Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC East Division Forum

NFC East Division Forum Discuss the NFC East

Old 05-15-2008, 12:15 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
RB is one of the positions that experience is less of a factor, but it still is, just like you said. My argument against the Boys and Giants RBs has to do with a collective lack of experience. All three of the Giants main RBs (I'm counting Droughns out of it) lack a true amount of experience. Jacobs has a few seasons under his belt, but none of those season he started. Both Bradshaw and Ward have less than three years of experience, in which neither were the main guy. I like Jacobs, and I like Bradshaw, but experience always helps in any situation. In the Cowboys instance, Barber has been around for a while, but has not carried the load on a consistent basis. Can he carry the load? I THINK he could, but I just don't know, and no one does right now. The same can be said about either of the Giants RBs. Felix Jones is a nice pcikup for the Cowboys, but is new to the system. I THINK him and Barber will make a good thunder/lightning combo, but, once again, we don't know. We know what we are going to get out of Westbrook and Portis as long as they stay healthy, and to an extent, we know what we are going to get out of Ladell Betts, that is why I am higher on those RBs than some others perhaps may be.

We lack experience in terms of years, this is true, but something has to be said about these guys maintaining their cool and playing well in the playoffs when needed, and in the superbowl. You saw how Bradshaw played in the superbowl, same with Jacobs, as well. Ward perhaps because he didn't get to play as much because of his season ending injury. But Jacobs and Bradshaw, in my opinion, have the experience of the regular season, AND when games are critical in the playoffs, and even the superbowl. I'll take that atmosphere and intensity any day over regular season games.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 12:17 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
We lack experience in terms of years, this is true, but something has to be said about these guys maintaining their cool and playing well in the playoffs when needed, and in the superbowl. You saw how Bradshaw played in the superbowl, same with Jacobs, as well. Ward perhaps because he didn't get to play as much because of his season ending injury. But Jacobs and Bradshaw, in my opinion, have the experience of the regular season, AND when games are critical in the playoffs, and even the superbowl. I'll take that atmosphere and intensity any day over regular season games.
If they stay healthy, which is my only concern, I fully expcet the trio to collectively lead the NFC East in rushing again. And staying healthy goes for the line too, beacuse that is really where the rushing game is won.
Old 05-15-2008, 12:32 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
A lot can be said about playoff experience, and especially Superbowl experience, and there is nothing I can say that would take the fact that they do have that experience, which is vital. But with how the NFC East has been the last few years, every team has RBs who have that experience, its just a matter of how they perform during those experiences.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 12:34 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
If they stay healthy, which is my only concern, I fully expcet the trio to collectively lead the NFC East in rushing again. And staying healthy goes for the line too, beacuse that is really where the rushing game is won.
Health always is a concern, especially with RBs, but when you have a linemen go down, it can also change a season. I agree that the having a great O-line is more important than having a great RB.

Old 05-15-2008, 12:41 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
A lot can be said about playoff experience, and especially Superbowl experience, and there is nothing I can say that would take the fact that they do have that experience, which is vital. But with how the NFC East has been the last few years, every team has RBs who have that experience, its just a matter of how they perform during those experiences.
Ironically in the playoffs good running teams normally have to resort to throwing the ball. It's almost like all playoff teams decide that they will stop the run, and QBs are asked to win the game. This happened with Jacobs, but Bradshaw came in and consistently put up good yards per carry avgs while Jacobs slumped, which can be due to Shockey being out, and thus decreasing his yards per carry because Shockey couldn't seal the edge when we run our bread and butter play.

I am sure all RBs have playoff experience, but these were rookies who came in and were asked to play a huge factor. Do you realize with them we don't win the superbowl, and god knows what round we exit. So this goes even beyond our RBs. It's Boss, Aaron Ross, Bradshaw, Zak DeOssie, Steve Smith and others from that class who I might have missed. All of them are that much better and ahead of the curve because they all produced when the game got more intense, all the way to the highest level of intensity which is the superbowl. So experience now means very little. Look at Romo in the playoffs.. Great QB, but clearly playoffs is a different story. Now these players for us know how to handle playoff games, and preparation as you advance week by week.
Old 05-15-2008, 12:58 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

The same things being said about Romo now were being said about Peyton 5 years ago. I'm not saying Romo is anywhere near Manning, but I'm sure Romo will get his chance(s) to prove himself in the big games.

Old 05-15-2008, 01:03 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
The same things being said about Romo now were being said about Peyton 5 years ago. I'm not saying Romo is anywhere near Manning, but I'm sure Romo will get his chance(s) to prove himself in the big games.
O yeah I am not saying he won't be, I personally value postseason experience when it's successful over regular season. And when he is successful it will only help him mature and he can carry that experience with him then throughout his career.
Old 05-15-2008, 02:42 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Even losing in the postseason is more valuable experience to me than any regular season game. I think that if a team makes it all the way to the Superbowl, that team adds almost another whole regular season worth of experience.

Old 05-15-2008, 07:59 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
In the Cowboys instance, Barber has been around for a while, but has not carried the load on a consistent basis. Can he carry the load? I THINK he could, but I just don't know, and no one does right now. The same can be said about either of the Giants RBs. Felix Jones is a nice pcikup for the Cowboys, but is new to the system. I THINK him and Barber will make a good thunder/lightning combo, but, once again, we don't know. We know what we are going to get out of Westbrook and Portis as long as they stay healthy, and to an extent, we know what we are going to get out of Ladell Betts, that is why I am higher on those RBs than some others perhaps may be.

I don't understand what Barber carrying the load has to do with anything, being that he won't be asked to this year...Granted, I agree with you about the unknown and its just a guess at this point how guys will play, but I wouldn't knock guys like the Giants RB for lack of experience, Jacobs was in there all year, and the rest of those guys got crucial carries all the way through the playoffs into the supebowl, how would any of those guys come back inexperienced? RB is completely different then any other position when it comes to experience and learning curve we all know that...But you have to grade these groups as a whole, Westbrook is obviously the most talented but the Giants have to be graded with all their backs a a whole, and all of them staying fresh its hard to knock that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 06:25 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

The Barber situation was if Jones and Choice would either get hurt or not play up to expectation, but the Giants situation is different, you are right. I didn't mena they would come back inexperienced, but even with what they have under their belt, they still don't have Westy or Portis' experience, though I have also agreed that experience is less important for a RB.

Old 05-17-2008, 06:28 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i do value potential more than experience, but its not just that i evaluated on. Dallas's line is good enough to keep arguably the best DL in the league (the giants) at bay, Washington's O-Line was spotty and inconsistant, Eagles O-Line isnt great but they do a more than decent job, and the giants O-Line may not be the most talented or most anything except how well they mesh together.

So Washington having the worst O-Line in my opinion lowered their rating under the giants who may not be nearly as good as Portis, but have a much better OL and could've done much better if Bradshaw got more carries and shockey wasnt injured.

Cowboys duo or possibly trio is very young, but teams will be using alot of nickel packages and opening up the run, and that OL is pretty good, so if expectations are even close, they should be on the top.

Philly has great potential. Westbrook by himself creates enough productivity to match any teams backs' yardage. But they really dont have that WR that scares you, so nickel packages are less likely. I was tempted to put them first though.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 06:53 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
So Washington having the worst O-Line in my opinion lowered their rating under the giants who may not be nearly as good as Portis, but have a much better OL and could've done much better if Bradshaw got more carries and shockey wasnt injured.
Last year, maybe...

But that was because 4/5 starters were injured at one point. Our whole right side of the line was backups and a UDFA.

Thomas and Jansen were out for the season.

This is the same line that let a nobody like Ladell Betts go for 5 straight 100 yard games in 06. When healthy, we're probably on par or slightly under the Eagles.

This year we have Stephon Heyer who was raw last year, but shut down guys like Jason Taylor and Strahan when put out on an island against them. He was solid all year till Kerney in the playoffs lol. We also got Chad Reinhart who should be a work in progress, but can play anywhere on the interior. Bugel is one of the best offensive line coaches in the ever. Without him last year, we would have won like 4 games.
Old 05-19-2008, 07:17 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i do value potential more than experience, but its not just that i evaluated on. Dallas's line is good enough to keep arguably the best DL in the league (the giants) at bay, Washington's O-Line was spotty and inconsistant, Eagles O-Line isnt great but they do a more than decent job, and the giants O-Line may not be the most talented or most anything except how well they mesh together.

Cowboys duo or possibly trio is very young, but teams will be using alot of nickel packages and opening up the run, and that OL is pretty good, so if expectations are even close, they should be on the top.

Philly has great potential. Westbrook by himself creates enough productivity to match any teams backs' yardage. But they really dont have that WR that scares you, so nickel packages are less likely. I was tempted to put them first though.
This is the RB rankings. I know that the O-line has the biggest factor in how the running game is in terms of success. The defenses they see is also important too. But what I am doing is making all of those factors a constant, and saying in terms of talent and skill, and many other factors, which is collectively the best group of RBs. If Each set of RBs had the same line, QB, receivers, FB, defensive schmes against them, etc, that is how impressive each tandem would look in terms of rankings.

Old 05-19-2008, 04:05 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

oh ok then

1. Eagles
2. Cowboys/Redskins
3. Giants

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote