Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-15-2008, 10:26 PM    (permalink
TheGreatEscape
Veteran

TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.
Default Best Defense in 2008-09

Who do people think are going to be the best defenses of the 08-09 season? I've got the vikings, giants, chargers, ravens and iggles will have the 5 best d's this season.

Vikes great DTs finally have a force on the outside, good LBs and an improved secondary.

Giants pass rush one them a superbowl, our d figures to be better this year with spags' system more refined, our young players having stepped up, more young talent at LB and DB, and Kiwi back. This D is very aggressive and versatile.

Chargers have enormous talent, they need to stay aggressive with the play calling and their d will be imposing.

Ravens have a good system and a lot of talent, Washington really helps them with CB depth.

The eagles have a very good young D that will bring heat and has a great secondary.

Who do you guys have at the top?
TheGreatEscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 10:27 PM    (permalink
Aftermath
Veteran

Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.

Stillers over the Eagirls.

Sig by yours truly.
Aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 10:29 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's hard to not say the Vikings, I picked them to have one of the best defenses last year also, two incredible mammoth DT's that plug the run game, and they create lots of turnovers and turn them into lots of points...And this was all before Jared Allen, so yea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 10:32 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ravens are looking good for next year but they have to stay healthy. the return of a health Pryce, Rolle, McAllister and the addition of Washington helps with depth because our backup corners were awful.

Quote:
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 10:33 PM    (permalink
TheGreatEscape
Veteran

TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aftermath View Post
Stillers over the Eagirls.
IMO the difference between the eagles secondary and the steelers is significant bigger than the difference between their front 7s. I really like the eagles cline and think their LBs will be great fits in that scheme one day.
Old 05-15-2008, 10:35 PM    (permalink
TheGreatEscape
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
Ravens are looking good for next year but they have to stay healthy. the return of a health Pryce, Rolle, McAllister and the addition of Washington helps with depth because our backup corners were awful.
Washington could definately step in for Rolle if he goes down again.
Old 05-15-2008, 10:36 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watch this thread turn into a "how good will your teams defense be this year" thread lol.

Quote:
Old 05-15-2008, 10:40 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can we just lock the entire NFL page until the season starts?

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 10:44 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To be perfectly honest, probably the Jets.
Old 05-15-2008, 10:46 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not ready to say the Vikes will jump all the way to the league's best defense. Too big a jump imo, even with Leslie Frazier at work and the addition of Jared Allen.

I'd sooner pick the Colts to repeat, homer pick or not. They dealt with injury last year and still finished #1, plus the oldest guy on defense is Raheem Brock and he's only 29.
Old 05-15-2008, 10:46 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
To be perfectly honest, probably the Jets.
I was just gonna post that as my sleeper defense. Top 5 imo.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 10:48 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jets are a defensive lineman and a corner away from Mangenius' fully-fledged defense imo. But they are getting there so much, things are on the upswing.
Old 05-15-2008, 10:51 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Bucs always end up near the top. We picked up some much needed LB and secondary depth. As well as a big improvement at LDE, along with the fact taht Gaines and Tanard will be a year younger, I expect us to be near the top once again. As for best defence( Not top ranked) I really think the Steelers will have the best defence, I expect Lamarr woodley to do great
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 10:55 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.

Eagles (no homer)

that is all I have to say
eaglesfan_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 10:56 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
The Bucs always end up near the top. We picked up some much needed LB and secondary depth. As well as a big improvement at LDE, along with the fact taht Gaines and Tanard will be a year younger, I expect us to be near the top once again. As for best defence( Not top ranked) I really think the Steelers will have the best defence, I expect Lamarr woodley to do great
Damn. I wish our star players aged backwards.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 10:58 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
Damn. I wish our star players aged backwards.
How easily you have forgotten Brett Favre
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 11:00 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

I like what the Jets D is going to accomplish if Jenkins is healthy, he's going to plug up that middle and free up guys like Gholston and Pace to get after the QB, Revis should take that next jump towards being a lockdown guy, and Rhodes is still the playmaker back there...Jenkins probably wont get much credit, but if he is healthy that defense is going to be good and he will be a big reason why.

I really wanted Dallas to give up something to bring him in.

Quote:
Old 05-15-2008, 11:06 PM    (permalink
TheGreatEscape
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
I'm not ready to say the Vikes will jump all the way to the league's best defense. Too big a jump imo, even with Leslie Frazier at work and the addition of Jared Allen.

I'd sooner pick the Colts to repeat, homer pick or not. They dealt with injury last year and still finished #1, plus the oldest guy on defense is Raheem Brock and he's only 29.
The vikes Achilles heel was a lack of a pass rush. Allen is not only one of the best DEs in the league, but he'll also help the DEs already on the roster. Plus they're a lot better at safety.

Colts will have a good D but I don't think they're top 5 this year. If they're I didn't keep them out of bad situations as well as they did that D has some holes that would be exposed, so they may be top statistically but I don't think they'll be one of 5 best Ds on Sundays.

The jets with that line? I like Gholston's potential and the addition of pace but I don't think they're top this year. In a year when Pace is completely integrated, we see how Jenkins reacts to being the nose, they add a DE and Gholston adjusts to the NFL they'll be very good.
Old 05-15-2008, 11:12 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

If Terdell Sands plays well Oakland could be up there.
Old 05-15-2008, 11:17 PM    (permalink
kmartin575
Veteran

kmartin575 needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
If Terdell Sands plays well Oakland could be up there.
Not likely.
kmartin575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 11:19 PM    (permalink
Yung Flippa
Veteran

Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Baltimore will be in the Top 5...without a doubt...if we stay healthy.

Baltimore: 7-4
Yung Flippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 11:37 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Texans I expect will be top 5 against the run, but with our situation at CB and safety pass defense will probably keep the Texans out of the top 10.

The Eagles have a good shot if the LB's gel, the only area of concern I have with the Eagles is safety. That position may hold the team back, it all depends on Dawkins.

My top 5 defenses for 08-09:
Minnesota Vikings, Jacksonville Jaguars, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Baltimore Ravens, San Diego Chargers

Sleeper: 49ers
Old 05-16-2008, 12:08 AM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think people are sleeping on the Bears they dealt with a ton of injuries last year that really took a toll on the defense. I don't think they will return to absolute dominance, but I could easily see them being one of the top defenses in the game once again.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 12:10 AM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Jets are a defensive lineman and a corner away from Mangenius' fully-fledged defense imo. But they are getting there so much, things are on the upswing.
Yep.

Our D has the potential to be pretty scary next year.

I'm still wondering why we passed on Dre Moore in the 4th...not that Lowery won't be worth it in the end.
SenorGato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 12:18 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chiefs Duhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote