Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Indianapolis Colts Team Forum

Indianapolis Colts Team Forum Discuss the Colts

Old 09-18-2008, 11:17 AM    (permalink
redviper311
Rookie

redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Coach Dungy says the team has signed former Eagles defensive tackle Lajuan Ramsey. Very glad to see that.

LaJuan Ramsey NFL player page
. Coach said he's already there and ready to practice.

Also, the Colts are likely to start Eric Foster alongside Keyunta Dawson. Makes more sense than starting Raheem Brock at NT, which is maybe the stupidest idea I've ever heard in my life.

News from yesterday, the Colts claimed runningback Justin Forsett after he was waived by the Seahawks. Love it, Forsett is a very good player. I can't believe the Colts ended up with both him and Mike Hart, at only the cost of a 6th round pick.
Well the signing of Ramsey and Forsett look brillant after last weeks win at Minn. Forsett has huge up side and I would love to see him get some carries down the road. Could Forsett be that X-factor similar to Sporles for San Deigo, well that remains to be seen. So far so good.

Sig by Stephenson86
redviper311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 11:54 AM    (permalink
chad72
Rookie

chad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair
Default I have a feeling he might take one to the house

Quote:
Originally Posted by redviper311 View Post
Well the signing of Ramsey and Forsett look brillant after last weeks win at Minn. Forsett has huge up side and I would love to see him get some carries down the road. Could Forsett be that X-factor similar to Sporles for San Deigo, well that remains to be seen. So far so good.

I just have a feeling Justin Forsett might take one to the house, kickoff or punt return, against the Jags this week. He just is so elusive in the open field in getting those few yards. If he gets a gap, he might be gone and I am hoping for that this weekend.
chad72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 12:11 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default I heart the duo of Mike Hart and Justin Forsett so much.

They should be called the Big Little Beasties or something. :p

I think they could be the starting duo for the Colts, sharing the workload. So glad the Colts focused on improving the depth chart at runningback, a position they often neglected for so long.

As for the other new addition of LaJuan Ramsey, he certainly pops out on the field with his size and weight - especialy relative to the Colts. I think he might give the Colts what a, ahem, large Corey Simon did in '05. More of a run-stuffer.

Bill Polian said on his recent radio show that the Colts will give NT a strong look after this season, given the departures of Quinn Pitcock (boy I wished he stuck) and Ed Johnson. He specifically mentioned a weight around 290 lbs.

Hopefully Daniel Muir can play after the bye week, I want to see him in action.
Old 09-18-2008, 12:21 PM    (permalink
redviper311
Rookie

redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Daniel Muir would be a great addition to the NT rotation on the line and could play UT on running downs with LaJuan Ramsey at NT. I can see that being a strong duo. First Muir has to get healthly enough to get the rotation going.

Has anyone seen Buster Davis in the line up yet at OLB?

Sig by Stephenson86
redviper311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 05:04 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Colts sign Silva to the active roster.

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl.../80920009/1100

Not yet sure who goes to make room.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 05:39 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Football Fabio can't be denied

My pick would be either Buster Davis or Taylor Senn.

Glad to see Silva back. Him and Melvin Bullitt are a bright future for the Colts, some guy named Bob Sanders notwithstanding.
Old 09-20-2008, 07:09 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No, I'm sorry, but I don't think Silva is the future.

I might be able to see Bullitt, except he plays the same position as Bob.
Old 09-21-2008, 11:50 AM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
My pick would be either Buster Davis or Taylor Senn.

Glad to see Silva back. Him and Melvin Bullitt are a bright future for the Colts, some guy named Bob Sanders notwithstanding.
It's Jordan Senn, and I hope Buster Davis is the one whose cut. Looks like special teams just got better.

Silva and Bullitt the future for the Colts? Not as long as Bob Sanders has a chance of an NFL career. MAYBE Silva if he can develop some, he looked like a decent FS in preseason, but Bullitt would need to perform better than Bob while Bob is injured, or have Bob be unable to come back to be the future at SS.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 09:02 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Default Two pennies please

1. If you want to blame Bill Polian for the situation at defensive tackle, go ahead. And goodness knows I'm more than willing to place blame on Polian when it's deserved.

But it's not his fault Quinn Pitcock retired and Ed Johnson screwed up. The man had two tackles capable of playing against the run, and they left for whatever reason well after the Draft and free agency.

It's his fault the Colts didn't have a third tackle to do that, if you want to go there (and we don't know if Daniel Muir is that). Now it might be his job to find some available guys who can help the team if possible.

2. I don't know how feasible it is, but I would like to see the Colts re-sign both Marlin Jackson and Kelvin Hayden. Maybe cutting old dead weight in Marvin Harrison and Raheem Brock could free up enough cap space.

I'd rather re-sign both corners than either Gary Brackett, Freddy Keiaho, or Antoine Bethea. Those two young stud corners are worth it more imo.
Old 09-22-2008, 06:50 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Default Ratliff released to make room for Silva

Keiwan Ratliff was the one to go, in light of the Colts promoting safety Jamie Silva from the practice squad.

Interesting that the Colts would decide to go with only four corners on the roster, although there is young Brandon Foster on the PS.
Old 10-03-2008, 12:11 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Default Minor move

http://www.tribstar.com/colts/local_...275230953.html

Quote:
Roster moves — Indianapolis has added cornerback Brandon Sumrall to the practice squad.

A rookie who played collegiately at Southern Mississippi, Sumrall was originally signed as an undrafted free agent by Minnesota in April. He was released by the Vikings on Aug. 30 and has since spent time on the Tampa Bay Buccaneers’ practice squad.

To make room for Sumrall, the Colts released tight end Issac Smolko, who had been signed Sept. 11.
Sumrall NFL.com draft profile
Old 10-08-2008, 02:05 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Default Big roster moves

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl.../1058/SPORTS03

Quote:
Colts get help at cornerback, sign Graham
By Mike Chappell
October 8, 2008

The Indianapolis Colts reinforced their secondary Tuesday, likely because of an injury to starter Kelvin Hayden, but lost a kick returner.

The team signed cornerback Nick Graham and waived running back/kick returner Justin Forsett and offensive tackle Corey Hilliard.

Mark Slough, Graham's agent, said Graham was headed to St. Louis for a workout when the Colts signed him.

Graham appeared in 15 games with Philadelphia in 2007, almost exclusively on special teams, after being undrafted out of Tulsa.

Graham's addition comes after Hayden sustained a left knee injury in the second half of Sunday's game at Houston. He had a magnetic resonance imagining test on his knee Monday, but the team did not release the results.

Forsett averaged 22.5 yards on 11 kickoff returns and 9.0 yards on four punt returns in three games.

The moves leave the Colts with one spot on the 53-player roster.
Forsett didn't make any mistakes or errors, but wasn't much better than average as a return man either. I was worried he would get cut, and that was realized today. Shame, because he could bring a lot more to the table as a RB, but it seems we won't find that out with the Colts. :(

They still have an open roster spot, and they need a return man. Give the nod to someone on the roster, or perhaps give a free agent like Courtney Roby a call?
Old 10-08-2008, 08:35 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Default A familiar face

The additional move today, re: that open roster space, is that the Colts re-signed Keiwan Ratliff.

I forgot he was out there, so it's good the team brought him back to bolster the depth at cornerback. Sounds like Kelvin Hayden might miss a few weeks, unfortunately. (Nothing said from the Colts, but my guess is knee sprain. Blasted Texans' field.)

Supposedly Ratliff will handle punt returns and rookie Pierre Garcon with kickoff returns.
Old 10-14-2008, 06:23 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Default Here's hoping for a repeat of '06

Colts trade for DT John McCargo from Buffalo Bills, release LaJuan Ramsey.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:05 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

This is a great move if the pick is on Day 2.

I've also heard that Chad Simpson might be added to the 53-man roster in place of Mike Hart.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:16 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Default You'll be pleased then

The Colts traded their 4th round pick for McCargo.

Simpson seems the ideal candidate to step in. Don't know if it is related, but the Seahawks promoted Justin Forsett to their active roster, maybe they were worried the Colts would pick him up again. The Eagles released Tony Hunt today, but I'm not sure the Colts think he's quick enough to play in their offense.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:53 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I'm a big PSU fan and Hunt will always be among my favorites, but he's just too slow for NFL.

I like Chad Simpson, he ran the ball very well during the preseason, but he does need to work on his blocking and receiving. Two aspects that Colts value very much in their RBs.
Old 10-15-2008, 11:38 AM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Hart out for the season then? Bummer if so.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 06:11 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKfan View Post
Is Hart out for the season then? Bummer if so.
Yeah he's on IR

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 06:38 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

I'm going to be bummed if Hart doesn't recover to form in time for the '09 season. It's amazing how quick some guys turn around from torn knee ligament injuries thanks to modern medicine, compared to as little as a decade ago or even less, but you never know how the next player - a runningback to boot - will recover.

Hart's game wasn't as a burner anyways, at least, he is an exceptional all-purpose back with great vision and the iron will of a champion.
Old 10-24-2008, 11:10 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm going to be bummed if Hart doesn't recover to form in time for the '09 season. It's amazing how quick some guys turn around from torn knee ligament injuries thanks to modern medicine, compared to as little as a decade ago or even less, but you never know how the next player - a runningback to boot - will recover.

Hart's game wasn't as a burner anyways, at least, he is an exceptional all-purpose back with great vision and the iron will of a champion.
We could really use him as of now. Was Forsett a running back also because I bet we could use him, but he got cut. I don't know I just don't like the idea of Dom having all the carries.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 02:20 AM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAChainGang View Post
We could really use him as of now. Was Forsett a running back also because I bet we could use him, but he got cut. I don't know I just don't like the idea of Dom having all the carries.
Chad Simpson is fine as a 3rd RB. He's the backup right now, hopefully he'll be used as such against the Titans.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
Old 10-25-2008, 11:34 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Don't know where he is as an all-purpose back, but as a pure runner with speed, Simpson might have potential. Might be able to break a few runs outside.

He only saw two carries last week, and didn't get to do much.
Old 10-30-2008, 07:02 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Marlin Jackson placed on IR, Keiwan Ratliff re-signed.

Sucks for Marlin, I just hope he can recover fully and be good to go for next season. That's some damage he suffered.

Also good that Ratliff was available to re-sign, he's a good back-up. Plus he can be a return man if need be at a moment's notice.
Old 10-30-2008, 11:10 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Hopefully Hayden and Marlin are the starting CBs in 2009, but I can't say I definitely want that combination beyond that.

Quote: