Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Indianapolis Colts Team Forum

Indianapolis Colts Team Forum Discuss the Colts

Old 10-16-2009, 11:07 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It may be closed for you Geo but if Steven Jackson runs for big yardage there will be problems. Of course I hope Moala steps in and does well. I didnt' honestly see a ton of difference in the play of either Johnson or Muir when they were in, but I would've expected them to cut someone like Silva before cutting Ed.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 11:52 AM    (permalink
Seamus2602
Veteran

Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingColt View Post
Does this mean Mookie and Muir are now the starters with Foster and Moala in the rotation as backups?
Naw, probably Mookie and Foster are the starters with Muir, Moala (and Brock and Dawson) all rotating.

In Football the object is for the Field General to be on target with his aerial assault, riddling the Defence by hitting his Receivers with deadly accuracy, in spite of the Blitz, even if he has to use the Shotgun. With short bullet passes and long bombs he marches his troops into enemy territory, balancing this aerial assault with a sustained ground attack which punches holes in the forward wall of the enemy’s Defensive Line.

In Baseball the object is to go home and be safe.
Seamus2602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 09:35 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Dan Muir starts, Polian gives an honest analysis of Tony Ugoh

http://indyfootballreport.com/index.php/archives/4040

Quote:
Also on Wednesday, Caldwell said third-year veteran Dan Muir will start at defensive tackle alongside Antonio Johnson.
http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-4...ckoff-coverage

Quote:
"It's a very interesting question," Polian said as the Colts prepared for a one-practice week on their bye week, "because it puts it really in three contexts. The first context is, 'Is Tony Ugoh a solid National Football League player?' The second is, 'If he is or isn't, how come Charlie Johnson has the job?' The third context is, 'Well, what did you pay for him?'"

Polian addressed the third context first.

"It doesn't matter what you paid for a player so long as the player performs," Polian said. "For every Tony Ugoh that may not end up being a bona fide, first-time-out-of-the-box starter, there's a (rookie CB) Jacob Lacey or a Jerraud Powers, so it all balances out. It's not about what you paid for a player. I've often told the scouts and I've said to everyone in the building, 'We're not out to win the draft. We're out to win football games. It's about the 53 players you put on the field. If you stop and think about it, I think that's one of the reasons we've had so much success in the draft. Because we're not out to win the draft. We get 'C's every year and we're proud of it and happy to get them. We want to get 'A's when it comes to performing on the field. So, it doesn't matter what we took him or what we paid for him. The only question is, 'How good a player is Tony Ugoh?'"

Polian said when Ugoh was blocking Titans DE Kyle Vanden Bosch on Sunday, the answer was that Ugoh wasn't bad at all.

"When you watch the tape, you find out that he really did a very credible job," Polian said. "Over the course of a 60-play game, Tony Ugoh played pretty darned well. If you said to me, 'Is Tony Ugoh as good a player as D'Brickashaw Ferguson?' I'd probably say, 'Yes.' Is he as good a player as maybe some people who have higher profiles in the media? The answer is probably yes. To Tony's credit, when he had to step in and play Sunday night, he played pretty darned well.And as one of our Pro Scouts, Kevin Rogers, said many weeks ago as we were discussing he formation of our roster, 'There are a lot worse players than Tony Ugoh starting for other teams in this league. That's for sure.' Don't get down on him. We're not. It's a work in progress.

"If I can point to one thing Tony doesn't have it's great lower body strength and therefore, he needs to be able to be pretty much technically perfect on every play. If he's not technically correct, then against a Vanden Bosch he's going to have a little difficulty from time to time. But he hung in last night and did a very, very credible job. There's no reason to worry about Tony Ugoh and there's no reason to point fingers at Tony Ugoh and we're very happy we have Tony Ugoh."
After Ugoh caused the interception, I thought he played well from that point. With that and with Polian's honest appraisal, I am a believer in Tony Ugoh again!

His rookie contract goes through 2010, I see no reason not to stick with him and see if/how he develops further as a player. Especially if he can get past the little nagging injuries that seem to creep up on him every season.

Last edited by Geo : 10-21-2009 at 09:40 PM.
Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 12:22 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's hard to say definitively right now, but what do you guys think are the Colts top needs in the draft in 2010? Not that Polian drafts based on need, but that is factored into picking the BPA.

Seems like we could use a few LBs, some OLmen, maybe a receiver. I also wouldn't mind having another pass rusher.

At LB right now we have lots of depth but little talent. It would be nice if we could get a high-skill LB. I think it would really round out the D. I thought Session might be that guy but it hasn't happened so far. I have no idea if there will be such a player available by the time the Colts pick though.

i done stole dis sig
Old 10-27-2009, 01:36 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Upgrades at LB and on OL could be made.

The biggest weakness on our team is run-blocking.

As far as DT, well I'm not against bringing another talented player, but we have 4 young DTs with upside.

We have depth in the Secondary, but free agency could hit us there.
MaxV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 09:23 PM    (permalink
RagingColt
Rookie

RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is a bit O/T, but Seattle cut Edge today.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....ap/index.html

James won't be back with the Colts, but it does look like his career is over with now. The evening after watching a training camp practice about 5 years ago at Rose Hulman in Terre Haute, I saw James in the mall drinking a soda by himself. He's just sitting there and I had my Dallas Clark jersey on and walked by him and smiled. Edge smiled back and I kept walking. Still think about that whenever he's on TV.

At least he'll have a place in the Ring of Honor at the Luke.
Old 11-04-2009, 07:51 AM    (permalink
chad72
Rookie

chad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair
Default We need a 3rd down RB that can be a good returner

I am thinking of a late round pick on a 3rd down RB like Kevin Faulk who can blitz block and make catches in the open field for crucial first downs plus can do return duties and have the occasional home run capability if the blocking down the field is good.

I have 2 guys in mind - Brandon James of Florida and Mike Smith of Arkansas.

What do you guys think of those 2? They can easily be day 2 picks - 3rd or 4th round picks that can help our team.
chad72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 12:30 PM    (permalink
chad72
Rookie

chad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair
Default Tyjuan Hagler out for the season

http://indyfootballreport.com/index....4219#more-4219

Bad news, since I am not confident Philip Wheeler can get the job done.

The good thing is I liked what I saw in rookie Ramon Humber, so the competition forces Wheeler to step it up.

Last edited by chad72 : 11-04-2009 at 12:34 PM.
Old 11-04-2009, 12:53 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad72 View Post
http://indyfootballreport.com/index....4219#more-4219

Bad news, since I am not confident Philip Wheeler can get the job done.

The good thing is I liked what I saw in rookie Ramon Humber, so the competition forces Wheeler to step it up.
I don't think Wheeler's problem is effort, I think he just isn't a very good LB. Maybe it's just his hair but he looks uncoordinated and lost when trying to play football. He hasn't been that impressive as a pass rusher either. Humber did show some promise. Also I think they could move Keiaho back into the lineup. It isn't like Session is doing better than he did at the WLB position.

i done stole dis sig
Old 11-04-2009, 04:05 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sucks about Hagler, he can't seem to stay healthy. At least it gives a chance for one of the younger talents at LB to get on the field and get some experience. Hopefully the hype on Wheeler was right, it'd be nice to have a good blitzing LB in this system.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 10:23 PM    (permalink
chad72
Rookie

Default FF trade input from fellow Colts fans

Hey, I just accepted an FF trade that gave me Matt Forte and Steve Slaton for Joseph Addai and Rashard Mendenhall.

My core RBs are Michael Turner and Ray Rice.

My WRs are Colston, Welker, Boldin, Mike Sims Walker, and Dwayne Bowe

I play 2 WRs, 2 RBs and 1 FLEX (WR/RB).

Since Turner and Rice are past their bye weeks, I plan to ride them all the way. So, I thought Forte and Slaton will give me more upside for my FLEX should I choose to play an RB for my FLEX.

Also, the 2 trade analyzer URLs below gave a favorable trade analysis for me as well, take a look:

http://www.fantasysp.com/nfl_trade_a...m1=&rightcom2=

http://www.kffl.com/static/programs/...rade_analyzer/

Your thoughts??
Old 11-07-2009, 01:18 PM    (permalink
Seamus2602
Veteran

Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Philip Wilson of IndyStar says the team are considering cutting Bob Sanders. If there is no CBA then they will cut him and get rid of a huge cap hit for the following season (when there probably will be a CBA). If there is, somehow, a new one for next season then they will probably keep him.

In Football the object is for the Field General to be on target with his aerial assault, riddling the Defence by hitting his Receivers with deadly accuracy, in spite of the Blitz, even if he has to use the Shotgun. With short bullet passes and long bombs he marches his troops into enemy territory, balancing this aerial assault with a sustained ground attack which punches holes in the forward wall of the enemy’s Defensive Line.

Old 11-07-2009, 07:59 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man, I can't believe they are discussing cutting Bob.

This really sucks. I honestly thought that he would go down in history as one of the best Colts' defensive players of all time.

I hope he still gets there.
Old 11-09-2009, 09:39 PM    (permalink
RagingColt
Rookie

RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone have a clue if D. Brown is close to being back from injury yet? Be really nice if he could play vs. the Pats and stretch their D a bit.
Old 11-10-2009, 07:52 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

I haven't heard about Brown. I don't think the Pats are that great vs. the run this year so having him back would be huge.

i done stole dis sig
Old 11-10-2009, 09:27 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I hope Donald can go. He could certainly make a difference.
Old 11-12-2009, 08:05 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Colts signed CB Anthony Madison and have release DE Josh Thomas.

http://www.colts.com/sub.cfm?page=roster

I don't know much about this player, but we did need to add a DB.

We've also added DE Ervin Baldwin to PS.

Last edited by MaxV : 11-12-2009 at 08:11 AM.
Old 11-12-2009, 08:52 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
Colts signed CB Anthony Madison and have release DE Josh Thomas.

http://www.colts.com/sub.cfm?page=roster

I don't know much about this player, but we did need to add a DB.

We've also added DE Ervin Baldwin to PS.
He apparently does well on special teams. He was an undrafted FA for the Steelers, started on the PS but was brought up to play STs. Released recently by the Browns. Apparently more of a man coverage guy than a zone CB.

i done stole dis sig
Old 11-16-2009, 08:03 PM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sooo when are Kelvin and Gonzo due back?
7-11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 11:34 PM    (permalink
RagingColt
Rookie

Gonzo still sounds like he won't be back for a month or more. Hayden, hopefully we get him back in 2/3 weeks.
Old 11-17-2009, 08:40 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

I think the latest from Polian is that they're not due back until after Thanksgiving. Same for Vinatieri.

i done stole dis sig
Old 11-24-2009, 02:44 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Looks like Mike Hart is gone again.

http://ind.scout.com/a.z?s=113&p=9&c...=4217508&fhn=1

i done stole dis sig
Old 11-24-2009, 03:14 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Who is being added in his place?

A returner, I hope.
Old 11-24-2009, 05:12 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Schefter has tweeted it's Josh Thomas back again... again!

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 05:56 PM    (permalink
Seamus2602
Veteran

Josh Thomas will play primarily on Special Teams which will allow the likes of Lacey, Wheeler and Jennings to focus on their defensive roles.

Also, UKfan, commiserations on your win.

Then again as an Ireland fan I probably shouldn't be slegging people about football.

Last edited by Seamus2602 : 11-24-2009 at 06:01 PM.