Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 05-13-2008, 04:17 AM    (permalink
lost33cause
Rookie

lost33cause hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Zimmer gives a little glimpse of what to expect

These last 2 articles by Geoff have been fairly informative which is a surpise consider some of the other recent articles. I like the way Zimmer's talking here mainly because its exactly opposite of what Bres did. I wanted a hard ass DC and it looks like we got one.

Here the link:
http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=6790
lost33cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 07:40 AM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

BengalMedic hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

You have to just love the direction Zimmer is heading in with this defense. Now if he can just translate that line of thought into the players and get production on the field !!! I love the whole, "Keep it simple stupid" line of thought. The easier things are to execute, the better the results are going to be. He's says he hates the mistakes that happen over and over again. I think he's going to have some work to do with that one. I also think this was the best line in the whole article...

Quote:
Asked if he'll bench players if the mistakes keep coming, he said, "Hopefully they won't be playing."
BengalMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 12:07 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

pretty encouraging if you ask me.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 08:35 AM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

Pretty encouraging indeed. Now if he can just get the players to buy into his philosophy we would be set...
Old 05-14-2008, 02:10 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think he will do just that. hes a hardass and will play only those who want to be there. he is just what we needed. cant wait haha
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 07:20 AM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

I have said it before and will say it again...

This is the first time in a long time that I am excited to see what this defense is capable of producing on the field. I am so sick of going into a season knowing the defense won't be worth a sh*t and this year just has a good feel to it.
Old 05-15-2008, 04:46 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ya im pretty excited too but I'm not going to send my hopes through the roof this year. I expect some growing pains and think they will only be successful if the offense is in top form.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 07:31 AM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

Oh don't get me wrong, I fully anticipate some issues with the new coaches and new scheme, but it would be hard to imagine we could get any worse and if the attitude alone improves, we are half way there. The following season is when you should really start seeing the fruits of their labor. All in all, I'm just happy to see some changes being made and am looking forward to seeing how much of an impact we will see right away.