Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-20-2008, 11:05 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2011 Season cancled?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...yhoo&type=lgns

At school but ill post my thoughts when i get home

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3404596

Quote:
The NFL officially notified its players union on Tuesday that it will opt out of the current collective bargaining agreement, which could lead to a season without a salary cap in 2010 and a possible lockout in 2011.

Last edited by bantx : 05-20-2008 at 11:11 AM.
bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 11:07 AM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How many Bengals would get arrested in that offeseason???
Old 05-20-2008, 11:25 AM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is grrrrrrrrrreat news
Old 05-20-2008, 12:00 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...ad.php?t=22705

man this just keeps happening to me.....oh well i guess, ill whine over here....guess i should have had a flashier title

besides the articles there, theres a few more here that touch the topic well imo.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/...-the-rhetoric/
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/...-replacements/
Old 05-20-2008, 12:13 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some thing will get worked out I have no fear of that.
Old 05-20-2008, 12:14 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
Some thing will get worked out I have no fear of that.
yeah, no way they kill the goose that lays the golden egg here.

as one of those articles i posted put it, if the owners dont get any money, then neither do the players.

and i think before the owners let something like that happen, they could just agree to another player's union friendly deal, let it run for a few years like this most recent one, and then opt out again and give negotiating another go.
Old 05-20-2008, 12:15 PM    (permalink
damasta13

unless im completely wrong about this, I think a lot of people are making a big deal over nothing.
Correct me if i'm wrong but even if they hadn't opted out of the cba, they still would have needed to agree a new one before 2012, so the 2013 season would effectively be cancelled.
Too many people are getting worried over this, they will agree a 'new cba' before that season, im sure.
Just wanted people to know that even if this hadn't happened there would have been a season stoppage in 2012, so i think people are hyping this up too much!
Old 05-20-2008, 12:40 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They wouldn't cancel a season...way too many people get rich because of one season to let it happen.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 12:43 PM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whatever. They'd just get replacement players...

=
?

Old 05-20-2008, 12:45 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i hope we keep a cap. i don't want to see the days of the mid 90s rear its ugly head again where 2 teams just buy all the players.
Old 05-20-2008, 12:48 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the salary cap is gone I'll probably no longer be a fan of the NFL.
Old 05-20-2008, 01:08 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cancelled? Oh no, they will get replacement players, and people will still watch because it's the NFL. And the real players will come crawling back with their tails between their legs, because they are making so much more money that would shock guys from a few decades before, and losing enough game checks won't stand.

One thing not being realized enough, including by players, is that without the salary cap players don't become free agents until after 6 seasons, as opposed to the 4 seasons that is currently required.

But it's not like fat cat POS Gene Upshaw cares or can even inform the players he's supposed to stand up for. Better to only give a **** about the agents he's in cahoots with, and try to look big.
Old 05-20-2008, 01:10 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why is it that our culture is now taught to get scared and overreact about problems in the future rather than address current ones?

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 01:11 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is it the culture ... or is it the dumbass media like ESPN who are already referring to future negotiations as being nasty and that sort of stupid thing, trying to manufacture yet another juicy story they can milk for days. I hate ESPN.
Old 05-20-2008, 01:18 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21ST View Post
This is grrrrrrrrrreat news
Why nothing will change the Redskins will try and buy their team like always and fail. I mean the NFL would be so exciting when the rich franchises can beat everyone because there is no competition. That is what makes the NFL what it is all teams are pretty eqaul and have the same chance as the next team. All the best games are the ones that come down to the wire not the games that are 52-0.

No cap would kill the NFL

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 01:18 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Cancelled? Oh no, they will get replacement players, and people will still watch because it's the NFL. And the real players will come crawling back with their tails between their legs, because they are making so much more money that would shock guys from a few decades before, and losing enough game checks won't stand.

One thing not being realized enough, including by players, is that without the salary cap players don't become free agents until after 6 seasons, as opposed to the 4 seasons that is currently required.

But it's not like fat cat POS Gene Upshaw cares or can even inform the players he's supposed to stand up for. Better to only give a **** about the agents he's in cahoots with, and try to look big.
i share that sentiment exactly. upshaw is bad for all parties involved it seems except for the agents pulling his strings
Old 05-20-2008, 01:22 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
i share that sentiment exactly. upshaw is bad for all parties involved it seems except for the agents pulling his strings
I really don't understand why he's still in charge of the NFLPA in the first place.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 01:22 PM    (permalink
Yatta!
Veteran

Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pretty good article about how opting out of the CBA may affect the realities of the NFL.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story;jsessi...o&confirm=true

And they'll work something out, just like they did last time. There's way too much money in this business.

Sig by Eaglez.Fan
Yatta! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 01:27 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yatta! View Post
Pretty good article about how opting out of the CBA may affect the realities of the NFL.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story;jsessi...o&confirm=true

And they'll work something out, just like they did last time. There's way too much money in this business.
Solid article. Doesn't seem quite as bad as it sounds, still not good though. As for a new CBA, I think one will be in place by the time 2010 rolls around, as Yatta said, too much $$$ to lose.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 05-20-2008, 01:52 PM    (permalink
TheGreatEscape
Veteran

TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.

Oh Noz!!! Save Us Jordyzzzzzzzzzzz!!!
TheGreatEscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 01:56 PM    (permalink
TheGreatEscape
Veteran

TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.

The NFL's going to die, Buffalo won a championship this past weekend (LAX) and it's sunny in buffalo, yep it's the apocalypse. Let's all run around like Chickens with our head's cut off!
TheGreatEscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 01:58 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Save us Jerry! :D
Old 05-20-2008, 02:06 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatEscape View Post
Oh Noz!!! Save Us Jordyzzzzzzzzzzz!!!

I have no paint skill.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 05-20-2008, 02:44 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
How many Bengals would get arrested in that offeseason???
They'd have to build extra Battered Women Clinic's around Pittsburgh. The horror.

What's funny is how everyone bashed the Bengals/Bills for voting against it and here we are. Mike Brown sucks at building a good product on the field but he's a good businessman.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 03:58 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...ad.php?t=22703

Man, can't a rookie get some love on startin' a thread???

Anyways, I'm sure they will come up with a new CBA before it is too late. A cap, well we could live without it persay, but there is too much to be lost on the lack of an orderly draft, Signing prices would go through the roof. Trust me, they'll get it fixed.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote