Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-20-2008, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Indianapolis the site of Super Bowl XLVI

http://www.nfl.com/news/story;jsessi...o&confirm=true

Voted on and announced today, with Arizona and Houston being other finalists (and great sites for future Super Bowls).
Old 05-20-2008, 03:23 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yucky 10char
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 03:24 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What The Hell Does 10char Mean?!??!?!!
Old 05-20-2008, 03:26 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
What The Hell Does 10char Mean?!??!?!!
To get past the ten character limit required for posts.
Old 05-20-2008, 03:28 PM    (permalink
IndyColtScout
Veteran

IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.

If I can find a ticket, I am lucky enough to be able to walk home from the new stadium. My dream is for the Colts to make it to the SB in 2012, win the SB, and then for me to walk home drunk, and light up a blunt in my living room. Heck of a night.
Old 05-20-2008, 03:30 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Has a team ever played in the Super Bowl hosted in the same city? I'd love to know if that happened before, and that would be great if it happened with the Colts although that's quite a few years away.
Old 05-20-2008, 03:31 PM    (permalink
IndyColtScout
Veteran

IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Has a team ever played in the Super Bowl hosted in the same city? I'd love to know if that happened before, and that would be great if it happened with the Colts although that's quite a few years away.
Hasn't happened yet. I think TB came close, but I am 99% sure it hasn't happened.
Old 05-20-2008, 03:32 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Miami must have lucked out, when the Dolphins were good and going to Super Bowls.
Old 05-20-2008, 03:33 PM    (permalink
IndyColtScout
Veteran

I'll be the first to tell you guys that the weather in Indy is going to blow a dirty butthole in Jan 2012. Luckily we have a retractable roof. Have fun driving thru a snow and traffic riddled downtown area, while I walk everwhere (sorry tourist!).
Old 05-20-2008, 03:35 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyColtScout View Post
I'll be the first to tell you guys that the weather in Indy is going to blow a dirty butthole in Jan 2012. Luckily we have a retractable roof. Have fun driving thru a snow and traffic riddled downtown area, while I walk everwhere (sorry tourist!).
That is if the majority of humanity is still alive in 2012...
Old 05-20-2008, 03:36 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

It's Dec 2012 that I'm worried about.

SB XL in Detroit wasn't that great from the outside looking in ... but I think SB XLVI will fare better in Indy. The Luke should be nice, although there's already some financial pondering if it should have more seats before the first game has been played there. It's just that you don't know if the Colts will still be this good, especially once Manning eventually retires, and having empty seats at the stadium can have a negative effect.
Old 05-20-2008, 03:39 PM    (permalink
IndyColtScout
Veteran

Guys don't worry about 2012 and the Mayan calender. Luckily enough, if the world does end in a weird astrological alignment of the Milky Way and other galaxies, the Colts would have already won the the last SB and in their hometown. I can die that way.
Old 05-20-2008, 03:40 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
It's Dec 2012 that I'm worried about.
You're right, I got my dates all messed up.

But you're right. The Superbowl in Indy should be better than Detroit. I still can't figure out why there was even a Superbowl there. Now, I'm not a religious man by any means, but I truly believe that if there is a god, then he took a **** on the earth, and that is where the city of Detroit came to be.
Old 05-20-2008, 03:45 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

I can understand why cold-weather sites get the short end of the stick, it makes sense. Although I'd like to see a Super Bowl played on Soldier Field, Lambeau, Arrowhead, and so on. Financially, a place like Miami or San Diego can make the world for such a big, week-long event.

Houston should probably get SB XLVII, I believe the Pats/Panthers SB was played there and it was good stuff.

Dallas won the bid for SB XLV last year, that will be played in the new stadium the Cowboys will have.
Old 05-20-2008, 03:47 PM    (permalink
IndyColtScout
Veteran

I will be so pissed off if the Patriots win the SB in 2012. That would be a nightmare.
Old 05-20-2008, 03:49 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

LOL, I hadn't even considered that.