Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 05-15-2008, 11:24 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
I just hope Ahmad stays healthy and he can make the team. Injuries are his biggest problem now.
you and me both. and probably everyone else for that matter ha
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 07:35 AM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

BengalMedic hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

To tell you the truth, I'm getting to a point where I'm more concerned about Brooks than I am Odell. At least with Odell we know what we are going to get if and when he gets back to that level. With Brooks, we have only seen flashes. I want to see him get healthy and then have some consistency on the field. Having him learn a new LB position isn't in his favor at this point either with the groin hurting and limiting him in practice...
BengalMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 11:27 AM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalMedic View Post
To tell you the truth, I'm getting to a point where I'm more concerned about Brooks than I am Odell. At least with Odell we know what we are going to get if and when he gets back to that level. With Brooks, we have only seen flashes. I want to see him get healthy and then have some consistency on the field. Having him learn a new LB position isn't in his favor at this point either with the groin hurting and limiting him in practice...
I second that! You are entirely right about Brooks and Odell.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 04:17 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd say Brooks was HIGHLY consistent as he only had ONE real game and he was pretty dominant. Pretty high percentage IMO. Kidding aside, I am still concerned about his injuries, they really need to let this thing heal even if it means being out to start the season. Jeanty is no slouch, in fact he's just as good if not BETTER than Ahmad against the run. Ahmad must be healthy because he not only would solidify this defense/lb corps, he has the potential to be the best player on our team on either side of the ball.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 04:58 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In my eyes Jeanty was our best LB in run defense the past two seasons (that saw the field a decent amount anyway). Let Ahmad sit, however long it takes to get 100% then get those three beasts out there together.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 06:06 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Depending on the extent and type of injury, it could be one that just needs to be worked through. Stretch it, practice on it and it will heal in time. Sometimes sitting too long on an injury can make it worse. The muscles tighten and become less flexing and make future injuries more likely. If its his groin, he might just need to do a lot of extra stretching now and play through pain. He sat out a lot last year so its had plenty of rest.
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 02:59 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am sure if he is not playing when the season starts he will be working with the strength/conditioning coaches to work on stretching and all that goes with working that thing back into playing shape. Its not like he will be just sitting and letting it heal or anything like that.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 05-17-2008, 03:53 PM    (permalink
Shere Khan
Rookie

Shere Khan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Shere Khan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost33cause View Post
Who says Odell isn't ready to start now? He's been working out since Feb. with the strength coaches. Instincts are a natural thing so basically its down to learning the playbook.
http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=6787
Yeah, but that's the thing: for as many play O-Dawg made, he was out of position many, many times.

WHO DEY, ALL DEY, ERY' DEY
Shere Khan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 01:21 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll take an out of position Odell over anyone that played LB for us last year.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 03:01 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

him being out of position was somewhat overstated as well. It's expected for it to happen as a rookie and I don't think he did it that much more than your average stud rookie does.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165