Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 10-17-2008, 07:16 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunagan15 View Post
Ya but wont that make us take a huge cap penalty...
Dude, Vick will not be on the Falcons roster. It would cause too much upstir. We have kept him to delay the cap hit, but when he is released from prison and back on the team he will not be a Falcon, and the only solution is to release him.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 09:09 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Okay...so Myron Rolle has become a monster. He's hitting like WOAH and he's all over the field, no longer is he getting there .5 second late, or is he standing around waiting for people to get to him to make the hit, he's blowing through people and he wraps up beautifully. I want him on this squad more and more. He's a SS for FSU, but the kid is all over the ball and FSU doesn't just drop the FS back in coverage, it's about 50/50 and watching Myron lately shows he's working up to his potential. Now that his focus isn't on school (to graduate in 2.5 years obviously it was completely on school) but now it's on football...anything this kid puts his mind to he's accomplishing. Wow. I know it's only been a couple games. If he continues this out for the rest of the year, he's going to VAULT up boards everywhere.
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 01:48 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's good. I've always been a big Myron fan.
Old 10-17-2008, 02:14 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
That's good. I've always been a big Myron fan.
I've wanted to be, but I had to force myself not to be biased towards him as a player because I obviously wanted him to succeed being that he plays for FSU. But he's finally stepping up. These last 2 games he's stopped playing scared. Before it was like he was afraid to hit someone, these last 2 games he's rocked some people, but instead of doing the typical big hit, he wraps up, instead of just throwing a shoulder into them. That's what I like.
Old 10-17-2008, 02:18 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Dude, Vick will not be on the Falcons roster. It would cause too much upstir. We have kept him to delay the cap hit, but when he is released from prison and back on the team he will not be a Falcon, and the only solution is to release him.
I know there is no way he is on the roster, but I think as a Front Office has to at least see if there is any interest , I mean even if it is a 7th round pick they at least have to look into it.
Old 10-17-2008, 04:09 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I know there is no way he is on the roster, but I think as a Front Office has to at least see if there is any interest , I mean even if it is a 7th round pick they at least have to look into it.
I'm not sure what you don't get. His contract would be too bad too handle and no team would offer anything considering the cap hit, bad publicity, and so on.

Old 10-17-2008, 06:36 PM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

DraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloxygenil View Post
I've wanted to be, but I had to force myself not to be biased towards him as a player because I obviously wanted him to succeed being that he plays for FSU. But he's finally stepping up. These last 2 games he's stopped playing scared. Before it was like he was afraid to hit someone, these last 2 games he's rocked some people, but instead of doing the typical big hit, he wraps up, instead of just throwing a shoulder into them. That's what I like.
Man with the guys school work and dedication to everything he does i almost gaurentee we scout him heavily. A combo of Vince from Duke and Rolle out of FSU in the 1st and 2nd round nets us a couple of real athletic nerds and players that you can almost gaurentee will do all that they can not to bust. Its almost crazy that Rolle played college ball as almost an outlet from school work. While he didnt set the world on fire, he still was OK, which is crazy when every other player is football 24/7, he would still have huge potential to improveas a full time player.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwRnCHAQ5Ys seems very TD compadible

Last edited by DraftMichaelHuff : 10-17-2008 at 06:49 PM.
DraftMichaelHuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 07:19 PM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

DraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

here is the first i have really seen of Vince Oghobaase on the football feild where you can tell what player he is. I know its youtube and you cant scout players like that but i'm just putting this in here incase anyone wants to check him out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUw5RvPZ48o
Old 10-17-2008, 07:22 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

I've never been a fan of Oghobasse for the Falcons. Definitely a three technique, no way a nose tackle. You can tell just by watching that video he is in no way a nose tackle.

Good player, but not what we need. We have a good three technique in Babineaux who we need to re-sign.

Old 10-17-2008, 07:38 PM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

Quote:
I've never been a fan of Oghobasse for the Falcons. Definitely a three technique, no way a nose tackle. You can tell just by watching that video he is in no way a nose tackle.

Good player, but not what we need. We have a good three technique in Babineaux who we need to re-sign.

Yeah he deffinatley looks a whole lot more active than your typical 4/3 NT. I got another video of an interview with him too from this year, dead set, if i didnt know better i would think we was a 260lb TE. Do you remember Stoud and Henderson in college? they seem to carry their weight as good as Vince, i wonder if they played like Vince, i didnt follow the draft back then. Still though, if he is excellent against the run like a good NT but can also rush a bit then that might just be a good thing.

BTW Im liking Shawn Nelson TE from Southern Miss. What round do you think he goes?
Old 10-17-2008, 07:44 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftMichaelHuff View Post
Yeah he deffinatley looks a whole lot more active than your typical 4/3 NT. I got another video of an interview with him too from this year, dead set, if i didnt know better i would think we was a 260lb TE. Do you remember Stoud and Henderson in college? they seem to carry their weight as good as Vince, i wonder if they played like Vince, i didnt follow the draft back then. Still though, if he is excellent against the run like a good NT but can also rush a bit then that might just be a good thing.

BTW Im liking Shawn Nelson TE from Southern Miss. What round do you think he goes?
I like Nelson a lot. If he runs the rumored 4.6 flat 40 yard dash at the Combine I think he could go in the 3rd round. His lack of bulk and blocking ability will really prevent him from going much higher.
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 07:50 PM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
I like Nelson a lot. If he runs the rumored 4.6 flat 40 yard dash at the Combine I think he could go in the 3rd round. His lack of bulk and blocking ability will really prevent him from going much higher.
The falcons already have a pair of excellent blocking TE's we are really missing that guy to split out to the slot and add another dimension to our passing game. We clearly are interested in improving this aspect as we supposedly offered a 2nd for Gonzo but a young guy in the 3rd with that skillset would be ideal, he would be what Martrez Milner was meant to be . Mike Smith really emphasises what players do well so while they would work on his blocking, they wouldnt put him in the same situations they do with Hartstock who can block like an OT.
Old 10-17-2008, 07:57 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The falcons already have a pair of excellent blocking TE's we are really missing that guy to split out to the slot and add another dimension to our passing game. We clearly are interested in improving this aspect as we supposedly offered a 2nd for Gonzo but a young guy in the 3rd with that skillset would be ideal, he would be what Martrez Milner was meant to be . Mike Smith really emphasises what players do well so while they would work on his blocking, they wouldnt put him in the same situations they do with Hartstock who can block like an OT.
If the medical redshirt gets denied, Cornelius Ingram could be a steal in the mid-late rounds for you all.
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 08:27 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
If the medical redshirt gets denied, Cornelius Ingram could be a steal in the mid-late rounds for you all.
Ingram already stated he will turn pro.
Old 10-17-2008, 08:27 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I'm not sure what you don't get. His contract would be too bad too handle and no team would offer anything considering the cap hit, bad publicity, and so on.
I completely forgot about them picking up the contract. My B. Any clue on exactly how many years are left on it?
Old 10-17-2008, 08:42 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I completely forgot about them picking up the contract. My B. Any clue on exactly how many years are left on it?
Like five I would guess. 10 year contract starting in 2002/2003??

Old 10-17-2008, 08:53 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Like five I would guess. 10 year contract starting in 2002/2003??
god we are idiots, how much of a hit do you think our 33 mil. cap will take
Old 10-17-2008, 09:04 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

I don't know. I'm not too informed on the cap.

Old 10-17-2008, 09:10 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I don't know. I'm not too informed on the cap.
ya im not either...that number came off Madden so im sure they try to be accurate, and if that number is correct we def have room for a big FA signing.
Old 10-17-2008, 09:12 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe we can get some money back, it'll be interesting when he gets out. Im pretty sure it's next year, whats the date?

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 10:20 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
Maybe we can get some money back, it'll be interesting when he gets out. Im pretty sure it's next year, whats the date?
He's released from prison July 2009 so if he isnt suspended (which I'm sure he will be) he could play in the 2009 season (obviously on a different team).

I think we will be able to get money back just like Ricky Williams had to pay back the Dolphins and the same as Charles Rodgers for the Lions.
Old 10-17-2008, 10:40 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Man with the guys school work and dedication to everything he does i almost gaurentee we scout him heavily. A combo of Vince from Duke and Rolle out of FSU in the 1st and 2nd round nets us a couple of real athletic nerds and players that you can almost gaurentee will do all that they can not to bust. Its almost crazy that Rolle played college ball as almost an outlet from school work. While he didnt set the world on fire, he still was OK, which is crazy when every other player is football 24/7, he would still have huge potential to improveas a full time player.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwRnCHAQ5Ys seems very TD compadible
You know the most impacting thing to me in that Video? Watch what's going on in the background when they are interviewing the little girl towards the end of the day and you can hear them all say what you expect, what all football players would get kids to understand, but the thing that puts Myron in a category all of his own. No matter what the accolades he's getting, he was still cleaning up the room before he left. He wasn't doing it for the camera, he was just cleaning up because that's what good people do, they understand kids are messy etc, don't bust em, but they have to just go about their duty and cleaning the place leaving it as nice as it was when they got there. Wow...impressive.
Old 10-17-2008, 10:46 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

well we definintly like the nerdy guys.. Ryan and HD from last yr
Old 10-18-2008, 08:48 PM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

Quote:
well we definintly like the nerdy guys.. Ryan and HD from last yr
Yeah its not something i really placed a emphasis on prior to this year but now i see it. It makes sense too, sure you hit on some guys who are just athletes without much going on upstairs, but its alot more hit and miss. Obviously, smart people generally make smarter choices with everything they do in life. In terms of football that means, more dedication, better decision making on & off the feild and far less distractions being caused.

I like Rolle lets hope he continues to play well. Imagine how he would take advantage of Lawyer being on the team.
Old 10-19-2008, 02:12 PM    (permalink
oldLibid21
Veteran

oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do you guys want to do with the CB position next year? Do you want Houston to start or move him over to nickel and put CHevis in or what? And with Von Hutchins back, we'll have four solid cornerbacks to play with (5 if you include Irons), what do you want to see happen next year?
oldLibid21 is offline   Reply With Quote