Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Will He Be Traded?
Yes 10 20.41%
No 39 79.59%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-19-2008, 07:03 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.
Default Roy Williams To Be Traded?

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/...ams-be-traded/

just wondering how much do you guys think they can get for him?
Dolphins, Texans, Jaguars, i dont know if hes going to be traded but
i think they can get something pretty good for him if they do trade him

i know they most probably wont trade in division but its seems like
the Eagles & Redskins & Giants all have need at Strong Safety
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 07:43 AM    (permalink
lionsfan81
Rookie

lionsfan81 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.lionsfan81 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Who would want that guy tho honestly? I bet the best they get is a 2nd. At the very best.
lionsfan81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 07:47 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe a Cover two team will want him at WLB? I'm not even sure if he can play there.

And none of the NFC East teams want him. He is actually more valuable to those teams if he stays on the Cowboys.
Old 05-19-2008, 07:50 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

'Boys think too highly of him, and the league will disagree, so I don't think he's going anywhere

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 07:59 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
'Boys think too highly of him, and the league will disagree, so I don't think he's going anywhere
Who thinks too highly of him Jones or Phillips? With the way they used him last year, I don't think they think as highly of him as they used to.
Old 05-19-2008, 08:17 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Eagles were interested in SS's who couldn't cover and overran routine plays trying to make the "spectacular" happen, they would have kept Michael Lewis last offseason. Roy is not a starting caliber SS on most teams in the NFL.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 08:22 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Who thinks too highly of him Jones or Phillips? With the way they used him last year, I don't think they think as highly of him as they used to.
I mean that they'll try to get pro bowl S value for him, which they won't

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 05-19-2008, 08:30 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
I mean that they'll try to get pro bowl S value for him, which they won't
Why do you think that? You're reaching to much to insult Jerry and Wade. Roy's coverage deficiencies and declining play is no secret. Go on any Cowboys news blog, forum or Dallas Newspaper article in the last 18 months, and you'll see some commentary about his poor play. So why would they think they could get a "pro-bowl" caliber safety. That is ridiculous. People go to far trying to embellish Jerry's "arrogant" persona.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 08:45 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Why do you think that? You're reaching to much to insult Jerry and Wade. Roy's coverage deficiencies and declining play is no secret. Go on any Cowboys news blog, forum or Dallas Newspaper article in the last 18 months, and you'll see some commentary about his poor play. So why would they think they could get a "pro-bowl" caliber safety. That is ridiculous. People go to far trying to embellish Jerry's "arrogant" persona.
... because... it'd probably be the sensible thing to do? Since he did make the pro bowl... getting maximum value and all that?

No need to get all defensive on me, I didn't make a pass at you.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 05-19-2008, 08:54 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There maybe some GM's out there who aren't exactly fan favorites, but they have enough sense to know not to trade there Probowl safety for a guy like Roy who gets by on reputation. And I'm pretty sure Jerry knows this, so I highly doubt he's asking for an Adrian Wilson or Ed Reed in return. All this said, I still doubt he is traded or cut. As much as I would like to give a guy like Pat Watkins some more time on the field, I just don't see it happening.
Old 05-19-2008, 09:00 AM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh damn, I thought it was the WR so I voted yes. But like Bzasa said I'd rather have Michael Lewis. And if I were Dallas I'd try to trade him to a division team.
Old 05-19-2008, 09:29 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Cowboys are shopping Roy, no GM is going to give even near fair value for him. The Boys won't hold him with his contract, so they could just sign him on the cheap if they wanted to.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 05-19-2008, 10:11 AM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I doubt they could even get a 2nd. Maybe a 3rd if there's a team that is specifically looking for a run-stopping safety and still harbors hopes on Roy's potential, along with perhaps a hope that he can slim down and become more dynamic. It wouldn't surprise me if they couldn't get anything and ended up cutting him.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 10:26 AM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd take him on the Falcons to be our WLB.

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 10:44 AM    (permalink
Byrd430
Veteran

Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still like Roy Williams, but he just can't cover deep down the field. He'd be okay sitting in a zone hidden off somewhere. For as bad as he's been in coverage, he still comes up with a few interceptions.

I'd like him more as a rover-type safety, someone who plays closer to the line of scrimmage and makes the hits. Unfortunately, it's just gonna open up one-on-one's, a battle that we more than likely lose.

If Pac Man makes a positive impact, we'll have Jones and Newman as the CBs. Talk has been to move Henry to safety, where we still have Watkins and Hamlin. And from what I've heard, our star CB Mike Jenkins has been getting burnt on a daily basis. *sighs* If we could just have someone step up somewhere....

On a side note, where's that guy that says he should beef up by 50 lbs. and switch positions. He needs to post on this...

Thanks BoneKrusher! The Sig King!
Byrd430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 11:07 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu View Post
I doubt they could even get a 2nd. Maybe a 3rd if there's a team that is specifically looking for a run-stopping safety and still harbors hopes on Roy's potential, along with perhaps a hope that he can slim down and become more dynamic. It wouldn't surprise me if they couldn't get anything and ended up cutting him.
What GM would trade a third rounder to take on that contract? If Williams is on the block, that means the Cowboys are trying to unload the contract and get value. That could also mean they're looking to maybe cut him. As I said before, no one is going to take a huge financial risk like that when Williams could be a FA.

Old 05-19-2008, 11:20 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrd430 View Post
If Pac Man makes a positive impact, we'll have Jones and Newman as the CBs. Talk has been to move Henry to safety, where we still have Watkins and Hamlin. And from what I've heard, our star CB Mike Jenkins has been getting burnt on a daily basis. *sighs* If we could just have someone step up
When exactly did Jenkins become our "star CB"? Pretty sure Newman holds that position right now. And are you really already worried about a few reports about Jenkins, It's only May. Let's wait until TC before we start the "oh-no" talk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrd430 View Post
On a side note, where's that guy that says he should beef up by 50 lbs. and switch positions. He needs to post on this...
50lbs? WTH Is he switching to DT/DE? He's been hovering around 220-230 the last couple seasons.
Old 05-19-2008, 11:23 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
When exactly did Jenkins become our "star CB"? Pretty sure Newman holds that position right now. And are you really already worried about a few reports about Jenkins, It's only May. Let's wait until TC before we start the "oh-no" talk.

50lbs? WTH Is he switching to DT/DE? He's been hovering around 220-230 the last couple seasons.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Percells
Roy Williams is a biscuit away from being a LBer
Hell he's only 7 lbs away from being Jordan Dizon.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 11:24 AM    (permalink
Yatta!
Veteran

Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't really see anyone giving up very much for him. He's in decline and the fact that most Cowboys fans seem to want rid of him speaks volumes.

Sig by Eaglez.Fan
Yatta! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 11:28 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I'm not sure how much in decline Roy is. I see him as an in the box safety with mediocre cover skills. That is acceptable, but he's not worth his contract, and he doesn't offer enough other things to necessarily be considered a star in the NFL. Perhaps he was just overhyped early in his career...

Old 05-19-2008, 12:09 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
I'm not sure how much in decline Roy is. I see him as an in the box safety with mediocre cover skills. That is acceptable, but he's not worth his contract, and he doesn't offer enough other things to necessarily be considered a star in the NFL. Perhaps he was just overhyped early in his career...
He used to be a gamechanger. He was a great presence, yes he has never been able to cover the deep ball but he was very good in forcing turnovers and making big hits.
His decline began two seasons ago, when he lost his confidence.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 12:11 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano View Post
He used to be a gamechanger. He was a great presence, yes he has never been able to cover the deep ball but he was very good in forcing turnovers and making big hits.
His decline began two seasons ago, when he lost his confidence.
It was also was when the horse collar rule came out wasn't it?

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 12:11 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No one on earth wants him unless he comes for free. Even then, Im not sure anyone would want him. He's the worst starting safety in the league.
Old 05-19-2008, 12:14 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
thats exactly how i feel about him. the truth is, he was never the player Cowboys fans hyped him up to be, and over the course of his career has proven that.

he never tackled well, never covered well, all he did was have an occasional big hit from time to time and Cowboy fans thought he was incredible for it. now even that is gone, he's just a waste of space now. the truth is he was never a good player.
Old 05-19-2008, 12:21 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would still take a flyer on him with a 6th and a restructured contract. I know the latter part is much harder to accomplish, but if it is, I wouldn't mind bringing him in and just see what he still has left to offer.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote