Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-17-2008, 10:12 AM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentN View Post
I feel like the only person who hates Tool.
I don't hate them, but I'm definitely not a fan of theirs...So I guess I'm with you in a way.

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 11:21 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I remember some of you guys saying you loved Nevermore. I also love Nevermore; But i HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend Warrell Dane's new solo album "Praises to the war Machine"!!! Its a killer album that just came out last week.
Old 05-17-2008, 11:24 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
I remember some of you guys saying you loved Nevermore. I also love Nevermore; But i HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend Warrell Dane's new solo album "Praises to the war Machine"!!! Its a killer album that just came out last week.
Dane is fantastic...my favorite vocalist by a wide margin. I heard he was working on a solo album but didn't know it came out already. I'm going to go try to find it today
Old 05-17-2008, 11:54 AM    (permalink
TheGreatEscape
Veteran

TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.

have a lot f buddies an hate tool because thy build slowly and don't play crazy fast but Maynard is one of the best lyricists around and they are all good musicians. Count me as a big Tool fan and I can't wait for their new cd.
TheGreatEscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 12:00 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Dane is fantastic...my favorite vocalist by a wide margin. I heard he was working on a solo album but didn't know it came out already. I'm going to go try to find it today
On that same note, Loomis is working on a solo album and Nevermore is working on their next studio album which should be due out end of 08 or early 09. THis is a quote from Blabermouth.

Quote:
NEVERMORE guitarist Jeff Loomis is currently recording his solo album at the famous Robert Lang Studios in Richmond Beach, Washington with Grammy Award-winning producer/engineer Neil Kernon (NEVERMORE, CANNIBAL CORPSE, DEICIDE). They have been in the studio since March 22 and have completed the drum tracks with Mark Arrington (ex-NEVERMORE). The ambitious offering is an all-instrumental effort and is destined to shed some much deserved spotlight on the genre's most notable, yet unsung, guitar player.

Commented Loomis: "Mark completed the drums for 10 tracks in about three and a half days. He did some incredible drum work that I know will bring this record to a higher level than I expected.

"Mark and I worked before back in 1993-94 when he played half the songs on our [NEVERMORE's] debut CD.

"Being able to do this entire recording with Neil is really amazing as well. We've done some great work in the past, but being able to focus on an entire instrumental record is going to be great.

"Rhythm guitars will be tracked next."

NEVERMORE is currently working on material for the follow-up to 2005's "This Godless Endeavor", tentatively late 2008/early 2009 via Century Media Records...

NEVERMORE vocalist Warrel Dane will release his solo debut, "Praises to the War Machine", in North America on May 13 (April 28 in Europe) via Century Media Records.
Old 05-17-2008, 01:33 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

checked wal-mart, target, best buy and circuit city....no luck on finding the Dane CD......

im thinking of ordering it online, shipping it to my house, and telling my parents to pay for it as part of my birthday present, lol.
Old 05-18-2008, 01:44 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i do.

i just don't get the big deal with them. it's too droney, not enough riffy, i mean the only thing that's remotely cool is the bass and drums (sorta). the guitars and songwriting are sucky to the max.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 04:35 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
i do.

i just don't get the big deal with them. it's too droney, not enough riffy, i mean the only thing that's remotely cool is the bass and drums (sorta). the guitars and songwriting are sucky to the max.
they're boring to me. though I could say that about a wide array of bands.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 09:55 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
they're boring to me. though I could say that about a wide array of bands.
i know.
i say that a lot too... they're just not very interesting to listen to. because. they don't grove in the heart.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 01:12 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

So what did you think of the album BeerBaron?
Old 05-18-2008, 01:43 PM    (permalink
TheGreatEscape
Veteran

TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.

Tool's music isn't guitar driven like a lot of other stuff, it's different sound if it's not for then it's not for you. But I really like tool because all of the instruments compliment each other so well, and the drums n bass are highlighted, which I love. But then again I love any music that highlights good bass and percution, why I think victor wooten is arguably the best musician in the world.
Old 05-18-2008, 01:47 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatEscape View Post
But then again I love any music that highlights good bass and percution
http://youtube.com/watch?v=TG-LJVVQpDI Chris Pennie blows my mind, even if I cannot stand Coheed. The solo in this video is nuts.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 01:55 PM    (permalink
TheGreatEscape
Veteran

Quote:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=TG-LJVVQpDI Chris Pennie blows my mind, even if I cannot stand Coheed. The solo in this video is nuts.
I actually like them as long as I'm too effed up to pay attention to their singer and the lyrics.

Last edited by TheGreatEscape : 05-18-2008 at 01:58 PM.
Old 05-18-2008, 03:23 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
So what did you think of the album BeerBaron?
lovin it. im liking lucretia my reflection as my early favorite from it, but im giving them all some more listening
Old 05-18-2008, 03:24 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatEscape View Post
Tool's music isn't guitar driven like a lot of other stuff, it's different sound if it's not for then it's not for you. But I really like tool because all of the instruments compliment each other so well, and the drums n bass are highlighted, which I love. But then again I love any music that highlights good bass and percution, why I think victor wooten is arguably the best musician in the world.
danny carrey is a beast imho... i love the creepy weird percussion instruments he incorperates
Old 05-18-2008, 04:19 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Oh, Sleeper fans?
Definitely need to change the title of this thread to just metal at this point, but OH, SLEEPER is awesome. Love that band.

I do music photography and have probably shot just about every band listed so far at least once... Oh, Sleeper:

Some other random favorites of mine that I have taken:

Old 05-18-2008, 04:41 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

I saw Tony from Sonata, Alexi from COB, Vinne Paul, The Gwar guy those are all i can really place. Sweet pics Jay
Old 05-18-2008, 05:00 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Like I always say to anyone who will listen: Friends don't let friends listen to Tool.
Old 05-18-2008, 05:10 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
Like I always say to anyone who will listen: Friends don't let friends listen to Tool.
that's so cute and original.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 04:11 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

hey sweet, the thread got renamed. thanks anonymous moderator/administrator! the metal gods bestow their favor upon your
Old 05-19-2008, 05:38 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
hey sweet, the thread got renamed. thanks anonymous moderator/administrator! the metal gods bestow their favor upon your
I asked JBond to rename it :-D
Old 05-19-2008, 05:49 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
I asked JBond to rename it :-D
nice. good 'ol jbond
Old 05-19-2008, 06:53 PM    (permalink
The Dude Abides
Veteran

The Dude Abides is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dude Abides is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dude Abides is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dude Abides is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dude Abides is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dude Abides is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dude Abides is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dude Abides is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dude Abides is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dude Abides is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dude Abides is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am going to see Iron Maiden in June. I am ******* excited. I haven't seen Maiden in concert before.

www.blackmetalink.com
VOTED BEST TATTOO SHOP IN CLEVELAND
The Dude Abides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 07:01 PM    (permalink
The Dude Abides
Veteran

The Dude Abides is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dude Abides is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dude Abides is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dude Abides is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dude Abides is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dude Abides is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dude Abides is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dude Abides is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dude Abides is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dude Abides is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dude Abides is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I always kinda liked Tool, then everyone started fellating them non-stop.

www.blackmetalink.com
VOTED BEST TATTOO SHOP IN CLEVELAND
The Dude Abides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 08:16 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dude_Abides View Post
I am going to see Iron Maiden in June. I am ******* excited. I haven't seen Maiden in concert before.
I hate you. A bunch of my friends are going to see them in Chicago and I'm just really bummed about missing out on it. Damn floor tickets getting sold out within an hour.

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote