Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 03-01-2007, 01:25 PM    (permalink
Go Cowboys
Pro Bowler

Location: Springfield, OH: Most Depressing City in the Country. Look it up
Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We draft Justin Blalock in the first round after a trade down.

Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig
Go Cowboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 01:54 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We will NOT draft Brandon Merriweather.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 07:45 PM    (permalink
DSlay4

Marcus Spears will not break out in 07, and will get cut in 08
Old 03-01-2007, 07:55 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSlay4 View Post
Marcus Spears will not break out in 07, and will get cut in 08
Eww. He's basically the same player as Luis Castillo, He should play very well under Wade.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 07:55 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kris Dielman will be a Dallas Cowboy.
Old 03-01-2007, 07:57 PM    (permalink
KILLERSANTA
Pro Bowler

KILLERSANTA hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Dallas Will draft Tank Tyler
Old 03-01-2007, 09:14 PM    (permalink
DSlay4

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Eww. He's basically the same player as Luis Castillo, He should play very well under Wade.
Spears has shown no explosion of the ball, he gets manhandled by Tackles, He's not fast, He's not strong.

What in the heaven has he shown you that makes you think he's suddenly gonna play good?
Old 03-01-2007, 09:24 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Spears has shown no explosion of the ball, he gets manhandled by Tackles, He's not fast, He's not strong.

What in the heaven has he shown you that makes you think he's suddenly gonna play good?
Marcus has shown some flashes here and there. Wade should work wonders with him... Marcus was supposed to be a 10 sack guy by his third year and he has played no where near that but, I have confidence in Wade. I dont care what his production was in Zimmer's 3-4, I'm disregarding everyone's statistics because, Zimmer didnt know what the hell he was doing. I'll wait until after this season in Phillips D to make a fair judgement on our players. An improved LB rush is only going to help our DEs and with Big Wade running the D, our Lbs should be getting to the Qb much more frequently than in years past. I say... give it one more year with Spears.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 03-01-2007, 09:28 PM    (permalink
KILLERSANTA
Pro Bowler

KILLERSANTA hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:

What he said.........I'll add to it.........

Ratliff or Hatcher Will beat out Spears
Old 03-01-2007, 09:34 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

There is no way Spears loses his job.... he's getting paid too much to be riding the pine. Not to mention Kenyon Coleman is Spears back up and Jay Ratliff is too important to the nickel defense.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 03-31-2007, 11:24 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tony Romo will not sign a big contract with the Dallas Cowboys before 2008. I might even go as far to say Tony Romo won't be the QB in Dallas in 2008...but that depends on how far we go. If we go past the first round in the playoff...we'll be in Jan 2008 and I could see us working out a deal...however no way Tony gets paid before...and if he doesn't meet our expectations...which are quite high for him...he will be replaced.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 01:46 AM    (permalink
Veteran

22,895 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

We will Draft a Dwayne Jarrett in the First Round. Jarrett has a rare season for a Wide Receiver as he will get 69 Receptions 1072 for an Average of 15.5 and he will Catch 7 TDs. Glenn will battle injury. Owens gets 84 Receptions for 1100 for a 13.0 Average and 15 TDs. Julius will have a break out year and prove all the haters wrong with about 1200 Yards Rushing. Romo will throw 29 TDs. The Warewolf will have more Sacks than Merriman because Merriman will get injured by week 5 since he will be clean and off steroids. We will go 12-4 and beat the Seahawks in the Division Round. Then we will beat the Eagles in the Conference Round and we will Win the Super Bowl and have more Super Bowls than every single team in the NFL.
22,895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 11:11 AM    (permalink
mtmock
Rookie

mtmock needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22,895 View Post
WE WILL DRAFT DWAYNE JARRETT IN THE FIRST ROUND. Jarrett has a rare season for a Wide Receiver as he will get 69 Receptions 1072 for an Average of 15.5 and he will Catch 7 TDs. Glenn will battle injury. Owens gets 84 Receptions for 1100 for a 13.0 Average and 15 TDs. Julius will have a break out year and prove all the haters wrong with about 1200 Yards Rushing. Romo will throw 29 TDs. The Warewolf will have more Sacks than Merriman because Merriman will get injured by week 5 since he will be clean and off steroids. We will go 12-4 and beat the Seahawks in the Division Round. Then we will beat the Eagles in the Conference Round and we will Win the Super Bowl and have more Super Bowls than every single team in the NFL.
I love it, especially every thing that involves jarrett

Dallas Cowboys 07-08 Superbowl CHAMPS!
mtmock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 12:23 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see how Julius has a breakout year...when that is about how much he rushed for this year...I found that funny.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 04-01-2007, 12:26 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.

DeMarcus Ware has over 20 sacks. Wade knows he is a freak, and a better athlete than Merriman. Watch out NFL.
Achilles33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 07:40 PM    (permalink
FloridaFootball
Veteran

FloridaFootball hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.FloridaFootball hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Every Single person who posted some insane prediction is a HUGE homer. F u cowboy homers
Old 10-17-2007, 05:31 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Fun to look back.

How close were you?

Looks like I was wrong about McCauley...but I was being bold at the time. I downplayed JJ breaking out...look to be right.

I also went bold with Romo saying we wouldn't get him to a deal till after the year and that looks to be about correct. I said he would be replaced if he didn't meet expectations...I think it's safe to say he has met them.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 10-17-2007, 05:42 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ha. God we are awful at predictions.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 10:22 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wasn't far off. I predicted Witten would be the offensive MVP because Glenn and TO would be injured. I'm pretty close. Romo or Barber is the real MVP, but Witten has been huge this year, and Glenn is hurt.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 10:34 PM    (permalink
Primetime21
Veteran

Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post

I also went bold with Romo saying we wouldn't get him to a deal till after the year and that looks to be about correct. I said he would be replaced if he didn't meet expectations...I think it's safe to say he has met them.
Knowing Jerry Jones and his history with big contracts that isnt a bold statement what so ever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
players intsimy latieres are sutpdi. the players areat all unituw/ o dpmt ebem aer about wat the lpater aare calling themeslves of whatever, terhera will Its sutpid/ neever be anothe said playerm. rscj p;syhyrt uniyeee, snf rhyrtrgotr, each player autntiwue for each syste,. /
Alcohol+Draft Forum= Fneuniest timez evverzzz
Primetime21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 10:37 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primetime21 View Post
Knowing Jerry Jones and his history with big contracts that isnt a bold statement what so ever.
Actually going into the year quite a few people though he would get his contract before the year started since we essentially passed on Quinn...he was our QB. Also we had to worry about getting the price driven up if we waited and gave him one after a great year. So it was somewhat bold actually.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 10-17-2007, 11:12 PM    (permalink
Primetime21
Veteran

Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
Actually going into the year quite a few people though he would get his contract before the year started since we essentially passed on Quinn...he was our QB. Also we had to worry about getting the price driven up if we waited and gave him one after a great year. So it was somewhat bold actually.
The way he handled Emmitt Smtih and Michael Irvins contract, I would think the Tony Romo's contract will be a long and brutal process. That being said I may be talking out of my ass.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
players intsimy latieres are sutpdi. the players areat all unituw/ o dpmt ebem aer about wat the lpater aare calling themeslves of whatever, terhera will Its sutpid/ neever be anothe said playerm. rscj p;syhyrt uniyeee, snf rhyrtrgotr, each player autntiwue for each syste,. /
Alcohol+Draft Forum= Fneuniest timez evverzzz
Primetime21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 11:47 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

HA Ha ha.. This is great. That's why I made this thing. To look back and laugh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Draft wish:
I want Reggie Nelson, DeMarcus Tyler and Mason Crosby.
Good thing we got Hamlin cause we never had a chance at Nelson.
Tyler... :( Still wish we had him.
Crosby??? OMG. (Pre-combine I might add)

Quote:
Daymeion Hughes will be one of the steals of this draft. Here's hoping we get him!
Yet to be determined.

Quote:
We will NOT draft Brandon Merriweather.
Called it. Big whoop, I know...

Quote:
Kris Dielman will be a Dallas Cowboy.
Wrong! I really though Wade would do something to bring him here... then again no one had a chance as SAN locked him up early.
Old 10-18-2007, 01:26 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Just a side note...there are all kinds of things with predictions and whatnot way back. I didn't bring them all up cuz I didn' twant us to have to deal with the clutter...but if anyone has free time it's great to look back in this type of stuff.

Designs by me
Quote: