Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-12-2008, 10:58 AM    (permalink
indyfan1985
Veteran

indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Rate the top NFL LTs

List off your top LTs you would want if you were building a team from scratch so obviously age will play some part in this decision.

Mine are...

1. Joe Thomas
2. Jamaal Brown
3. Marcus McNeil
4. Tony Ugoh
5. Michael Roos
6. Matt Light
7. Jake Long
8. D'brick Ferguson
9. Levi Jones
10. Levi Brown

indyfan1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 11:01 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jake Long shouldnt be one there...at all. He is even considere to be best at RT. And levi brown is a RT isnt he?

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 11:07 AM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Horrible list!

Levi Brown is a RT...and where is Walter Jones???
Old 05-12-2008, 11:08 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jason Peters should be #2.
Old 05-12-2008, 11:10 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Joe Staley baby.. Manned the Tackle position like a VET!

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 11:13 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Roos should be higher.
Old 05-12-2008, 11:16 AM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Walter Jones
2. Orlando Pace(based on his career)
3. Jason Peters
4. Joe Thomas (more to prove though)
5. Matt Light
6. Marcus McNeil
7a. Flozell Adams
7b. Jamaal Brown
9. William Thomas
10. Pick 1 of McKinnie,Samuels,Clifton,Ugoh(QB helps),David Diehl,Barnes
Maybe Next Year Millen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 11:17 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Matt Light is a little overrated because of the play of the line as a whole and having Tom Brady back there. Light can't handle speed rushers.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 11:32 AM    (permalink
my future me
Veteran

my future me hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Matt Light is a little overrated because of the play of the line as a whole and having Tom Brady back there. Light can't handle speed rushers.
Exactly, he just can't contain any speed rusher. Taylor, Feeney, Tuck, they were all across the line before he made his first step. Its pathetic actually.

What is McNeil's ranking based on his first year or his second because they're demonstrably different?
Old 05-12-2008, 11:45 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maybe Next Year Millen2 View Post
1. Walter Jones
2. Orlando Pace(based on his career)
3. Jason Peters
4. Joe Thomas (more to prove though)
5. Matt Light
6. Marcus McNeil
7a. Flozell Adams
7b. Jamaal Brown
9. William Thomas
10. Pick 1 of McKinnie,Samuels,Clifton,Ugoh(QB helps),David Diehl,Barnes
If i would build my franchise, i wouldnt choose guys that are older than 28

Old 05-12-2008, 12:10 PM    (permalink
TheGreatEscape
Veteran

TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.

1a. Michael Roos
1b. Jason Peters
3. Joe Thomas
4. Marcus McNeil
5. Levi Jones (he's been injured a lot lately but two years ago he was incredible and with a better coaching staff/organization he would revert to form)
6. D'Brickashaw(spl?) Ferguson
7. Jamal Brown
8. Bryant McKinnie
9. Tony Ugoh
10. Khalif Barnes

Last edited by TheGreatEscape : 05-12-2008 at 12:13 PM.
TheGreatEscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 12:52 PM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renji View Post
If i would build my franchise, i wouldnt choose guys that are older than 28
Its a win now league. I think Pace/Jones are the best current players by far in the NFL. GMs/coaches except for Millen(unfortuanately), only have 2-3 years to do some winning or they are on the hot seat. I'll start with Jones now and then draft a replacement in depending on when he feels like calling it quits who will be groomed by the best LT in the game.

My Right Tackle would be a young guy from the same list.

Last edited by Maybe Next Year Millen2 : 05-12-2008 at 12:58 PM.
Old 05-12-2008, 01:04 PM    (permalink
TheGreatEscape
Veteran

TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.

I'm not going to argue about Jones, even though I think Peters and Rooos are closer than you'd admit. But how can you build a team about a LT who is more likely to be hurt. Than he is to play in Pace? This guy is nearing the end of his career and will be an injury concern who demands having young replacement on hand.
Old 05-12-2008, 01:07 PM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Win now is correct, but I believe there are some guys in the NFL at LT that represent an even coverage of both worlds - top talent now, plenty of years to go. If I'm building a team, I don't think I go for a somewhat small increase in ability for a significant descrease in longevity. I mean, it's not like there aren't young LT's already playing exceptionally. Good to great is not as big a gap as young to old IMO.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 01:08 PM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatEscape View Post
I'm not going to argue about Jones, even though I think Peters and Rooos are closer than you'd admit. But how can you build a team about a LT who is more likely to be hurt. Than he is to play in Pace? This guy is nearing the end of his career and will be an injury concern who demands having young replacement on hand.

I will have a young replacement on hand. My Right Tackle will be a young guy from the list because I'm an awesome GM. LOL.

The list is which LT will you build your team on. It would be Jones/Pace because I want to win now. But also my Right Tackle will be awesome too in case of injury. Thats the key to the game.
Old 05-12-2008, 01:20 PM    (permalink
TheGreatEscape
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maybe Next Year Millen2 View Post
I will have a young replacement on hand. My Right Tackle will be a young guy from the list because I'm an awesome GM. LOL.

The list is which LT will you build your team on. It would be Jones/Pace because I want to win now. But also my Right Tackle will be awesome too in case of injury. Thats the key to the game.
The problem with that is that good oline don't just come from talent, you need guys to have chemistry and grow together totruly dominate, that's why it doesn't make sense making guys develop chemistry with someone who'll be gone in 2 years. If I had a line that had been playing together for years with this guy that's one thing but building a team around someone who'll be gone in two years doesn't sound like a good plan to me which is why I'd take the guy who's 6 years younger and is only slightly less refined.
Old 05-12-2008, 01:20 PM    (permalink
indyfan1985
Veteran

indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
Horrible list!

Levi Brown is a RT...and where is Walter Jones???
I stated this is a list of tackles who you would take if you were a team starting from scratch. Thats why I wasnt putting guys like Orlando Pace, Ogden, or Walter Jones up there because of their age.

indyfan1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 01:27 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyfan1985 View Post
I stated this is a list of tackles who you would take if you were a team starting from scratch. Thats why I wasnt putting guys like Orlando Pace, Ogden, or Walter Jones up there because of their age.
it wasnt a horrible list cause u left Pace ogden and jones of it.
Missing Jason Peters and having a RT on there as well as rookies is not a great list

Old 05-12-2008, 01:44 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Marcus McNeill
2. Jason Peters
3. Joe Thomas
4. Jamaal Brown
5. Michael Roos
6. D'Brickashaw Ferguson
7. Tony Ugoh
8. Bryant McKinnie (down here, just because of his age and personal problems)
Old 05-12-2008, 01:46 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

D'Brickashaw is getting rated awfully high based on draft position alone. He certainly didn't play well enough this past season to warrant this praise.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 01:48 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
D'Brickashaw is getting rated awfully high based on draft position alone. He certainly didn't play well enough this past season to warrant this praise.
He's learning and getting better. I'm surprised that everyone expected this guy to come in and be an All-Pro right off the bat.

He is still as talented as any LT in the league.
Old 05-12-2008, 01:58 PM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatEscape View Post
The problem with that is that good oline don't just come from talent, you need guys to have chemistry and grow together totruly dominate, that's why it doesn't make sense making guys develop chemistry with someone who'll be gone in 2 years. If I had a line that had been playing together for years with this guy that's one thing but building a team around someone who'll be gone in two years doesn't sound like a good plan to me which is why I'd take the guy who's 6 years younger and is only slightly less refined.

Well 4 out of 5 of my O-line could still be on the team providing plenty of consistency. With Jones at LT, I would go younger at both guards and Right Tackle will a be a young future Left Tackle playing Right Tackle. Center wouldn't be extremely young like the guards though. I want to win now and win later and Jones gives me the best chance at that with a young Right Tackle being groomed for left tackle. But for keeping my job winning now is the highest priority in this league. Plus you would have deal with resigning one of these young players at a LT salary. With Jones/Pace, they are playing out their career on your team for 2-3 years and you can resign the young guy at a Right Tackle salary a year before Jones/Pace retire.

This scenario is complex because it most likely will be a fantasy draft if we are picking from all these tackles. When am I picking and who is on the board. If I had a big board of LTs, the one I provided would be it. And if I think I could wait and get Jones in Round 3 of that fantasy draft(because everyone is picking younger guys early) thats a great scenario because I can pick the most imporant position of QB and get a stud DE. If your building through a new expansion team, you only get to choose from a small list of players.
Old 05-12-2008, 02:10 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Levi doesn't deserve to be on that list right now. He was REALLY bad when he came back from injury last season but injury is only thing that would hold him back from being top 5-10.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 02:27 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Top five in some order is Joe Thomas (no sacks allowed), Jason Peters, Marcus McNeill, Walter Jones, and Jamaal Brown, IMO.
Old 05-12-2008, 02:34 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
Top five in some order is Joe Thomas (no sacks allowed), Jason Peters, Marcus McNeill, Walter Jones, and Jamaal Brown, IMO.
Joe Thomas allowed 4.5 sacks. But that is still very impressive for a rook! :)