap 16th 4 30th and Turner....Nelson should still be there for you guys and Ginn jr, Meachem, Jarrett, Bowe which ever way you guys would want to go and the Packers solve running back prob. The only thing is it would have to be a draft day trade incase Marshawn fall to the Packers at 16 then they would take him over Turner.

If the Chargers did make this trade and want to go WR (Bowe, Jarrett, or Meachem) I'd trade down back into the 20's and grab and extra 2nd round pick that would be great for you guys. You moved up from 30 and got an extra 2nd for a back-up behind possibly the greatest running back of all time (when its all said and done)!
Old 03-28-2007, 09:29 AM    (permalink
zdh87
Rookie

zdh87 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdpads24 View Post
Right now I think AJ is looking for a 1st and a conditional 3rd round pick from what I've heard. That is pretty unrealistic I must say.

I don't know how unrealistic it is...The Falcons got swapped 1st Rounders and got the Texans 2nd rounder this year. Matt Schaub has much less proven ability then The Burner.
Old 03-28-2007, 07:19 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

THe Problem here is Michael Turner has a tag on him for a 1st and 3rd as an UFA. Not sure I see that happening...I think with the change in coaching staff you don't want to change to many things and with Turner in the backfield you can get another quality season out of his legs and draft someone late in the 4th or 5th to be the 3rd back. Maybe like a Chris Henry or Garrett Wolfe a fellow NIU Wildcat
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 02:18 PM    (permalink
bergo23
Rookie

bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.
Default options, we got options!

AJ made the right move giving him the highest tender, now he controls where Micheal goes. We are even loaded behind Turner, as Sproles is unproven but very talented, and same with Pinnock. We don't need Wolfe (Sproles), but will probably look at a bigger back on the second day.

I wish the burner nothing but the best, and would love for him to terrorize the Pats twice a year in Buffalo. He was awesome last year, and his big run against Indy the year before, kind of put him on the map of GM's around the league.
bergo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 12:20 PM    (permalink
zdh87
Rookie

Default Burner Rumors

I've heard all the same rumors; however, it appears as though a sign-and-trade deal is more likely, a la Matt Schaub to the Texans, so the team getting The Burner will not have him land on the open market in one year. It appears that the Bills would be in the best shape b/c they have the high pick, but the Titans have been kicking around the idea of packaging picks this year and next. The Packers will only acquire the rights to the Burner if Marshawn is gone, as stated before in this forum. I too wish the Burner all the best and hope he gets to a team that will make him a great back that he can be.
Old 04-04-2007, 12:25 PM    (permalink
zdh87
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMontainya View Post
"we have tons of cap room and can afford to resign him"

He wont resign to be a career back-up. He can make starter money on another team. hes alot like lamont Jordan. Both tore it up in limited action.
If you remember, LaMont stayed with the Jets for a long time before he got his shot so did Chester Taylor. Its not like there's no precedent in the organization either...Phillip Rivers and Drew Brees?
Old 04-06-2007, 10:21 AM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zdh87 View Post
If you remember, LaMont stayed with the Jets for a long time before he got his shot so did Chester Taylor. Its not like there's no precedent in the organization either...Phillip Rivers and Drew Brees?
Lamont was only with the Jets for one more year than Turner has been with SD though. And as for Rivers and Brees, Brees stayed around because he was the starter, and Rivers stayed around because he was under contract and it had only been two seasons before he could get his shot.
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 11:59 AM    (permalink
SDCanesFan

It's funny the topic of Turner is re-emerging in these forums from other fans of other teams...it actually has me laughing off my rocker...they thought I was silly back then...bwhahahaha!