Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-17-2008, 11:28 AM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scar988 View Post
yes, but why play a guy either out of position or in a rotation when you got him in the first?
Well think of it this way.

If Strahan holds out, Justin Tuck is going to start and Kiwanuka will still be out of position.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 12:18 PM    (permalink
TheGreatEscape
Veteran

TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post

If Strahan holds out, Justin Tuck is going to start and Kiwanuka will still be out of position.
With how much Spags moves people around our defense is "playing out of position" half the time, but the beauty of it is he puts everyone in position to take advantage of their strengths.
TheGreatEscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 05:18 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
Why waste the money on him to play one or two more years?
His leadership cannot be measured with stats. He is still one of the best DEs in the game, and the stability he brings to the lockerroom is critical to our success. He also is great at mentoring our young guys. Every team needs a Michael Strahan.

As for the contract, he'll come back for less than that. Its obvious to me at least he's coming back, the Giants have said theyre willing to give him more money, he's set his price (which won't be given), the Giants will return with 6 mill instead of the 4 he's getting now, and he'll eventually sign that contract. Its business, theyre playing their games right now.

Ill be shocked if Strahan retires.
Old 05-17-2008, 09:04 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Because he won't be starting? Did you not pay attention to the playoffs last year? Kiwanuka will play, and he will play a lot.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 09:19 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Because he won't be starting?
No he won't. Justin Tuck last year had 65 tackles, 10 sacks and was one of the forces that made the Giants defense work.

And he started 2 games. Including the playoffs.
Old 05-17-2008, 09:25 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No he won't. Justin Tuck last year had 65 tackles, 10 sacks and was one of the forces that made the Giants defense work.

And he started 2 games. Including the playoffs.
Not what I meant. Let me rephrase.

"Kiwanuka will still be out of position"

I asked if you meant he will be out of position because he won't start. DE is a position where "starting" really is more of a title for show with how often they get rotated. Therefore Kiwanuka won't be "out of position".
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 09:42 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Not what I meant. Let me rephrase.

"Kiwanuka will still be out of position"

I asked if you meant he will be out of position because he won't start. DE is a position where "starting" really is more of a title for show with how often they get rotated. Therefore Kiwanuka won't be "out of position".
Well, what I mean is.....

If Michael Strahan isn't there, Justin Tuck becomes the starting defensive end and Kiwanuka will remain a starting linebacker. This was out of a response to scar saying or at the least suggesting that Strahan not being there would allow Kiwanuka to start at his natural DE position.
Old 05-17-2008, 11:39 PM    (permalink
TheGreatEscape
Veteran

TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.

Your forgetting the fact that Spags moves people around so much that with strahan there or not kiwi will be getting reps with his hand down and up.
Old 05-18-2008, 02:28 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldnt say Kiwi at LB is really out of position. Even when he was a rookie in Lewis's defense he frequently dropped back into coverage as a DE and picked off 2 passes. He is a finesse pass rusher, he can't really take on a double team very well. So by dropping him back a few yards, we play to his strengths in how he is athletic, decent in coverage, quicker with less power to him, and good in the open field as far as tackling.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 05:43 PM    (permalink
TheGreatEscape
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
I wouldnt say Kiwi at LB is really out of position. Even when he was a rookie in Lewis's defense he frequently dropped back into coverage as a DE and picked off 2 passes. He is a finesse pass rusher, he can't really take on a double team very well. So by dropping him back a few yards, we play to his strengths in how he is athletic, decent in coverage, quicker with less power to him, and good in the open field as far as tackling.
Kiwi's one of my favorite giants players because of his potential, but his coverage isn't a strength, for a DE he was good and caused confusion, as a LB he's below average.

spags played kiwi up near the line a lot to keephim out of coverage. Kiwi has the atheticism, explosiveness, long arms pass rushing skill to be one of the league's best, but he's gotta get smarter against the run and more comfortable in coverage. He plays LB and DE in our scheme and I think with some refinement he'll be a great DE/OLB hybrid for us, similar to how Tuck is a great UT/DE hybrid for us. It's that versatility that spags uses so well and something we'd lose if he left, although I hope the cards let Pendergast go for a more traditional 3-4 co-ordinator because he also does a great job moving people around and using a lot of different packages.
Old 05-18-2008, 05:46 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatEscape View Post
Kiwi's one of my favorite giants players because of his potential, but his coverage isn't a strength, for a DE he was good and caused confusion, as a LB he's below average.

spags played kiwi up near the line a lot to keephim out of coverage. Kiwi has the atheticism, explosiveness, long arms pass rushing skill to be one of the league's best, but he's gotta get smarter against the run and more comfortable in coverage. He plays LB and DE in our scheme and I think with some refinement he'll be a great DE/OLB hybrid for us, similar to how Tuck is a great UT/DE hybrid for us. It's that versatility that spags uses so well and something we'd lose if he left, although I hope the cards let Pendergast go for a more traditional 3-4 co-ordinator because he also does a great job moving people around and using a lot of different packages.
if we lose spags after this season, thats the guy thats #1 on my list to replace him.
Old 05-18-2008, 05:51 PM    (permalink
TheGreatEscape
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
if we lose spags after this season, thats the guy thats #1 on my list to replace him.
My subjective ranking of the league's DCs starts:
Spags
Pendergast
Rob Ryan
Rex Ryan
Old 05-18-2008, 05:56 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just my opinion, but he really needs to cut the whole "I've earned it" thing, man up, and get his ass to training camp like everyone else.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 05:59 PM    (permalink
budlitebrad
Rookie

budlitebrad hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Give him 5 and he'll take it. It's not like he'll be offered more than that for a TV deal.
"No, goddammit! We do NOT pull in and fill up. And I'll tell you exactly why we don't. I don't buy one goddam drop of gas in the state of Michigan! We'll coast and PUSH this goddam car to the Ohio line before I give this state a nickel of my money!"
budlitebrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 06:10 PM    (permalink
TheGreatEscape
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by budlitebrad View Post
Give him 5 and he'll take it. It's not like he'll be offered more than that for a TV deal.
The problem isn't money, the problem is old man strahan needs a walker 3 days a week after games to recover enough to play the next game, so he really doesn't want to do two a days, like really badly doesn't want to, see he'll "hold out", pay his fines and get back into thegame with our young DEs getting more reps in TC.

Last edited by TheGreatEscape : 05-18-2008 at 06:12 PM.
Old 05-18-2008, 06:57 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I always liked him as a player, but off the field, I hate the guy. I still remember, when Tiki called him out, before Tiki went Hollywood on us, with his new fame. And that caused a stir in the offseason when our DT ripped Tiki a new one. Tiki basically called Strahan selfish and greedy.

I say give 6 million max, and if he wants to take it, good, or seeya later, go retire, thanks for your service for 15 seasons.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 08:49 PM    (permalink
Hwoarang
Veteran

Hwoarang is a cocksman.Hwoarang is a cocksman.Hwoarang is a cocksman.

They wouldn't just keep Tuck at DT and put MK at DE?
Tuck was nothing short of dominant at DT.
Hwoarang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 09:01 PM    (permalink
TheGreatEscape
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hwoarang View Post
They wouldn't just keep Tuck at DT and put MK at DE?
Tuck was nothing short of dominant at DT.
We would do that in certain package but you have to remember Tuck wasn't everydown DT but rather a situational player there, so he would start and still play DT in certain packages.
Old 05-18-2008, 09:03 PM    (permalink
Hwoarang
Veteran

Hwoarang is a cocksman.Hwoarang is a cocksman.Hwoarang is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatEscape View Post
We would do that in certain package but you have to remember Tuck wasn't everydown DT but rather a situational player there, so he would start and still play DT in certain packages.
Ahh ok I wasn't sure if he was a situational DT or not. So does MK play LB or DE?
Hwoarang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 10:36 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ahh ok I wasn't sure if he was a situational DT or not. So does MK play LB or DE?
That's a question alot of fans are asking. I am guessing he may go to DE, but still not sure what's going to happen. I am sure we will coaches and the GM would have to meet and evaluate all this once Strahan retires.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 12:37 PM    (permalink
TheGreatEscape
Veteran

Quote:
Kiwi will probably start at LB, I'm pretty sure Strahan will be back, but with spags moving people around Kiwi will get his snaps on the line as well incertain packages.