Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 09-14-2008, 10:02 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
Ok Stafford is a flat out stud! Reminds me exactly of Eli Manning as a JR at Mississippi in terms of his stock. People loved his potential but as a JR were not ready to say just how good he was. Stafford can make ALL the throws, what a ******* arm on that kid, wow! And now he can run the football and shows he has some athletic ability!

What is there not to like about him, and show me a better QB prospect with a better arm than him in college right now. Because there is no one!
Andrew Walter has a great arm too, and is tall.

Kyle Boller probably has a top five, top ten at worst, arm in football.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 10:14 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Incase anyone missed here are his highlights from Central Michigan http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msZGZwdksYU

Also South Carolina has a excellent pass defense they finished 4th in the country last year and are off to another good start this year.
Old 09-14-2008, 10:18 PM    (permalink
illmatic74
Veteran

illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post

So does Cutler, Palmer and Rothelisberger.
illmatic74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 10:18 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The point is that a good arm doesn't make a QB.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 10:38 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
The point is that a good arm doesn't make a QB.
It's kind of like there are guys with 95 mph fastballs that are great pitchers and some stink.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 10:39 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
Incase anyone missed here are his highlights from Central Michigan http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msZGZwdksYU

Also South Carolina has a excellent pass defense they finished 4th in the country last year and are off to another good start this year.
Good start as in losing to Vandy?
Old 09-14-2008, 10:53 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
Good start as in losing to Vandy?
Vandy threw for 90 yards agianst them it wasn't there pass defense's fault they got beat.
Old 09-15-2008, 05:03 AM    (permalink
jnew76
Pro Bowler

jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stafford is a great prospect, but IMO, if you have Knowshon Moreno behind you for teams to key on, you should have better #'s as a college QB through three games. He has been efficient 4/0 TD/Int ratio, but I think he needs to be closer to 70% in college. He is currently at 62%.

He has all the tools.. There is no question, but If I had to choose between him and Sam Bradford, I would take Bradford... He has completely mastered that offense as a RS Soph. He does not have quite the arm of Stafford, and might not be as mobile(But it is close). In every other category, accuracy, leadership, mentality, production, I will take Bradford. You can have Stafford.
Old 09-15-2008, 01:19 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnew76 View Post
Stafford is a great prospect, but IMO, if you have Knowshon Moreno behind you for teams to key on, you should have better #'s as a college QB through three games. He has been efficient 4/0 TD/Int ratio, but I think he needs to be closer to 70% in college. He is currently at 62%.

He has all the tools.. There is no question, but If I had to choose between him and Sam Bradford, I would take Bradford... He has completely mastered that offense as a RS Soph. He does not have quite the arm of Stafford, and might not be as mobile(But it is close). In every other category, accuracy, leadership, mentality, production, I will take Bradford. You can have Stafford.
The flip side is Gerogia runs a ton because they have Moreno and the Bulldog receivers are below average in my opinion. I like Bradford, his numbers are really good because of the pass happy Big-12 or as in the case of playing stiffs like the Washington Huskies. To me Stafford has Jay Cutler ability and if in the ideal situation could be a Troy Aikman. I think Bradford's upside is probably that of a Trent Edwards and maybe Jake Delhomme or a Matt Hasselbeck. My take.
Old 09-15-2008, 01:28 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At the beginning of the year, I firmly believed I wanted Stafford here in KC. It looked like we'd have a top 5 pick again anyway, and QB is a major need, but I'm not so sure now. I would hate for Stafford to turn out like David Carr - drafted to a team with questions along the oline and offense in general - so I'm not sure what we'll do now. It's a weird situation here and not one that a rookie QB should be excited to be entering.

If I were forced to make a decision right now, I would take Stafford, as I think he has more upside than Bradford.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 01:55 PM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Walter did not have that good of an arm, and really Stafford does not have ideal height. Neither Boller or Walter can throw the ball like Stafford can and I think those are horrible comparisons if they were indeed that.

Stafford looks just like Jay Cutler to me, kind of stocky, can move around in the pocket and has a rocket for an arm.

Anyone that does not think Stafford is a standout QB prospect really needs to look at their evaluation ability.

As for the Sam Bradford stuff....ok those two are not even comparable. Sure Bradford is putting up good numbers and runs the team really well but come on let us look at the QB's Oklahoma has produced in the past few years. Jason White, Josh Heupel anyone? Now granted Bradford should be a much better pro than both of those college QB's, but seriously Bradford is not even in the same league as Stafford. And yes it is because of his arm strength and how well he can throw a football. Again I like Bradford too, but what QB could not be some what successful behind the best offensive line in the nation and have two of the best TE's anywhere plus a stable of WR's and RB's. That must be rough....

Last edited by Ozzy : 09-15-2008 at 01:58 PM.
Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Walter did not have that good of an arm, and really Stafford does not have ideal height. Neither Boller or Walter can throw the ball like Stafford can and I think those are horrible comparisons if they were indeed that.

Stafford looks just like Jay Cutler to me, kind of stocky, can move around in the pocket and has a rocket for an arm.

Anyone that does not think Stafford is a standout QB prospect really needs to look at their evaluation ability.

As for the Sam Bradford stuff....ok those two are not even comparable. Sure Bradford is putting up good numbers and runs the team really well but come on let us look at the QB's Oklahoma has produced in the past few years. Jason White, Josh Heupel anyone? Now granted Bradford should be a much better pro than both of those college QB's, but seriously Bradford is not even in the same league as Stafford. And yes it is because of his arm strength and how well he can throw a football. Again I like Bradford too, but what QB could not be some what successful behind the best offensive line in the nation and have two of the best TE's anywhere plus a stable of WR's and RB's. That must be rough....

Not into the rep points things but had to give you some for that post.
Old 09-15-2008, 02:14 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Stafford is NOTHING like Jay Cutler while he was at Vanderbilt. Let's get that out of the way.

And I've said this for a while now, but Bradford has been the best NFL QB prospect in college football (in my eyes) since he played his first game at OU. To blame the school's history at QB for him is incredibly silly. Let's not forget the QBs that Georgia has put out.. DJ Shockley, David Greene, Quincy "Crack Head" Carter... so does that mean Stafford's legitimacy is the same as theirs???
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 02:22 PM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Stafford is NOTHING like Jay Cutler while he was at Vanderbilt. Let's get that out of the way.

And I've said this for a while now, but Bradford has been the best NFL QB prospect in college football (in my eyes) since he played his first game at OU. To blame the school's history at QB for him is incredibly silly. Let's not forget the QBs that Georgia has put out.. DJ Shockley, David Greene, Quincy "Crack Head" Carter... so does that mean Stafford's legitimacy is the same as theirs?
I would argue this all day long man, Stafford and Cutler are a LOT a like and they both throw screen passes identically. Both have absolute guns and throw a perfect spiral every single time.

As for Georgia, good point they have crappy history of QB's. But all of those QB's I do not or did not hate, White and Heupel I hated because everyone loved them so much. And for what, they both threw a weak pass and basically were the product of a great bunch of skill players around them. Again I think Bradford is much better than both of those lack luster prospects. However Bradford is still a quarterback that does not have a great arm, is accurate but again how could one not be amazing at QB with what he has around him?

I would be flat out shocked if, like you say, Bradford becomes the best QB in all of the available college football QB's currently. I would be shocked because I just do not see that happening. Again I like him but he is not even in the same league as Stafford, not even close. You put Stafford on Oklahoma they would be one of the best college teams ever possibly. You put Bradford on Georgia and they would without question be worse I feel.

Might be wrong though, and we will just have to wait and see.
Old 09-15-2008, 02:41 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I would argue this all day long man, Stafford and Cutler are a LOT a like and they both throw screen passes identically. Both have absolute guns and throw a perfect spiral every single time.

As for Georgia, good point they have crappy history of QB's. But all of those QB's I do not or did not hate, White and Heupel I hated because everyone loved them so much. And for what, they both threw a weak pass and basically were the product of a great bunch of skill players around them. Again I think Bradford is much better than both of those lack luster prospects. However Bradford is still a quarterback that does not have a great arm, is accurate but again how could one not be amazing at QB with what he has around him?

I would be flat out shocked if, like you say, Bradford becomes the best QB in all of the available college football QB's currently. I would be shocked because I just do not see that happening. Again I like him but he is not even in the same league as Stafford, not even close. You put Stafford on Oklahoma they would be one of the best college teams ever possibly. You put Bradford on Georgia and they would without question be worse I feel.

Might be wrong though, and we will just have to wait and see.
Cutler is a gamer. His style of game is completely different. He's always had that indescribable QB moxie that you either have or don't have. At Vanderbilt he also ran A LOT. He showed major toughness. He was just a different type of QB altogether. Stafford is a bus driver. I'm sorry, but throwing a screen passes that look alike and tight spirals hardly qualifies for a match in my judgements. If that were the case, you could say Stafford plays like Ryan Leaf.
Old 09-15-2008, 02:43 PM    (permalink
Race for the Heisman
Veteran

Race for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Cutler had none of Stafford's deficiencies. Both look a bit soft or doughy physically and they both have great arms, but Cutler was on another level as a prospect. Cutler would have been a #1 overall lock if he had the same hype out of high school/right now that Stafford did. Obviously that is a bit of an exaggeration but Cutler rose pretty far to become the eleventh overall. If he rose from the same platform Stafford is on now, like I said, top spot lock.
Race for the Heisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 02:46 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Race for the Heisman View Post
Cutler would have been a #1 overall lock if he had the same hype out of high school/right now that Stafford did.
I'm pretty sure NFL teams don't draft QB's based on recruiting sites and message boards.

As far Bradford I would be suprised if he came out since he is only a sophmore.
Old 09-15-2008, 02:57 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So who should Chiefs draft lol
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 03:01 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
So who should Chiefs draft lol
No one. They should throw the boat at Unrestricted FA, Matt Cassell. There's no way the Patriots franchise him.
Old 09-15-2008, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Cutler is a gamer. His style of game is completely different. He's always had that indescribable QB moxie that you either have or don't have. At Vanderbilt he also ran A LOT. He showed major toughness. He was just a different type of QB altogether. Stafford is a bus driver. I'm sorry, but throwing a screen passes that look alike and tight spirals hardly qualifies for a match in my judgements. If that were the case, you could say Stafford plays like Ryan Leaf.
I just disagree with that, how is Stafford not a gamer? The only difference is yes Georgia has a better team around Stafford but come on Georgia does not have that good of WR's to be honest with you. That running game sure does help though. I think both players can make any throw all over the football field, I just do not understand how anyone would not be insanely impressed with Stafford's arm. Tell me who has a better arm than he does in college football. And when I say throwing arm I mean how far one can throw it and how fast they can throw it.

Last edited by Ozzy : 09-15-2008 at 03:06 PM.
Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 03:16 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I just disagree with that, how is Stafford not a gamer? The only difference is yes Georgia has a better team around Stafford but come on Georgia does not have that good of WR's to be honest with you. That running game sure does help though. I think both players can make any throw all over the football field, I just do not understand how anyone would not be insanely impressed with Stafford's arm. Tell me who has a better arm than he does in college football. And when I say throwing arm I mean how far one can throw it and how fast they can throw it.
Well just because you have arm strength doesn't mean you're the best QB prospect. How far or how fast is irrelevant. How can you even prove that Stafford has the best arm in the first place? Plus, I think JaMarcus Russell has changed the way scouts think about judging arm strength alone when rating a prospect. Gosh, I tried to tell them... but noooo.. hahaha.
Old 09-15-2008, 03:17 PM    (permalink
rockio42
Pro Bowler

rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only problem I have with the Cutler/Stafford comparison is that i think its abvious that Stafford takes care of the ball better than Cutler, Cutler is a a straight gunslinger and takes more chances

Check out my twitter @mrocchio42 and check out my radio show on wqqx1490am.com. I'm on every morning with Pro Football HoF voter and NFL regular season awards voter, Howard Balzer. It's always a blast from 9-11.
rockio42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 03:20 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockio42 View Post
The only problem I have with the Cutler/Stafford comparison is that i think its abvious that Stafford takes care of the ball better than Cutler, Cutler is a a straight gunslinger and takes more chances
Cutler does take more chances because he is more of a gun slinger. But Stafford's Interception numbers are way too high for someone who is NOT a gun slinger.
Old 09-15-2008, 05:00 PM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

This is insane honestly, all this Bradford love. The kid is good, manages them game and is accurate as can be. Over the past 8 NFL drafts here are a few QB's that remind me of him when I looked back.

Colt Brennan
Alex Brink
John Beck
Aaron Rodgers
Kyle Orton
Luke McCown
Craig Krenzel
Jeff Smoker
Ken Dorsey
Patrick Ramsey
Chad Pennington
Chris Redman
Tim Rattay

Some of these players are doing good, aka world beater Aaron Rodgers but he has only played two games. If you take him out, the rest are just all average at best and that is how I view Bradford. A QB with not the strongest arm in the world, played in a very productive college offense but in the NFL he does not have the ideal ball speed to complete the hard passes against tight defenses. Sure he can manage the game and maybe be great at it. But in terms of elite players I do not see him as one.

You even take the class he is in as a SOPH. All this crap of him coming out as a freaking SOPH for the NFL draft and being a 1st round pick. Heck one could argue he is not even the best SOPH QB in the nation. You have Mallett who is a prototype NFL QB with a great arm, then you have a very promising athlete in Kapernick who has potential. Then there is Locker who physically is so far ahead of Bradford it is ridiculous. He is a promising prospect and now you also have Jevan Snead a player that plays with less talent but can make all the throws.

I just question his arm and do not see what exactly makes him so much different than Jason White. Jason White in college I hated him because I thought his arm was just crap and he got all these yards by the talent around him. Now Bradford has a better arm than White but the talent is still there. So what again makes him different than White? Heck White was "supposedly" a better athlete than Bradford.

So someone please explain to me this obsession with Bradford?
Old 09-15-2008, 05:16 PM    (permalink
Race for the Heisman
Veteran

Race for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:

So someone please explain to me this obsession with Bradford?
He's living up to the expectations of the surrounding talent, which is impressive considering how much of it there is. That said, I haven't seen enough of Bradford to make an assessment one way or the other.
Race for the Heisman is offline   Reply With Quote