Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 09-16-2008, 08:12 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythbusta View Post
im not sure what that means but hes was 15/25 150 0 tds and not m,any points in this last yawner. and this is against a team that lost to vandy. now they get fla auburn lsu etc. theyre going to lose some games. i think the hawaii game elevated the team and stafford a above their true level. its going to be difficult for him tomeet expectations and hes not going to have a huge year stat wise.
You really need to watch the games and not just look at the box score. Like I mentioned a few days ago 5 of the 10 incomplete passes were droped. one would have been for a TD, two would have been first downs and two others would have prevented 3rd and long. If those pass are caught the game is alot diffrent. One of the other 5 incompete Richard Samuel had a pass go through his hands that would have been a TD. If Moreno or King is in the game thats a TD. On another incomplete he escaped a defender where he should have been sacked throw it downfield around 40 yards and Massaqoui couldn't get his feet down in bounds. He did make a bad read where he threw into double coverage to A.J instead of hitting Massaquoui on a crossing pattern. South Carolina did lose to Vandy, but they have a great DB which was 4th in the country and pass yards and are off to a good start agian this year with pretty much the same group back. UGA also lost the battle up front.

I was watching and saw a Okl. WR take a short pass and go about 70 yards for a TD. When is the last time you saw a UGA WR do that?

Last edited by georgiafan : 09-16-2008 at 08:16 AM.
georgiafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 12:07 PM    (permalink
Race for the Heisman
Veteran

Race for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
In my opinion, Matt Stafford's hype is eerily similar to Andre Woodson's at this time last year.
I think the biggest difference (aside from throwing motion) is that Woodson showed late last year he had very limited pocket presence/rush sense. I'm not surprised he ended up lasting as long as he did because most of the guys who did get taken before him were guys I would have taken before him.
Race for the Heisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 12:48 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

First off, I'm not comparing Woodson to Stafford. I said I was comparing their hype. ...and it's driven because of similar qualities.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 01:06 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Woodson hype was started from him having good stats in the SEC. Where Staffords bigest knock is not having good enough stats.
Old 09-16-2008, 01:17 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Remember that Woodson was a senior last year and Stafford is a junior this year. Unless Stafford gets a 1st Round, he'll come back for his senior year. As big of a fan of Stafford that I am, I think he'd be better off staying for his senior year anyway.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 01:25 PM    (permalink
Race for the Heisman
Veteran

Race for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
First off, I'm not comparing Woodson to Stafford. I said I was comparing their hype. ...and it's driven because of similar qualities.
I understand you were comparing their draft stock at similar points, I was justing pointing out the Woodson had a massive flaw that Stafford doesn't, so I don't see Stafford's value mirroring the dive that Woodson ended up having.
Race for the Heisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 01:36 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
Remember that Woodson was a senior last year and Stafford is a junior this year. Unless Stafford gets a 1st Round, he'll come back for his senior year. As big of a fan of Stafford that I am, I think he'd be better off staying for his senior year anyway.

His receivers (except for Jones) arent going to get any better and he could get hurt. When you're an apparent lock to be a top 5 pick you come out.
Babylon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 01:40 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think I worded that wrong. I think it's less risky to his draft stock to come out this year, but I think he'd be a better player if he stayed for another year.
Old 09-16-2008, 01:46 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
His receivers (except for Jones) arent going to get any better and he could get hurt. When you're an apparent lock to be a top 5 pick you come out.
I have major doubts that he'll be a sure fire Top 5 selection if he were to declare. But if he is, yeah, he should. I think P-L is coming from the standpoint where Stafford does see his stock fall. Which in that case, he should go back.
Old 09-16-2008, 01:48 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think I worded that wrong. I think it's less risky to his draft stock to come out this year, but I think he'd be a better player if he stayed for another year.

There is the argument he can get better at the pro level with better coaching. I'm with you on players staying to get better but i would be shocked if he does. He isnt meeting with Troy Aikman and Tony Romo down in Dallas to talk about the weather.
Old 09-16-2008, 02:01 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
There is the argument he can get better at the pro level with better coaching. I'm with you on players staying to get better but i would be shocked if he does. He isnt meeting with Troy Aikman and Tony Romo down in Dallas to talk about the weather.
Well, naturally players are going to be better if they return and don't get injured. Anyone who digresses skill/experience wise is a nincompoop.

But the thing that CAN change is draft stock. See Brady Quinn/Colt Brennan.
Old 09-16-2008, 02:06 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Question. How is Stafford's pocket presence?

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 02:22 PM    (permalink
BBIB
Veteran

BBIB hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.BBIB hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
I just disagree with that, how is Stafford not a gamer? The only difference is yes Georgia has a better team around Stafford but come on Georgia does not have that good of WR's to be honest with you. That running game sure does help though. I think both players can make any throw all over the football field, I just do not understand how anyone would not be insanely impressed with Stafford's arm. Tell me who has a better arm than he does in college football. And when I say throwing arm I mean how far one can throw it and how fast they can throw it.
Stafford's cast is a helluva lot better than what Cutler had at Vanderbilt.

What a joke to suggest anything close to otherwise.

Matthew Stafford is the most overrated prospect in the draft. He is living off of the hype he had out of high school.

His great arm strength is negated by his inconsistency and decision making.
BBIB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 02:30 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

Can we let the guy play this year before we talk about bad decision making and inconsistency? It's not how you start your college career, it's how you end it. There have been tons of examples of this. Look at Stafford's numbers so far.

Georgia Southern: 62%, 2 TD, 0 INT
Central Michigan: 64%, 2 TD, 0 INT
South Carolina: 60%, 0 TD, 0 INT (4 dropped passes)

Through 3 games he's thrown consistently over 60% and has yet to make a bad decision. I don't know how he's going to finish the season, but through three games he's completed a very respectable number of his passes despite having a poor receiving corps and has yet to throw an INT.
Old 09-16-2008, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Well, naturally players are going to be better if they return and don't get injured. Anyone who digresses skill/experience wise is a nincompoop.

Good point about Quinn, Brennan was never thought of as a top 5 pick so i dont know where anyone is getting that. The thing with Quinn is he had Russell in front of him and teams werent willing to take a second QB that high. I think this year there is a pretty good chance KC, Miami and possibly Rams, Bucs, Bears and Jets may be looking for help with early picks.
Old 09-16-2008, 03:12 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Good point about Quinn, Brennan was never thought of as a top 5 pick so i dont know where anyone is getting that. The thing with Quinn is he had Russell in front of him and teams werent willing to take a second QB that high. I think this year there is a pretty good chance KC, Miami and possibly Rams, Bucs, Bears and Jets may be looking for help with early picks.
Brennan might've been a 1st or 2nd round pick. He ended up going in the 6th. What I was referring to was the drop in stock. I didn't think that was so hard to grasp, but whatevers.
Old 09-16-2008, 03:16 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Can we let the guy play this year before we talk about bad decision making and inconsistency? It's not how you start your college career, it's how you end it. There have been tons of examples of this. Look at Stafford's numbers so far.

Georgia Southern: 62%, 2 TD, 0 INT
Central Michigan: 64%, 2 TD, 0 INT
South Carolina: 60%, 0 TD, 0 INT (4 dropped passes)

Through 3 games he's thrown consistently over 60% and has yet to make a bad decision. I don't know how he's going to finish the season, but through three games he's completed a very respectable number of his passes despite having a poor receiving corps and has yet to throw an INT.
At the same token, can we let the guy play this year before crowing his ass? I'm fine with judging him along the way.... and with that... If I'm going to call someone the best QB prospect in the game, I need to see a better showing that what he did against S.Carolina.
Old 09-16-2008, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Brennan might've been a 1st or 2nd round pick. He ended up going in the 6th. What I was referring to was the drop in stock. I didn't think that was so hard to grasp, but whatevers.
It wasnt hard to grasp at all i was just trying to compare apples to apples, I dont put Brennan in the same class as Stafford but maybe that's just me.
Old 09-16-2008, 03:43 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
It wasnt hard to grasp at all i was just trying to compare apples to apples, I dont put Brennan in the same class as Stafford but maybe that's just me.
Ha ha. You still don't get it. :D
Old 09-16-2008, 03:48 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Ha ha. You still don't get it. :D

I understand the guy's stock could drop, make you feel better?
Old 09-16-2008, 04:06 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I understand the guy's stock could drop, make you feel better?
I was already feeling good. You put me in a laughy mood. :D

The minute I start to see something positive in his development that's different from what he's shown so far, trust me, I'll be there to give him any props he deserves. Right now, I just don't see the next great thing.
Old 09-16-2008, 04:09 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Did you really type Nincompoop?

wow + rep!
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 04:11 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
I was already feeling good. You put me in a laughy mood. :D

The minute I start to see something positive in his development that's different from what he's shown so far, trust me, I'll be there to give him any props he deserves. Right now, I just don't see the next great thing.
Fair enough. He does seem a little stifled in that offense there. Guys that you mentioned like Quinn and Brennan and Jay Cutler(who others have brought up) have had the luxury of throwing a ton of passes each game. I think Stafford can make all the throws but with those receivers and Knowshown Moreno i dont think things will change that much. I'm not the only one that thinks he'll go early by the way.
Old 09-16-2008, 04:16 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Fair enough. He does seem a little stifled in that offense there. Guys that you mentioned like Quinn and Brennan and Jay Cutler(who others have brought up) have had the luxury of throwing a ton of passes each game. I think Stafford can make all the throws but with those receivers and Knowshown Moreno i dont think things will change that much. I'm not the only one that thinks he'll go early by the way.
That's the thing I'm getting at. People "think" he can do this and that "if" da da da da da. Many excuses...

I'm saying "Show me" what you can do with the #1 ranked team coming into the college season. So far, not so good.
Old 09-16-2008, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
That's the thing I'm getting at. People "think" he can do this and that "if" da da da da da. Many excuses...

I'm saying "Show me" what you can do with the #1 ranked team coming into the college season. So far, not so good.

Should get some opportunities down in the desert this saturday night. I think sometimes 5 star guys get a reputation that they are automatically going to be great and that isnt always the case. Stafford has a great and accurate arm but you're right he needs to show more.