Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-27-2008, 11:26 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If this writer had any cajones, he would've went with Keith Bulluck as the Titans overrated player instead of making the generic choice of Vince Young. Keith has been slowly declining the past couple of years and I'm not even sure he's even the best linebacker on the Titans roster.
Old 05-28-2008, 12:49 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation420
Rookie

RaiderNation420 RaiderNation420 RaiderNation420

langston walker is garbage
RaiderNation420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 12:53 AM    (permalink
Cunningham
Rookie

Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
If this writer had any cajones, he would've went with Keith Bulluck as the Titans overrated player instead of making the generic choice of Vince Young. Keith has been slowly declining the past couple of years and I'm not even sure he's even the best linebacker on the Titans roster.
same goes for a lot of the other teams, pretty predictable article overall.
Old 05-28-2008, 01:02 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation420 View Post
langston walker is garbage

Gonna have to disagree with you there, seeing as he became very good player once he got out of Oakland and lived up to that seemingly laughable contract we gave him.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 01:14 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

McKinnie isn't necessarily overrated.. I thought he was very good last year, he got banged up towards the end.

I still think he hasn't hit his peak yet.
Old 05-28-2008, 02:36 AM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Pace analysis is wack on some many levels:

1. He was hardly a great edge rusher this year. 6 sacks is good, but not holy crap good.

2. It was only 6 sacks, I doubt we paid for *just* this guys sack racking ability. The Cardinals asked this guy to do alot within their D, and he didn't suck at it. He's good at playing the run and dropping back in coverage too.

3. Pace = Piece to the puzzle. He got paid like a king because of the market, not because the Jets expect him to be their savoir.

And whats Vernon Davis doing on an overrated list? He's on everyones "wait and see" list, but I don't hear any serious hype trains.

Anthony Montgomery is a beast.
SenorGato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 03:05 AM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd agree with the Packers I guess. Bigby is up for debate - depending on who you talk to he is either the best thing since sliced bread or the first guy we are trying to replace. It was hard to tell whether he was a young player improving or a flash in the pan.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 10:36 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't stand CJ, let that be known... But the man is not overrated.

Yes he fails to show in big games (those are all TJ) but the numbers don't lie.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 10:43 AM    (permalink
RoyHall#1
Pro Bowler

RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Right on with Sean Jones being underrated.
RoyHall#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 01:09 PM    (permalink
TRJ997
Rookie

TRJ997 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I don't really like the Bucs picks:

Jermaine Phillips had his 2nd good season last year. He doesn't get much hype because he hadn't played all that well in his first four years. He's had a couple good seasons and looks to be a player, but I think Barrett Ruud and Jeff Garcia are more underrated than Phillips. I expect Phillips to get more recognition and pro bowl consideration should he have another year like last season.

Ronde Barber is a bad pick for most overrated. I can't remember the last time I've heard anyone refer to him as an elite CB. Even when he picked off 10 passes in 2001, people were calling him a pure system player. Ronde's stats fell off a bit last year and at 33, he appears to be entering the downside of his career, but he's still solid. This spot should go to Ernest Graham or, dare I say . . . Mr. Derrick Brooks (blasphemy).
TRJ997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 01:17 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ernest ran hard. I think he is a good player.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 01:22 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Will Derrick Brooks ever slow down? He is 35 and still putting up 100 tackle seasons.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 01:37 PM    (permalink
TRJ997
Rookie

TRJ997 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Ernest ran hard. I think he is a good player.
Ernest did run hard and he's a good enough player to be in the NFL. Hoewever, he's a 3rd string RB who has been in the league for years without ever earning any regular season carries. His success strenghtens my opinion that RB's are a dime a dozen and offensive line is where the true value is.

Derrick Brooks has slowed down considerably from his DPOY days. The Bucs system is designed to funnel plays to the WIL, so DB's tackle stats stay high. He's missing more tackles than he should these days, though.
TRJ997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 01:56 PM    (permalink
Pb&j
Rookie

Pb&j is a cocksman.Pb&j is a cocksman.Pb&j is a cocksman.

About Donte Stallworth,

If you look at the contract it isn't actually 7 years 35million. It has a bonus next offseason which effectively makes it a one year contract, and the way it is structured it falls in line with the middle tier of recievers in the nfl. The only way for him to get the really big money is to play out the contract, which probably wont happen.
Pb&j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 02:42 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd go:

Overrated: Brandon Jacobs
Underrated: David Diehl or Amani Toomer
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 02:56 PM    (permalink
no love
Veteran

no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
And whats Vernon Davis doing on an overrated list? He's on everyones "wait and see" list, but I don't hear any serious hype trains.
Serious. I don't know how you can call this...
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/134550...is_highlights/
overrated.

Vernon is just waiting for a qb who can actually play up to the level of a competent NFL starter. 52 receptions for 509 yards is not bad for a team who had a sieve for an offensive line, and started Trent Dilfer and Shaun Hill for most of the year. And he is also quietly becoming one of the best blocking te's in the game.
no love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 03:05 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My exact thoughts on the Rams. Bennett over and Atogwe under, very nice.
Old 05-28-2008, 04:23 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Green Bay Packers

Quote:

Overrated: S Atari Bigby. He had some good plays down the stretch and in the playoffs. But he became a January phenomenon. If you watched him during the season, he struggled in coverage.
Underrated: CB Charles Woodson. It's criminal that he didn't go to the Pro Bowl last season. He was their best corner, not Al Harris, who did go to the Pro Bowl.

I totally agree, although, Al made it as a lifetime achievement sort of thing.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 05:17 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
I can't stand CJ, let that be known... But the man is not overrated.

Yes he fails to show in big games (those are all TJ) but the numbers don't lie.
I am more surprised they put Peko in as underrated. At least when it comes to Bengaldom, we value Peko greatly! I guess the rest of the NFL doesnt know who he is. =(

On the Chad note...I can't stand him either. He does let the team down sometimes with his misques and stuff but he is still a great receiver and still one of the best. So I dont know why they would say he is overrated. Then again I suppose you have to look at the team and say "who are the most hyped players on the team" The team really doesnt have alot of hyped players. People place the Bengals in a field of mediocrity so who on the team gets the most hype but possibly doesnt perform to its standards at all times. In that instance it would indeed be Chad. Still though I dont agree to him being overrated...but maybe the most overrated on the team...if that makes any sense.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 05:24 PM    (permalink
no love
Veteran

no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripedWalrus View Post
I am more surprised they put Peko in as underrated. At least when it comes to Bengaldom, we value Peko greatly! I guess the rest of the NFL doesnt know who he is. =(
Oh I think you will see how much people know about him when free agency rolls around. He is going to cost some coin.
no love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 06:52 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by no love View Post
Oh I think you will see how much people know about him when free agency rolls around. He is going to cost some coin.
He is a player I pray the Bengals don't let walk.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 06:57 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Bengals are working on an extension... Hopefully it gets done this offseason.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 12:44 AM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
overrated.

Vernon is just waiting for a qb who can actually play up to the level of a competent NFL starter. 52 receptions for 509 yards is not bad for a team who had a sieve for an offensive line, and started Trent Dilfer and Shaun Hill for most of the year. And he is also quietly becoming one of the best blocking te's in the game.
call me one guy not blown away by that video clip.......a few replayed highlights in how many years? didn't seem all that special for the most part. u can tell he has the speed after the catch, but we knew that coming in. What has he really done for me. Sure u can say the QB has been lackluster, but he has been far from up to what to is expected/his rep. His rep is sky high after that combine, and he has done next to nothing.

straight up, that clip did nothing to erase the 'overrated' label of him from my mind. no doubt he has the ability to produce, but give me some production, which is the basis for an overrated label.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 01:16 AM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really didn't see anything impressive in the video...most plays he was wide open in a hole in zone coverage and made the catch, then ran in a straight line and either got tackled or the defender screwed up.

He still doesn't fight for the ball in the air, isn't very quick and his only YAC ability is being relatively fast when he runs straight.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 01:25 AM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
overrated.

Vernon is just waiting for a qb who can actually play up to the level of a competent NFL starter. 52 receptions for 509 yards is not bad for a team who had a sieve for an offensive line, and started Trent Dilfer and Shaun Hill for most of the year.
You ain't just whistlin dixie. 1:35-1:38, Arizona almost gets to the QB with a three man rush.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote