Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 10-14-2008, 07:33 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

GT's Jahi Word-Daniels is a great CB. I watched a lot of him because they show GT games all the time. I've seen him done it all, he is super against the run and does a great job covering as well. Maybe a 2-3 round guy, but he is really falling under the radar.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 07:35 PM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

DraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
GT's Jahi Word-Daniels is a great CB. I watched a lot of him because they show GT games all the time. I've seen him done it all, he is super against the run and does a great job covering as well. Maybe a 2-3 round guy, but he is really falling under the radar.
LOL you Americans and the crazy names you give your children. I still think BenJavarus GreenEllis takes the cake though. Seriously, its like a sentence

What about Domonique Johnson. Could he do a DRC as draft times nears. Triangle numbers are nuts.

Also do you think WR Brandan Tate could last till the 4th round now? I mean talk about killing 4 birds with one stone. You get...another weapon for Ryan, a replacement for Jennings #5/#6WR, a PR and you dont miss out on defensive playmakers in the early rounds. Everyone wins!

Even if he starts out on the PUP list, there would be no pressure for him to take over from our WRs now anyway. Get him 100% and you may have yourself a steal.

I just did some reading on Tackle turned Gaurd turned Tackle Kraig Urbik from Wisconsin. If he was there in the 3rd id consider him for his versitility and the fact that he could keep Clabo and Dahl on their toes and provide great depth. He is 6"6 330. If we went ahead with one or two impact F/A signings and had a solid first two rounds i wouldnt mind brining in a guy like him in the 3rd to develop. My first Mock draft seems to be coming together.

Finally. WOW this Brandan Swain guy, DE out of West Texas A&M reminds me so much of all the stuff i read about Kroy Biermann when we drafted him. Production Production Production

Last edited by DraftMichaelHuff : 10-14-2008 at 08:03 PM.
DraftMichaelHuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 05:51 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why are so many threads in this forum locked??

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 10:40 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
I see that as iloxy's sig quote for many many years. :p
I need to get that image re uploaded, the site it was on doesn't exist anymore. If you tell me what it is, I'll re-up it or redo it. I still have to do one for one of our fellow falcons on this board, but I just now got my new computer set up, and I finally think it's stable *crosses fingers*
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 11:18 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Why are so many threads in this forum locked??
basically they are pointless and dead. I think the three sticky threads is all we need.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 10-15-2008, 11:21 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloxygenil View Post
I need to get that image re uploaded, the site it was on doesn't exist anymore. If you tell me what it is, I'll re-up it or redo it. I still have to do one for one of our fellow falcons on this board, but I just now got my new computer set up, and I finally think it's stable *crosses fingers*
idk what you're talking about. What image?

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 10-15-2008, 11:22 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftMichaelHuff View Post
LOL you Americans and the crazy names you give your children. I still think BenJavarus GreenEllis takes the cake though. Seriously, its like a sentence

What about Domonique Johnson. Could he do a DRC as draft times nears. Triangle numbers are nuts.

Also do you think WR Brandan Tate could last till the 4th round now? I mean talk about killing 4 birds with one stone. You get...another weapon for Ryan, a replacement for Jennings #5/#6WR, a PR and you dont miss out on defensive playmakers in the early rounds. Everyone wins!

Even if he starts out on the PUP list, there would be no pressure for him to take over from our WRs now anyway. Get him 100% and you may have yourself a steal.

I just did some reading on Tackle turned Gaurd turned Tackle Kraig Urbik from Wisconsin. If he was there in the 3rd id consider him for his versitility and the fact that he could keep Clabo and Dahl on their toes and provide great depth. He is 6"6 330. If we went ahead with one or two impact F/A signings and had a solid first two rounds i wouldnt mind brining in a guy like him in the 3rd to develop. My first Mock draft seems to be coming together.

Finally. WOW this Brandan Swain guy, DE out of West Texas A&M reminds me so much of all the stuff i read about Kroy Biermann when we drafted him. Production Production Production
Damn man, you really went off topic on me there.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 10-16-2008, 03:03 AM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

blughrewhguhfddgdf
Old 10-16-2008, 05:17 AM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

DraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Damn man, you really went off topic on me there.
yeah, ill admit that i did get a bit carried away. With Word-Daniels and the guys i mentioned i thought i might have stirred up some more discussion though.

I hate the bye week
Old 10-16-2008, 10:51 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Gives us a good week to sit and do nothing but pay attention to college football.

My top guy right now is Everette Brown from FSU. The kid is just exactly what I want to come in and spell Abe and take over when he's done. I think DL is the way to go, and without a legit DT this year I don't think we need to look anywhere else. The more games we win obviously the farther down the draft boards we slide, but imo we're going to end up in prime realestate to grab any player at any position we want.

If we feel like an OL is the best then we can take him in the mid/mid-late first round. If we feel like WR is the way to go, then there's no question there. There won't be the same pressure as picking higher up in the draft.

I also REALLY like Brian Cushing. He's pretty much exactly what we'd need to replace Brooking and I think we should keep that going. I like Nicholas, he's insanely versatile, but I feel like Cushing would be a great fit...to be honest Boley could end up at WLB if he likes keeping his playing weight down, and we could put a bigger guy over at the SLB position. So many options this year, it's great.

Safety is still my #1 choice, but Everette Brown is pingin my radar big time. Even if Jamaal becomes what he has the ability to become, I still want Brown. If Jamaal ends the year with 10 sacks and Abe with 15 I'd still like to get a DE. Esp as much as we rotate them. You can really tell when our backups are out there, that's when opponents tend to move the ball much better on first down setting up easier plays to move the chains.
Old 10-16-2008, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftMichaelHuff View Post
yeah, ill admit that i did get a bit carried away. With Word-Daniels and the guys i mentioned i thought i might have stirred up some more discussion though.

I hate the bye week
I just noticed your sig quote and i must say it's pretty sweet. I put pg. 49 on my location. I'll be cool if we get everybody on here to do that, since most people dont have anything for location.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 10-16-2008, 05:54 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently Tony Gonzalez rejected a trade to us. I thought we would attempt to make a move, too bad he rejected it. He rejected a trade offer from Buffalo as well.

Old 10-16-2008, 05:55 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am glad he rejected us. Apparently (Sirius) we offered a 2nd for him. He would be a great weapon, and I think he has a year or two left, but 2nd is pretty valuable.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 06:00 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Definitely. I would offer a third at most. But we are trying to win now, and he would be a big piece to the puzzle.

Old 10-16-2008, 06:02 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

He would but dumbass rejected to play with the best QB in the NFL. His loss. Seriouly though, i think he rejected it because he wants a ring, and obviusly he doesnt believe he'll be getting one in ATL.

Quote:
we all hate you

Last edited by Bosanac01 : 10-16-2008 at 06:26 PM.
Old 10-16-2008, 06:07 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He would but dumbass rejected to play with the best QB in the NFL. His loss. Seriouly though, i think he rejected it because he wants a ring, and obiously he doesnt believe he'll be getting one in ATL.

Bingo. It's not as if he needs any more stats, so unless he thinks he can get a ring, he probably didn't want to uproot himself and his family.
Old 10-16-2008, 10:00 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im glad we didnt get him. For a 2nd thats not worth it at all even if he plays anohter yr. Id rather draft a young guy and develop him in our system as well as the locker room. You know Tony would have thought he was better thn everyone else in that locker room and feel as if he deserves something.
Old 10-16-2008, 10:13 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

Hey, gotta question about Vick....Once he is released from prison, we still have the rights to him as a player correct??

And if so, what do you guys think we could get out of him, we obviously don't want him in Atlanta, but some organization will take a chance on him...right?
Old 10-16-2008, 10:24 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

No way will a team trade for him with his character and more importantly contract. No shot.

Old 10-16-2008, 10:34 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

Quote:
No way will a team trade for him with his character and more importantly contract. No shot.
What do we do w/ him, just release him or what?? Arthur and him obviously have a good relationship, so its not like he is gonna pay back all his money to us, tho it would be nice to have even more cap room.
Old 10-16-2008, 10:39 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

He will be released.

Old 10-16-2008, 10:57 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
He will be released.
Either that or he's gonna be carrying Matt Ryan's equipment.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 10-16-2008, 11:19 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

I just bought my brand new Matt Ryan jersey. I can't wait till the Eagles game
Old 10-16-2008, 11:30 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

Quote:
He will be released.
Ya but wont that make us take a huge cap penalty...
Old 10-17-2008, 07:46 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunagan15 View Post
I just bought my brand new Matt Ryan jersey. I can't wait till the Eagles game
I want to get one of those too. I'm still rocking my Vick Jersey on Sundays...it's the only one I have, and I don't wanna justify another jersey purchase...maybe I'll just wait til someone else buys me one lol.