Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 05-14-2008, 12:06 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Perry is healthy that probably means Dorsey will be released and whenever Irons returns they would either let him go too or carry 4 RB's which seems unlikely.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 08:34 AM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

BengalMedic hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I would hate to see Dorsey leave, but what are you going to do ?? As much heat as I'm sure I will take, I've never been a big fan of Watson. He's been great in the backup role, but he's just never stood out to me. That being the case, I would rather give the shot to Dorsey. Feel free to bash away...
BengalMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 12:32 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont like Watson as a feature back either. I don't like Dorsey as feature back as well. Watson is a good solid back up. He proved that last year. Dorsey just doesnt have it. He should be the one that gets cut if anyone gets cut.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 04:48 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like both of them but you've got to be realistic. DeDe is a one trick pony who would be a nice luxury if we didn't have all these investments at RB. Kenny Watson is a solid player who could start in an emergency. Perry/Irons are high picks that we have a lot of confidence in when they are healthy. The three RB's they would ideally like to have are Rudi, Perry, and Irons.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 05-15-2008, 07:24 AM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

Agree with the three being Rudi, Perry, and Irons when and if they are all healthy. What the hell is going on with Jeremi Johnson anyway ?? I thought I read something about the coaching staff not be particularly pleased with him at this point in time...
Old 05-15-2008, 04:47 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

I think that stemmed from a sudden influx in weight but it was probably overplayed in the media. I don't think they really care what he does as long as hes not getting in trouble or his play falters. He's an All-Pro caliber FB.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 05-16-2008, 07:33 AM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

Was he hurt last year ?? I cant' recall hearing anything about him. I agree with his pro bowl potential, and can remember him having the ability to catch out of the backfield. I would just like to hear his name a little more (in a good way) for a guy we made the higest paid fullback in the league when he got his new contract...
Old 05-16-2008, 03:27 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalMedic View Post
Was he hurt last year ?? I cant' recall hearing anything about him. I agree with his pro bowl potential, and can remember him having the ability to catch out of the backfield. I would just like to hear his name a little more (in a good way) for a guy we made the higest paid fullback in the league when he got his new contract...
Jeremi is pretty versatile, he can run a little, catch a little and he's obviously a very good blocker. However, when do you expect them give him the ball or "hear his name" as you put it. Over the past 3-4 years we've actually had a running game and a 2-3 solid WR options. When its all said and done there isn't much time to give him the ball when he's simply not able to do as much with it as Rudi / Chad / TJ.

However, with losing chris henry, possibly chad and our current RB's being banged up - maybe we could give Jeremi the ball a little more.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 04:19 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

He's already shown he's one of the top 5 FB's (I think only Lorenzo Neal surpasses him, but that gap has been narrowed significantly) in the league and he is a huge part of our run game. His conditioning issues have been brought up more than once but he always comes ready to play when it matters.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 05-27-2008, 09:32 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Havnt heard much on Alexander lately...did he sign with a team?
Old 05-27-2008, 09:47 PM    (permalink
FLORIDA PACKER
Rookie

FLORIDA PACKER hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think he's still out there, kind of strange seeing Musa Smith employed before The Former MVP even though he's declined severely. I do hope he catches on somewhere, he's got something left in the tank, not sure how much exactly but enough to warrant a signing at least.
FLORIDA PACKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 12:39 AM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

My guess is he wants alot of money and teams are can't afford...or at least don't want to afford him.
Old 05-28-2008, 01:10 AM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripedWalrus View Post
My guess is he wants alot of money and teams are can't afford...or at least don't want to afford him.
Yeahhhhh, if Shaun Alexander was willing to accept less money, my guess is he'd have been signed months ago.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 01:44 AM    (permalink
DragonFireKai
Veteran

DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
Yeahhhhh, if Shaun Alexander was willing to accept less money, my guess is he'd have been signed months ago.
In the grand scheme of things, it's better for him to not be signed right now.

Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens!
The Destroyer Is Manifest!
I reserve the rights to retract any posts made betwen midnight and 5 AM PST due to being really, really drunk
DragonFireKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 07:37 AM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

Well, there are some interesting points in regards to Jeremi Johnson in the newest article on the official site...

http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=6812
Old 05-29-2008, 08:45 AM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought that article was more interesting in regards to Utecht :)
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 10:04 AM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

Don't get me wrong, I love hearing the possibilities that exist for our TE corps that we have never utilized. The fact that a former TE could be thought of as "beating out" our once highest paid FB in the league says something to the disgruntlement of Jeremi Johnson from the coaches...
Old 05-29-2008, 01:09 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

Ya that was pretty surprising. Jeremi needs to get it together, we're gonna need him.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 05-29-2008, 02:32 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

He isnt doing something right if an Undrafted Free Agent TE can take over your spot...
Old 05-29-2008, 03:20 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

Daniel Coats is a special player first of all and second, Is Jeremi even there?

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 05-29-2008, 04:10 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
Daniel Coats is a special player first of all and second, Is Jeremi even there?
I think he isn't. If I was him...and the coaches were down on me. I would show up to voluntary camp and work my butt off to impress them.
Old 05-29-2008, 11:23 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

This could simply be a way to let him know he needs to come ready to work in June and during camp.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 05-30-2008, 07:30 AM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

The thing about Coats is, he has that stupid strength... The kid can bench press 225 something like 40 plus times. Can't see the down side to having someone that strong getting looks outside of the TE position.
Old 05-30-2008, 02:03 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

We could just be looking for a person that will block better. We will be running alot of TE options this year where the TE will be catching and running routes, rather than blocking. We are probably looking into a FB that can block like a TE.
Old 05-30-2008, 02:24 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

Maybe he's just being groomed to replace Reggie Kelly? He does a lot of the same type of thing we are asking Coates to do.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165