Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-20-2008, 07:32 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

72 million.lol. I needed a good laugh thanks Mr.Blank.
Old 05-20-2008, 07:36 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jamarcus Russell: "Nearest McDonalds is right there. I am heading over there after I finish scratching my balls."

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 07:45 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
Jamarcus Russell: "Nearest McDonalds is right there. I am heading over there after I finish scratching my balls."
Yet he's still a better prospect than Matt Ryan. Lawlz. ;)
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 07:47 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post

Reggie Bush good sir. Reggie Bush.
Old 05-20-2008, 07:49 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Good for him. Now lets see who the better NFL QB is.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 07:50 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
72 million.lol. I needed a good laugh thanks Mr.Blank.
I know a fan of the Raiders is not saying this. Tommy Kelly 50 million. Javon Walker 50 million. Gibril Wilson 40 million. DeAngelo Hall 70 million, and that was the best deal of the bunch!

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 07:50 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great news for the Falgoons. They need him in Training Camp.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 07:52 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's a lot of money, but look on the bright side. At least he's going to be there for the start of training camp. Everyday of practice helps.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 07:58 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Reggie Bush good sir. Reggie Bush.
Had a fine rookie season and a lackluster sophomore season which was he injured in most of. Point?
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 08:04 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Had a fine rookie season and a lackluster sophomore season which was he injured in most of. Point?
He was expected to be the messiah of the Saints and be the biggest big play threat the NFL has seen in a number of years. So far he has averaged 3.7 yards per carry in his career and his longest run in his 312 regular season carries is 22 yards. He has had 161 regular season receptions and only four touchdowns on the bunch. He has only averaged 7.2 yards per reception in his career, 5.7 last year. 5.7 is about what you would expect his yard per carry to be, but that is 3.7. On 473 touches total for his regular season career he has only fourteen touchdowns.

I would say he has been a disappointment to date.

Old 05-20-2008, 08:06 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
I know a fan of the Raiders is not saying this. Tommy Kelly 50 million. Javon Walker 50 million. Gibril Wilson 40 million. DeAngelo Hall 70 million, and that was the best deal of the bunch!
So we paid a bunch of good players less money than a guy who hasnt played a down in the NFL yet. yep your argument makes alot of sense.
Old 05-20-2008, 08:07 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Better prospects don't always be the better NFL player. As DeAngelo pointed out below me.
Old 05-20-2008, 08:08 PM    (permalink
RaiderFan
Rookie

RaiderFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Al Davis is gonna look like a Genius in 2 years.
Imagine how much players will cost next year.
RaiderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 08:11 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
So we paid a bunch of good players less money than a guy who hasnt played a down in the NFL yet. yep your argument makes alot of sense.
Well, Tommy Kelly is good. That's news to me!

Old 05-20-2008, 08:14 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Perhaps i was a bit harsh with what i said. But ive said all along that i wouldn't touch him or even consider him until the middle of the 1st round at best. I felt that if the Falcons took him #3 overall it would be a terrible mistake.

While other quarterbacks have had their share of poor statistics (Eli being the posterboy of a qb who had poor stats but still won), the problems that stick out to me with Ryan have been he's never impressed me when i saw him play. Forget stats, you guys know i hate using stats unless i absolutely have to use them to validate my reasonings, when I saw Ryan play it was just unimpressive. He didn't wow me the way a top 10 pick should wow you. I was wowed when i saw Eli, Ben, Rivers, Cutler, Young, Quinn, to a lesser extent Leinart, but i didn't see anything from Ryan to make me believe he would be a franchise caliber player.

Can he be solid? Yes i think he can, but I don't think he'll ever be franchise caliber, and top 3 picks are supposed to be more than that.

Let's face it, the main reason why the Falcons took him wasn't necessarily for his ability, but moreso bc they needed a clean face as the future of their franchise, and they needed to unequivocally remove themselves from Michael Vick in every way possible.

I initially felt that the Falcons couldve been a sleeper team this upcoming year, depending on the moves they could potentially make. To me, they failed miserably this offseason. They made a lot of poor decisions, from letting go of Hall, to a poor hiring of a coaching staff imo, to not maximizing investments out of all those draft picks.

This team wasn't nearly as bad as they were perceived to be, but a lot of questionable moves this offseason leads me to believe that they got worse. Not every year is going to have a stud qb, we have to realize that. This was one of those years where teams shouldve shyed away from taking a qb early. Theres always that one team that feels compelled to take a qb early just because. Atlanta was that team this year.

I readily admit i can be wrong though. As background, here is how ive rated the qbs from previous drafts:

1. Eli
2. Rivers
3. Ben

1. Jason Campbell
2. Aaron Rodgers
3. Alex Smith

1. Jay Cutler
2. Matt Leinart
3. Vince Young

1. Brady Quinn
2. John Beck
3. Trent Edwards
4. JaMarcus Russell
5. Troy Smith

1. Joe Flacco
2. Andre Smith
3. Matt Ryan
4. Brian Brohm
5. Chad Henne

take it for what its worth.

Last edited by bigbluedefense : 05-20-2008 at 08:17 PM.
bigbluedefense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 08:14 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Well, Tommy Kelly is good. That's news to me!
Its news to you because youve never watched him play.
Either way hes better Ryan and he costs less to.

Last edited by doingthisinsteadofwork : 05-20-2008 at 08:17 PM.
doingthisinsteadofwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 08:17 PM    (permalink
RaiderFan
Rookie

RaiderFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Imagine how much Players will make in 2010 with inflation like this. Al Davis has foresight.
RaiderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 08:22 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't understand it when the #3 draft pick is getting more than the #1 overall draft pick of the year before. And I can't think of anyone who would say that Ryan is a better talent than Jrock.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 08:22 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

isnt it Andre Woodson bbd?
Old 05-20-2008, 08:23 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Perhaps i was a bit harsh with what i said. But ive said all along that i wouldn't touch him or even consider him until the middle of the 1st round at best. I felt that if the Falcons took him #3 overall it would be a terrible mistake.

While other quarterbacks have had their share of poor statistics (Eli being the posterboy of a qb who had poor stats but still won), the problems that stick out to me with Ryan have been he's never impressed me when i saw him play. Forget stats, you guys know i hate using stats unless i absolutely have to use them to validate my reasonings, when I saw Ryan play it was just unimpressive. He didn't wow me the way a top 10 pick should wow you. I was wowed when i saw Eli, Ben, Rivers, Cutler, Young, Quinn, to a lesser extent Leinart, but i didn't see anything from Ryan to make me believe he would be a franchise caliber player.

Can he be solid? Yes i think he can, but I don't think he'll ever be franchise caliber, and top 3 picks are supposed to be more than that.

Let's face it, the main reason why the Falcons took him wasn't necessarily for his ability, but moreso bc they needed a clean face as the future of their franchise, and they needed to unequivocally remove themselves from Michael Vick in every way possible.

I initially felt that the Falcons couldve been a sleeper team this upcoming year, depending on the moves they could potentially make. To me, they failed miserably this offseason. They made a lot of poor decisions, from letting go of Hall, to a poor hiring of a coaching staff imo, to not maximizing investments out of all those draft picks.

This team wasn't nearly as bad as they were perceived to be, but a lot of questionable moves this offseason leads me to believe that they got worse. Not every year is going to have a stud qb, we have to realize that. This was one of those years where teams shouldve shyed away from taking a qb early. Theres always that one team that feels compelled to take a qb early just because. Atlanta was that team this year.

I readily admit i can be wrong though. As background, here is how ive rated the qbs from previous drafts:

1. Eli
2. Rivers
3. Ben

1. Jason Campbell
2. Aaron Rodgers
3. Alex Smith

1. Jay Cutler
2. Matt Leinart
3. Vince Young

1. Brady Quinn
2. John Beck
3. Trent Edwards
4. JaMarcus Russell
5. Troy Smith

1. Joe Flacco
2. Andre Smith
3. Matt Ryan
4. Brian Brohm
5. Chad Henne

take it for what its worth.
We could have put some bandaids on things and been decent next year. But then Brooking, Coleman, Horn, Milloy, Crumpler, and the rest of the aging team would have been done. We have built for the future, not put on bandaids.

And credibility is sapped when a fake QB is number two on your list.

Old 05-20-2008, 08:24 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
I don't understand it when the #3 draft pick is getting more than the #1 overall draft pick of the year before. And I can't think of anyone who would say that Ryan is a better talent than Jrock.
Who said that? Ryan may very well have a better career. Talent is not all of the equation. Surroundings and intangibles, yes intangibles, have a lot to do with it.

Old 05-20-2008, 08:26 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
Yeah but apparently hes a very smart QB despite the fact that he threw 19 ints in his final year.
Old 05-20-2008, 08:27 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah but apparently hes a very smart QB despite the fact that he threw 19 ints in his final year.
oh, now we're going to hear about how bad his supporting cast was. wait, let me get my popcorn and watch this unfold...
Old 05-20-2008, 08:28 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Smart and cocky are not the same thing. Ryan had too much confidence in his arm and attempted to make a ton of plays due to a bad team around him.

Oh, and he threw the ball like 50 times a game, second most in the nation. Same pass to interception ratio as John David Booty. Hmm, don't hear Booty is a pick prone QB much.

Old 05-20-2008, 08:29 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
oh, now we're going to hear about how bad his supporting cast was. wait, let me get my popcorn and watch this unfold...
Was it good?