Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-18-2008, 08:24 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
Honestly Id like to see a reasoning for this.Why is Denver capable of getting .500 and Oakland isnt?
denver is denver and oakland is oakland, thats why.

i think oakland will struggle on offense as they grow and that will hold them back a bit. i just don't see .500 for them...improved yes, but idk about .500.

as for denver, cutler will be fine and someone will rush for 1000 yards. (i say someone because it literally could be anyone on their roster.....) and they have champ who is one of the best at CB, and they still have DJ and a good veteran leader in John Lynch on defense.

i don't think denver will be a great team but they'll be sneaky not-bad.
Old 05-18-2008, 10:05 PM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post

i think oakland will struggle on offense as they grow and that will hold them back a bit. i just don't see .500 for them...improved yes, but idk about .500.

as for denver, cutler will be fine and someone will rush for 1000 yards. (i say someone because it literally could be anyone on their roster.....) and they have champ who is one of the best at CB, and they still have DJ and a good veteran leader in John Lynch on defense.

If that is your argument for Denver then.

Jamarcus will probably be fine since his receivers are looking good this season wtih Drew Carter and Javon Walker among others, and an offensive line wtih another year under a top notch system. Fargas, McFadden and Bush probably will run for over 1500 yards combined and we have Nnamdi and DeAngelo, both top-5 or top-10 corners in the league and we have added Edgerton Hartwell and still have Thomas Howard and Kirk Morrison. Plus we will move Huff to FS and Gibril will play SS.

Just saying that that is sort of a weak argument for Denver going against Oakland.
Old 05-18-2008, 10:08 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xonraider View Post

Jamarcus will probably be fine since his receivers are looking good this season wtih Drew Carter and Javon Walker among others, and an offensive line wtih another year under a top notch system. Fargas, McFadden and Bush probably will run for over 1500 yards combined and we have Nnamdi and DeAngelo, both top-5 or top-10 corners in the league and we have added Edgerton Hartwell and still have Thomas Howard and Kirk Morrison. Plus we will move Huff to FS and Gibril will play SS.

Just saying that that is sort of a weak argument for Denver going against Oakland.
denver is just more proven is what im trying to get at.
Old 05-18-2008, 10:16 PM    (permalink
Kurve
Veteran

Kurve hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Kurve hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:

I think denver will regress big time this year due to there lack of defense i think Denver will be the worst team in the division, KC will be 3rd in the divison, Oakland will be 2nd ......only one making it to the playoffs in this division will be Chargers.

I also dont think Denver's running game is that good anymore, defense will struggle especially when they have to face LT,LJ,DMAC/Fargas 2times a year i think it will be tough on them to even make 500

As for my predictions
(d) - Divison Champ
(w) - Wildcard

AFC EAST
1.Patriots (d)
2.Jets
3.Bills
4.Dophins

AFC NORTH
1.Steelers (d)
2.Browns (x)
3.Ravens
4.Bengals

AFC SOUTH
1.Jaguars (d)
2.Colts (x)
3.Texans
4.Titans

AFC WEST
1.Chargers (d)
2.Raiders
3.Chiefs
4.Broncos

NFC EAST
1.Cowboys (d)
2.Giants (x)
3.Redskins
4.Eagles

NFC NORTH
1.Vikings (d)
2.Packers (x)
3.Lions
4.Bears

NFC SOUTH
1.Saints (d)
2.Buc's
3.Panthers
4.Falcons

NFC WEST
1.Rams (d)
2.Cardinals
3.Seahawks
4.49ers

Superbowl

Chargers vs. Cowboys

Chargers win 30-17
Kurve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 10:32 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xonraider View Post

That might make more sense if Russel has played as many snaps as Cutler has, but he hasn't, and nobody, even Raiders fans know how he will play...It' virtually an unknown, so I don't know why Raiders fans want people to give them this huge increase in the standings so fast...You still don't have a LT and I don't like Russel as much without time to throw.

Stopping the run was a problem last year that I don't see fixed either, if you can't consistently stop the run I can't see 8-9 wins yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 12:50 AM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Denver's run defense is pretty bad to not as bad as ours but still pretty awful.Were ranked 32nd and they're ranked 31st in y/c.
The difference between Oaklands defense and Denvers defense is quite large though.
While both teams have good good CBs.The Raiders have much better safeties. John Lynch is decent in run support but is a liability in coverage.
DJ Williams is pretty good but Oakland has a much better LB core.

Denver will probably have a good running game this year.They usually do.Cutler will probably be ok. Scheffler and Marshall are good targets but he did lose Walker and Lepsis though.I understand they drafted Clady but hes just a rookie.So hes an unknown.

Its true we dont know how Russell will play.But all the reports that have been true about him seem to be pretty positive.Hes been working hard this offseason. Another thing is the Oline.Although the Oline allowed 72 sacks in 06 that number dropped to 41 sacks in 07.This will also will be the 2nd year that our oline has had the same system and the same coach for a while. they will improve. Another thing is that in what litttle playing time Russell had last year he did show some pretty good pocket presence was mobile and bought time.I understand that Kwame Harris will be our LT but its not like Barry Sims was anything special.Kwame is still young and more athletic than Sims was.He could be a little bit better than Sims.Cable is a great oline coach.

If Terdell Sands can play well for us then we could easily be 8-8. He didnt play well last year but a couple of his close family members did die.So that probably didnt help.If the Titans last year could make it to the playoffs because of a good running game and a good defense with pretty much no passing game then we could make it to 8-8 this year.Maybe a little bit better.
Old 05-19-2008, 01:01 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

5-11..... noooooo i think we will go 7-9

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Carr to Cooper in 2015

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 01:30 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quick thoughts on the AFC:

East

Patriots are going to win a lot of games, with their schedule. Anything less than 14-2, maybe 13-3, would be a surprise really - if not potentially 15-1 or thereabouts. And that's bad news for the rest of the AFC, there isn't a tougher task in the NFL than trying to beat Belichick at home in the playoffs.

I also like a wild card team to come from the East. I'd love for the Bills to make the playoffs, but it could very well be the Jets.

South
Colts have a tough schedule, their games this season against the Pats and Chargers could mean a great deal as potential tiebreakers down the line. Assuming they can win enough games with those two teams (and their easier schedules) for that to be the case.

I definitely like the Jags to get back to the playoffs as a wild card team. Garrard gives them stability to be consistent.

West
Chargers will be either the #2 or #3 seed, honestly. I don't think a rival can take the crown over them, we'll see. The bigger problem with the Raiders defense is Rob Ryan than the talent imo.

North
Given their tough schedules this year, we could very well see only the division winner make it to the playoffs. And I'd probably go with the improved Browns there.
Old 05-19-2008, 01:59 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesfan_45 View Post
Panthers aren't going to be in a good posistion, too many injury prone players. With a rookie Tackle protecting an injury prone one-dimensional pocket thrower in Delhomme, he will get hit alot. Delhomme + being hit = bad
We went 7-9 with david carr at QB and no production at all from the defensive line and no receiver outside of steve smith.

We get back our QB, we sign two receivers who though not all pro's or perfect are better and more productive than the two we had last year behind steve smith.

We get a much better offensive line, bring in new pass rushing threats and improve the defensive line rotation.

We've got a far easier schedule.

I'm not saying the Panthers are superbowl bound, but if Delhomme stays healthy the team will be better than 8-8. That's after we lost some games by less than a TD last year.

7-9 with no QB, no pass rush and no receivers is a good record when you really get right down to it. Easy schedule and improvements across the board = more wins.

Week 1- @ Chargers- L- Chargers were brilliant last year
Week 2- vs. Bears- W - I can't see us losing to a team with no offensive threats that are better than what we've got on D
Week 3- @ Vikings- L- Lets just go with the team who was better last year getting a lucky win
Week 4- vs. Atlanta- W- Rookie QB and no more Hall to cover smith
Week 5- vs. Chiefs- W- Young team
Week 6- @ Buccaneers- W We almost always split the division with Buccs
Week 7- vs. Saints- W - Always split with NO
Week 8- vs. Cardinals- W- Win a close one
Week 9- Bye
Week 10- @ Raiders- W - Raiders have a young inexperienced QB and though they've got weapons were still a poor team last year. Vikings got the W based on last year, panthers get it this time.
Week 11- vs. Lions- W- Its the LIONS
Week 12- @ Falcons- W - See above.
Week 13- @ Packers- L- Agree, Pack is still a powerhouse team.
Week 14- vs. Buccaneers- L-Split division
Week 15- vs. Broncos- W - They were bad last year, even if Cutler improves that Defense is still porous on the ground.
Week 16- @ NY Giants- L - Reigning champs get the vote.
Week 17- @ Saints- L- Split the division.

That's a record of 10-6 based on the Panthers beating teams they were better than last year and losing to teams that were better than the Panthers last year.

Traditionally the Panthers are very good in their division and this would actually be a low record for inter divisional match ups under Fox.

The only games here that might be changed imo are the broncos, Minnesota, and a divisional game here or there.

8-8 would be a disaster in this schedule with the team the Panthers have.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 02:12 AM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, I don't think I've seen one prediction of the Titans better than 4th in the AFC South. Yikes. Talk about the sexy bad pick.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 02:20 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzTitan View Post
Wow, I don't think I've seen one prediction of the Titans better than 4th in the AFC South. Yikes. Talk about the sexy bad pick.
The Titans really aren't that good. They have a good running game, but their season really depends on the development of Vince Young as a passer (where have we heard this story before?). I think the addition of Alge Crumpler is being overrated by the fans in hope that they can talk themselves into believing this guy will actually make a difference.

I see them getting to .500, but anything more than that will be icing on the cake for me. I'm not expecting big things from this team. Especially in that division. The second toughest division in football. If Matt Schaub can stay healthy all season i can see the Texans finally getting out of the cellar of the AFC south.
Old 05-19-2008, 02:29 AM    (permalink
Cunningham
Rookie

Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurve View Post
I think denver will regress big time this year due to there lack of defense i think Denver will be the worst team in the division, KC will be 3rd in the divison, Oakland will be 2nd ......only one making it to the playoffs in this division will be Chargers.

I also dont think Denver's running game is that good anymore, defense will struggle especially when they have to face LT,LJ,DMAC/Fargas 2times a year i think it will be tough on them to even make 500
why the hell would denver regress 'big time'? we have a franchise quarterback in cutler who has the ability to carry this team. all things considered he had a good season last year. now he has a full seasons worth of starting experience under his belt and he's learned what caused his weight loss and how to deal it. he'll also have better protection as ryan clady is an immediate upgrade over the performance lepsis gave last season. i would be disappointed if he doesn't establish himself as a top ten qb in the league.

our run defense was embarrasing last season. i don't expect a total turn around but they should be improved regardless. we acquired robertson, and more importantly, our young talent on the defensive line such as thomas, crowder, and moss all received a good amount of playing time last season.

again, how the hell do you have us ranked last in the division? the chiefs are in rebuilding mode. sure they got a lot of big names in the draft but those guys will help them down the road, not so much next season. the raiders have a guy as their quarterback with nearly zero starting experience and are still weak in the trenches. barring an injury to cutler there's very little chance denver finishes last in the division or even regresses.
Old 05-19-2008, 02:31 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

oh come on guys, 1-15 for the lions? I know I know we're not very good but come on! We're not as poor as the Dolphins were last year.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 04:37 AM    (permalink
Kurve
Veteran

Kurve hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Kurve hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunningham View Post
why the hell would denver regress 'big time'? we have a franchise quarterback in cutler who has the ability to carry this team. all things considered he had a good season last year. now he has a full seasons worth of starting experience under his belt and he's learned what caused his weight loss and how to deal it. he'll also have better protection as ryan clady is an immediate upgrade over the performance lepsis gave last season. i would be disappointed if he doesn't establish himself as a top ten qb in the league.

our run defense was embarrasing last season. i don't expect a total turn around but they should be improved regardless. we acquired robertson, and more importantly, our young talent on the defensive line such as thomas, crowder, and moss all received a good amount of playing time last season.

again, how the hell do you have us ranked last in the division? the chiefs are in rebuilding mode. sure they got a lot of big names in the draft but those guys will help them down the road, not so much next season. the raiders have a guy as their quarterback with nearly zero starting experience and are still weak in the trenches. barring an injury to cutler there's very little chance denver finishes last in the division or even regresses.

I just see this team having a down season ... with lynch showing his age and i think bailey is gonna regress even more this coming season and the lack of size up front i see this defense losing many games for this team. Plus on the offense of side i think there belief of just putting anyone in the HB position and being successful will bite them in the ass i dont think they will have that great of a running game next year. Although i do believe they will rush over 1000 yards for the season it will be there high point of this offense but it wont be at the dominant level as it was in the past for them. Cutler hasnt proven anything yet that says he can take an offense all on his shoulders and win games yet they might have some hope with Marshall if he keeps up with what he did last year but i just see this team struggling this year mainly due to its defense. 4 wins mayb 5 and im going out on a limb to say this team might have a coaching change in the next 2 - 3 years

As for the chiefs i think they will do better then the broncos but still be struggling as they did last year i dont think many of there rookies will be as much of an impact as people may think i think the only one that will be immediate impact will be dorsey but i only see 4 - 6 wins with them as well.

Last edited by Kurve : 05-19-2008 at 04:40 AM.
Kurve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 05:09 AM    (permalink
The Dude Abides
Veteran

The Dude Abides is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dude Abides is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dude Abides is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dude Abides is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dude Abides is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dude Abides is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dude Abides is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dude Abides is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dude Abides is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dude Abides is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dude Abides is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

AFC EAST
New England(13-3)
N.Y. Jets(9-7)
Buffalo(5-11)
Miami(4-12)

AFC WEST
San Diego(12-4)
Denver(7-9)
Kansas City(5-11)
Oakland(5-11)

AFC NORTH
Cleveland(12-4)
Pittsburgh(9-7)
Cincinnati(6-10)
Baltimore(5-11)

AFC SOUTH
Indianapolis(13-3)
Jacksonville(11-5)
Houston(10-6)
Tennessee(5-11)

NFC

NFC EAST
Philadelphia(12-4)
Dallas(10-6)
N.Y. Giants(8-8)
Washington(7-9)

NFC SOUTH
New Orleans(9-7)
Carolina(8-8)
Tampa Bay(6-10)
Atlanta(2-14)

NFC WEST
Seattle(9-7)
San Fransisco(9-7)
St. Louis(7-9)
Arizona(5-11)

NFC NORTH
Green Bay(11-5)
Minnesota(9-7)
Chicago(8-8)
Detroit(5-11)

PLAYOFFS

WILD CARD
Houston @ Cleveland
Jacksonville @ San Diego
San Fransisco @ New Orleans
Dallas @ Seattle

DIVISIONAL ROUND
Cleveland @ New England
Jacksonville @ Indianapolis
Seattle @ Green Bay
New Orleans @ Philadelphia

CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP
Cleveland @ Indianapolis
Seattle @ Philadelphia

SUPER BOWL[/center]
Indianapolis Vs. Philadelphia

SUPER BOWL CHAMPS

Indianapolis

I believe that's 256 wins. Tell me if I messed anything up, or if you just wanna argue.

www.blackmetalink.com
VOTED BEST TATTOO SHOP IN CLEVELAND

Last edited by The Dude Abides : 05-19-2008 at 05:13 AM.
The Dude Abides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 06:19 AM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
The Titans really aren't that good. They have a good running game, but their season really depends on the development of Vince Young as a passer (where have we heard this story before?). I think the addition of Alge Crumpler is being overrated by the fans in hope that they can talk themselves into believing this guy will actually make a difference.

I see them getting to .500, but anything more than that will be icing on the cake for me. I'm not expecting big things from this team. Especially in that division. The second toughest division in football. If Matt Schaub can stay healthy all season i can see the Texans finally getting out of the cellar of the AFC south.
No, VY developing as a passer is the icing on the cake, the season depends on the running game and defense. Not sure if you're aware of this, but the Titans went 10-6 with a pretty bad passing offense last season, so I'm not sure why VY's development is percieved as so vital for the Titans. If VY has an MVP season then the Titans are an elite team, but without great QB play they can still be good enough to make the AFC playoffs, as seen in 07.

If the run game and D can be top 5 ish, which is completely possible based on 07, once again many will be surprised with the Titans when they really shouldn't be.

It's really more out of curiosity though that I'm interested in why so many seem to think the Titans are in for a bad year. As I write this someone else has them doing poor, 5-11 no less. The consensus wasn't even this bad last offseason (although it was bad) and the Titans lost their two starting WR's and starting RB - this offseason they've gained more than they've lost. Amazing what a few negative draft review grade articles can do for a team's perception amongst average fans a month after draft time, most of which are fueled by the team's neglect to reach for an unworthy WR in the 1st round, like that will impact 08 much anyway even if it was a mistake as WR's rarely contribute right away. I'll bet a bundle the Titans would be viewed far more favourably right now if they did appease the media and their obsession of "getting Vince targets" though.

Whatever the case, the Titans are no doubt the popular bad pick, which is a little strange for a young team seemingly on the rise but hey, I guess that's why they play the games ;)

Last edited by OzTitan : 05-19-2008 at 06:25 AM.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 08:19 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

AFC EAST
New England(13-3)
Buffalo(8-8)
N.Y. Jets(7-9)
Miami(6-10)

AFC WEST
San Diego(10-6)
Denver(6-10)
Kansas City(5-11)
Oakland(5-11)

AFC NORTH
Cleveland(11-5)
Pittsburgh(8-8)
Baltimore(7-9)
Cincinnati(3-13)

AFC SOUTH
Indianapolis(12-4)
Jacksonville(10-6)

Houston(8-8)
Tennessee(6-10)

NFC

NFC EAST
N.Y. Giants(11-5)
Dallas(10-6)
Philadelphia(8-8)
Washington(8-8)

NFC SOUTH
New Orleans(8-8)
Carolina(7-9)
Tampa Bay(6-10)
Atlanta(4-12)

NFC WEST
Arizona(9-7)
Seattle(9-7)
San Fransisco(7-9)
St. Louis(6-10)

NFC NORTH
Green Bay(10-6)
Minnesota(9-7)
Chicago(8-8)
Detroit(4-12)

PLAYOFFS

WILD CARD
Houston (8-8) @ Cleveland (11-5)
Jacksonville (10-6) @ San Diego (10-6)
Minnesota (9-7) @ Arizona (9-7)
New Orleans (8-8) @ Dallas (10-6)

DIVISIONAL ROUND
Cleveland (12-5) @ Indianapolis (12-4)
Jacksonville (11-6) @ New England (13-3)
Minnesota (10-7) @ New York (11-5)
Dallas (11-6) @ Green Bay (10-6)

CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP
Indianapolis (13-4) @ New England (14-3)
Green Bay (11-6) @ New York (12-5)

SUPER BOWL
Green Bay (12-6) Vs. Indianapolis (14-4)

SUPER BOWL CHAMPS
Green Bay (13-6)

Draft Order

01. Cincinnati(3-13)
02. Detroit(4-12)
03. Atlanta(4-12)
04. Oakland(5-11)
05. Kansas City(5-11)
06. Miami(6-10)
07. Denver(6-10)
08. Tampa Bay(6-10)
09. St. Louis(6-10)
10. Tennessee(6-10)
11. Baltimore(7-9)
12. N.Y. Jets(7-9)
13. San Fransisco(7-9)
14. Carolina(7-9)
15. Buffalo(8-8)
16. Pittsburgh(8-8)
17. Chicago(8-8)
18. Washington(8-8)
19. Philadelphia(8-8)
20. Houston (8-8)
21. New Orleans (8-8)
22. Seattle(9-7)
23. Minnesota (9-7)
24. Arizona (9-7)
25. Dallas (10-6)
26. Jacksonville (10-6)
27. San Diego (10-6)
28. Cleveland (11-6)
29. New York (11-6)
30. New England (13-3)
31. Indianapolis (12-4)
32. Green Bay (10-6)

Last edited by The Legend : 05-19-2008 at 08:53 AM.
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 08:49 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i still don't like the way your offense runs for one. McNabb hasn't looked great for a few years now and still doesn't have a great target at WR. A bunch of 2's and 3's and i think just like last year, that won't get it done again. Plus he might be on a shorter leash than some people might realize depending on how much the staff likes Kolb and that could work against him.

And as much as I like Westbrook, they seriously need to start working in some other backs who can, ya know, run up the middle.

and your OT's aren't young men anymore and NY and Dallas have some quality pass rushers who will just eat that right up twice a year.

And your defense seems like it should be solid but i just dont know.... You seem to have a bunch of rotational/situational DE's but none really studly. And I think your LBers are somewhat weak too.

I just think Philly is a team that the window closed on a while ago and they haven't caught on just yet.....

call it all speculation if you want, but I just don't like their chances next year....
...Avoiding homerism as much as possible... I think you are correct in many of you're assumptions, but there are some things you need to be corrected on.
1. Westbrook CAN run up the middle and does it with authority. Anyone who doesn't know that needs to watch him play.
2. Trent Cole, Pro-Bowler, though you are right, the rest of our DEs are unproven, though watch Abiamiri.
3. Our LBs are also unproven, but the potential is through the roof. Watch for Stewart Bradley. Name to remember here.
4. Our OTs cetainly have aged, but are still above average starters at their respective positions. They will lose some battles, but we won't have anything near what happened to Winston Justice last year against the Giants.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 12:12 PM    (permalink
AllanO444
Rookie

AllanO444 is a cocksman.AllanO444 is a cocksman.AllanO444 is a cocksman.AllanO444 is a cocksman.AllanO444 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post

I didn't realize that football is all about offense. You fail to mention the top 5 defense the Titans have. If you only look at QB play from last year, yea, the Titans are a bad team.

The fact is, last year the Titans were 10-6 and a playoff team with probably the worst QB play in the league. It's VY's third year, 1st with new offensive coordinator Hiemerdinger who turned Steve McNair into a co-MVP, and I think it would be crazy to think that he's not going to improve from last years disaster.
AllanO444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 01:53 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzTitan View Post
No, VY developing as a passer is the icing on the cake, the season depends on the running game and defense. Not sure if you're aware of this, but the Titans went 10-6 with a pretty bad passing offense last season, so I'm not sure why VY's development is percieved as so vital for the Titans. If VY has an MVP season then the Titans are an elite team, but without great QB play they can still be good enough to make the AFC playoffs, as seen in 07.

If the run game and D can be top 5 ish, which is completely possible based on 07, once again many will be surprised with the Titans when they really shouldn't be.

It's really more out of curiosity though that I'm interested in why so many seem to think the Titans are in for a bad year. As I write this someone else has them doing poor, 5-11 no less. The consensus wasn't even this bad last offseason (although it was bad) and the Titans lost their two starting WR's and starting RB - this offseason they've gained more than they've lost. Amazing what a few negative draft review grade articles can do for a team's perception amongst average fans a month after draft time, most of which are fueled by the team's neglect to reach for an unworthy WR in the 1st round, like that will impact 08 much anyway even if it was a mistake as WR's rarely contribute right away. I'll bet a bundle the Titans would be viewed far more favourably right now if they did appease the media and their obsession of "getting Vince targets" though.

Whatever the case, the Titans are no doubt the popular bad pick, which is a little strange for a young team seemingly on the rise but hey, I guess that's why they play the games ;)
Vince Young's development isn't something that is "perceived" as being vital, it IS vital. Their offense, like last year, well be stagnant without a passing game. The Vikings had the same problem, and they went out and did everything they could to fix it.

My opinion on their season is completely independent from any "reviews" i've read. Last year i felt the Titans were overachieving, and i still feel like they did. Expect the same outcome you had last year, and you will be disappointed. At the end of the day, your offense is gonna have to put up points, and as shown so many times last year, when they went down early, they found it very hard to come back. I don't expect them to win many close games this year either. But hey, it's just my opinion and i thought i'd let it be known, so i can say i told you so when it happens :D
Old 05-19-2008, 03:01 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see how people have the Vikings beating out the Packers. I have a lot more trust in Aaron Rodgers than I do in Tavaris Jackson. Not to mention, Rodgers won't have to do a whole lot. The Packers are absolutely STACKED at receiver, not to mention, they have a pretty good running back in Ryan Grant. They have a very young defense who will only improve on last year. Of course Favre was worth a couple wins, but I don't see them lower than 10-6. I think 11-5 is more likely.

Rodgers is a very accurate QB, and judging by the Cowboys game last year, the offense is tailor made for a QB like him. Short quick passes to recievers who excel at YAC. They will have a slight drop, but they will win the division.
Old 05-19-2008, 03:47 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm surprised that the Texans are being picked to finish higher than the Titans too. Tennessee has a better defense unit, even though they lost two DEs this offseason, and they have a much better offensive line.

But Houston is lying in the weeds, ready to pounce, so I can see why it's tempting to pick them as one of this year's sleeper teams. If they were in another division, conference, they would be a playoff team imo.
Old 05-19-2008, 04:44 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Saints in the Super Bowl ftw.

*shrugs*
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 04:47 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
I don't see how people have the Vikings beating out the Packers. I have a lot more trust in Aaron Rodgers than I do in Tavaris Jackson. Not to mention, Rodgers won't have to do a whole lot. The Packers are absolutely STACKED at receiver, not to mention, they have a pretty good running back in Ryan Grant. They have a very young defense who will only improve on last year. Of course Favre was worth a couple wins, but I don't see them lower than 10-6. I think 11-5 is more likely.

Rodgers is a very accurate QB, and judging by the Cowboys game last year, the offense is tailor made for a QB like him. Short quick passes to recievers who excel at YAC. They will have a slight drop, but they will win the division.
thing is, i have a lot more trust in AP and Chester Taylor than I do in the packers backs. And I have more trust in the Vikings o-line in terms of run blocking. And I like their defense more. Yeah GB has some solid corners and 2 good linebackers, a lot of good guys on the d-line, but you can't run on the vikings and adding Jared Allen made them all the more sweeter. Who do you double team if your the opposing offense: Allen? Fat Pat? Kevin Williams? and that still leaves whoever their other DE is going to be one on one with his man. I'm personally terrified of that as a Bears fan who'll see his team break in a rookie LT

I don't like the vikes much more than packers, but I like them slightly more if you assume that both QBs arent going to be great. Rodgers probably has the better chance to do that but even so, I think the team takes a step back from last year since Rodgers is basically a rookie in terms of starting experience. Least experienced and accomplished QB in the division....don't forget it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
I'm surprised that the Texans are being picked to finish higher than the Titans too. Tennessee has a better defense unit, even though they lost two DEs this offseason, and they have a much better offensive line.

But Houston is lying in the weeds, ready to pounce, so I can see why it's tempting to pick them as one of this year's sleeper teams. If they were in another division, conference, they would be a playoff team imo.
I put the Texans at 8-8 myself and I think in any other division, they could crack 10 wins and make a playoff push....but not in that one. The Colts and Jags are both elite teams with Tennessee having the potential to be one if they can develop VY into a better passer.

Last edited by BeerBaron : 05-19-2008 at 04:49 PM.
BeerBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 06:25 PM    (permalink
TheGreatEscape
Veteran

TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.

Cowboys: 12-4*
Giants: 11-5*
Eagles: 10-6*
Redskins: 8-8

Vikings: 9-7*
Green Bay: 9-7
Da Bears: 9-7
Lions: 4-12

Cards: 10-6*
Seahawks: 8-8
Rams: 4-12
49ers: 2-14

Saints: 9-7
Panthers: 7-9
Bucs: 6-10
Falcons: 6-10

Eagles at Vikings
Giants at Saints

Vikings at Cowboys
Giants at Cards

Giants at Vikings

Patriots: 13-3*
Bills: 10-6*
Jets: 5-11
Phins: 4-12

Chargers: 13-3*
Denver: 9-7
Oakland: 8-8
Chiefs: 5-11

Colts: 12-4*
Jags: 10-6*
Titans: 9-7
Texans: 8-8

Stillers: 10-6*
Browns: 8-8
Bungles: 5-11
Ravens: 3-13

Bills at Stillers
Jags at Colts

Jags at Pats
Bills at Chargers

Jags at Chargers

Jags beat the Vikings for the superbowl.
TheGreatEscape is offline   Reply With Quote