Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-25-2008, 05:43 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sveen View Post
NFC North
Detroit: The Wide Receivers (?)
Pretty sure its Matt Millen, I don't know who else comes to mind before he does, at least at this point...That could be taken as a bad thing, but he is on of those GM's who you think of when you talk about the team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 07:15 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The face of the Detroit Lions is Matt Millen. No way around that one.

To the Lions fans, it might be Kitna or Tha Legend, but to the rest of the sports world, whenever someone says Detroit Lions, Matt Millen comes to mind.

Hey, no one said it had to be a good face.
Old 05-25-2008, 10:28 PM    (permalink
Hwoarang
Veteran

Hwoarang is a cocksman.Hwoarang is a cocksman.Hwoarang is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
The face of the Detroit Lions is Matt Millen. No way around that one.
Yeah well just because they're the face of the franchise doesn't mean it's a good thing..
Hwoarang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 10:31 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

There's the face of our franchise. Hide the women and children.
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 11:31 PM    (permalink
JordanTaber
Veteran

JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber

49ers: Mike Nolan

He's made sure of that.
JordanTaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 01:33 AM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like that Mangini got alot of talk here...but I'd say Rhodes or Harris. Revis or Leon can be argued I guess...Mangold wouldn't be a bad choice either.
SenorGato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 02:04 AM    (permalink
Byrd430
Veteran

Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For my 'Boys, it's definitely Tony Romo. T.O. makes it close, but a lot of people also remember Owens for his roles in SF and Philly. Romo is solely remembered for Dallas football, Jessica Simpson, and terrible vocals....

On a side note:
It seems that Kitna has sort of made himself a temporary face for the Lions franchise. I mean, guaranteeing ten wins? All eyes were on him when the Lions came out winning and also when they collapsed later in the season.

Thanks BoneKrusher! The Sig King!
Byrd430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 02:16 AM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah it's not necessarily your best or favorite player but the guy all fans associate most strongly with your team right now.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 03:49 AM    (permalink
kingofkings1015

AFC

Patriots- Tom Brady
Bills- Marshawn Lynch
Jets-
Dolphins- Bill Parcells

AFC South-
Colts- Peyton Manning
Jaguars- Fred Taylor
Titans- Vince Young
Texans- Mario Williams

AFC North-
Steelers- Ben Rothlesberger
Browns- Braylon Edwards
Bengals- Chad Johnson
Ravens- Ray Lewis

AFC West-
Chargers- LT
Broncos- Jay Cutler
Chiefs- Larry Johnson
Raiders- J.Russal

NFC

NFC East-
Cowboys- TO
Giants- Eli Manning
Redskins- Clinton Portis
Eagles- Donovan McNabb

NFC South
Buccaneers- Jon Gruden
Panthers- Steve Smith
Saints- Drew Brees
Falcons- Matt Ryan

NFC North-
Packers- AJ Hawk
Vikings- AD
Lions- Matt Millen even tho i hate to say it
Bears- Brian Urlacher

NFC West-
Seahawks- Lofa Tatupu
Cardinals- Matt Leinart
49ers- Vernon Davis
Rams- Steven Jackson
Old 05-26-2008, 03:56 AM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whenever I hear Seahawks I think Holmgren....
trkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 06:05 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trkaline View Post
Whenever I hear Seahawks I think Holmgren....
Whenever i hear Holmgren i think
Old 05-26-2008, 07:35 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Whenever i hear Holmgren i think
More like...

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 11:36 AM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
More like...

and when I think Giant Walrus I think...

Really though I think Reids Holmgrens long lost son...
trkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 11:40 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Right now it's Braylon. All time it's Jim.
Old 05-26-2008, 02:55 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know about yall but everytime I hear Dallas Cowboys I think of Jerry Jones.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 03:07 PM    (permalink
ManOverboard
Rookie

ManOverboard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ManOverboard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ManOverboard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ManOverboard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ManOverboard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ManOverboard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ManOverboard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ManOverboard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ManOverboard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ManOverboard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ManOverboard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jets is Kerry Rhodes
Old 05-26-2008, 03:19 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManOverboard View Post
Jets is Kerry Rhodes
Really?

The Face of a Franchise isn't your best player. The Face of a Franchise is who the general public would think of when a team is brought up. How many people know who Kerry Rhodes is? Not to many. The face of the Jets franchise might already be Vernon Gholston.

For example, Brian Westbrook is the Eagles best player but when you think of the Eagles you almost automatically think of Donovan McNabb.
eaglesfan_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 03:27 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesfan_45 View Post
AFC
Bengals- Chad Johnson (not for long)
Yea I am hoping come June 1st he becomes the new Face of the Eagles.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 03:29 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripedWalrus View Post
Yea I am hoping come June 1st he becomes the new Face of the Eagles.
bite your tounge
Old 05-26-2008, 03:35 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
bite your tounge
LOL... it could happen and I think it will be the best for both teams. Your team will get Chad Johnson and Andrews. The Bengals get 2 first round draft picks Laws, maybe some other players... ... and the Bengals get rid of Johnson. Everyone is happy. McNabb will play great because he has a Stud Receiver to throw to. Then Chad Johnson becomes the face of the Eagles...well maybe at least the mouth. =)
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 03:39 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

Quote:
LOL... it could happen and I think it will be the best for both teams. Your team will get Chad Johnson and Andrews. The Bengals get 2 first round draft picks Laws, maybe some other players... ... and the Bengals get rid of Johnson. Everyone is happy. McNabb will play great because he has a Stud Receiver to throw to. Then Chad Johnson becomes the face of the Eagles...well maybe at least the mouth. =)
la la la la
I can't hear you
la la la la
Old 05-26-2008, 04:35 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Really?

The Face of a Franchise isn't your best player. The Face of a Franchise is who the general public would think of when a team is brought up. How many people know who Kerry Rhodes is? Not to many. The face of the Jets franchise might already be Vernon Gholston.

For example, Brian Westbrook is the Eagles best player but when you think of the Eagles you almost automatically think of Donovan McNabb.
exactly, ive been wanting to point that out for a while now, just couldn't come up with the right way to word it.

like to the people who've been saying boley as the falcons or barnett to the packers.....yeah, those guys are great players, but your average fan probably has no idea who they are.

i mentioned earlier that for a lot of teams, its a guy who they dont even have anymore. like, i would say that the packers is brett favre in a positive way and for the falcons, its mike vick in a negative way sadly.

i like to think of it this way. if you were to pull in 5 average fans from every team but yours, are the majority of them going to recognize the guys face?

i think 99% of average sports fans can recognize an urlacher, or peyton, or tom brady or brett favre or mike vick....not so much for a guy like kerry rhodes or michael boley.
Old 05-26-2008, 05:06 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the Jets I'd say it would still be Chad Pennington.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 05:12 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
For the Jets I'd say it would still be Chad Pennington.
agreed. i still picture him anyway
Old 05-26-2008, 05:30 PM    (permalink
DragonFireKai
Veteran

DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.

Quote:
The Eagles aren't going to make such a lopsided trade. At best, you could hope for the lower first, and maybe Laws or Jackson. There's no way you're going to get both firsts and players.

Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens!
The Destroyer Is Manifest!
I reserve the rights to retract any posts made betwen midnight and 5 AM PST due to being really, really drunk
DragonFireKai is offline   Reply With Quote