Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-12-2008, 09:16 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatEscape View Post
This long into a metal thread and no mention of Necrophagous or Job? Black Dahlia Murder, Bleeding Through and Behemoth have been getting a lot of PT for me, although right now i'm going hardcore with Unearth's In the eyes of fire.
I wanna sue them for stealing my *****' nickname.
Old 05-12-2008, 10:27 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

mmm. metal.

I like the occasional nightwish or sonata arctica, but mostly, it's always been about at the gates. one of the 50 greatest albums of all time was 'at the gates - slaughter of the soul'

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 10:31 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
mmm. metal.

it's always been about at the gates. one of the 50 greatest albums of all time was 'at the gates - slaughter of the soul'
I was just gonna add that one to the list. Thanks for doing it for me!
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 12:58 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Another metal band you cant go wrong with - Therion!

Even if you don't like metal you must agree that Metal bands have the best album covers.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 12:08 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripedWalrus View Post
Another metal band you cant go wrong with - Therion!

Even if you don't like metal you must agree that Metal bands have the best album covers.
pig destroyer has some pretty fantastic album covers.

Old 05-14-2008, 12:30 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

speaking of album covers...

i found that cheap and bought it just for the album cover. the music is godawful but that cover creeps me the hell out
Old 05-14-2008, 12:45 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

cattle decap?

no. not terrible. just misunderstood. well. to serve man wasn't that good.
but when they got pittsburghs finest grinder/drummer from Creation is Crucifixion, they got like. tons better. not as sloppy. very refined machines of deathgrind.

Old 05-14-2008, 12:46 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
cattle decap?

no. not terrible. just misunderstood. well. to serve man wasn't that good.
but when they got pittsburghs finest grinder/drummer from Creation is Crucifixion, they got like. tons better. not as sloppy. very refined machines of deathgrind.
ehhh....way out of my style range. i try and just pick out the music when i have to listen to that stuff. i think some of it would be much better if they just cut out the unintelligible screaming and just went with the music
Old 05-14-2008, 12:48 AM    (permalink
TheGreatEscape
Veteran

TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.

Quote:
That is Blasphemy! omg NO Holy Diver by Dio is better! I don't know how anyone could say otherwise. *covers ears and yells loudly so not to hear such blasphemy*.
No offense to The Mighty Midget of Metal but killswitch raped that song.
TheGreatEscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 12:53 AM    (permalink
TheGreatEscape
Veteran

TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
ehhh....way out of my style range. i try and just pick out the music when i have to listen to that stuff. i think some of it would be much better if they just cut out the unintelligible screaming and just went with the music
If you understand that the scream is not just a vocal technique but another instrument it's not a problem. WHERE WOULD MUSIC BE WITHOUT THE PIGSQUEEL!?

As for whoever mentioned Nightwish can you stand their newer stuff? Losing their initial vocalist for the guy that came to replace her really hurt that band in my eyes and pushed Within Temptation above them in the symphonic metal category.

BTW anyone go to Gigantour?
Old 05-14-2008, 12:57 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a big fan of metal but I don't care for most of the stuff you guys have mentioned.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 01:08 AM    (permalink
TheGreatEscape
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
I'm a big fan of metal but I don't care for most of the stuff you guys have mentioned.
Really? What's your metal of choice?
Old 05-14-2008, 01:29 AM    (permalink
TheGreatEscape
Veteran

Deicide, Chimaira, The Faceless and the new Dying Fetus are sick as well.
Old 05-14-2008, 10:09 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Quote:
Really? What's your metal of choice?
yeah, im curious too. i thought we hit a pretty wide range of stuff. what do you like?
Old 05-14-2008, 01:28 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am guessing he is into that nu metal.... or maybe some of that Garage band crap vocal metal...I swear some people today should not start bands and crap up the metal world.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 01:55 PM    (permalink
TheGreatEscape
Veteran

Quote:
I am guessing he is into that nu metal.... or maybe some of that Garage band crap vocal metal...I swear some people today should not start bands and crap up the metal world.
Let people try, metal's a very difficult genre to play so if people suck they won't make it in metal very long. I actually think it's the only major music genre that's not going to hell, cause metal's been based on concert revenue more so than album sales for a while, making it more stable in this internet era.

Plus the newer bands are doing well.
Old 05-15-2008, 12:46 AM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If you understand that the scream is not just a vocal technique but another instrument it's not a problem. WHERE WOULD MUSIC BE WITHOUT THE PIGSQUEEL!?

As for whoever mentioned Nightwish can you stand their newer stuff? Losing their initial vocalist for the guy that came to replace her really hurt that band in my eyes and pushed Within Temptation above them in the symphonic metal category.

BTW anyone go to Gigantour?
I was gonna go to Gigantour but really just didn't have the money to do so. I guess Megadeth and COB put on a hell of a show with Inflames being only decent, as they played some of their crappier stuff. Oh and the two opening bands, Job for a Cowboy and some other band, were absolutely awful from the accounts of my friends that went. Really wish I could have gone though, as it looks like there will be no Ozzfest or Sounds of the Underground this year.

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 11:22 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardvikingsfan View Post
I was gonna go to Gigantour but really just didn't have the money to do so. I guess Megadeth and COB put on a hell of a show with Inflames being only decent, as they played some of their crappier stuff. Oh and the two opening bands, Job for a Cowboy and some other band, were absolutely awful from the accounts of my friends that went. Really wish I could have gone though, as it looks like there will be no Ozzfest or Sounds of the Underground this year.
InFlames Really started to suck after Colony so i really cant say im surprised COB's new album isnt as good as Follow the reaper IMO but is still killer and Megadeth is always amazing... i hope they come in my area...

But to your other part i am 95% sure that Ozzfest has been confirmed just to let you know :-D
Old 05-15-2008, 11:40 AM    (permalink
TheGreatEscape
Veteran

Quote:
Bad reviews for Job? Really? I saw them last year with chimaira, behemoth and some other sick bands and Job had the best raw set there. Chimaira had a more refined sound but job just took over the stage.

Since we've been talking about them I've gotta put their cd "Genesis" in my stereo and recommend you all do the same.
Old 05-15-2008, 11:59 AM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Bad reviews for Job? Really? I saw them last year with chimaira, behemoth and some other sick bands and Job had the best raw set there. Chimaira had a more refined sound but job just took over the stage.

Since we've been talking about them I've gotta put their cd "Genesis" in my stereo and recommend you all do the same.
Yuck, i saw them at Sounds of the Underground last year and was not in the least bit impressed.

And IMBrotherCain, I f*cking hope so, as I was pretty bummed when I heard the rumor that it was gonna be canceled.

Old 05-15-2008, 12:22 PM    (permalink
TheGreatEscape
Veteran

Quote:
Yuck, i saw them at Sounds of the Underground last year and was not in the least bit impressed.

And IMBrotherCain, I f*cking hope so, as I was pretty bummed when I heard the rumor that it was gonna be canceled.
Really? My buddy used that tour as an excuse to make us go to Chicago for a week with him and we saw that show at House of blues and they were incredible.
Old 05-15-2008, 12:24 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh, Sleeper fans?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 01:48 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks to Nerv I've listened to Quo Vadis a lot this week.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 02:44 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

It wasnt canceled it was just turned into a one day event in Texas on August 9th
I actualy saw this on MySpace posted by Black Label Society.

Quote:
OZZFEST RETURNS AS ONE-DAY STADIUM SPECTACULAR
ON AUGUST 9 IN DALLAS, TX
WITH OZZY OSBOURNE AND METALLICA

TOP AND CUTTING-EDGE ACTS
TO IGNITE THREE STAGES

All eyes and ears will be on Dallas, Texas Saturday, August 9. No conspiracy theory here--just the facts.

OZZFEST--the original and iconic hard rock festival--returns in 2008 as a one-day stadium spectacular that teams OZZFEST founder and namesake Ozzy Osbourne (in his only U.S. concert appearance this summer) with Metallica (marking their OZZFEST debut).

Produced by Sharon Osbourne and AEG LIVE, the all-day festival at Pizza Hut Park in hard music-loving Dallas will feature three stages of non-stop talent (with many OZZFEST alumni) and reliably twisted OZZFEST side attractions.

The full main stage lineup will also spotlight performances by Serj Tankian (System of a Down), Hellyeah, Jonathan Davis (Korn), Cavalera Conspiracy, Shadows Fall, Apocalyptica and In This Moment. Also scheduled on the main stage is a special all-star tribute to slain Pantera guitarist ‘Dimebag’ Darrell Abbott. Second stage acts include Sevendust, Devildriver, Kingdom of Sorrow, Soilent Green, Witchcraft and Goatwhore. The Texas (third) stage—“an homage to the “many great metal bands that come from Texas,” says Sharon Osbourne--features The Sword, Drowning Pool and Rigor Mortis.
Old 05-15-2008, 03:06 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

Damn, that absolutely sucks. I guess that means no big concerts for this guy over the summer.