Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-11-2008, 04:23 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Power Metal Thread

Im talking bands like Rhapsody, Blind Guardian, Dio, Sonata Arctica...Im not a fan of Dragonforce but they count. Iron Maiden Iced Earth, Hammerfall stuff like that.
Anyone else?

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 04:47 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

rock thread dude: http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...ead.php?t=6086

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 05:50 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im a fan of Metal in general... I listen to all metal. Sonata and Iced Earth are some of my Faves
Old 05-12-2008, 04:58 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentN View Post
Metal is not Rock...Metal>Rock. Metal deserves its own thread.

Power Metal is awesome! Im not the biggest fan of Dragonforce...but they put on a really great show. I went to 3 Dragonforce concerts a few years ago. Though they werent the main reason I went. Went to the New England Metal Festival once to see them plus the band Gamma Ray, Wolf, and Into Eternity. Into Eternity is a really good band if you arent too familiar with them

Also went to see them in Louisville once and in Cincinnati. The cincy concert had All that Remains and Horse the Band. It was a kick ass show. All that Remains put on a great show too.

Was going to go see Megadeth, In Flames, and I think Bodom up in Louisville last month but my car started acting up and I couldnt drive.,...I so wanted to go to that concert!

I love Power Metal, but then again I lubs all metal!
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 05:03 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dio? As in Holy Diver? Killswitche's version is waaaayyyy better.....
Old 05-12-2008, 05:03 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, metal owns rock in all ways. I think some of the best metal is as close of a modern day equivalent as you can get to the old time symphonies and whatnot in terms of how complicated the music is. There are some great minds writing good metal anymore...

Dunno much about power metal but I'm a big fan of Dream Theater, Nevermore, Children of Bodom.....Metallica Pre-Black Album....
Old 05-12-2008, 05:08 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
Dio? As in Holy Diver? Killswitche's version is waaaayyyy better.....
That is Blasphemy! omg NO Holy Diver by Dio is better! I don't know how anyone could say otherwise. *covers ears and yells loudly so not to hear such blasphemy*

Dream Theater & Nevermore are awesome.

ever listen to these bands: "Haggard" or "Ensiferum", "Falconer", "Elvinking", "finntroll", "trollfest", "Furia", "Enslaved", "Lumsk", "Turisas". They are all some top notch metal.
Old 05-12-2008, 05:11 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripedWalrus View Post
That is Blasphemy! omg NO Holy Diver by Dio is better! I don't know how anyone could say otherwise. *covers ears and yells loudly so not to hear such blasphemy*

Dream Theater & Nevermore are awesome.

ever listen to these bands: "Haggard" or "Ensiferum", "Falconer", "Elvinking", "finntroll", "trollfest", "Furia", "Enslaved", "Lumsk", "Turisas". They are all some top notch metal.
A lot of those are probably on the big list of bands my best friend from back home demands i listen to at some point, lol. Hes also got me listening to the Black Mages, 3 inches of blood....uhh...some others too, dont have em in front of me atm
Old 05-12-2008, 05:13 PM    (permalink
tEk
Veteran

tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

i can get into it, atreyu, pantera, as was said pre black album metallica.

Hitman D
tEk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 05:16 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

Pantera was always one of those bands I just couldnt get into. I never knew what it was about Pantera. They just didnt do it for me. Slipknot and Mudvayne are two other bands that never did it for me either. They are not power metal, but still...eh...blah..

I still think Megadeth is better than Metallica. I guess I always will. Dave Mustaine is awesome.
Old 05-12-2008, 05:21 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Pantera was always one of those bands I just couldnt get into. I never knew what it was about Pantera. They just didnt do it for me. Slipknot and Mudvayne are two other bands that never did it for me either. They are not power metal, but still...eh...blah..

I still think Megadeth is better than Metallica. I guess I always will. Dave Mustaine is awesome.
mustaine is awesome but metallica's first 4 albums are godly. I like some of megadeth's stuff but none of their entire albums really....and imo, they didnt have several signature songs come out of them like metallica did (ride the lighthing, master of puppets, one...and those are just the popular ones and not really my top favorites) I think if you took MoP off of that album, Battery or Disposable Hero's could have filled its spot, they are fan-friggin-tastic as well. maybe just my opinion but nonetheless...

btw, great metal website: http://www.nolifetilmetal.com/cdlist.html

I use that to get a lot of ideas on what to go out and get to listen to. It was there i first read about Rush and fell in love with em, and yes i know, theyre not exactly metal...lol
Old 05-12-2008, 05:21 PM    (permalink
tEk
Veteran

tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:

mustaine was originally in metallica then they split ways. so i can see why the megadeth love. but come on cliff burton... thats why metallica fell off the loss of two great studs! mustaine and burton!!!

and you dont like pantera, still considers yourself a metal fan? i agree with you on slipknot and mudvayne = terrible. dimebag is a legend and was probably on his way to being the best guitarist ever.

Hitman D

Last edited by tEk : 05-12-2008 at 05:23 PM.
Old 05-12-2008, 05:23 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tEk View Post
mustaine was originally in metallica then they split ways. so i can see why the megadeth love. but come on cliff burton... thats why metallica fell off the loss of two great studs! mustaine and burton!!!
mustaine was gone before they even recorded the first album though iirc... His influence was still being felt in that he helped out in a lot of the songwriting but he was gone...

Losing Burton burnt a lot though....RIP
Old 05-12-2008, 05:26 PM    (permalink
tEk
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
mustaine was gone before they even recorded the first album though iirc... His influence was still being felt in that he helped out in a lot of the songwriting but he was gone...

Losing Burton burnt a lot though....RIP
do you know who they turned down when auditioning for the new bass spot..... Les Claypool. you know why?... he was tooo damn good. scary thought

claypool solo --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5XeVLJeMdE

Hitman D

Last edited by tEk : 05-12-2008 at 05:28 PM.
Old 05-12-2008, 05:28 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tEk View Post
do you know who they turned down when auditioning for the new bass spot..... Les Claypool. you know why?... he was tooo damn good. scary thought
that is scary...

heres another that scares me about Nevermore's guitarist Jeff Loomis:

"He was auditioned for Megadeth (during the So Far, So Good...So What! era) at the age of 16, when their lead guitarist Jeff Young left the band. After they played a few songs together, Dave Mustaine, the band's frontman and other lead guitarist, thanked Loomis and told him that one day he would become a great guitar player, but because of his age he was not right for the position.[2] Jeff Loomis saw Cacophony on tour, and told Marty Friedman, who became very interested, about the audition. Marty tried out for the position and joined the band in 1989. In 2005, Loomis would then share the stage with Megadeth, as the lead guitarist for Nevermore as part of Mustaine's Gigantour festival."

Was good enough to have been in Megadeth at 16....wow
Old 05-12-2008, 05:37 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

You know of something else that i just thought of because it popped up in my playlist? Dethklok....the one from Metalocolypse (hilarious show btw)

I bought it because i just wanted to have it, thought it would be neat and what not well, i was actually blown away by how good some of the music was.

Dethwater on there is amazing....really gives off that 'epic' feel. Plus two songs that never made it onto the show are some of my favorites, not just of them, but of any band in general. "The Lost Vikings" and "Better Metal Snake" And then theres Hatredcopter which sounds like Dave Mustaine is singing twice in the middle...good stuff
Old 05-12-2008, 06:22 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys are deff listing some great music here. I love Megadeth, Nevermore, Pantera and Dethklok and to anyone looking for a new band i highly recommend Evergrey.... I already have all this typed out so im gonna post all the bands i listen to:

Alice Cooper
Alice In Chains
All That Remains
Allen & Lande
Alter Bridge
Amon Amarth
Angel Dust
Anthrax
Arch Enemy
Archetype
Avenged Sevenfold
Beyond Twilight
Bomechanical
Black Label Society
Black Sabbath
Blind Guardian
Bloodbath
Carnival Of The Incomplete
Candlemass
Charon
Children Of Bodom
CKY
Clutch
Colonel Claypool's Bucket Of Bernie Brains
Damageplan
Danzig
Dark Tranquility
Darkane
Demon Hunter
Demons & Wizards
Dethklok
Devin Townsend
Devin Townsend Band
Diadem
Dimension Zero
Dimmu Borgir
Drist
Eric Clapton
Evergrey
Fireball Ministry
Firewind
Foo Fighters
Grave Digger
Guns N' Roses
Halford
Hellyeah
Hinder
Hurt
Hypocrisy
Iced Earth
In Flames
In This Moment
Into Eternity
Iron Maiden
Isis
Joe Walsh
Judas Priest
Kamelot
King Diamond
Kutless
Leatherwolf
Lordi
Machine Head
Masterplan
Mastodon
Megadeth
Mercyful Fate
Metallica
Moonspell
Morbid Angel
Nevermore
Nickelback
Nightrage
Nightwish
Northern Kings
Opeth
Outworld
Ozzy Osborne
Pagan's Mind
Pain
Pantera
Paradise Lost
Phil Collins
Pink Floyd
Poisonblack
Priestess
Queens Of The Stone Age
Queensryche
Ra
Redezra
Rob Zombie
Rush
Scay Symmetry
Sentenced
Shadows Fall
Sonata Arctica
Soundgarden
Strapping Young Lad
Symphorce
Tenacious D
Trace Bundy
Trail Of Tears
Wintersun
Wolf
Zakk Wylde
Old 05-12-2008, 06:26 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

nice list brothercain, some quality stuff on there.

I lol-ed (literally) at phil collins though. Not that he's bad, i just remembered the south park he was in, haha.
Old 05-12-2008, 06:28 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

I dont know what it is about Pantera, tEk. I just never did like them.
Old 05-12-2008, 06:31 PM    (permalink
TheBuffaloBills
Veteran

TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Dragonforce... and I like that song The Bleeding by Death punch

Thank you XxXDragonXxX for the Avatar!
TheBuffaloBills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 06:32 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
nice list brothercain, some quality stuff on there.

I lol-ed (literally) at phil collins though. Not that he's bad, i just remembered the south park he was in, haha.
Yea man i am a big big big big big (cant say it enough) metal fan... but my guilty pleasure is Phil. My mom is a huge fan of his so its like hereditary lol.

But yea i highly recommend Evergrey, Scar Symmetry, Pagan's Mind and a very underground band called Diadem
Old 05-12-2008, 06:32 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I absolutely hate metal but to each his own I guess.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 06:35 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuffaloBills View Post
I like Dragonforce... and I like that song The Bleeding by Death punch
The Bleeding is a good song.
Old 05-12-2008, 06:42 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wo_oT88 View Post
I absolutely hate metal but to each his own I guess.
Well what do you listen to Woot? and as i tell everyone im sure i could find some kind of metal band you would like.

And i think this Thread title should be changed to the Metal Thread
Old 05-12-2008, 08:09 PM    (permalink
TheGreatEscape
Veteran

TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.

This long into a metal thread and no mention of Necrophagist or Job? Black Dahlia Murder, Bleeding Through and Behemoth have been getting a lot of PT for me, although right now i'm going hardcore with Unearth's In the eyes of fire.

Last edited by TheGreatEscape : 05-14-2008 at 12:28 AM.
TheGreatEscape is offline   Reply With Quote