Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 06-05-2008, 02:26 PM    (permalink
Race for the Heisman
Veteran

Race for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
And Stafford does turn the ball over alot. He throws a pick ever 34.8 passes...about the same as Matt 'Turnover' Ryan. And he has had some fumbling issues if I remember correctly?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjspartan View Post
Matt Ryan averaged an interception about every 34 passes.
Brain Brohm averaged an interception about every 39 passes.
Joe Flacco averaged an interception about every 104 passes.
Chad Henne averaged an interception about every 30 passes.
Andre Woodson averaged an interception about every 47 passes.
John David Booty averaged an interception about every 34 passes.
Colt Brennan averaged an interception about every 30 passes.

you can see that most of them are about the same.

all stats from the 2007 season.
Here's the actual stats to back it up, I was too lazy to find it earlier. I'm not necessarily saying Stafford is good as gold I'm justing making a point that up to this point he's on par with the collegiate level's better quarterbacks.
Race for the Heisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 04:48 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well I am not going to argue that Matt Ryan throws alot of interception, because I have previously argued that his attempts per interception is a bad ratio, but with Stafford it can still be worked on.

I know he is young, but with Ryan, his senior season with a pick for every 34 attempts was his worst (sans freshmen year). The season before, he threw a pick every 42 passes. The season before that, he threw a pick ever 39 attempts. The season before that, in his freshmen year, he threw a pick every 23 attempts.

For Stafford its different. We really have to see more of his play, because he got thrown into the fire real early.

Wait what the hell. I am one of Stafford's biggest supporters and one of Ryan's biggest homers.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 05:24 PM    (permalink
dbro
Rookie

dbro hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Stafford is nearly on the same level as Mark Sanchez.
Can both be good top 10 picks prolly, but not this year, because they are still young and still need to work on things an get experience
Old 06-05-2008, 07:59 PM    (permalink
SKim172
Rookie

SKim172 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SKim172 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SKim172 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SKim172 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SKim172 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SKim172 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SKim172 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SKim172 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SKim172 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SKim172 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SKim172 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrd430 View Post
I'm also waiting on him to have that one spotlight game. I haven't seen one yet.
I agree with everything this guy says.

And yes, I'm also looking for Stafford's one big game, the game where he personally leads the team to victory.

Come to think of it, I'm hoping for the same from my boy, Mike Teel from Rutgers.

BTW, just completely off-topic here, but does it seem like every QB lately has a monosyllabic first name of four characters or less?

Matt Ryan, Joe Flacco, Chad Henne, John Booty, Colt Brennan...

Now, it's Matt Stafford, Tim Tebow, Mark Sanchez, Sam Bradford, Mike Teel, Todd Reesing...
Old 09-07-2008, 06:51 PM    (permalink
ViperVisor
Pro Bowler

ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alex Smith never threw picks in coll.

Just tell me he is greatness so I can have hope when we draft him #1. When we got Smith it was 50/50 from day 1.
ViperVisor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 07:05 PM    (permalink
Race for the Heisman
Veteran

Race for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperVisor View Post
Alex Smith never threw picks in coll.

Just tell me he is greatness so I can have hope when we draft him #1. When we got Smith it was 50/50 from day 1.
You'd be better of with journeymen until you get some key pieces into place. I don't know how the team feels about Staley as a left tackle, but say Oher this year, plus someone like Robiskie at the top of the second to prepare for the QB class of 2010.
Old 09-07-2008, 11:57 PM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its still early in the season, we will see how it goes for him. From the VERY little I saw, he has high above average arm strength, solid placement, and decent decision making.

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
Jimmy Buckets <3
Bearsfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 09:11 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He has got a lot better in changing plays at the line of scrimmage. This week he said he changed plays more then he ever has. It's still very early, but it appears like he has improved on his 2 biggest weakness with 0 interceptions and 63 % comp.

Last edited by georgiafan : 09-08-2008 at 09:14 AM.
georgiafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 10:48 PM    (permalink
Larry
Veteran

Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.

I would stay away from Tim Tebow in the first round. An Urban Meyer offense just doesn't produce a quality starting NFL quarterback.
Old 09-11-2008, 12:04 AM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Stafford stays for his senior year, he's the next Jay Cutler.

I really hope he doesn't come out actually. He's really improved, but why would he wanna give up his last year of freedom where he could improve and mature even more?

I hope none of the junior QBs declare. It'd suck for this years draft, but I really think QB's should stay all 4 years.
Old 09-11-2008, 12:09 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
If Stafford stays for his senior year, he's the next Jay Cutler.

I really hope he doesn't come out actually. He's really improved, but why would he wanna give up his last year of freedom where he could improve and mature even more?

I hope none of the junior QBs declare. It'd suck for this years draft, but I really think QB's should stay all 4 years.
Though this might be better for the teams that draft them and their NFL success, but its hard to argue against the signing bonuses they could receive. Especially with the a possible rookie salary limit, they are going to come out early.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
Old 09-11-2008, 12:14 AM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
Though this might be better for the teams that draft them and their NFL success, but its hard to argue against the signing bonuses they could receive. Especially with the a possible rookie salary limit, they are going to come out early.
The limit might affect him, but I'd think a guy like Stafford would be smart enough to know that his family (probably) isn't poor and theres no need to rush into getting millions. Yes, the paycheck is big, but once you're a first round pick QB in the NFL, your life has to be dedicated to the game.

If Stafford's there as a player and a person already, then he should be smart enough to stay for his senior year.

At least I hope so...same for Sanchez.

The NFL is still a job. And being a first round pick at the QB position is a whooooole different monster as far as pressure and expectation. Junior QB's should really take that into account, because if they're just seeing dollar signs they're screwed.
Old 09-11-2008, 01:16 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When you're projected to go that high you're nuts to not come out.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 01:30 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
When you're projected to go that high you're nuts to not come out.
Colt Brennan is your example.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 02:43 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
I was thinking more of the injury factor but you make a good point.
Old 09-11-2008, 10:25 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
And Brian Brohm...
And Brady Quinn...
And Matt Leinart...

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 10:58 PM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If he stays and falls, the Bears might get him, WOOH!

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
Jimmy Buckets <3
Bearsfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 12:36 AM    (permalink
MarioPalmer
Veteran

MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer

No, he's definitly legit. He has prototype size, a little on the 6'2 side, sort of like Brian Brohm size. But his arm strength is very very good. His accuracy is good, but certainly could be worked on, but its definitly better than most if not all the senior QB prospects. His intangibles are what teams are gonna salivate over. Just like Matt Ryan or Philip Rivers, Matt Stafford is a leader who takes command of the huddle and takes the offense by the reigns and is looked up to by his team mates. He also has been starting scince his freshman year which in it of it self is a major accomplishment considering he plays for a major program in one of the toughest conferences the SEC. He also has very good athleticism considering that he is a pure pocket passer. He has the ability to make every throw, along with making tough throws on the move. So its not like he is a stationary target for opposing defenses.

I think he more than deserves to be the top QB prospect as of now. Of coarse things can change if someone like Josh Freeman or Mark Sanchez declare because of the talent and much higher ceiling. The potential for those two, Sanchez and Freeman, is off the charts. Freeman looks to be the next Duante Culpepper/ JaMarcus Russell and Sanchez looks to be the next Steve Young/ Jay Cutler. It really doesn't get much better than that. Stafford reminds me of a little less athletic Donovan McNabb. They both have the same builds and both have the same characteristics in the passing game. Sort of the shorter stockier build but with a tremendous arm along with very good accuracy. They also are team guys that command respect from their team mates and coaches.

Overall, the 2009 class is weak considering just the seniors, but the 2010 class looks off the charts. We could see 3 QBs taken in the top 10 and maybe even 4 in the top 15.
MarioPalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 08:19 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Something people might now realize is Stafford has a 19-4 record as a starter in college. He has also lost 10 pounds.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:20 AM    (permalink
Race for the Heisman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
Something people might now realize is Stafford has a 19-4 record as a starter in college. He has also lost 10 pounds.
As a Georgia fan, you should be able to appreciate it when I rephrase it as 'Georgia is 19-4 in the last three years' or whatever the time duration. Much like Ohio State or the Chicago Bears, sometimes the team wins not necessarily in spite of the quarterback, but by the virtue of everyone else's hard work. That's not to say Stafford is awful, just that I wouldn't attribute most of the credit for that record to him.
Old 09-12-2008, 02:31 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Race for the Heisman View Post
As a Georgia fan, you should be able to appreciate it when I rephrase it as 'Georgia is 19-4 in the last three years' or whatever the time duration. Much like Ohio State or the Chicago Bears, sometimes the team wins not necessarily in spite of the quarterback, but by the virtue of everyone else's hard work. That's not to say Stafford is awful, just that I wouldn't attribute most of the credit for that record to him.
I understand I didn't mean to make it sound like the only reason for the record is because of him.
Old 09-12-2008, 03:12 PM    (permalink
BBIB
Veteran

BBIB hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.BBIB hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
I understand I didn't mean to make it sound like the only reason for the record is because of him.
I hope not considering obviously Moreno has been a much more valuable player than Stafford to that team. UGA is actually undefeated since Moreno became a starter.

But I admit Stafford does look improved this year. But still not #1 QB in an entire draft class right now. No way. That is all based on his hype out of HS.
BBIB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 03:13 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

Whats even better than his 19-4 record, is his 25 starts going into the start of his junior season. Add another 10 starts, and you have a good 35 starts in college. Thats a ton of experience in the SEC.

Old 09-12-2008, 06:13 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioPalmer View Post
No, he's definitly legit. He has prototype size, a little on the 6'2 side, sort of like Brian Brohm size. But his arm strength is very very good. His accuracy is good, but certainly could be worked on, but its definitly better than most if not all the senior QB prospects. His intangibles are what teams are gonna salivate over. Just like Matt Ryan or Philip Rivers, Matt Stafford is a leader who takes command of the huddle and takes the offense by the reigns and is looked up to by his team mates. He also has been starting scince his freshman year which in it of it self is a major accomplishment considering he plays for a major program in one of the toughest conferences the SEC. He also has very good athleticism considering that he is a pure pocket passer. He has the ability to make every throw, along with making tough throws on the move. So its not like he is a stationary target for opposing defenses.

I think he more than deserves to be the top QB prospect as of now. Of coarse things can change if someone like Josh Freeman or Mark Sanchez declare because of the talent and much higher ceiling. The potential for those two, Sanchez and Freeman, is off the charts. Freeman looks to be the next Duante Culpepper/ JaMarcus Russell and Sanchez looks to be the next Steve Young/ Jay Cutler. It really doesn't get much better than that. Stafford reminds me of a little less athletic Donovan McNabb. They both have the same builds and both have the same characteristics in the passing game. Sort of the shorter stockier build but with a tremendous arm along with very good accuracy. They also are team guys that command respect from their team mates and coaches.

Overall, the 2009 class is weak considering just the seniors, but the 2010 class looks off the charts. We could see 3 QBs taken in the top 10 and maybe even 4 in the top 15.
Dont see Freeman and Sanchez anywhere near the level of Stafford. Freeman was terrible last year in throwing down the field and decision making. Sanchez certainly can see his stock blowup with a big game against OSU but i still think Stafford is the clear favorite. Tebow would get some votes for the top signal caller but i think this site has it right in their mock having him going around the 10-12 range.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:23 PM    (permalink
STARHEATHER
Veteran

STARHEATHER STARHEATHER STARHEATHER STARHEATHER STARHEATHER STARHEATHER STARHEATHER STARHEATHER STARHEATHER

tebow also needs also to learn that in the nfl you have to stand in the pocket and make throws. hes uncomfortable and inneffective in the pocket. he has happy feet and looks to tuck and run at every chance. vs miami, there were some awful throws. he doesnt handle the pressure well. and i hope no one thinks on sundays hat hell be bulldozing any nfl lbs or running past them. just not much as far as nfl qb skills go. stafford has a little more but not much. i think there are some half truths with regards to his throwing arm strength. much better than tebow for the nfl though.
STARHEATHER is offline   Reply With Quote