Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 05-20-2008, 12:54 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we bomb this year we better pick Mauluga. That'd be a nice consolation.

Seriously, the situation at MLB MUST be straightened out. Not that I thought Odell was the guy but when he was on the roster that was one more potential player. Jones is serviceable, Ahmad is a beast but as we all know the health is a question mark... After that you put Rivers out of position I assume.

Ugh.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 01:14 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd honestly rather see Rivers-Ahmad-Jeanty than Rivers-Jones-Ahmad at this point.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 01:25 AM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
Why? Because Odell is a natural MLB now we have Jones starting at MLB right now. He has only played a few games at MLB and is 30 years old. If Brooks gets injured again we are back to square one at LB. We have an average at best veteran in Jones, and a bunch of inexperienced guys at LB. Odell brings attitude we need.
As of the point before Odell was cut, he only brought us a player that hasn't played for 2 years and apparently wasnt fit enough to play this year. I think we as fans hyped him up so much that we want him to succeed and think he is something better than he is. I know I hyped him enough to at least make him seem godly to all my friends. He has always been a player I hoped would come back. But the bottom line is, apparently he wasnt fit enough to be a starting Line Backer on the Bengals. He was apparently not even worthy of being a back up. That has to say something, right?
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 01:52 AM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This whole thing makes me sad because everyone knows what Odell is capable of but he obviously wast ready to meet the challenge. As of now I think our best bet is to have Brooks in the middle, with Jeanty at SLB, obviously leaving Rivers at WLB. Jones would serve well as a backup for Brooks and may even start the season at MLB if Brooks isnt healthy, although I expect him to be ready to go.
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 02:41 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Our 3 most talented LB's are clearly Brooks/Rivers/Jeanty.

Brooks to SLB only sucked for the reason it kept Jeanty off the field, while he's not some game breaker Jeanty gets the job done and wraps guys up.

As Hobbes said, Jones could be a supreme backup with a ton of experience. Never a bad thing.

With Odell gone, IMO, Ahmad has to be groomed back to MLB. It's his natural position and we're fine at SLB. I think Henderson could eventually become a solid backup as well.
Old 05-20-2008, 03:26 PM    (permalink
Shere Khan
Rookie

Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripedWalrus View Post
Odell's Agent reports that there won't be a grievance suit. There is definantly more to this story. Word is even in during the Rookie camp they had he showed up only one day to do some conditioning and various other work with trainers.

The Bengals may just not be impressed with his desire to get back into shape for the upcoming year. There could be some legitimate reasons for this. The timing may have been bad, but he does need to be serious about his work as well. I love Thurman and was hoping he would be able to preform well this year.

Blah its a shame.

IMO, Coach Lewis had probably moved on mentally with O-Dawg. He was in his doghouse for a while, and this is/was possibly the final straw. O'Dell seemed to be in Georgia longer than expected.

O'Dell was a awesome player for us, but this is just another example of him not being able to be counted on.

Pains me to say it too, I have O-Dawg's jersey and was really rooting for him to step in and make an impact for our team.

WHO DEY, ALL DEY, ERY' DEY
Shere Khan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 03:55 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My jerseys consist of David Pollack and CJ. David's I will keep forever but CJ could be burned very soon. Im gonna get a Rivers one soon.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 05-21-2008, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripedWalrus View Post
As of the point before Odell was cut, he only brought us a player that hasn't played for 2 years and apparently wasnt fit enough to play this year. I think we as fans hyped him up so much that we want him to succeed and think he is something better than he is. I know I hyped him enough to at least make him seem godly to all my friends. He has always been a player I hoped would come back. But the bottom line is, apparently he wasnt fit enough to be a starting Line Backer on the Bengals. He was apparently not even worthy of being a back up. That has to say something, right?
From what I understand it had nothing to do with him being in shape or worthy of a back up. He got cut for not making to camps which I believe to be ok because he grandma had just died and you dont know his relationship to his grandma. Everything is different for different people.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 02:58 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

Marvin said it had nothing to do with him missing camp. Maybe just his general attitude wasn't there. Regardless, he's gone and its time to move on without him. I'm still confident in this young group of defensive players and with some experience they could be a very solid unit.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 05-21-2008, 04:46 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the first time ever, I am not paranoid of our DLine ruining us this year. It is the LB core I am worried about. Keith Rivers I am fine with. But the other 2 spots have me a bit nervous.
Old 05-21-2008, 06:17 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Yeah it's pretty rough that the "rock" at LB for us is a freaking rookie...
Old 05-21-2008, 09:15 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

What are you talking about??? WE HAVE DHANI JONEZZZ!!!!!!
Oh Christ we are f***ed at LB lol.
Maybe if Brooking does get cut we should at least offer him a one year deal
last year he had 110 tackles and 2 sacks. He is 32 though, but a one or 2 year deal wouldnt hurt until we draft Rey Maualuga.

Last edited by Bengals78 : 05-21-2008 at 09:20 PM.
Old 05-21-2008, 11:51 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

I think Dhani will be fine at MLB. He's a solid veteran player that will put people in spots to make plays. He can also make a few himself if the DLine plays up to par. He's gonna be flanked by two young LBers with limitless potential n if he can get them where they need to be till they are comfortable enough to do it themselves he could be pretty valuable. Don't forget he came in off the street and was a very solid player for us last season. Hard not to like a guy like that.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 05-21-2008, 11:54 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder where he'll go. I'm hoping the Jets give him a look, but they never bother with high talent, low character guys. Its a shame too, because there could always be a guy who is looking for a change in scenery. Guess its a high risk thing.
Old 05-22-2008, 12:59 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
I think Dhani will be fine at MLB. He's a solid veteran player that will put people in spots to make plays. He can also make a few himself if the DLine plays up to par. He's gonna be flanked by two young LBers with limitless potential n if he can get them where they need to be till they are comfortable enough to do it themselves he could be pretty valuable. Don't forget he came in off the street and was a very solid player for us last season. Hard not to like a guy like that.
its not that i dont LIKE Jones, I just like Odell more lol

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 05-22-2008, 03:20 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

well everyone wanted Odell back and it sucks but hes a loser so he's gone. Dhani will be fine but we definitely need another MLB to groom behind him.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 05-22-2008, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

R-e-y M-a-u-a-l-u-g-a
Old 05-22-2008, 08:50 PM    (permalink
lost33cause
Rookie

lost33cause hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I am no more concerned about LB than I was before Odell was released. Of course, it would have been nice for him to work out. I also don't know why you guys think Jeanty should be out there more than Jones. Jeanty couldn't cover a rock that ran out of a backfield let alone cover an nfl TE or RB. I like the lineup with Rivers at WLB, Jones at MLB, and Brooks at SLB. It puts our best players on the field. Jeanty was supposedly a pash rush specailist from the CFL and yet I don't think he's had one sack yet.

My worry is still our dline. Your run defense is only as good as your Dline. Our Dline is showing promise and might be on the rise with them finally addressing it but we shall see. I think we need some more draft picks there for the future but I hope its atleast servicable this year.
lost33cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 10:29 AM    (permalink
BengalsPwn
Veteran

BengalsPwn needs more cowbell.

Man it would be cool if we could trade CJ + another player **** even next years 1st for Patrick Willis. Oh then I woke up. The team is just falling apart, 2 years ago O'Dell looked like the steal of the draft, now hes a bum and a wasted 2nd round pick.

Big ups to jkpigskin for the sig.
BengalsPwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 03:09 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

Maualuga would be nice but I'm hoping we aren't even picking when he is available. Meaning we have a rly good season, which I think we can.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 05-25-2008, 09:50 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well guys dont be too mad at the Brass right now...There is apparently some indication that Thurman had a deadline to report back to camp and didnt meet it. Also some information revolving around him refusing a drug test or possibly failing one. If this is true maybe we shouldnt be yelling at the bengals Brass and rather be mad at Thurman.

Sorry I havnt been around to answer anything lately...been kinda on a mini vacation.
Old 05-25-2008, 10:12 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know this has got to suck for Bengals fan, he did look like the steal of the draft after his rookie year, had all the potential in the world to be a top 5 MLB, and after all that wait he gets cut now...Granted your first 3 picks in that draft didn't pan out at least you can't say it was due to lack of talent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 12:39 AM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

on top of that Kieft who was also in that draft..5th round tackle has been injured, Tab Perry 6th round WR no longer plays with the bengals, Eric Ghiaciuc 4th round Center is kinda on the hot seat. Fanene is the only decently solid player we got out of that draft and we got him in the 7th round... ... ... well I guess steady is the word...he has cool hair!

Overall 05 was a very very very bad draft for the Bengals. Looking back on it after three years... I would grade it an F!
Old 05-26-2008, 10:04 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

I will say, given the talent drafted... They did a good job AT THE TIME with the '05 draft. Obviously in hindsight it has been horrible for helping the team in the future.
Old 05-26-2008, 10:16 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
I will say, given the talent drafted... They did a good job AT THE TIME with the '05 draft. Obviously in hindsight it has been horrible for helping the team in the future.
Thats how ya gotta grade a draft though... you gotta look at it in hindsight. That is how you tell if it was a good draft or not. After review our draft of 05 was a bust sadly...