Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Indianapolis Colts Team Forum

Indianapolis Colts Team Forum Discuss the Colts

Old 07-22-2009, 02:51 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey I was watching an old colts game and edge was just picking up 5 yard gains* over and over. Do you think addai can't match his play or do you think the O-line has just been weak?

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.

Last edited by RCAChainGang : 07-29-2009 at 01:40 PM.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 09:47 AM    (permalink
Seamus2602
Veteran

Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Colts have cut seven players.

http://ind.scout.com/2/882850.html

Chris Crane - QB
Cornelius Lewis - OG
Pat Kuntz - DT
Tyrell Sales - LB
Brandon Foster - CB
Brandon Harrison - CB
Brannon Condren - S

BigBlueShoe at Stampede Blue is of the opinion that they were cut to make room for the Drafted Rookies, maybe indicating that deals are on their way soon.

In Football the object is for the Field General to be on target with his aerial assault, riddling the Defence by hitting his Receivers with deadly accuracy, in spite of the Blitz, even if he has to use the Shotgun. With short bullet passes and long bombs he marches his troops into enemy territory, balancing this aerial assault with a sustained ground attack which punches holes in the forward wall of the enemy’s Defensive Line.

In Baseball the object is to go home and be safe.

Last edited by Seamus2602 : 07-29-2009 at 09:51 AM.
Seamus2602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 11:26 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAChainGang View Post
Hey I was watching an old colts game and edge was just picking up 5 yard games over and over. Do you think addai can't match his play or do you think the O-line has just been weak?
Edge is likely a HOF back and the best Colts back in franchise history. Hard for anyone to match completely, even with late 1st round picks. San Diego will feel this same thing soon enough in trying to replace Tomlinson, that's why they were so interested in Knowshon Moreno and Donald Brown.

Addai looks like a fish out of water when he's in open space, but he is very shifty. The Colts ran very little stretch plays last season. Addai is excellent in the receiving game, especially as a pass blocker. I often see Addai open on short/underneath routes, but for whatever reason, Peyton doesn't hit him. I don't think it would be as big an issue if he only rushed for say 800 or 900 yards if he gains 600 yards through the air at an 8-yards-plus average. Seems more effective to me, but what do I know.

I do think Brown will be the better runningback. Players (and people) tend to be what they were after college as they were in college, and in the case of Brown, he was a tough and shifty runner who was a beast his senior year. Intelligent, has a perfect attitude, and takes wonderful care of his body. He's going to play with Addai for the next two years, but after that, can take over as the starting (workhorse imo) back.

The struggles of the OL run-blocking, probably since halftime of the 07 Patriots game with some good spots here and there, might be more due to the interior trio than the tackles.

I think Jeff Saturday's peak as a player was 2005 & 2006, but I am not disappointed that he was re-signed because, even if he is sliding, he can still play for sure. He wasn't getting dominated in the run game last year, I don't think. More importantly he's the QB of the OL and allows Peyton and the offense as a whole to operate much more smoothly and quickly. The Colts aren't going to beat many teams with power, speed & smarts are their forte.

Pollak is only going to improve, get stronger. I'll keep saying it, he's going to be a stud imo.

Lilja looks like he'll play again, and if so, that's great news. When they are truly on, Ugoh-Lilja-Saturday can be sick together. See the first 6 games or so of 2007.
Old 07-29-2009, 12:27 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do you think Sam Giguere has a shot to make the roster and catch some balls this season?

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
Old 07-29-2009, 12:45 PM    (permalink
Seamus2602
Veteran

Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Do you think Sam Giguere has a shot to make the roster and catch some balls this season?
I think he's back on the Practice Squad this year. He'd be the first call up if one of the other Receivers was to get injured. I can't see the team carrying more that 5 WRs on the 53 and, unless Roy Hall has a stinker, Giguere is the 6th man.

In Football the object is for the Field General to be on target with his aerial assault, riddling the Defence by hitting his Receivers with deadly accuracy, in spite of the Blitz, even if he has to use the Shotgun. With short bullet passes and long bombs he marches his troops into enemy territory, balancing this aerial assault with a sustained ground attack which punches holes in the forward wall of the enemy’s Defensive Line.

Old 07-29-2009, 01:00 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Edge was best RB in Colts' history?

Hmmm, I don't know, Dickerson played for us.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 01:23 PM    (permalink
Seamus2602
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
Edge was best RB in Colts' history?

Hmmm, I don't know, Dickerson played for us.
While Eric Dickerson played for us, the Edge was the best whilst at the Colts. Dickerson's best football was outside of Indy, while the Edge's best football was in Indy. Hell, Marshall Faulk was a better RB throughout his career than Edgerin James, but James was still better in Indy.

Old 07-29-2009, 06:00 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If I have to be bold and make a pick ...

I'll say Roy Hall is the 5th WR on the roster and that Giguere spends one more year on the PS like Seamus said. I admit I still have high hopes for Roy Hall. Maybe not as a great receiver, but a great special teamer (the Colts' Steve Tasker?).

What do you think, RCACG?

Hall is a big and fast kid, but so is Giguere. Although Giguere broke a bone in his leg in late May, but he's supposed to be ready by training camp. We haven't heard anything about a setback and he wasn't in the first cuts, so that looks good.

Obviously competition helps make the best roster, positions should go to those who earn it. Jim Caldwell is an intelligent man who is building his own pro head coaching legacy, he and the rest of the great coaches want to have the best team possible. I have a lot of trust in them.

I'm interested to see the two UDFA receivers: John Matthews (San Diego) and Brett McDermott (Holy Cross). Honestly I would rule those guys out.

Btw, here's a cool article on McDermott.
Old 08-08-2009, 10:32 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If it's between Hall and Giguere, I'd rather the team keep Giguere. I'm sure I'm not the only one tired of Roy Hall's annual IR trip.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 10:43 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hey I was watching an old colts game and edge was just picking up 5 yard gains* over and over. Do you think addai can't match his play or do you think the O-line has just been weak?
A little of both. Edge is a HOF talent IMO, it's hard to match that quality. That said, looking at this article, it becomes clear that the run blocking, not Addai, was what was wrong with Addai last season. On 36% of handoffs Addai took last season (that's more than 1 of every 3 for those keeping score at home), he was given subpar run blocking. If you look at the plays where he had good run blocking, he averaged 4.5 yards per carry last season, just a hair above his career average prior to 2008. So basically, Addai is not as good as Edge, mainly because it's near impossible to be that good, but he's much better than most give him credit for, and if he's given any kind of decent run blocking next season, he'll return to Pro Bowl form, and the Colts backfield will be a force to be reckoned with.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 06:46 AM    (permalink
Seamus2602
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
If it's between Hall and Giguere, I'd rather the team keep Giguere. I'm sure I'm not the only one tired of Roy Hall's annual IR trip.
There are a number of things in Hall's favour though. Firstly, Giguere is currently injured and has missed all of Training Camp so far. Giguere is also still Practice Squad eligible, something Roy Hall isn't. Roy Hall is also, when fit, the team's best Gunner. Neither will see the field significantly as a Wide Receiver, unless injuries. The Colts rarely play a 4 WR set, never mind the 5 WR set, so for Hall/Giguere to play significanlty there would need to be two injuries. With that in mind the winner of that battle needs to be able to contribute on Special Teams, something Roy Hall is very good at. If Roy Hall goes IR, which he probably will, then they sign Giguere of the Practice Squad.

Old 08-09-2009, 11:05 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

I really don't know what to think about it all. I just read an article on Giguere and I was just kind of rooting for him. He's a guy I would like to see in preseason definitely!

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Old 08-10-2009, 10:44 AM    (permalink
chad72
Rookie

chad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Here is some news, Charlie Johnson replaces Ugoh as starting offensive left tackle, here is the link for the source.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports/date
chad72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 10:46 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Wtf I need to see confirmation of that. That can't be right, no way.
Old 08-10-2009, 10:50 AM    (permalink
Seamus2602
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Oehser

http://indyfootballreport.com/index.php/archives/2980

Indianapolis Colts OL Charlie Johnson is now the starting left tackle, Colts Head Coach Jim Cadlwell said late Monday morning.

Johnson, after missing the first week of training camp with a pectoral injury, returned to practice Monday morning. He worked at starting left tackle during the session.

Tony Ugoh, a starter at left tackle much of 2007 and 2008 and a 2007 second-round draft selection, will work at right and left tackle, Caldwell said.
That means either Ugoh has been benched, or Ryan Diem has been benched. Personally, if it was either of the two, I would bench Diem. He was awful last year, and I always thought Ugoh was a better fit at Right Tackle, than Left.

Last edited by Seamus2602 : 08-10-2009 at 10:52 AM.
Old 08-10-2009, 10:58 AM    (permalink
Seamus2602
Veteran

Confirmed by the Indy Star:

http://www.indystar.com/article/2009...tar ting+line

Old 08-10-2009, 11:01 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

I stand corrected then. I don't get it though, especially as everything we were hearing was Ugoh having a really good camp so far?
Old 08-10-2009, 11:42 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This BETTER be for disciplinary reasons only, and temporary.
Old 08-11-2009, 09:07 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

Oh my goodness. I think I'm gonna be sick. :/

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Old 08-17-2009, 06:49 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Default PS eligible players

Here are who I deduce to be the PS eligible players, excluding anyone drafted before the 5th round of the Draft this year:

QB Curtis Painter
QB Chris Crane
RB Mike Hart
RB Lance Ball
RB Walter Mendenhall
WR Taj Smith
WR Samuel Giguere
WR Brett McDermott
WR John Matthews
TE Tom Santi
OL Jaimie Thomas
OL Kyle DeVan
DE Curtis Johnson
DE Rudolph Hardie
DT Adrian Grady
DT John Gill
LB Mike Tauiliili
LB Ramon Humber
CB Jacob Lacey
DB Travis Key
P Pat McAfee

Obviously, anyone not on the above list is either a rookie drafted in the first four rounds of the 09 Draft, or is not PS eligible as far as I am aware.

Last edited by Geo : 08-17-2009 at 09:46 PM.
Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 12:21 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

New 53-man roster, I planned on waiting until after the second preseason game to give it a go.

Offense (23)

QB/3- Peyton Manning, Jim Sorgi, Curtis Painter

RB/4 - Joseph Addai, Donald Brown, Mike Hart, Lance Ball

WR/4 - Reggie Wayne, Anthony Gonzalez, Austin Collie, Pierre Garcon

TE/4 - Dallas Clark, Jacob Tamme, Gijon Robinson, Tom Santi

OL/8 - Charlie Johnson, Ryan Lilja, Jeff Saturday, Mike Pollak, Ryan Diem, Tony Ugoh, Jamey Richard, Dan Federkeil

Defense (27)

DE/5 - Dwight Freeney, Robert Mathis, Raheem Brock, Marcus Howard, Curtis Johnson

DT/5 - Ed Johnson, Daniel Muir, Fili Moala, Terrance Taylor, Eric Foster

LB/6 - Clint Session, Philip Wheeler, Gary Brackett, Adam Seward, Ramon Humber, Jordan Senn

CB/6 - Kelvin Hayden, Marlin Jackson, Tim Jennings, Jerraud Powers, Dante Hughes, TJ Rushing

S/5 - Bob Sanders, Antoine Bethea, Melvin Bullitt, Jamie Silva, Matt Giordano

Special Teams (3)

Adam Vinatieri, Pat McAfee, Justin Snow

Practice Squad (8)

CB Jacob Lacey and DT Adrian Grady for sure.
OL Jaimie Thomas if he doesn't make the roster.
Need at least one linebacker, so LB Michael Tauiliili.
Can we keep all four WRs? Taj Smith, Samuel Giguere, Brett McDermott, and John Matthews.

Notes:

1. I only put Lance Ball in because Hart hurt his ankle last night and we don't know the extent of it (other than Hart can't seem to stay healthy). But I don't think Ball is anything special at all, he'd be okay on the practice squad.

2. No Mookie because he's too slow and gets no push off the line, just like last year except then the Colts had no other options at NT. Daniel Muir has improved plus he is quick and strong. It would be nice to have Mookie against Jacksonville with Ed Johnson suspended, but that's a luxury.
Old 08-21-2009, 02:09 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Yeah, I like that roster, Geo.

The only gripes I have is that I would like another WR (Giguere) and another OT (Toudouze). But I have no idea who to replace.
Old 08-21-2009, 03:14 PM    (permalink
Seamus2602
Veteran

Offense

QB - Peyton Manning, Jim Sorgi, Curtis Painter
RB - Joseph Addai, Donald Brown, Mike Hart, Lance Ball
WR - Reggie Wayne, Anthony Gonzalez, Pierre Garçon, Austin Collie
TE - Dallas Clark, Gijon Robinson, Jacob Tamme, Tom Santi
OT - Ryan Diem, Charlie Johnson, Tony Ugoh
OG - Ryan Lilja, Mike Pollak, Jamey Richard
OC - Jeff Saturday, Steve Justice

Defense

DE - Dwight Freeney, Robert Mathis, Raheem Brock, Keyunta Dawson, Marcus Howard, Curtis Johnson
DT - Ed Johnson, Antonio Johnson, Fili Moala, Eric Foster, Terrance Taylor
LB - Gary Brackett, Clint Session, Philip Wheeler, Freddie Keiaho, Jordan Senn, Tyjuan Hagler
CB - Kelvin Hayden, Marlin Jackson, Tim Jennings, Jerraud Powers, T. J. Rushing
S - Bob Sanders, Antoine Bethea, Melvin Bullitt, Matt Giordano, Jamie Silva

Special Teams

K - Adam Vinatieri
P - Pat McAfee
LS - Justin Snow

Practice Squad

Samuel Gigučre - WR
Brett McDermott - WR
Colin Cloherty - TE
Jaimie Thomas - OG
Rudolph Hardie - DE
Adrian Grady - DT
Mike Tauiliili - LB
Jacob Lacey - CB

I think there are two Roster spots for either Painter, Ball and Gigučre, with the loser of the three being named to the Practice Squad. Lance Ball is currently ahead of Gigučre, who is still coming back to full fitness, while Painter has been impressive, in my opinion. Lance Ball was given a lot of chances last night but didn't really impress me. He needs to do more but with injuries to Chad Simpson and Mike Hart both being hurt he will be given more chances to prove himself.

The Tight End situation became more complex last night. Jacob Tamme was very impressive last night, while Gijon Robinson and Santi have both been injured recently. While Tamme was impressive I do question his blocking abilities and so he won't necessarialy fit in as a H-Back.

I believe that of the 8 Offensive Linemen, 7 of them (Diem, Johnson, Ugoh, Lilja, Pollak, Richard & Saturday) are certs for their Roster spots. There is probably only 1 left over, with three players potentially able to win it. Dan Federkeil is good Offensive Linemen but I feel he has achieved his potential. I don't think that he has much upside, something that both Steve Justice and Jaimie Thomas. Thomas needs to drop weight and is very well placed to do so in the Practice Squad. That means it is a straight up contest between Dan Federkeil and Steve Justice. I feel here in 2009 Federkeil is the better player than Justice, but I also believe that Justice is the more naturally talented of the two and has better upside.

At Defensive End there is a straight battle between Keyunta Dawson and Curtis Johnson. Keyunta Dawson, in my opinion, gets a lot of bad press because of how he played last year. He was our premier Defensive Tackle, despite being only 1 year veteran and a 260 DE. Dawson won't play tackle this year and so I feel we shouldn't be guaging him on his performances last year. Especially with Raheem Brock being a doubt for Week 1, and the other Defensive Ends on the Roster being pure Pass Rushers, I feel we should keep Dawson in there to shore up the D-Line against the Run on 1st and 2nd down.

Defensive Tackle will give Jim Caldwell a selection headache. I think both the Rookies are pretty safe, while Ed Johnson has impressed me enough this offseason to not only make the Roster but be the starter at either the 3 Tech or the Nose. Eric Foster is the most versatile of our Defenisve Tackles, as he can play Tackle, End, Special Teams and has contributed in the Dan Klecko fullback role on the Offense. We need to see what he's like in a game situation, get a real 3rd and short in the Preseason to really evaluate him but I will go out on a limb and give him a roster spot. The last spot is that 2 Down NT and it is a toss up between Antonio Johnson and Daniel Muir. With Terrance Taylor on the Roster we can't bring in both. While Muir has impressed me this offseason and has considerably closed the gap between him and Johnson I still fell that we would be better with Johnson.

Linebacker is an interesting one. The team seem to be moving forward with the Starters, with Wheeler especially impressing me so far. The backups cause problems. Even though I opted to do it I have concerns about brining in 7 LBs. It seems a bit of overkill. The two backups I feel should make the roster above the others are Keiaho, who is the most versatile and can backup all three of the LB ositions, and Senn, a quality Special Teams contributor. Seward has impressed me enough to warrant a spot as well and so if there are only going to be 6 Linebackers then I feel that Hagler is the one who should be cut.

Obviously Seward didn't impress either Caldwell or Coyer and has since been cut. I have amended my 53, and replaced Seward with Curtis Johnson.

Cornerback is a solid position, though I do have concerns over the injuries they seem to be sustaining. Tampa 2 Cornerbacks are expected to be over physical in comparison to other systems and I do worry about the durability. That being said we may have uncovered a special wee player in Powers. The starters are good, Jennings isn't as bad as even I have called him to be, Powers could be a good one, and I have brought in T.J. purely as a Return man. Chad Simpson got hurt and has been poor as the Return man, Garcon is focusing more on the Offense and no one else has really stood up and said pick me. So Rushing almsot wins the Return job by default.

Safety is a real position of strength, but like Corner I do have concerns over the durability issues. I believe that Giordano is a very good Special Teams player (and possibly going to be this years Special Teams Captain) I do have concerns over his actual ability to play Safety. Bullitt is good enough to start for some teams in this league and Silva is a quality special teams player.

The only worry on the Specialist front is Vinatieri but I don't feel it will be a major issue.

Last edited by Seamus2602 : 08-22-2009 at 01:48 PM.
Old 08-22-2009, 09:51 PM    (permalink
chad72
Rookie

chad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus2602 View Post
[Eric Foster is the most versatile of our Defenisve Tackles, as he can play Tackle, End, Special Teams and has contributed in the Dan Klecko fullback role on the Offense.
Did you see Eric Foster play Dawson's role in the Eagles game later in the game and do real well? Dawson struggles with containment at the end position. Eric Foster played DE at Rutgers, so he is our future version of Raheem Brock, I feel. I think he could be our Freeney breather at Right End while Brock, Mathis, and Howard man the Left End. CuJo has more upside than Dawson, plus can contribute at ST, so he stays over Dawson.

I do not like Marcus Howard in the 3-point stance for some reason. I feel that he is so much a Mathis clone without the Mathis spin moves. So what that does is if an O-lineman gets a jam on him off the 3-point stance, and he does not have the moves to spin away like Mathis does, he does not have the upper body strength to bull rush. He has 4.4 speed, they should use him in obvious passing downs with a head start as a stand up blitzer, IMO, to overcome his lack of Mathis like moves and reducing the chances for easier jams by NFL O-linemen due to his momentum. No offense to his capabilities but I know most NFL starting O-linemen would jam the heck out of him if he starts off a 3-point stance and would probably have about 50 lbs on him most of the time.
chad72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 09:52 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

I can't say 100 percent, but I'm pretty sure Foster played DT at Rutgers, chad.