Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 02-05-2009, 07:58 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm still not warm and fuzzy over Pettigrew. I don't see a ton of potential there. Probably maxes out as a Heath Miller type.

Would perfer Alex Mack or Louis Delmas. Pettigrew falls right above Laurinitis for me right now.

Brace is good at what he does, which is stuff the run. Boston College was hell to run on this year, and I don't think it was all Raji. Brace isn't the athlete Raji is, though.

Not a great value pick there.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 09:35 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
I'm still not warm and fuzzy over Pettigrew. I don't see a ton of potential there. Probably maxes out as a Heath Miller type.

Would perfer Alex Mack or Louis Delmas. Pettigrew falls right above Laurinitis for me right now.

Brace is good at what he does, which is stuff the run. Boston College was hell to run on this year, and I don't think it was all Raji. Brace isn't the athlete Raji is, though.

Not a great value pick there.
i wouldn't mind a heath miller on the falcons. but, like you, i'm still not sold on pettigrew either. mack and delmas might be the not-so-flashy pick dimi makes. i wouldn't mind either of them though.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 11:09 PM    (permalink
Preo32
Rookie

Preo32 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Yeah Id like to pass on Petti in the first. Personally, Chase Coffman I think would be great. Another receiving threat no-doubt, and can block, but not the greatest. And the man is a good athlete for a TE. Personally, him in the 2nd or 3rd id love if we can solve the DT problem in the 1st. Too bad Raji moved up soooo much

Im still a big Larry English fan. I think if we can get him for DE opposite of Abraham as starters, that be great. I see more potential than him than Anderson, who no lie, i didnt even know about until the week before the draft. Dude was not intriguing to me, but English is a good DE and I feel he could compete from day 1.

And Im still convinced we Picked Anderson cuz of another Jamal, just one less A in the first JA. I mean, passing on Patrick Willis has to be the worst decision ever, a need or not.

Atlanta Falcons
Preo32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 11:32 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not a Chase Coffman fan, either. Not in this offense.

I don't see the point in investing a high pick on a tight end unless he can be excellent all around. If we could get a good all around guy like Pettigrew in round two that would be great, but I don't see that happening.

English would be decent. We really do need another pass rusher. But he wouldn't start. He would be a pass rusher akin to what Bierrman was this year, but more snaps.

I wasn't a fan of Jamaal heading into or out of the draft, but if you didn't know who he was that was just the consequence of you not following the draft. He was well known, although probably a mid first round value.

Old 02-06-2009, 03:39 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

Personally, I think that Heath Miller is the best advertisement for picking Pettigrew in the 1st. Generally over the course of his career he's been very valuable, but specifically in the SB - when no one else was open, Miller was always Ben's safety valve, and kept the drive moving.

One, Pettigrew's a better receiver than he's given credit for. No, he's not going to be a deep threat, but he's a good receiver in the short and intermediate routes - and we've already got four legitimate deep threats, in White, Jenkins, Douglas and (well, he's more a deep threat than otherwise) Robinson.

Two, his blocking is immense. That's going to add considerable value to our run game.

I actually quite like Brace in the 2nd as well. I'd love him in the 3rd, but that's not going to happen. No, he's not much of a pass threat, but we have a strong rotational policy on the DL, and we really need to be able to shut down the run.

I'd also be happy with Mack or Delmas, though.

I'm pretty unfussed who we get at the moment. I might feel rather more strongly after our needs are cystallized by free agency.
Old 02-06-2009, 03:49 PM    (permalink
Preo32
Rookie

Quote:
Not a Chase Coffman fan, either. Not in this offense.

I don't see the point in investing a high pick on a tight end unless he can be excellent all around. If we could get a good all around guy like Pettigrew in round two that would be great, but I don't see that happening.

English would be decent. We really do need another pass rusher. But he wouldn't start. He would be a pass rusher akin to what Bierrman was this year, but more snaps.

I wasn't a fan of Jamaal heading into or out of the draft, but if you didn't know who he was that was just the consequence of you not following the draft. He was well known, although probably a mid first round value.
You are right... i didnt really follow that offseason. A lot of Vick stuff around that time, but mainly after. But I remember seeing his clips around draft time and did not feel he was a Top-10 pick.

Really, it doesnt matter who we WANT them to pick. They will pick who they, the orginazation, feels is the best, and we will just have to hope those players produce

Atlanta Falcons
Old 02-06-2009, 04:01 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preo32 View Post
You are right... i didnt really follow that offseason. A lot of Vick stuff around that time, but mainly after. But I remember seeing his clips around draft time and did not feel he was a Top-10 pick.

Really, it doesnt matter who we WANT them to pick. They will pick who they, the orginazation, feels is the best, and we will just have to hope those players produce
But if I can think like the organization I can predict who they will select. Which is kind of the purpose of this site.

Old 02-06-2009, 04:04 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As it's well known, I'd like the Pettigrew pick a lot. While I don't see Tony Gonzalez or Antonio Gates' future, I see a top 5 all around TE. Not a huge Brace fan.
Old 02-06-2009, 04:29 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

I wouldn't mind Brace in round three. Not round two, though. Isn't too different from Trey Lewis.

My Big Board, realistically, would be...

1. Alex Mack, C California
2. Louis Delmas, S Western Michigan
3. Brandon Pettigrew, TE Oklahoma State
4. Larry English, DE Northern Illinois

As far as what the team is thinking, I'd probably say Pettigrew and Mack are level, with the other two right below.

Just my opinion.

Old 02-06-2009, 06:01 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I wouldn't mind Brace in round three. Not round two, though. Isn't too different from Trey Lewis.

My Big Board, realistically, would be...

1. Alex Mack, C California
2. Louis Delmas, S Western Michigan
3. Brandon Pettigrew, TE Oklahoma State
4. Larry English, DE Northern Illinois

As far as what the team is thinking, I'd probably say Pettigrew and Mack are level, with the other two right below.

Just my opinion.

I think Delmas is #1 pre-FA. I think TD/Smitty are just killing to add a defensive play maker.
Old 02-06-2009, 06:50 PM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

DraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
I think Delmas is #1 pre-FA. I think TD/Smitty are just killing to add a defensive play maker.
Yeh i whole heartedly agree. The guy is a true team leader aswell, his attitude and intangibles are EXACTLY what this staff loves

Btw, we all need to remember that Brendan Pettigrew will be 24 at draft time AND has assulted a police officer before...not sure we will be into that.

I like

Free Agency.
2x DT's (1 big time guy, another depth guy). Rookie DTs struggle early in their carers and we need to use the picks elsewhere. My choices would be Albert Haynesworth and Colin Cole. We know about Haynesworth, Cole is a solid depth guy for the packers and at 6"1 and 330 and only 26 years old he would replace Grady.

1) Louis Delmas
2) choice #1 Shawn Nelson choice #2 Jared Cook/Chase Coffman (if they show they can block)
3) DE OR WLB (if DE) a guy like Connor Barwin
4) DE OR WLB (so a WLB) really like Nic Harris. 6"3 235 already and SStoOLB guys have fallen ever year since Shazor
5) OC
5) RT/RG with LT potential as well. Could really see Phil Loadholt being available here.
7) SLB

As you can see, they are just the positions i like and where i would select guys at those positions. Aside from Delmas and maybe Nelson, there is no-one iv locked in as a selection for that round...they are just the rounds id like to select a player at that position

Last edited by DraftMichaelHuff : 02-06-2009 at 07:17 PM.
DraftMichaelHuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 06:55 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
I don't know. Dimintroff has show the willingness to reach for players, but I don't think his value would be on par with Pettigrew's or Mack's.

I'm not concerned with character at all. I don't think we need to worry about that with some of the players in our lockerroom.

Delmas may be at top. A few weeks ago I was thinking that. Now I'm kind of going with Mack.

It changes every week or two who I think we will go after.

Old 02-06-2009, 07:15 PM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

DraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
I don't know. Dimintroff has show the willingness to reach for players, but I don't think his value would be on par with Pettigrew's or Mack's.

I'm not concerned with character at all. I don't think we need to worry about that with some of the players in our lockerroom.

Delmas may be at top. A few weeks ago I was thinking that. Now I'm kind of going with Mack.

It changes every week or two who I think we will go after.
My only problem with Mack is that he would likely be taken start straight away...IMO thats ok but i think Booking and Milloy (in coverage) need to be replaced before Mclure... thats all i mean.

Bama...what do you think of the 2nd tier TEs? Can you compare the skill sets of Nelson Coffman and Cook for me. Cook is a guy we really havent covered yet...rank their blocking (especially cook and coffman) or perhaps who looks to have the most potential to become an all round TE.
Old 02-06-2009, 09:48 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftMichaelHuff View Post
My only problem with Mack is that he would likely be taken start straight away...IMO thats ok but i think Booking and Milloy (in coverage) need to be replaced before Mclure... thats all i mean.

Bama...what do you think of the 2nd tier TEs? Can you compare the skill sets of Nelson Coffman and Cook for me. Cook is a guy we really havent covered yet...rank their blocking (especially cook and coffman) or perhaps who looks to have the most potential to become an all round TE.
I don't really think they fit our scheme at all. Despite Nelson's willingness to block, he really doesn't have the size to be very effective doing it. Coffman, well we really don't know. He was basically a college receiver. Cook, I love his potential. Would love him as another team.

But none of the three really profile as a tight end in our system unless we alter it for the aquired player. Which we could. But those guys, especially Coffman, profile similarily to Dallas Clark in the pros. Which is almost like a split end rather than a tight end most of the time.

Nelson can be used in multiple ways. I saw him line up at fullback for Southern Miss, wide receiver. I would like him in that role. Again, not sure we need that.

If I had to take one of the three it would probably be Cook. His body is still underdeveloped. He has the potential to grow where I don't see Coffman doing it and probably not Nelson either. Cook is almost still in the transitional stage from highschool wide receiver to pro tight end. I see him going before our second round pick, though. Tons of potential.

Pettigrew is the kind of tight end we could use in this scheme. I just feel Mack is a better value, and I'm a big fan of Delmas. Like I said, I don't see All-Pro potential in Pettigrew like I do in Mack or Delmas. But he probably would be as helpful to us as the other two for what we need at their respective position, if that makes sense.

Old 02-06-2009, 10:46 PM    (permalink
Preo32
Rookie

Right now, Id say Delmas and English are the 2 defensive guys Id like to be choosing from for the 1st round. Ive looked up stuff on all the other defenders expected around that pick, and really those 2 are the only 1s i think that could get some P right away. English could be a DE or an OLB, so really if we let go of Brooking, then there is the potential future LB to take his spot. And Delmas is just good. I like what Ive seen

Pettigrew is a great TE, but i feel the earliest we should draft a TE is 2n round. It is clearly a need, but if we go 2nd or 3rd round, I think our best options are Cook or Coffman. I think the Falcons could turn Coffman into the blocker he is not right now. If we aim for one later in the draft, I like Casey in the 4th or so. Those are the TEs I feel that could be steals if they fall to the lower part of their draft-projection, and as long as some of the coaches help them learn how to block better, then we'd be set there

Atlanta Falcons
Old 02-06-2009, 10:50 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preo32 View Post
Right now, Id say Delmas and English are the 2 defensive guys Id like to be choosing from for the 1st round. Ive looked up stuff on all the other defenders expected around that pick, and really those 2 are the only 1s i think that could get some P right away. English could be a DE or an OLB, so really if we let go of Brooking, then there is the potential future LB to take his spot. And Delmas is just good. I like what Ive seen

Pettigrew is a great TE, but i feel the earliest we should draft a TE is 2n round. It is clearly a need, but if we go 2nd or 3rd round, I think our best options are Cook or Coffman. I think the Falcons could turn Coffman into the blocker he is not right now. If we aim for one later in the draft, I like Casey in the 4th or so. Those are the TEs I feel that could be steals if they fall to the lower part of their draft-projection, and as long as some of the coaches help them learn how to block better, then we'd be set there
English would not be a linebacker in a 4-3. Especially not a zone laden 4-3 with only seldom blitz from the linebackers.

I do think he would be a great pass rusher on third downs paired with Abraham. Not a fulltime starter until Abraham retires, but we rotate our defensive line so much he would be worth the pick.

Old 02-06-2009, 11:03 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mack? maybe it's just me, but a C who allows 0 sacks and made the line calls for hte #1 rushing game in the league doesn't deserve to be replaced.

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 11:12 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by scar988 View Post
Mack? maybe it's just me, but a C who allows 0 sacks and made the line calls for hte #1 rushing game in the league doesn't deserve to be replaced.
Mack isn't restricted to center. He could just as easily take over for Dahl at guard.

He is the best center prospect I have seen (better than Nick Mangold), and has every possible thing one would want at the position (size, intelligence, production, intangibles).

I like him, Delmas, Pettigrew, and English. Any of those and I will be satisfied.

Old 02-07-2009, 05:06 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Mack isn't restricted to center. He could just as easily take over for Dahl at guard.

He is the best center prospect I have seen (better than Nick Mangold), and has every possible thing one would want at the position (size, intelligence, production, intangibles).

I like him, Delmas, Pettigrew, and English. Any of those and I will be satisfied.
lol, dude, you really think we need to waste a first round pick on an OG when ours at least was solid and we have huge holes at SS, OLB, NT and TE?

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 05:21 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we can fill up some more important needs by free agency, drafting Mack could be very likely.

Sig by: OSUGiants

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 11:51 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by scar988 View Post
lol, dude, you really think we need to waste a first round pick on an OG when ours at least was solid and we have huge holes at SS, OLB, NT and TE?
Nope, I wouldn't mind one bit.

He'll be an all pro.

As for the other needs, the only one I'm concerned about is SS and NT. Unless we get Pettigrew I don't think many TEs are worth the pick. And outsid linebackers in a 4-3 are extremely easy to find.

Old 02-08-2009, 08:00 PM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

If we were to take a OLB and a DE in rounds 3 and 4 what order would you take them and what guys you go after if forced to select from within those rounds
Old 02-08-2009, 08:09 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftMichaelHuff View Post
If we were to take a OLB and a DE in rounds 3 and 4 what order would you take them and what guys you go after if forced to select from within those rounds
These are the possible 3/4 round OLB/DE I like

OLB- Clay Matthews, Jonathan Casillas, Tyrone McKenzie

DE- Connor Barwin, Robert Ayers, Jarron Gilbert

Sig by: OSUGiants

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 09:52 PM    (permalink
Preo32
Rookie

^^ I like McKenzie as well... wouldnt be a bad pick if it was around the 4th or 5th round if we dont pick a LB earlier

Atlanta Falcons
Old 02-08-2009, 10:49 PM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

Id also like to love to ad Nic Harris (WLB) who could be our Thomas Davis and Kaluka Maiava to the list. Anyone else have thoughts on any of these guys.

Id be happy to wait untill the 4th for OLB's as we have other needs and OLB's can be found throughout the draft. Also there are some nice FA OLBs available like Hill and Dansby with Channing Crowder of the Dolphins capable of making the switch outside in a 4/3 and therefore, in my mind, the player taken in round 3 or 4 (ideally) would be competeing with Steven Nicolas, Robert James and Coy Wire for the OLB spot opposite a free agent.

If no free agents are signed we know that Coy Wire went well at SLB last year and Steven Nicolas has alot of potential. Worst case we start one of Wire and Nicolas while the other competes with the 4th round rookie and Robert James.

No doubt anyone improve on the guys last year if we can improve the D line, specificially get a real stud at NT

Last edited by DraftMichaelHuff : 02-08-2009 at 11:09 PM.
DraftMichaelHuff is offline   Reply With Quote