Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-15-2008, 03:51 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardvikingsfan View Post
Damn, that absolutely sucks. I guess that means no big concerts for this guy over the summer.
Well im not gonna see any big concerts either but at least its a good year for music. The new Pyramaze, Judas Priest, Scar Symmetry, Evergrey and Charon are do out this year and most this summer and not to mention the Children of Bodom and Firewind albums already came out

Last edited by ImBrotherCain : 05-15-2008 at 03:53 PM.
ImBrotherCain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 11:20 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can anyone recommend any bands? I posted all the bands i listen to in an earlier post... I like most all metal but im not a big fan of brutal death / Black Metal
Old 05-16-2008, 11:36 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatEscape View Post
Really? What's your metal of choice?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
yeah, im curious too. i thought we hit a pretty wide range of stuff. what do you like?
Here is the stuff I listen to:

Opeth
Between The Buried And Me
Acid Bath
Meshuggah
Gojira
Mastodon
Dimmu Borgir
Intronaut
Isis
The Ocean
Killswitch Engage
Agalloch
Down
Every Time I Die
Glass Casket
In Flames
Protest The Hero

Those are among my favorites. There are more bands too

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 12:23 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Here is the stuff I listen to:

Opeth
Between The Buried And Me
Acid Bath
Meshuggah
Gojira
Mastodon
Dimmu Borgir
Intronaut
Isis
The Ocean
Killswitch Engage
Agalloch
Down
Every Time I Die
Glass Casket
In Flames
Protest The Hero

Those are among my favorites. There are more bands too
I have seen between the buried and me in concert before and it totally made me not like them. It was a really bad concert.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 12:32 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm always like, meh on btbam. People who tend to like dream theater a lot like them. And that always makes me irritated.

Cain. I can't recommend good metal bands to you because you had nickelback on that list. therefore we won't even be speaking the same language.

For that i'll just recommend yes.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 12:35 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
I'm always like, meh on btbam. People who tend to like dream theater a lot like them. And that always makes me irritated.

Cain. I can't recommend good metal bands to you because you had nickelback on that list. therefore we won't even be speaking the same language.

I like Dream Theatre's music, not the vocals, so I tend to stay away.

I saw BTBAM in concert and was blown away. They opened up for Dragonforce and put on a better show. Maybe it's because I think BTBAM kicks ass and think Dragonforces sucks ass. I don't know.

Anyway, BTBAM's new album is unbelievable. One of the best cd's of the year, in my opinion.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 05-16-2008, 12:37 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

omg! Nickleback on a metal list! BLASPHEMER CAIN! zomg!

yesterday in the car, NIckleback came on the radio. I smashed my hand against the car stereo in order to change the channel. Nickleback is not allowed in my vehicle!
Old 05-16-2008, 12:39 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I like Dream Theatre's music, not the vocals, so I tend to stay away.

I saw BTBAM in concert and was blown away. They opened up for Dragonforce and put on a better show. Maybe it's because I think BTBAM kicks ass and think Dragonforces sucks ass. I don't know.

Anyway, BTBAM's new album is unbelievable. One of the best cd's of the year, in my opinion.
Went to the same concert...prolly different venue. Dragonforce put on a show 10 times better than BTBAM. I had gone into the concert in actually hopes they would be good. Basically based of heresay though. I went, and omg BTBAM was BAD! I believe all that remains was the middle band, and they were good.
Old 05-16-2008, 12:42 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripedWalrus View Post
Went to the same concert...prolly different venue. Dragonforce put on a show 10 times better than BTBAM. I had gone into the concert in actually hopes they would be good. Basically based of heresay though. I went, and omg BTBAM was BAD! I believe all that remains was the middle band, and they were good.
Yeah, All That Remains was the middle band. They were very basic. Their bass player is playing on an elementary level. Their drummer uses triggers live. Their singer sounds nothing like he does on the record. All in all, I wasn't impressed to say the least.

Like I said, I'm a huge BTBAM fan so I was very excited to see them live. They knew how to player their instruments well and I was just impressed to see them play live. I thought it was awesome.

And also like I said, I hate Dragonforce. i think they are extremely overrated. They were drunk and played off time. Their singing sucked big time. I just didn't like it.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 05-16-2008, 12:53 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

Ok now guys calm down, calm down.... Yes i had Nickelback on that list but by no means are they anywhere near being a favorite band of mine. No on that same note, you cant recommend a good band because of that? I have good bands filling that list and cause Nickelback is on there i am Blackballed?
Old 05-16-2008, 12:54 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Dragonforce just seem like a bunch of dudes having fun on stage, i saw them with protest the hero abut a year and a half ago. they were pretty good. Sure they're not really tight like btbam. but. There's a place for just fun music, even if it isn't like, btbam's ridiculous math-ness and tightness, musically they're pretty good, but, they just don't sit right in my mind, the songs they write aren't like, phenome (with the exception of Arsonist. Alaska was ho hum)

in my mind, especially in metal, which is why i think mastodon is so great. they're like the other side of the metal right now, trying to pull away from the tech-ness and just straight out ballsy good songwriting.

Old 05-16-2008, 12:55 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Ok now guys calm down, calm down.... Yes i had Nickelback on that list but by no means are they anywhere near being a favorite band of mine. No on that same note, you cant recommend a good band because of that? I have good bands filling that list and cause Nickelback is on there i am Blackballed?
I already recommended you yes.

And the Kodan Armada.

Old 05-16-2008, 12:59 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I already recommended you yes.

And the Kodan Armada.
Thanks for that recommending Kodan... i think my ears just started bleeding
Old 05-16-2008, 01:03 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Has anyone mentioned Blood Has Been Shed? Their badass.

Seemless is awesome. More bluesy hard rock, though. Clutch is another awesome band that puts on a hell of a live show.

Anyone here like Neurosis? Pelican?

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 05-16-2008, 01:09 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
Thanks for that recommending Kodan... i think my ears just started bleeding
nyuck nyuck nyuck.

i love kodan. but most people don't get it.
ah. good old screamo.

Pelican is great. And i went and saw my friends band last night.

Band called 'oceans' (not my friends band, who is also good.) was right along the lines of pelican, if not better (just like, local).

My friends band is closer to grind anyway. and no one actually likes grind.

Old 05-16-2008, 01:12 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
nyuck nyuck nyuck.

i love kodan. but most people don't get it.
ah. good old screamo.

Pelican is great. And i went and saw my friends band last night.

Band called 'oceans' (not my friends band, who is also good.) was right along the lines of pelican, if not better (just like, local).

My friends band is closer to grind anyway. and no one actually likes grind.
Soilent Green is alright and there about the closest thing to grind that I can tolerate.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 05-16-2008, 01:13 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Dragonforce just seem like a bunch of dudes having fun on stage, i saw them with protest the hero abut a year and a half ago. they were pretty good. Sure they're not really tight like btbam. but. There's a place for just fun music, even if it isn't like, btbam's ridiculous math-ness and tightness, musically they're pretty good, but, they just don't sit right in my mind, the songs they write aren't like, phenome (with the exception of Arsonist. Alaska was ho hum)

in my mind, especially in metal, which is why i think mastodon is so great. they're like the other side of the metal right now, trying to pull away from the tech-ness and just straight out ballsy good songwriting.
I went to a Mastadon Concert a few years back...maybe 1...was an amazing concert! I actually supported them and bought their CD and bought a shirt. Mastadon is one of my favs.
Old 05-16-2008, 01:20 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
I went to a Mastadon Concert a few years back...maybe 1...was an amazing concert! I actually supported them and bought their CD and bought a shirt. Mastadon is one of my favs.
Mastodon is pretty ******* awesome. Same with Gojira. They destroy worlds.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 05-16-2008, 01:24 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
Soilent Green is alright and there about the closest thing to grind that I can tolerate.
I dunno.

anyway. This is what I do most of the time.
(spam-hammar)

http://www.myspace.com/broceans (oceans) - Post-Rock, Post-Death (like Pelican)?
http://www.myspace.com/latrecband (Lautrec) - Minimalist Screamo Metal?
http://www.myspace.com/enumaelis (Enuma Elis) - City of Caterpillar-like, Lots of yelling, major exploding builds of song(s?)
http://www.myspace.com/harpoonrockin4u (Harpoon) - Grind. Thrash. Like Agoraphobic Nosebleed only not as fast. Duh.

Old 05-16-2008, 02:13 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Mastodon is pretty ******* awesome. Same with Gojira. They destroy worlds.
Mastodon is killer... there from my home town, my friend actually sat down and ate dinner with Bill at his moms house. Im a little pissed i didnt get to go, i was out of town
Heres the pic:

Last edited by ImBrotherCain : 05-16-2008 at 02:15 PM.
ImBrotherCain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 03:30 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Can anyone recommend any bands? I posted all the bands i listen to in an earlier post... I like most all metal but im not a big fan of brutal death / Black Metal
One band I would definitely recommend to you would be Manowar. They are easily one of my favorite bands with one of the craziest singers you'll ever listen to. Another band you might want to check out is 3 Inches of Blood. They're not for everybody, but their style is quite different and definitely worth a listen.

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 04:06 PM    (permalink
TheGreatEscape
Veteran

TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.

Quote:
And also like I said, I hate Dragonforce. i think they are extremely overrated. They were drunk and played off time. Their singing sucked big time. I just didn't like it.
I'm sure they were. My buddy got us back stage passes for that show and Herman Lee was drunkier/higher than we were. My biggest gripe with them is that so much of their ish sounds the same, they're great f'ed up but sober I can't listen to them for long.

All that remains has been worse live ever since Fall of Idols, they used to be good now they just try and play it safe.

Have only heard Btbam at that show and was less than sober after pregaming so I'm not sure how good yhey are, sounded good but didn't blow me away.
TheGreatEscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 04:12 PM    (permalink
TheGreatEscape
Veteran

TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.

lol manowar. Not saying I don't listen to them but normally I only like them when I'm less than sober and then they're hilarious.
TheGreatEscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 04:42 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

music less than sober, lol, nice.

its the best way to listen imo. I LOOOVE Tool when im messed up. They're acceptable when i'm not but they might as well be jesus christ incarnate when im wasted
Old 05-17-2008, 10:10 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel like the only person who hates Tool.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote