Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-01-2006, 12:24 PM    (permalink
Jdallas
Pro Bowler

Jdallas hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I voted for AJ Hawk simply because LBs tend to have a quicker transition to the NFL and I think there is room for a new OLB to go for the NFC.

Desings by D-Unit
Jdallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 12:25 PM    (permalink
Jdallas
Pro Bowler

Jdallas hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB
I think it's big Vernon Davis. Why you ask? Instant starter in an offense that will look to him to come up with those big plays. No one jumped higher than Alex Smith when Big Vern was chosen...
He may end up being one of the most productive rookies, but the NFC has a lot of good talent at TE and I don't think he'll be able to break into that elite group.

Desings by D-Unit
Jdallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran

Football Fan smells like sex panther.

I think the niners offense is still to weak for Davis to be as productive as he will be in the future. I chose Hawk, most scouts thought he was the best defensive player in the draft and the most nfl ready. Not to mention it was a tough call for the pack and they chose hawk over davis, so it was kind of a homer pick.
I am probably being suckered into the hype but I would guess that there will be more than one rookie in the pro bowl.

AJ Hawk=rookie of the year.
Football Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 03:41 PM    (permalink
ninerfan
Pro Bowler

ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

VD will fly direct fron SF to Hawaii. I heard he already booked his ticket.

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me
ninerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 03:49 PM    (permalink
moc182
All-Pro

moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninerfan

Well he's not taking Shockey's ticket, so Witth and Crumpler might have something to say about that.

"A real man makes his own luck." Billy Zane, Titanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmitt Smith
Donít quit, donít even quit.
moc182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 03:53 PM    (permalink
ninerfan
Pro Bowler

ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moc182
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninerfan

Well he's not taking Shockey's ticket, so Witth and Crumpler might have something to say about that.
Please now lets be serious - VD will smoke Shockey within 2 years.

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me
ninerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 04:25 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

VD will smoke him in 2 games
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 11:12 PM    (permalink
KBear
All-Pro

KBear hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdallas
I voted for AJ Hawk simply because LBs tend to have a quicker transition to the NFL and I think there is room for a new OLB to go for the NFC.
Agree.

Huff will have a good shot if he plays FS.

I dont think Bush will get enough touches to get in, but there is a good chance that I am wrong there.

I think Davis will need some time, TEs have a harder transitions then LBs or RBs.
Old 05-01-2006, 11:20 PM    (permalink
Finsfan79
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Finsfan79 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

davis is the common pick. But if Culpepper is healthy I think Hagan could be a 1,000 yard WR for Miami. Across from Chambers and with Booker there too he should get alot of 1 on 1 coverage.

Derek Hagan could be a dark horse surprise for folks.
Finsfan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 11:26 PM    (permalink
rchrd
Veteran

rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MossRandleElLloyd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikings Fan
Ryan Cook
You mean the guy you got for Daunte Culpepper?
woosh
Old 05-01-2006, 11:29 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't be a homer, it makes you look foolish.

Hagan in the Pro Bowl with the quality of WR in the AFC? Are you kidding? It's automatic four deep with elite number one talent every year in Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Chad Johnson, and Hines Ward. Not to mention Chris Chambers has the better chance on his own team, and Deion Branch might actually get enough TD passes thrown to him to have people finally notice he's one of the best WRs in the league. Andre Johnson has Eric Moulds lining up across from him, and has David Carr with much immensely better coaching and OL.
Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 01:36 AM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Since 1967:

18 (more than twice any other defensive position) of 39 DROY winners have been LB's (6 of the last 9)

30 of the last 39 OROY winners have been RB's (an astounding 77%!)

Obviously RB's by far have the best chance, followed by LB's to win ROY honors. This also equates to who will have the best chance to make the ProBowl in their rookie season. Which is why I say AJ Hawk or Reggie Bush. I give the nudge to Hawk since he will most likely be an every down starter, whereas Reggie will be splitting time with Duece. I believe Vernon will have a good shot, since he is going to catch alot of passes from Alex Smith, but as mentioned already it will take alot to surpass some of the other elite TE's. There's some others who could slip in purely as special teamers though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.
Vince Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 01:43 AM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think all of the above they are good rookies. Vernon has the hands,Dabrick is an awesome blocker, AJ Hawk as good form tackling, Bush is an overall good running back, Mario is an animal, Huff is an awesome saftey.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 01:57 AM    (permalink
DaPlaymaker
Rookie

DaPlaymaker hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

how is reggie bush gonna make the pro bowl when he isnt even gonna start, he'll be lucky to get 900 total offense.
DaPlaymaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 01:58 AM    (permalink
renegade17

A.J. Hawk, no doubt. DeAngelo Williams is another good bet.
Old 05-02-2006, 02:06 AM    (permalink
Stufazz
Veteran

Stufazz hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

AJ Hawk

Hitman D for the sweet sig
Stufazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 02:07 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Didn't Desmond Clark make the Pro Bowl as a TE last year in the NFC? I would definitely say Vernon Davis has the best shot.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 02:09 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jimmy Williams. Why you might ask? Think about it for a second. He will be starting right away, and covering #2 wideouts, not to mention, sicne he is a rookie, he will be tested alot, because noone wants to challenge DeAngelo Hall.
Old 05-02-2006, 02:12 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular
Didn't Desmond Clark make the Pro Bowl as a TE last year in the NFC? I would definitely say Vernon Davis has the best shot.
WTH? Had to have been a fill-in for injured players (stressing the plural).
Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 02:27 AM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular
WTH? Had to have been a fill-in for injured players (stressing the plural).
Quote:
Bears | Clark not headed to Pro Bowl
Fri, 27 Jan 2006 19:17:41 -0800

Larry Mayer, of ChicagoBears.com, reports Chicago Bears TE Desmond Clark is not heading to the Pro Bowl after the NFL admitted to making a mistake. Clark was originally chosen as a "need" player, but Carolina Panthers head coach John Fox chose Philadelphia Eagles TE Mike Bartrum instead. NFL spokesman Michael Signora said, "Our office mistakenly informed Desmond Clark that he was selected to the NFC all-star team as the long snapper. He is actually the Bears' backup at the position."
These are the guys that were chosen at TE:
Alge Crumpler, ATL
Jason Witten, DAL
Jeremy Shockey, NYG

There's no doubt Vernon can compete with these guys, but it really comes down to how efficiently the 49ers offense can run compared to these teams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.
Vince Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 02:33 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That makes much better sense now.

My answer definitely is Vernon Davis though. He will be Smith's new best friend fo shizzle.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 02:35 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Manny Lawson

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 04:17 AM    (permalink
ncbigbody
Veteran

ncbigbody hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaPlaymaker
how is reggie bush gonna make the pro bowl when he isnt even gonna start, he'll be lucky to get 900 total offense.
Reggie Bush will be one of the best return men in the league. Not to mention he will also get carries at running back and sometimes lineup in the slot, he will get tons of touches. Plus Deuce cant stay healthy. Bush has a good shot.

Sig thanks to DieHardVikingsFan
ncbigbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 04:18 AM    (permalink
Some Dude
Rookie

Some Dude hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Out of those players, I'd say AJ Hawk or Vernon Daivs. They both could easily make a huge impact right away on both of their teams... especially Vernon Davis.
Some Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 04:23 AM    (permalink
BIG7BEN
Veteran

BIG7BEN hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

this is an easy question...

Santonio Holmes will make the probowl.