Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Indianapolis Colts Team Forum

Indianapolis Colts Team Forum Discuss the Colts

Old 09-01-2008, 09:09 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Are you sure you're not thinking of the WR? I don't remember anyone thinking the LB would be a first rounder.
No, I'm talking about the right player, former Florida State star.

I believe even Scott had a 1st round grade on him. Buster was an explosive playmaker in college.

Obviously, his draft stock was overrated, but I believe he can play in the NFL.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 09:43 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It was early on in the process, definitely before the Combine and probably the Senior Bowl too.

No one considered him a first round talent by April 2007.

I'm not crazy about adding him, but I don't hate the move. Senn can play on the practice squad, might as well see if Davis could make it. He'll probably get cut once Hagler is good to go. I would have rather they brought someone in with potentially higher upside, taken a chance on Okwo.

Last edited by Geo : 09-01-2008 at 09:54 AM.
Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 11:02 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

New Colts roster revealed.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/roster;jses...d&d-447263-n=1

Muir and Davis are in, Silva and Guzman are out.

I like it.
Old 09-01-2008, 11:04 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Davis can do what Guzman did on ST, plus he is a better LB.

Silva would've probably have been good on ST, but his upside as DB is VERY limited.

Muir addition makes our depth at DT better.
Old 09-01-2008, 11:38 AM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Are you sure you're not thinking of the WR? I don't remember anyone thinking the LB would be a first rounder.
After the Miami game a lot of people did. Then they realized that Miami was overhyped and he didn't perform as well the rest of the year, so he dropped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
New Colts roster revealed.

Muir and Davis are in, Silva and Guzman are out.

I like it.
Silva out? Damn, I was hoping he'd stick. Hopefully he'll make the PS, he deserves a spot on this roster as a ST contributor at some point.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 11:43 AM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With Condren and Silva both out, safety depth doesn't look amazing...

Sanders, Bethea, Giordano and Bullitt are all I see, I guess Marlin could slide over if necessary...

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 12:01 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's why I'm hoping Silva slides on to the PS.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
Old 09-01-2008, 12:02 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah that would be best, hope another team doesn't give him a look, he's a gamer.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 12:31 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Here's the roster, per NFL.com link

QB (2) - Peyton Manning, Jim Sorgi
RB (3) - Joseph Addai, Dominick Rhodes, Mike Hart
WR (6) - Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Anthony Gonzalez, Roy Hall, Pierre Garcon, Courtney Roby
TE (4) - Dallas Clark, Jacob Tamme, Gijon Robinson, Tom Santi
OL (9) - Tony Ugoh, Ryan Diem, Jeff Saturday, Charlie Johnson, Mike Pollak, Daniel Federkeil, Steven Justice, Jaime Richard, Corey Hilliard

DE (6) - Dwight Freeney, Robert Mathis, Raheem Brock, Josh Thomas, Marcus Howard, Curtis Johnson
DT (5) - Ed Johnson, Keyunta Dawson, Eric Foster, Darrell Reid, Daniel Muir
LB (6) - Freddy Keiaho, Gary Brackett, Philip Wheeler, Clint Session, Jordan Senn, Buster Davis
CB (5) - Marlin Jackson, Kelvin Hayden, Tim Jennings, Dante Hughes, Keiwan Ratliff
DB (4) - Bob Sanders, Antoine Bethea, Matt Giordano, Melvin Bullitt

K (1) - Adam Vinatieri
P (1) - Hunter Smith
LS (1) - Justin Snow

Last edited by MaxV : 09-01-2008 at 12:38 PM.
Old 09-01-2008, 01:09 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

I'm wondering what the reserve guys mean. For example, Kenton Keith is listed as reserve, so I'm doubting these are PS guys, since Keith can't be eligible.

Quote:
Old 09-01-2008, 01:42 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm waiting for confirmation that Silva and Guzman are waived, honestly I don't believe it.
Old 09-01-2008, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
I'm waiting for confirmation that Silva and Guzman are waived, honestly I don't believe it.
Look on NFL.com's roster page for the Colts, they're no longer listed.

Quote:
Old 09-01-2008, 03:12 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Colts.com has Muir (#90) and Davis (#52) added with Silva and Guzman no longer present. So there's the confirmation I was looking for.

No mention of the practice squad though. Hopefully Silva can make it there, along with guys like Giguere, Chad Simpson, Colin Ferrell among others.
Old 09-01-2008, 04:39 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Can Jordan Senn keep the #49? I thought LBs had to wear #s in the 50s or 90s.

Quote:
Old 09-01-2008, 05:58 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Apparently Colts resigned Josh Betts and added him to PS.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/blogs...es_baaack.html

I hope it's true, I liked him.

Last edited by MaxV : 09-01-2008 at 06:05 PM.
Old 09-02-2008, 10:02 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

It's not official yet, but it appears that 6 of 8 PS players are now known.

Quote:
The team made no announcement, but agents or the players themselves confirmed that six of the eight practice-squad positions have been filled: safety Jamie Silva, quarterback Josh Betts, running back Chad Simpson, offensive linemen Michael Toudouze and Tala Esera and wide receiver Sam Giguere.
http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl.../1058/SPORTS03

I like this group. I hope Ishola is one of the other 2.

Last edited by MaxV : 09-02-2008 at 10:04 AM.
Old 09-02-2008, 03:46 PM    (permalink
chad72
Rookie

chad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Michael Toudouze did well last year at LT going against the likes of Merriman when he came in place of Ugoh in the Chargers game, I guess Howard Mudd saw something he did not like, I guess.

I guess he was first cut, then re-instated, thus making him eligible for the practice squad again, uh?

So, no matter how many years you have been on the practice squad, if you get cut, and then signed again, you are just like a first year player for the Colts, and become eligible for the practice squad, just like Josh Betts? Is that an accurate statement?
chad72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 04:19 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

There are rules to practice squad eligibility. If I remember correctly off the top of my head, the two big ones are that you can't be on the practice squad for more than three years (that was a recent change, before I think it was only two), and you can't be active on the 53-man roster for more than 9 games in a season.

If a team wants to sign a player from another team's practice squad, that can happen but the player must be placed on that team's 53-man roster. You can't sign a guy from another practice squad to be on your practice squad, it doesn't work that way.

As for the Colts, I really like that assembled-to-that-point practice squad.
Old 09-02-2008, 04:24 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

BTW, Aromashodu is on Redskins PS. Just like last year, if one of our WRs gets hurt, they might add him to 53-man instead of bringing up Giguere.
Old 09-02-2008, 04:27 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Interesting, it slipped my mind that Aromashodu would still be practice squad eligible. The Colts might have offered him a spot, but maybe he wanted to try his luck elsewhere and in this case with his former college quarterback in Jason Campbell.

Onrea Jones was signed to the Arizona Cardinals practice squad I read.
Old 09-03-2008, 07:00 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Official Practice Squad released.

QB - Josh Betts
OT - Michael Toudouze
OT - Tala Esera
OT - Dane Uperesa
RB - Chad Simpson
WR - Sam Giguere
CB - Brandon Foster
DB - Jamie Silva
Old 09-11-2008, 01:20 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

So with Ed Johnson going to be waived, here are 5 defensive tackles I hope the Colts consider working out/signing in preferred order:

1. Jeremy Clark ('07 Draft) [Giants' PS]
2. Dre Moore ('08) [Bucs' PS]
3. Ogemdi Nwagbuo ('08)
4. Keith Jackson ('07)
5. Joe Cohen ('07)

Last edited by Geo : 09-11-2008 at 10:46 AM.
Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 02:02 AM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Can the Colts sign someone off another team's PS?

Quote:
Old 09-11-2008, 09:45 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Absolutely. The only provisions are that he must be signed to the 53-man roster and that he must be with the team for 3 weeks (I believe that is what it is).

If they want to sign someone to their practice squad, then they need to stick with the free agents (include Colin Ferrell to consider, I would think).
Old 09-11-2008, 01:05 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Coach Dungy says the team has signed former Eagles defensive tackle Lajuan Ramsey. Very glad to see that.

LaJuan Ramsey NFL player page
. Coach said he's already there and ready to practice.

Also, the Colts are likely to start Eric Foster alongside Keyunta Dawson. Makes more sense than starting Raheem Brock at NT, which is maybe the stupidest idea I've ever heard in my life.

News from yesterday, the Colts claimed runningback Justin Forsett after he was waived by the Seahawks. Love it, Forsett is a very good player. I can't believe the Colts ended up with both him and Mike Hart, at only the cost of a 6th round pick.