Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 10-20-2008, 12:20 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bear Pascoe out of Fresno State is going to be a very underrated draft prospect at TE in 2009. Great size at 6'6" 260 lbs" and has solid hands. He's also a very strong blocker.
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 02:09 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
Bear Pascoe out of Fresno State is going to be a very underrated draft prospect at TE in 2009. Great size at 6'6" 260 lbs" and has solid hands. He's also a very strong blocker.
I know nothing about this guy, but his name is BEAR? I want him lol. Obviously it's fitting considering he's gargantuan, but man I need to watch this kid play. Sounds like a good fit for ATL.
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 02:16 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want Coffman
Old 10-20-2008, 03:04 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I like he kid out of Wisconsin, but I don't think he'd fit in Atlanta too well...great pass catcher but I've not been overly impressed with Beckum's Blocking.
Old 10-20-2008, 04:06 PM    (permalink
oldLibid21
Veteran

oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunagan15 View Post
I want Coffman
Coffman doesn't really have that good of blocking skills. Tight ends in Mularkey's offense are blockers first, receivers second. Someone like Pettigrew should come to mind...
oldLibid21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 04:07 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libid21 View Post
Coffman doesn't really have that good of blocking skills. Tight ends in Mularkey's offense are blockers first, receivers second. Someone like Pettigrew should come to mind...
NO. Coffman should come to mind.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 04:13 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloxygenil View Post
I like he kid out of Wisconsin, but I don't think he'd fit in Atlanta too well...great pass catcher but I've not been overly impressed with Beckum's Blocking.

Because he's not. I think he weights like 230. He's a spread offense TE dream. I like him a lot. We already gave Hartsock (our big blocking TE) a 3 year deal. We need someone who is a passing game threat.
Old 10-20-2008, 06:11 PM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

DraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Hrmm, at the risk of sounding like a 14 year old maddenite... I would consider trading a 2nd round pick this year for Kellen WinslowII. Does that mean i need to start posting on a different forum lol.
Old 10-20-2008, 06:18 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftMichaelHuff View Post
Hrmm, at the risk of sounding like a 14 year old maddenite... I would consider trading a 2nd round pick this year for Kellen WinslowII. Does that mean i need to start posting on a different forum lol.

I'd trade a 2nd in a heartbeat.
Old 10-20-2008, 06:31 PM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

DraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Well yeah, a few thoughts about it.

He would need to show us that he is more mature now. He would get plenty of balls his way but he would really really need to buy into this team concept. The mess in Dallas scares me in going for guys who cant see past their own ego

We offered a 2nd for 32 year old Gonzales. BUT, he doesnt have injury history and i have a hard time thinking a TE would ever be traded for a 1st rounder.

Coffman looks like he will be gone by our 2nd rounder ruining my vision of a Mizou 1st and 2nd rounder. There are other TE's to spend a 2nd on but none seem as dynamic as Coffman or Winslow.
Old 10-20-2008, 06:33 PM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

LOL @ Emmit Smith. "Be the meeeeean that you are called to be" huh?
Old 10-20-2008, 06:35 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We offered a 2nd for Gonzo apparently. By that sense, we could offer a 2nd to Winslow.

And the Browns do need help. They wouldnt mind a draft pick. Winslow would be so terrific.

We might just be dreaming though guys.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 06:40 PM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
We offered a 2nd for Gonzo apparently. By that sense, we could offer a 2nd to Winslow.

And the Browns do need help. They wouldnt mind a draft pick. Winslow would be so terrific.

We might just be dreaming though guys.
Yeah we may be dreaming. But a) its bye week and im bored AND b) The only thing stopping it would be the Browns wanting to keep him. We HAVE offered a 2nd already for a pure recieving TE AND he really hasnt done anything bad character-wise since he was at Miami, i thought he had had numerous stuff ups but i hadnt really followed him untill now.

Dude K2 is only 25. Coffman is 23.
Old 10-20-2008, 06:45 PM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

What round does an injured Brandan TATE WR/PR get drafted? 4th?
Old 10-20-2008, 08:32 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
What round does an injured Brandan TATE WR/PR get drafted? 4th?

Depends on how he tests after the injury. I'd say a high of 2 round and a low of 6th.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:06 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Yeah we may be dreaming. But a) its bye week and im bored AND b) The only thing stopping it would be the Browns wanting to keep him. We HAVE offered a 2nd already for a pure recieving TE AND he really hasnt done anything bad character-wise since he was at Miami, i thought he had had numerous stuff ups but i hadnt really followed him untill now.

Dude K2 is only 25. Coffman is 23.
If we got K2 I'd be ecstatic, but it's not in the cards, no way.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:22 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we pick outside the top 10 I would give our first for Winslow. To be honest, he may be a better talent than anyone in this draft.

But I doubt that would happen.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 10:52 PM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

I mean it really depends on alot of things. I think we all agree that TE is not as valuable a position as CB and D Hall was 24 and never really been injured and went for a 2nd and a 5th last year year. Id certainly do that.

Looking toward the draft again, even though its against TD's philosophy i think we may well see some more trade ups into the 2nd or 3rd rounds this year. To me, we need impact at NT, SS, Recieving TE AND (depending on the rest of the season) CB. So thats 4 players, maybe 2 F/A's + 1st 2 pics OR 1 F/A + first two pics + a trade up. Definately think they will bring in one F/A.

Once those positions are filled either with F/A's or higher draft pics nearly all our pics will be for depth/development down the road IMO. Id like a PR, an OC RE and WLB to develop over time and a RT/RG to keep Dahl and Clabo on their toes at camp. 5th & 6ths would be ok on filling alot of those 2nd tier needs.
Old 10-21-2008, 01:56 AM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libid21 View Post
We have blockers in Peele and Hartstock. Every defense we play knows they are not much of a threat at all in the pass, so therefore when they are in, we normally run or have some sort or short pass play action.

Coffman will get better at blocking. He will have to no matter what team he is on. I mean even Dallas Clark throws a few blocks here and there.

We will not touch Pettigrew, He has off the field concerns. Not our type of player.
Old 10-21-2008, 02:02 AM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

As much as I love Coffman, there is no way id be upset w/ getting Winslow for a 2nd rounder. The thing is I just don't see that happening, so we should just stick to the draft.

Also. if we are even remotely interested in Winslow, that would rule out any type of FA signing b/c we would obviously give him a big contract so I opt for Gamble in FA and Coffman in the draft, for maybe the same price as just Winslow or a tad more, depending on Gambles price.
Old 10-21-2008, 04:17 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunagan15 View Post
We have blockers in Peele and Hartstock. Every defense we play knows they are not much of a threat at all in the pass, so therefore when they are in, we normally run or have some sort or short pass play action.

Coffman will get better at blocking. He will have to no matter what team he is on. I mean even Dallas Clark throws a few blocks here and there.

We will not touch Pettigrew, He has off the field concerns. Not our type of player.
Maybe, but these are not McKay's Falcons. Looking at the Patriots, they often bring in suspect characters because they have leadership on the team. With leaders like Matt Ryan we will eventually be able to bring in players with question marks.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 07:18 PM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

Quote:
Posted: Adam Schefter | Adam Schefter | Tags: Cleveland Browns, Kellen Winslow

In the days and hours leading up to last Tuesday’s trade deadline, players such as tight end Tony Gonzalez and wide receiver Roy Williams constantly were tracked.

The one player who went overlooked publicly, but not privately, was Cleveland tight end Kellen Winslow, who was dangled before the deadline.

The Browns explored the possibility of trading Winslow, according to multiple league sources, but never could get enough in return to consummate a deal. Cleveland declined to comment on the proposed trade –- Browns general manager Phil Savage emailed Tuesday that “a number of calls are made ahead of the trade deadline regarding different players … those conversations are confidential in nature” -– but it is easy enough to figure out why Cleveland would have considered dealing Winslow.

For starters, he is seeking a new contract that could be difficult for the Browns to squeeze under their salary cap. Also, Cleveland traded its third-round pick in the 2009 draft for a fourth-round pick in this year’s draft, which it used on tight end Martin Rucker -– and now is looking to add more picks. Plus, there is the public dispute the team has gotten into with Winslow over his staph infection.
hmm this smells fishy

And bama, i deffinately think we stick to good character guys
Old 10-21-2008, 09:19 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kellen defently shows he does not want to be back in Cleveland and would like to be traded, so they pretty much have to trade him so this drops his status.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 10-21-2008, 09:55 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
Kellen defently shows he does not want to be back in Cleveland and would like to be traded, so they pretty much have to trade him so this drops his status.
I don't think I want a cancer like that around...
Old 10-21-2008, 10:24 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloxygenil View Post
I don't think I want a cancer like that around...
you know i have to agree. He is a good player and would help Matt Ryan and the offense, but you dont want the coaching staff to have problems like they had in cleveland. I hate his character ever since he was in college.

Quote:
we all hate you