Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-20-2008, 03:03 PM    (permalink
DraftKidWonder
Rookie

DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.
Post Matt Ryan signs 6yr., $72 million dollar deal

Matt Ryan has signed a 6 year deal worth 72 million dollars, according to ESPNews.

From what I know he's the first rookie to sign. This is a big deal considering it took Quinn and Russell forever to get a contract done, so the question is now, will he start week 1?
DraftKidWonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 03:09 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftKidWonder View Post
Matt Ryan has signed a 6 year deal worth 72 million dollars, according to ESPNews.

From what I know he's the first rookie to sign. This is a big deal considering it took Quinn and Russell forever to get a contract done, so the question is now, will he start week 1?
I don't think he does, week 2 after Redman and Harrington show their inadequacy.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 03:13 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Matt Ryan Signs

http://www.atlantafalcons.com/News/A...tt_Ryan. aspx

doesnt say the numbers, and i just missed them on espn

something around $34 mil i think

cred 2 BoneKrusher
kwilk103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 03:13 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
I don't think he does, week 2 after Redman and Harrington show their inadequacy.
Harrington will light the world on fire this year. Just watch . . . the year that no one expects him to do anything, he will untap that college potential.
Old 05-20-2008, 03:14 PM    (permalink
IndyColtScout
Veteran

IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.

The rookie pay scale is so stupid. Falcons are smart for getting the deal done, and getting this kid into camp. Falcons are dumb because they just gave a rookie QB more money than Tony Romo (if I am not mistaken). Just plain crazy!
Old 05-20-2008, 03:14 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

6 years with max value of 72M, assuming he hits all the triggers, with 34.75M guaranteed.

Amazing that he could make more money than Tony Romo, but that's the system for you.

Best news is that the Falcons and Ryan got this done so early, way to go for both parties. Especially for a QB, nice job.

Last edited by Geo : 05-20-2008 at 03:54 PM.
Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 03:16 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyColtScout View Post
The rookie pay scale is so stupid. Falcons are smart for getting the deal done, and getting this kid into camp. Falcons are dumb because they just gave a rookie QB more money than Tony Romo (if I am not mistaken). Just plain crazy!
there is no rookie pay scale, that would solve these problems.....

but anyway, good for the falcons. hopefully this starts of a trend of rookies signing quickly this year.
Old 05-20-2008, 03:17 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Falcons were going to pay whoever they drafted huge money, it's not them it's the 3rd overall pick. Just like the Dolphins paid for Jake Long, and so on.

It is what it is. The important thing is that they got the deal done, unlike Russell and the Raiders last year, and can just move forward with football.
Old 05-20-2008, 03:18 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Harrington will light the world on fire this year. Just watch . . . the year that no one expects him to do anything, he will untap that college potential.
that's a good point... by now Joey should be like a talent vulcano :)

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 05-20-2008, 03:18 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good for us and Ryan. However that quite a bit of money, and this is a guy I was very back and forth on. I'm a wee bit nervous. Can't get much worse though.
Old 05-20-2008, 03:19 PM    (permalink
DragonFireKai
Veteran

DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
there is no rookie pay scale, that would solve these problems.....

but anyway, good for the falcons. hopefully this starts of a trend of rookies signing quickly this year.
You'll see a glut of players signed today, but anyone who doesn't sign today will probably enter into a protracted contract battle, due to the CBA.

Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens!
The Destroyer Is Manifest!
I reserve the rights to retract any posts made betwen midnight and 5 AM PST due to being really, really drunk
DragonFireKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 03:24 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Surprising to see a player drafted high sign before everyone else.

WMD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 03:25 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
I guess Ryan just really wanted to get on the field asap

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 05-20-2008, 03:28 PM    (permalink
TheGreatEscape
Veteran

TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.

I think he'll start week one unless Harrington lights it up in camp.
TheGreatEscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 03:32 PM    (permalink
Yatta!
Veteran

Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good job by Ryan making sure he gets into camp. Not surprising though, nice big contract.

Sig by Eaglez.Fan
Yatta! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 03:34 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatEscape View Post
I think he'll start week one unless Harrington lights it up in camp.

Joey isn't his competition. Chris Redman is.
Old 05-20-2008, 03:35 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Joey isn't his competition. Chris Redman is.
never count Joey out!

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 05-20-2008, 03:36 PM    (permalink
Tha Boss
Rookie

Tha Boss hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
I guess Ryan just really wanted to get on the field asap
I would say this is more of the teams doing, I think if you get offered the largest rookie contract in the history of the NFL, you take it. Although it is rediculous.
Tha Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 03:37 PM    (permalink
ninerfan
Pro Bowler

ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thank God we finally have a rookie without the big head. Excellent move by Ryan and the Falcons - the Vick era is dead and they can move on week 1 with Ryan under centre. If only more rookies took this attitude and actually proved themselves on the NFL field before holding out for the big bucks.

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me
ninerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 03:41 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hopefully Geo is right about the incentives deal. Thats alot of money.

But I am pretty ridiculously happy that he has signed already. I guess all things point to him starting day 1. I am loving the fact that he will not be holding out.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 03:44 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A lot of money, but his progression will be helped and he should have a legit shot at starting from day one.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 03:52 PM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is why the old CBA had to go. The NFL needs to get their act together and implement and NBA style rookie pay scale.
Basileus777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 03:56 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basileus777 View Post
This is why the old CBA had to go. The NFL needs to get their act together and implement and NBA style rookie pay scale.
the only problem is that they would have to make some concessions to the players union to get that in the new CBA and the whole reason they nixed the old one was because they felt they were already making too many monetary concessions....
Old 05-20-2008, 03:56 PM    (permalink
Watchman
Veteran

Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninerfan View Post
If only more rookies took this attitude and actually proved themselves on the NFL field before holding out for the big bucks.

It would have been tough for Ryan to hold out with that type of money on the table. The Falcons made it a pretty easy decision for him.

My Grandfather
Watchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 04:00 PM    (permalink
Wyndham
Rookie

Wyndham hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
Not really. Arthur Blank just agreed to pay him as much as $72 million. What's Ryan gonna do, say "no thanks" in the hopes that St. Louis signs Chris Long to a six-year, $85 million deal?
Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote