Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 10-19-2008, 02:20 PM    (permalink
oldLibid21
Veteran

oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How dedicated is Rolle to football if he's already on his way to a master's degree in the medical field? That's kind of 'unattractive' in a prospect. Don't get me wrong, Myron Rolle looks like an excellent player and an even better prospect, but what you'd have in Rolle is someone who can think 'Wow, I might be able to get more money from being something else than a football player'. Am I wrong to think like this? Just wondering. No offense to any of the Rolle lovers. I respect the man too, I wouldn't mind having a high character football player like him on the team, but I'm just very interested in what he'll decide to do.
oldLibid21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libid21 View Post
What do you guys want to do with the CB position next year? Do you want Houston to start or move him over to nickel and put CHevis in or what? And with Von Hutchins back, we'll have four solid cornerbacks to play with (5 if you include Irons), what do you want to see happen next year?
Our cornerbacks are really young; Chris Houston, Brent Grimes, Chevis Jackson, it's the first time those guys are getting significant PT in the NFL, it's not easy for a young CB so i say give them till the end of this year and then judge. They should be getting better as the year moves on, and they will have knowledge on specific WRs. Obviusly though, we need some size at CB, a guy who can match up against a big WR and not get pushed around.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 02:24 PM    (permalink
oldLibid21
Veteran

oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWORJQiNLbQ

That's hilarious.
oldLibid21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 02:27 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
How dedicated is Rolle to football if he's already on his way to a master's degree in the medical field? That's kind of 'unattractive' in a prospect. Don't get me wrong, Myron Rolle looks like an excellent player and an even better prospect, but what you'd have in Rolle is someone who can think 'Wow, I might be able to get more money from being something else than a football player'. Am I wrong to think like this? Just wondering. No offense to any of the Rolle lovers. I respect the man too, I wouldn't mind having a high character football player like him on the team, but I'm just very interested in what he'll decide to do.
I think its obvious if he declares for the NFL draft that he wants to play football. He will go to school as he plays NFL though. He understands that an NFL career is short and he can be a doctor or whatever he wants before 40.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 10-19-2008, 02:30 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He is not going to make more money in the medical field than in football. The minimum salary is like 500k. Doctors usually make around 100-200k starting out, unless they are like neurosurgeons or something. In any case, doctors making 1 million a year is about as good as you can get. Football players can easily earn more than that.

It might just be me, but I would rather have him go into the medical field rather than the football field. His impact on humanity would be a lot better as a doctor than as a football player.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 02:32 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The ending was freaking awesome hahaha. So unexpected.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 02:34 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
haha, yea that was funny.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 10-19-2008, 04:53 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloxygenil View Post
Okay...so Myron Rolle has become a monster. He's hitting like WOAH and he's all over the field, no longer is he getting there .5 second late, or is he standing around waiting for people to get to him to make the hit, he's blowing through people and he wraps up beautifully. I want him on this squad more and more. He's a SS for FSU, but the kid is all over the ball and FSU doesn't just drop the FS back in coverage, it's about 50/50 and watching Myron lately shows he's working up to his potential. Now that his focus isn't on school (to graduate in 2.5 years obviously it was completely on school) but now it's on football...anything this kid puts his mind to he's accomplishing. Wow. I know it's only been a couple games. If he continues this out for the rest of the year, he's going to VAULT up boards everywhere.
I recorded and re watched the entire FSU game to watch Everette Brown and Myron Rolle.

From what you are saying, Im not seeing why you are so impressed w/ Rolle as a prospect. His smarts always put him in the right place on the field, but only once, maybe twice did I see him make a hit on somebody. One particular play that I didnt like out of Rolle was a simple 6 yard out caught by the WR and the LB was chasing him down and Rolle could have easily sprinted to get a good shot on him and if the LB missed the tackle he would have been there to make the tackle. But no, instead Rolle simply was just jogging and watching assuming his teamate would make the play. That really pissed me off, you never see Polomalu (sp) let up on a play. Never does Ed Reed slack off, no top safetys do that.

Ultimately I see Rolle as a 3rd rounder right now.

As far as Brown goes at DE, the guy is great. He wasnt the force that Orakpo is, but who in the Nation is?? He was constantly getting double teamed most of the game and when he wasn't he was consistently getting pressure. I see him as a sure fire round 2 right now, and w/ a good rest of the season and a great combine could sneak into the bottom of round 1.
Old 10-19-2008, 04:57 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
haha, thats great..Athletic ability not included, wow thats awesome.
Old 10-19-2008, 05:49 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

Just thought I'd re-state myself. I want to see Chase Coffman in a Falcons uniform next year.

Even in the blowout loss to Texas, he still found a way to make plays.

12 rec. 140 yards 1 TD = Beast.
Old 10-19-2008, 06:13 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

The fact that we proposed a trade for Tony Gonzales shows that we are really interested in acquiring a TE, which means we will probly spend a high pick on one, since well the free agency has nothing to offer. Chase Coffman is a great possibility for us, because he can really help our passing game, and add another target especially when we hit red zone.

Quote:
we all hate you

Last edited by Bosanac01 : 10-19-2008 at 06:15 PM.
Old 10-19-2008, 06:30 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
The fact that we proposed a trade for Tony Gonzales shows that we are really interested in acquiring a TE, which means we will probly spend a high pick on one, since well the free agency has nothing to offer. Chase Coffman is a great possibility for us, because he can really help our passing game, and add another target especially when we hit red zone.
Yes. Every one get on my Coffman bandwagon. I mean we have been talking a lot about possibly adding Crabtree if value is there, but I mean depending on where we pick, 17-20 I would not be upset taking Coffman in the first.

Roddy, HD, Coffman, Jenkins/Robinson...That right there gives us our playmaker in Roddy, slot guy w/ HD and two huge Third down and red zone targets w/ Coffman and Jenkins. Hell we even have Robinson to come in if need be.

Coffman simply would just upgrade our Offense so much. If we go this route, it def makes sense to go after a CB in FA.
Old 10-19-2008, 08:13 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
um, you have a guy who has a goal in life AFTER football. that's what you have. and yes, you are very wrong. What is wrong with a guy who when he is done playing starting a medical practice?

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 09:09 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who are some other top TEs? I like TEs to make spectacular catches. Most of what I have seen out of Coffman is amazing YAC ability.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 09:35 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
Who are some other top TEs? I like TEs to make spectacular catches. Most of what I have seen out of Coffman is amazing YAC ability.
Jermaine Gresham from OU, but honestly im not crazy about him. He is the best all-around TE by far and will be a good pro, does his job and plays well. He just doesnt make those crazy catches or have exciting runs like Coffman does.

Also Pettigrew from Ok. St. , but he will be no where on our draft board due to off field issues.

I really like Jared Cook from South Carolina but I dont think he declares.

there are just a few that Ive noticed.
Old 10-19-2008, 10:54 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by scar988 View Post
um, you have a guy who has a goal in life AFTER football. that's what you have. and yes, you are very wrong. What is wrong with a guy who when he is done playing starting a medical practice?
That's pretty much what i said, but in a much nicer way. The bottom line is, he doesn't have to choose because he can do both.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 10-19-2008, 11:00 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

guys, go check out the new thread I started and enjoy. I think it will be fun, an offer a lot of discussion.
Old 10-19-2008, 11:01 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
Coffman can make spectacular catches though. Here's a vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQjTvtHHg9E

But since you asked for someone else, i have to say Jermaine Gresham and Pettigrew would make a great TE for us. Also Travis Beckum from Wisconsin, really other then those 2, 3 there isn't much.

Quote:
we all hate you

Last edited by Bosanac01 : 10-19-2008 at 11:04 PM.
Old 10-19-2008, 11:39 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunagan15 View Post
I recorded and re watched the entire FSU game to watch Everette Brown and Myron Rolle.

From what you are saying, Im not seeing why you are so impressed w/ Rolle as a prospect. His smarts always put him in the right place on the field, but only once, maybe twice did I see him make a hit on somebody. One particular play that I didnt like out of Rolle was a simple 6 yard out caught by the WR and the LB was chasing him down and Rolle could have easily sprinted to get a good shot on him and if the LB missed the tackle he would have been there to make the tackle. But no, instead Rolle simply was just jogging and watching assuming his teamate would make the play. That really pissed me off, you never see Polomalu (sp) let up on a play. Never does Ed Reed slack off, no top safetys do that.

Ultimately I see Rolle as a 3rd rounder right now.

As far as Brown goes at DE, the guy is great. He wasnt the force that Orakpo is, but who in the Nation is?? He was constantly getting double teamed most of the game and when he wasn't he was consistently getting pressure. I see him as a sure fire round 2 right now, and w/ a good rest of the season and a great combine could sneak into the bottom of round 1.
If you had watched Rolle before you'd have seen the difference, because now vs then...wow. He was running through and wrapping people up. I don't know which play you're talking about with the LB making the tackle, maybe it was painfully obvious that the play was going OB or something, if that's the case, then yes, Ed Reed slacks off so as not to get a 15 yard penalty.

Rolle was always NEAR the ball but never getting to it. These last 2 games he has gotten there. He was wrapping and bringing people down with force, he hadn't done that before. It's a different player on the field now.

This week Brown had a terrible game, one of the worst I've seen him play actually, so don't try to compare that.
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 11:55 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

Quote:
If you had watched Rolle before you'd have seen the difference, because now vs then...wow. He was running through and wrapping people up. I don't know which play you're talking about with the LB making the tackle, maybe it was painfully obvious that the play was going OB or something, if that's the case, then yes, Ed Reed slacks off so as not to get a 15 yard penalty.

Rolle was always NEAR the ball but never getting to it. These last 2 games he has gotten there. He was wrapping and bringing people down with force, he hadn't done that before. It's a different player on the field now.

This week Brown had a terrible game, one of the worst I've seen him play actually, so don't try to compare that.
Obviously we have a difference of opinion. I thought Brown played fine w/ the situation he was in. Getting doubled constantly and freeing up other players. Rolle was not always around the ball. even on 6 yard runs up the middle he was always jogging to the hit. Im not sure what you saw, please tell me what couple plays you saw where he was a "force". I saw one hit by Rolle on the sideline after an 8 yard gain. He deflected 1 pass in coverage and made 1 solid wrap up tackle that was worth remebering. Other tha that he was in no way near a "force", at least the kind I remember Willy Mo being, or the way Polomolu plays. Hes just not that caliber of a player.
Old 10-20-2008, 08:44 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Obviously we have a difference of opinion. I thought Brown played fine w/ the situation he was in. Getting doubled constantly and freeing up other players. Rolle was not always around the ball. even on 6 yard runs up the middle he was always jogging to the hit. Im not sure what you saw, please tell me what couple plays you saw where he was a "force". I saw one hit by Rolle on the sideline after an 8 yard gain. He deflected 1 pass in coverage and made 1 solid wrap up tackle that was worth remebering. Other tha that he was in no way near a "force", at least the kind I remember Willy Mo being, or the way Polomolu plays. Hes just not that caliber of a player.
Go rewatch the game then. Especially the first half. When they were running the ball like champs, Rolle was the guy cleaning everything up. EVERY tackle he makes is a beautiful wrap up tackle. Even when the RB had a full head of steam and looked like he'd have broken a tackle, Rolle collided with him, wrapped him up and brought him down. That was like the first run of the game btw. The first series he was in on nearly every play. So you really do need to go watch it again.
Old 10-20-2008, 08:56 AM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Go rewatch the game then. Especially the first half. When they were running the ball like champs, Rolle was the guy cleaning everything up. EVERY tackle he makes is a beautiful wrap up tackle. Even when the RB had a full head of steam and looked like he'd have broken a tackle, Rolle collided with him, wrapped him up and brought him down. That was like the first run of the game btw. The first series he was in on nearly every play. So you really do need to go watch it again.
Im not going to rewatch the game b/c I already did that w/ every play. Second like I said we obviously have a difference of opinion. Third, they were playing NC State, yes I know you can only play who is in front of you but still.

I need to see more speed and playmaking out of Rolle to put him in consideration of being a player the Falcons look at.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:30 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Im not going to rewatch the game b/c I already did that w/ every play. Second like I said we obviously have a difference of opinion. Third, they were playing NC State, yes I know you can only play who is in front of you but still.

I need to see more speed and playmaking out of Rolle to put him in consideration of being a player the Falcons look at.
Then go look at the Miami game leading up to it. Like I said before, if Rolle continues to play like he has in the last 2 games, he will have finally lived up to his billing as the #1 recruit in football. He's been all over the place. Yes we have a difference in opinion, but I'm not sure what you based yours on. If I had it recorded I'd give you the times of plays he made. But yeah, I'm not tryin to be a jerk here, but you seriously whiffed on your analysis in this game.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:30 AM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

I think you guys go best player available.
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 11:32 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post
I think you guys go best player available.
I'm with you here. I just want that player to be a Safety, by NO Means am I trying to say that Rolle should be our first round pick. I don't think he's been consistent enough to warrant that type of selection, since the Falcons will be picking in the mid-late teens and if we're lucky early 20s. It's just a little too high for him imo. Now middle second round, if he were to declare this year (which unless he continues to play well he shouldn't) then that's where'd I'd consider him.

Falcons are a team that is pretty good, and continues to look better, but we need depth at nearly every position. RB we're good, LB we're okay but still want to upgrade Brooking since he's in the last stages of his career. DL can always use more bodies. So, yeah, BPA is going to fit us well this year.