Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-04-2008, 04:57 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.

A guy i've always liked and who could wind up in a good situation in san fran is Bryant Johnson. I think he's got all the ability to be a true #2 WR, but was just stuck behind fitzy and boldin in zona. The signing of bruce could make his role a bit smaller, but if Battle struggles or his ankle acts up i think johnson could flourish as the slot guy in martz system.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
BroadwayJoe10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 06:16 PM    (permalink
Yung Flippa
Veteran

Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Fabian Washington will be a stud in Baltimore.

Baltimore: 7-4
Yung Flippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 06:36 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

for the hell of it I'll say Drew Stanton.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 06:48 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfan0099 View Post
Bryan Thomas for the Jets, he did good in 2006, but bad last season. With new competition on the team he may have a big year because of him not wanting to lose his spot at Starting OLB. Since we added Vernon Gholston and Calvin Pace.

Also Justin Miller, hes in a contract year, never lived up to all of the talent and potential he has, but maybe he can have a good year this time and be the #2 CB for the Jets.
Yeah I agree. Right now he's our 5th LB, but he'll still gets loads of playing time. He could have a big year with teams always keying up on Gholston and Pace. I heard that last year before he got hurt he was about to be the #2 cb. Mangini was real high on him and this year it'll be interesting to see where he falls on the depth chart behind Revis.

Another guy who may have a breakout season is Sione Puoha. Kris Jenkins is the starter, but Puoha will have a decent amount of time spelling him so he could have a breakout season.
Old 05-04-2008, 07:37 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Offense: Brandon Jackson, got really good towards the end of the season. Could surprise

Defense: Will Blackmon, needs to stay healthy, is going to play the nickel back role and both KR, PR. Could make a large impact for us.
Old 05-04-2008, 07:47 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
Offense: Brandon Jackson, got really good towards the end of the season. Could surprise

Defense: Will Blackmon, needs to stay healthy, is going to play the nickel back role and both KR, PR. Could make a large impact for us.
Blackmon's not going to be the nickelback. Patrick Lee should tacke a hold of that and Williams will probably be ahead of him too.
Old 05-04-2008, 08:16 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think defensively for the 9ers Goldson is probably going to start at FS and could have a breakout year Jay Moore OLB is also sounding like he could have a huge year
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 08:16 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
for the hell of it I'll say Drew Stanton.

QFE I loved him coming out and would've rather taken him to develop than Jarrett.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 08:19 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i cant take this thread seriously sleeping studs....

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 08:31 PM    (permalink
Zbikowski_9
Rookie

Zbikowski_9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
i cant take this thread seriously sleeping studs....
?

What are you talking about?
Zbikowski_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 08:33 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

think about it lol sorry for being random just ignore me

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 08:48 PM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
Zach Miller. I see him and Russell building on the great chemistry they showed near the end of the season and he will certainly be one of his better passing targets especially in the much needed short passing game.
best call yet for this thread.

Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 11:01 PM    (permalink
Zbikowski_9
Rookie

Any one have any more? Particulary from the Colts - they seem to produce some pretty good players out of no where.
Old 05-22-2008, 11:24 PM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Allen Barbre-Packers

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 11:24 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Re: Colts:

I can't think of anyone on defense, because all the starters are coming back from last year. Including first-time starters last season Ed Johnson (Big Cat) and Tyuan Hagler at SLB, maybe they would qualify perhaps although Big Cat was the only Colts defensive lineman to play all 17 games last season. Hopefully WLB Freddy Keiaho plays a full year, he had a handful of injuries last year and missed a few games. I guess you could say CB Marlin Jackson could get additional recognition if he has a good year, his second as a starting corner, although I thought he played at a Pro Bowl level last year.

Offensively, left tackle Tony Ugoh is in a similar case as he didn't get to play a full season last year, thanks to a neck injury I think it was, although he's only going into his second year. There will be a new starter at RG, but it could be rookie Mike Pollak so that doesn't really count even if he is a big improvement over Jake Scott. Same at tight end, rookies are going to step in for departed Ben Utecht.

I guess the one guy I would say to keep an eye on, if I had to pick one player from the Colts roster who could turn from absolute sleeper to potential stud, is wide receiver Roy Hall. I really think this guy could become something, and he's got all the talent as a 6-2/230 receiver with speed. He's learning the offense, the big thing is if he's going to get the opportunity with Marvin Harrison healing up for a new season. He didn't get to play last year because a big special teams collision he delivered landed him on IR (and ended the other guy's career unfortunately), otherwise he might have gotten his chance with all of the injuries last season (I was really bummed about that). But he said the injury gave him a better chance to learn the offense as a rookie, and has drawn positive praise about his performance in the offseason so far, so we'll see.

Last edited by Geo : 05-22-2008 at 11:26 PM.
Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 11:29 PM    (permalink
zoinks
Rookie

zoinks hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

For the Titans:

Most people have heard of Titans' LT Michael Roos by now, but RT David Stewart should receive more recognition this year....a young Jon Runyan type.

S Michael Griffin had a very strong showing as a rookie last year; he'll be recognized as one of the "new breed" safeties....ballhawking playmakers who cover like a corner, but hit like a ton of bricks.

How's this for a sleeper pick: the quintessential bust, WR Mike Williams has been generating a bit of a buzz in OTA's. From what we're hearing, he has shed 30 lbs this offseason, and has come to camp focused and with a surprising air of intensity. OC Mike Heimerdinger has a long track record of maximizing the potential in his WR's; could it be that Dinger might finally get the light to come on for Williams?
zoinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 11:35 PM    (permalink
Zbikowski_9
Rookie

I like the way the Colts D works i am a big fan of Matt Giordano, and i would like to see him getting more playing time elswhere.

I know this is for veterans more than rookies but i think wr Pierre Garcon could turn out to be a realy good player, especial being around Manning. I realy wanted us to get him in the 6th since about 4 months prior to the draft and he was avaliable at our pick in the 6th, and we took Jaymar Johnson...i was very dissapointed
......Robinson Evans Guion Mitchell......

Join this football simulator...its pretty sweet. http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=13176733
Old 05-22-2008, 11:57 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post

Stanley McClover, he was a bit of a fan favorite in the draft a few years ago and was slated as more of a tweener. The guy is now absolutely massive and looks like a DE, he might not be a starter depending on his battle with Johnson and Brayton but I think he'll make some impact rotating in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfrillman View Post

5. Quenton Culberson OLB- He was an undrafted FA signing last season. The coaching staff really likes him. Starter one game last year and had 10 tackles and a FF. He is expected to challenge Chris Draft for the starting SLB spot.
love it, two of my favourite players in the league hopefully they boom this year.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 12:23 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

watch out for devin hester as a wide receiver. if he learns how to do anything more than streaks and screens, he could be downright dangerous, especially with greg olsen and desmond clark in the middle of the field drawing attention away from him.
Old 05-23-2008, 12:53 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
watch out for devin hester as a wide receiver. if he learns how to do anything more than streaks and screens, he could be downright dangerous, especially with greg olsen and desmond clark in the middle of the field drawing attention away from him.
I doubt anything draws attention away from Hester, if they do then that team is asking for it.
Old 05-23-2008, 01:44 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Robert Geathers will have another big year and JoJo will be a monster at CB for us.
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 02:06 AM    (permalink
RaiderFan
Rookie

RaiderFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Don't Forget Michael Bush.
RaiderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 07:11 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Manny Lawson is gonna break out this year as long as his injury from last year doesn't affect him much.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 07:25 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I honestly think that Brennan will get playing time for the skins if only because I can't see Campbell going a complete season uninjured. I know the dude has strange mechanics and stuff but he is a winner and I'm not saying he'll compete for the starting job and stuff but he'll do well enough, something a lot of people doubt.
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 07:58 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldnt sleep on Sam Hurd. Spent his entire off-season working out with T.O., looks like he put on about 10 lbs of muscle. He's now Owen's primary back up and in a contract year. Over the last two years, he has shown great improvement in his game and should continue to grow as a player. He could be in for some big games off the bench this season and with an injury prone WR core, he's looking at a substanstial amount of PT. This is a big year for Hurd and I think he will respond very well.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 05-23-2008 at 08:01 AM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote