Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Indianapolis Colts Team Forum

Indianapolis Colts Team Forum Discuss the Colts

Old 09-05-2009, 06:28 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Boy, I really hope the Colts claim Maurice Evans on waivers.

If nothing else, he could be a good short-term solution for the bigger type of DE they now want.

Ed Johnson was a dope at Penn State (and afterward), he went undrafted, but right now he's the best Colts DT by far and is a very good player. Take the chance on Evans imo, maybe the light has turned on for him too. Especially with a former college teammate in Johnson to clue him in to the opportunity before him.

That is what I am hoping for right now.

Dom Rhodes is available, not quite sure what to think about that. We know what Rhodes can bring to the table, but that fact of that matter is that he's already lost some of his speed and could be somewhat near the end of his career. Mike Hart has his career ahead of him, if he can stay healthy.

I wouldn't be mad if they brought Dom back, but with Addai healthy and future stud Donald Brown, having his veteran experience isn't necessary like it was last year. I wish him well though, I think it was a bad move by Buffalo to release him because they need his pass blocking experience in their attempt at a no-huddle offense (with a completely brand new offensive line).
Old 09-05-2009, 06:36 PM    (permalink
Seamus2602
Veteran

Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The argument about Dominic Rhodes that I would bring is that if Mike Hart is hurt, and can't play at his full level, then Rhodes should be brought back as he is a massive upgrade over a hurt Mike Hart, and an upgrade over both Lance Ball and Chad Simpson. He could also provide veteran leadership and experience to the likes of Brown, Hart and potentially Ball, if Ball is retained on the Practice Squad.

In Football the object is for the Field General to be on target with his aerial assault, riddling the Defence by hitting his Receivers with deadly accuracy, in spite of the Blitz, even if he has to use the Shotgun. With short bullet passes and long bombs he marches his troops into enemy territory, balancing this aerial assault with a sustained ground attack which punches holes in the forward wall of the enemy’s Defensive Line.

In Baseball the object is to go home and be safe.

Last edited by Seamus2602 : 09-05-2009 at 07:15 PM.
Seamus2602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 07:59 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know that Rhodes is an upgrade over Ball or Simpson. There is a reason he got cut. And Bills are in bigger need of back then we are with Lynch being out for 4 weeks.

Sig by Primetime21
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 08:11 PM    (permalink
Seamus2602
Veteran

Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we had resigned Rhodes in the Offseason then we would have signed him as the player who lead the team in total Touchdowns. It would have cost the team a fair amount for an older Running Back. Now, if the team resigns him, we are getting a player who can't make it on a team with out a starter for 1/4 of the season. He'll come much cheaper. I think Rhodes is an improvement over Ball and Simpson, he showed that last year.

In Football the object is for the Field General to be on target with his aerial assault, riddling the Defence by hitting his Receivers with deadly accuracy, in spite of the Blitz, even if he has to use the Shotgun. With short bullet passes and long bombs he marches his troops into enemy territory, balancing this aerial assault with a sustained ground attack which punches holes in the forward wall of the enemy’s Defensive Line.

Old 09-05-2009, 08:15 PM    (permalink
Seamus2602
Veteran

The Colts have waived running back Lance Ball, wide receiver Sam Giguere, defensive lineman John Gill, defensive tackle Adrian Grady, running back Mike Hart, defensive end Marcus Howard, defensive back Dante Hughes, center Steve Justice, wide receiver John Matthews, wide receiver Brett McDermott, running back Walter Mendenhall, offensive lineman Tom Pestock, wide receiver Taj Smith, linebacker Michael Tauiliili, defensive tackle Terrance Taylor, offensive lineman Jaimie Thomas, defensive end Josh Thomas and offensive tackle Michael Toudouze. Waived-Injured were: defensive backs Nick Graham and Travis Key and tight end Jamie Petrowski.

Old 09-05-2009, 08:16 PM    (permalink
chad72
Rookie

chad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair
Default 3 guys I like

Justin Miller, KR, waived from Raiders, returned 2 kickoffs for TDs last year.

Yamon Figurs, KR, waived from Ravens, excellent speed, will help with return game as well.

Mitch King, unwisely chose Titans, he is cut, I do think the Colts may be interested in him, they were one of the teams that vied for his services as an UDFA, he just chose the Titans
chad72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 08:22 PM    (permalink
Seamus2602
Veteran

Final Roster:

18 - Peyton Manning - QB
12 - Jim Sorgi - QB
7 - Curtis Painter - QB

29 - Joseph Addai - RB
31 - Donald Brown - RB
35 - Chad Simpson - RB

87 - Reggie Wayne - WR
11 - Anthony Gonzalez - WR
17 - Austin Collie - WR
85 - Pierre Garçon - WR

44 - Dallas Clark - TE
47 - Gijon Robinson - TE
84 - Jacob Tamme - TE
86 - Tom Santi - TE

71 - Ryan Diem - OT
74 - Charlie Johnson - OT
67 - Tony Ugoh - OT

65 - Ryan Lilja - OG
78 - Mike Pollak - OG
61 - Jamey Richard - OG/C
76 - Daniel Federkeil - OG/T

63 - Jeff Saturday - OC
66 - Kyle DeVan - OC

93 - Dwight Freeney - DE
98 - Robert Mathis - DE
79 - Raheem Brock - DE
96 - Keyunta Dawson - DE

91 - Ed Johnson - DT
99 - Antonio Johnson - DT
95 - Fili Moala - DT
68 - Eric Foster - DT
90 - Daniel Muir - DT

55 - Clint Session - WLB
51 - Jordan Senn - WLB
45 - Ramon Humber - WLB

50 - Philip Wheeler - SLB
56 - Tyjuan Hagler - SLB

58 - Gary Brackett - MLB
54 - Freddie Keiaho - MLB

26 - Kelvin Hayden - CB
28 - Marlin Jackson - CB
23 - Tim Jennings - CB
49 - Jerraud Powers - CB
16 - Jacob Lacey - CB
34 - T. J. Rushing - CB

41 - Antoine Bethea - FS
43 - Matt Giordano - FS

26 - Bob Sanders - SS
33 - Melvin Bullitt - SS
40 - Jamie Silva - SS

4 - Adam Vinatieri - K
8 - Shane Andrus - K
1 - Pat McAfee - P
48 - Justin Snow - LS

Ed Johnson doesn't count toward the 53 until Week 2. They'll keep Andrus on the 53 until then just to make sure Vinatieri is okay to go.

Old 09-05-2009, 08:23 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sad to see Mike Hart cut, but maybe last year's torn ACL and the current ankle injury let him land on the Colts' practice squad for the time being.

Not surprised Chad Simpson made it over Lance Ball, I always said Simpson was the better player. Shouldn't have gone against myself in my projected depth charts. Simpson has speed, but it's north-south speed. And he can catch the ball and do decent in pass blocking.

Terrance Taylor hardly saw much play time this preseason, I wonder if the Colts weren't purposefully trying to limit game tape for other teams to see him?

The more experienced Daniel Muir makes it.

7 linebackers, including Keiaho, Hagler, Humber, and Senn. I'm ready for the team to move on from Keiaho now.
Old 09-05-2009, 08:30 PM    (permalink
Seamus2602
Veteran

Possible Practice Squad:

Mike Hart - RB
Lance Ball - RB
Taj Smith - WR
Samuel Giguère - WR
Jaimie Thomas - OG
Terrance Taylor - DT
Adrian Grady - DT
Mike Tauiliili - MLB

Old 09-05-2009, 08:32 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Looks spot on. Two RBs might be too much though, not sure.
Old 09-05-2009, 08:35 PM    (permalink
Seamus2602
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Sad to see Mike Hart cut, but maybe last year's torn ACL and the current ankle injury let him land on the Colts' practice squad for the time being.
He wasn't really able to compete this offseason and thus the team couldn't really evaluate him. Hopefully teams will be wary given the injuries and not claim him and he can spend a year on the Practice Squad, get healthy and show us what he can do next year.

Quote:
Not surprised Chad Simpson made it over Lance Ball, I always said Simpson was the better player. Shouldn't have gone against myself in my projected depth charts. Simpson has speed, but it's north-south speed. And he can catch the ball and do decent in pass blocking.
I just don't know about Simpson. Maybe he will be a good player for us but I could see us bringing in a replacement (maybe Rhodes) in the next couple of days.

Quote:
Terrance Taylor hardly saw much play time this preseason, I wonder if the Colts weren't purposefully trying to limit game tape for other teams to see him?

The more experienced Daniel Muir makes it.
It will be interesting to see if they retain Muir after Week 1 when Ed Johnson is brought back into the 53. Muir's playing time could be limited but he could be retained and spell with Mookie. I was very excited when Taylor was drafted and was surprised at how little time he got in PreSeason. I just hope he clears waivers because I could see a team (like the Lions or Falcons) having a go.

Quote:
7 linebackers, including Keiaho, Hagler, Humber, and Senn. I'm ready for the team to move on from Keiaho now.
Keiaho is our backup Linebacker. He's the only one that can legitimately backup at MIKE, and is probably a better backup at both WILL and SAM than the other three, while the other three, especially Senn, are very good at Special Teams.

Last edited by Seamus2602 : 09-05-2009 at 08:38 PM.
Old 09-05-2009, 08:37 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a bit surprised that Taylor didn't make it, but let's face it, he'll probably never going to be an every-down DT. Anthony, Ed and Muir are all just as big and probably better. I do hope we can retain him on the PS.

I'm very glad Humber and Lacy made the squad. Both look like good finds by BP.

Too bad there wasn't enough room for Tauiliili also, he impressed me too. I hope he'll be on PS.

Sig by Primetime21
Old 09-05-2009, 08:45 PM    (permalink
chad72
Rookie

chad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair
Default The tweener era is dwindling

I see tweeners like Marcus Howard and Curtis Johnson probably going to 3-4 teams as LBs, where they should have gone in the first place.

I can see a shift in run containment along with pass rush at DE, I can see a guy like Mitch King being picked up, seriously, I do.

Both Taylor and Hart can be on PS if they clear waivers, so I would not be surprised if that happens, same with Grady as well.

BP had to have a lot of balls to admit 5 of his last 2 draft's picks were bad - Marcus Howard, Steve Justice, Mike Hart, Terrance Taylor, and Jaimie Thomas

I do not see tweeners drafted for Coyer's system anymore.

Last edited by chad72 : 09-05-2009 at 08:49 PM.
Old 09-05-2009, 08:58 PM    (permalink
Seamus2602
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad72 View Post
BP had to have a lot of balls to admit 5 of his last 2 draft's picks were bad - Marcus Howard, Steve Justice, Mike Hart, Terrance Taylor, and Jaimie Thomas
I don't think he's declaring Mike Hart, Terrance Taylor or Jaimie Thomas as bad. I think with both Taylor and Thomas he's saying good players but need to mature into the NFL and are better off doing that on the Practice Squad. With Hart he's saying take a year, ease yourself back into and we'll see about you next year. I don't believe the Colts have seen the last of Hart, Taylor or Thomas.

Old 09-05-2009, 08:58 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Well, I don't know if those picks were bad as much as maybe the rest of our players are good.

I think those players were victims of depth.

Sig by Primetime21
Old 09-05-2009, 09:13 PM    (permalink
chad72
Rookie

Default I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus2602 View Post
I don't think he's declaring Mike Hart, Terrance Taylor or Jaimie Thomas as bad. I think with both Taylor and Thomas he's saying good players but need to mature into the NFL and are better off doing that on the Practice Squad. With Hart he's saying take a year, ease yourself back into and we'll see about you next year. I don't believe the Colts have seen the last of Hart, Taylor or Thomas.
I don't think we have seen the last of Hart, Taylor or Thomas either.

Hey, a good zone blocking prospect in many Colts fan mock drafts - OT Jamon Meredith got released by the Packers. Also, OT Alex Boone got released by the 49ers.

Alex Boone may be more of a project but Jamon Meredith may have more upside with us as a tackle. Worth a shot???
Old 09-05-2009, 10:55 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

The Colts probably aren't done just yet, I agree. At least one more move could be coming.
Old 09-06-2009, 05:56 AM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I liked Jamon, would love to see him come in

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 01:53 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Boy, I really hope the Colts claim Maurice Evans on waivers.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...s-from-giants/

Sorry/

Old 09-06-2009, 02:36 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Yeah, that was a bummer, but not surprising. Someone was bound to pick him up, and the Colts have among the worst waiver priority because they are among the best teams in the league. I just wonder who else put a claim on him, if the Colts were one.

Jamon Meredith passes waivers and the Packers signed him to their practice squad, per rotoworld.

But there is at least one addition to the Colts so far, safety Aaron Francisco formerly of the Arizona Cardinals:

Quote:
Francisco to the Colts

Former Cardinals safety Aaron Francisco will sign a one-year deal with the Colts, his agent said today.

Francisco was a vested veteran so he wasn't subject to the waiver process. He was a free agent and decided the Colts were the best fit for him. The Colts will be without starting safety Bob Sanders for a week or two, so they were looking to bolster the position.

Francisco was on his way to Indianapolis on Sunday, said his agent, Max Hannemann.

The Cardinals cut Francisco on Friday. He could get a chance to play against his old team. The Cardinals play the Colts in Glendale in week three.
The word on him is great special teams player, horrible defender.

Sounds better than Giordano imo.
Old 09-06-2009, 05:13 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

Adam Schefter's Twitter says...

Colts waived DB Matt Giordano and claimed off waivers LB Cody Glenn (D5-09 choice of Washington; 6-0, 240, Nebraska).

Interesting.

Old 09-06-2009, 05:16 PM    (permalink
Seamus2602
Veteran

Colts have announced the Practice Squad:

Tight end Colin Cloherty, wide receivers Sam Giguere, John Matthews and Taj Smith, defensive lineman John Gill, running back Mike Hart and guard Jaimie Thomas.

No Terrance Taylor or Lance Ball?

Old 09-06-2009, 07:15 PM    (permalink
RagingColt
Rookie

RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No Taylor and no Howard on the roster is puzzling at best. At least Humbler made the team after a great preseason.
Old 09-06-2009, 08:53 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

1. Good to see Francisco over Giordano as a back-up safety, if Francisco is the special teams standout he's supposed to be. They're both bad safeties, but Giordano wasn't a good special teams player either. Back-ups should be good special teamers for Coach Ray.

2. Speaking of upgrading special teams, maybe that's part of the appeal in Cody Glenn. Interesting roster pick-up, the Colts must have liked what they see in evaluating him before the Draft or in his time with Washington in the preseason.

He's a weakside linebacker prospect though, from all indications. 8 linebackers in total and now behind Session is a glut with Jordan Senn, Cody Glenn, and Freddy Keiaho. Some fat to be trimmed there, I think. Maybe real soon, after Week 1 when Ed Johnson completes his suspension.

3. There's still one more practice squad spot left, keep in mind. Adrian Grady or Terrance Taylor would be my guess maybe, Grady the more favored.

John Matthews was my sleeper before training camp, but he made some major mistakes in the last two preseason games. Looked like Brett McDermott would get the PS nod over him, but Matthews showed something for him to stick.

I wonder about Giguere, but the Colts saw something in Dan Federkeil and developed him for years, and Federkeil looks pretty good now.
Old 09-06-2009, 10:44 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Wait, doesn't someone else have to be released? We've added 2 and released 1.

Sig by Primetime21