Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 05-19-2008, 10:33 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Odell Cut

Alright, I'm going to reserve judgment till I know the whole story but it really bothers me at this point. All I have to go off of is that he hasn't been in voluntaries after his grandmother's death. Now, if it has something to do with alcohol again then I understand... Not sure I do at this point.

They stick with him for all these years through all this BS and potentially drop him over voluntaries? Ugh, the whole story better be a good one.

For now, Ahmad to MLB.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 11:17 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

here is a link from the AJC, sounds like it was because if the missed camp.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sp...urst_0520.html
Old 05-19-2008, 11:20 AM    (permalink
trekindude
Rookie

trekindude wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.trekindude wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.trekindude wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.trekindude wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.trekindude wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.trekindude wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.trekindude wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.trekindude wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.trekindude wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.trekindude wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.trekindude wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Bengals website says it's because of a missed camp (http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=6800), but Marvin's quote says he's "not taken the right steps" since being reinstated. So possibilities are failure to do what his AA meetings have suggested or something along those lines. But at the moment, I'm a bit confused. You can't keep him signed on for 2 years of no play, but cut him as soon as he's reinstated. I'd have thought we might have at least tried to trade him somewhere, a la Pacman. So I'm guessing that there's more to this than meets the eye.
trekindude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 01:12 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good God. All I did when I read this is hang my head.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 01:24 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

can anything else possibly go wrong?

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 01:46 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Umm...TJ is on the block to be cut next right? He hasn't been there either. Same with Chad.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 05-19-2008, 02:33 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well all of our first 3 picks in the 2005 draft are now gone.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 05-19-2008, 03:34 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Could he make a good SLB?
Old 05-19-2008, 03:51 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Odell is a MLB, maybe a WLB but it's best off to keep him at MLB.

This seriously can't be for missing camp. At least I would REALLY REALLY hope not.
Old 05-19-2008, 04:51 PM    (permalink
lost33cause
Rookie

lost33cause hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Looks like most of us were wrong about Odell being ready to play. I highly doubt he was cut just for missing some voluntaries.
lost33cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 05:15 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Marvin Lewis has totally lost this team. Missing camp, to be with his family after his grandmother's death, was just an excuse to cut him. The Browns, Steelers or Ravens should try and sign him to stick it to the Bengals.
Old 05-19-2008, 05:17 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

I really refuse to believe that's the sole reason, just doesn't make any sense.
Old 05-19-2008, 05:20 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
I really refuse to believe that's the sole reason, just doesn't make any sense.
How long have you been a Bengals fan? lol jk jk

It doesnt but it wont surprise me at all if it is. We just lost a great player for no clear reason now

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 05-19-2008, 05:49 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

lol i know 78... Seriously, I know they're pretty inept but that would be just bad.
Old 05-19-2008, 06:37 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

there better be a damn good reason for this or I'm gonna flip a lid.
trade Chad for a ILB now.
Old 05-19-2008, 06:57 PM    (permalink
Yung Flippa
Veteran

Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

So he was cut because he wanted to stay with his family during his grandmother's death? Sounds like a little like the Troy Williamson situation last season, except Troy didn't get cut.

Baltimore: 7-4
Yung Flippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 07:02 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Thats what it is looking like. Unless something breaks soon.
I smell a grievance suit if that is the teams best reason.
Old 05-19-2008, 08:59 PM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

rickscott hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

They want to act as if they have a good LBing corp without him but we have a guy playing MLB that hasn't and he's been cut by a couple teams already and we got another that has a lingering groin injury that "hopefully" will heal up in time and a rookie. Sounds like a devastating corp to me????
rickscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 09:52 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

They are really confusing me right now. I guess they could be pretty impressed with Jeanty? Maybe move Ahmad back to middle? who knows.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 05-19-2008, 10:30 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

I officially dub this season a full blown Crap-shoot
Old 05-19-2008, 10:41 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
Thats what it is looking like. Unless something breaks soon.
I smell a grievance suit if that is the teams best reason.
Odell's Agent reports that there won't be a grievance suit. There is definantly more to this story. Word is even in during the Rookie camp they had he showed up only one day to do some conditioning and various other work with trainers.

The Bengals may just not be impressed with his desire to get back into shape for the upcoming year. There could be some legitimate reasons for this. The timing may have been bad, but he does need to be serious about his work as well. I love Thurman and was hoping he would be able to preform well this year.

Blah its a shame.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 10:43 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
I officially dub this season a full blown Crap-shoot
Why because a player that may or may not have started got cut? I love Thurman more than the next guy and was excited about him being back...but we all as Bengal fans knew that this season wasn't riding on Thurman. We knew it was possible he may not have even played this year or ever. So how could losing Thurman make it a crap shoot?
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 10:51 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He put up some great stats when he was a rookie. Over 100 tackles, 9 pass deflections, 1.5 sacks, five interceptions. Very good numbers.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 11:18 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Tust me... You don't have to remind us.
Old 05-19-2008, 11:23 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripedWalrus View Post
Why because a player that may or may not have started got cut? I love Thurman more than the next guy and was excited about him being back...but we all as Bengal fans knew that this season wasn't riding on Thurman. We knew it was possible he may not have even played this year or ever. So how could losing Thurman make it a crap shoot?
Why? Because Odell is a natural MLB now we have Jones starting at MLB right now. He has only played a few games at MLB and is 30 years old. If Brooks gets injured again we are back to square one at LB. We have an average at best veteran in Jones, and a bunch of inexperienced guys at LB. Odell brings attitude we need.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack