Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-19-2008, 09:35 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
Like I always say to anyone who will listen: Friends don't let friends listen to Tool.
Well put sir.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 11:46 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here is a name of a band that should be banned from metaldom.

Bronx Casket Company

If I ever hear anyone say that band is good...they shall be stuck down with a mighty Viking wielding an Axe!
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 08:33 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NO... we cant let this thread die!!! In other slightly related news i found a band that im gonna join. When we get some music up ill put it on the site for you guys to judge
Old 05-22-2008, 08:35 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
NO... we cant let this thread die!!! In other slightly related news i found a band that im gonna join. When we get some music up ill put it on the site for you guys to judge
sounds good man. what do you play in the band?
Old 05-22-2008, 08:50 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im gonna be singing lead... well sharing the lead and playing rhythm.
Old 05-22-2008, 08:51 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Im gonna be singing lead... well sharing the lead and playing rhythm.
cool, cool. never mastered an instrument myself...too impatient, lol. not much of a singing voice either....
Old 05-22-2008, 08:57 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If anyone needs a drummer let me know. ;)
Old 05-24-2008, 10:09 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentN View Post
http://youtube.com/watch?v=TG-LJVVQpDI Chris Pennie blows my mind, even if I cannot stand Coheed. The solo in this video is nuts.
he's so frickan efficient.

jesus christ.

SO. in other news. my friend took my position in my band.

because, well. i just can't do so much all the time. haha

when they get some **** really recorded, i'll give you all a link. it's good ****. i kid you not, if you like orchid, violence like ****.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 10:59 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Here is the stuff I listen to:

Opeth
Between The Buried And Me
Acid Bath
Meshuggah
Gojira
Mastodon
Dimmu Borgir
Intronaut
Isis
The Ocean
Killswitch Engage
Agalloch
Down
Every Time I Die
Glass Casket
In Flames
Protest The Hero

Those are among my favorites. There are more bands too
You sir are a bastard.... i love Protest the Hero now
Old 05-28-2008, 08:13 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

http://songerize.com/

anyone here used that before? theyre a little light on the more obscure metal but ive been using it to get through work. i just bring up lists of bands other people recommend and try typing them in.
Old 05-28-2008, 08:16 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

it's really just a cross between pandora and last.fm.

last.fm gets some real good nitty-gritty bands (see: sailboats), but, pandora's methods are more pleasing to the ears.

Old 05-28-2008, 08:38 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
http://songerize.com/

anyone here used that before? theyre a little light on the more obscure metal but ive been using it to get through work. i just bring up lists of bands other people recommend and try typing them in.

I just checked it out. Kinda wish it had a better search feature...but owell! Sometimes takes a while to find a song. Like I typed in Hatebreeder by Children of Bodom and it took a while to find. Still though pretty sweet. One thing I found interesting is I typed in the Finnish band "Lumsk" and a song came up! I was amazed!
Old 05-28-2008, 08:42 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripedWalrus View Post
I just checked it out. Kinda wish it had a better search feature...but owell! Sometimes takes a while to find a song. Like I typed in Hatebreeder by Children of Bodom and it took a while to find. Still though pretty sweet. One thing I found interesting is I typed in the Finnish band "Lumsk" and a song came up! I was amazed!
lol, Hatebreeder was one of the songs i tried while i was seeing whether this thing was worth a damn or not and i was pleasantly surprised when it worked.
Old 05-28-2008, 08:43 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

Quote:
lol, Hatebreeder was one of the songs i tried while i was seeing whether this thing was worth a damn or not and i was pleasantly surprised when it worked.
that is just amazing! It seems indeed that it is worth a damn! It is now on my toolbar
Old 05-28-2008, 08:45 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
that is just amazing! It seems indeed that it is worth a damn! It is now on my toolbar
i wasn't expecting it to work as well as it did quite honestly. i started off with some real general stuff and worked towards more and more obscure things and it kept having most of it.

i did notice it had quite a bit of megadeth yet it was seemingly missing the whole so far, so good so what album......odd
Old 05-28-2008, 08:51 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

Quote:
i wasn't expecting it to work as well as it did quite honestly. i started off with some real general stuff and worked towards more and more obscure things and it kept having most of it.

i did notice it had quite a bit of megadeth yet it was seemingly missing the whole so far, so good so what album......odd
After hearing this, the first thing I check is to see if they had Peace Sells on there. They indeed did...but!!!!!! a remastered version came up! I was disappointed. Why do they remaster things =(

checked again after posting...they did the same to symphony of destruction.
Old 05-28-2008, 08:53 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
After hearing this, the first thing I check is to see if they had Peace Sells on there. They indeed did...but!!!!!! a remastered version came up! I was disappointed. Why do they remaster things =(

checked again after posting...they did the same to symphony of destruction.
yeah, the also have random live versions of things like Metallica's Orion.

and on Bohemian Rhapsody, theres so guy singing a long with it, lol
Old 05-28-2008, 09:01 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
do you want a short answer or long answer?

Old 05-28-2008, 11:27 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
do you want a short answer or long answer?
I know the short answer... Its because they arent Metal... ... ... the long answer has to do with quantum physics...no need to go into that.
Old 05-30-2008, 12:27 AM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

well cant let this thread die...so I must say something!!!!! Anyone listen to FOlk metal?
Old 05-30-2008, 12:34 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

folk metal....cant say that ive ever heard
Old 05-30-2008, 12:37 AM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
well cant let this thread die...so I must say something!!!!! Anyone listen to FOlk metal?
I've listened to some Finntroll and definitely like some of it. Its very different though and not for every metal fan, but I'd recommend it.

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 12:41 AM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

Quote:
folk metal....cant say that ive ever heard
You prolly have heard of it just you may not realize it is Folk Metal. Folk metal may sound the same as other metal such as death or power, but it takes on a FOlk theme. Such as singing about trolls, norse gods, etc. Basically themes of Folk Lore. Some Folk metal also takes traditional instruments from various backgrounds of the Folk music they play and integrate them into Metal.

Some such Bands include:
Finntroll
Falconer
Elvinking
In Extremo
Lumsk
Troll Fest
Korpiklaani
Ensiferum
Primordial
Old 05-30-2008, 12:43 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
You prolly have heard of it just you may not realize it is Folk Metal. Folk metal may sound the same as other metal such as death or power, but it takes on a FOlk theme. Such as singing about trolls, norse gods, etc. Basically themes of Folk Lore. Some Folk metal also takes traditional instruments from various backgrounds of the Folk music they play and integrate them into Metal.

Some such Bands include:
Finntroll
Falconer
Elvinking
In Extremo
Lumsk
Troll Fest
Korpiklaani
Ensiferum
Primordial
haha, so pretty much anything that has a viking sounding band name eh? lol....

ill have to check some of them out
Old 05-30-2008, 12:44 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
I know the short answer... Its because they arent Metal... ... ... the long answer has to do with quantum physics...no need to go into that.
darn.

i was looking forward to some physics.