Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 02-09-2009, 02:43 AM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Nic Harris personally. I feel he will be a very good pro. Plays very hard and loves the game.
Old 02-21-2009, 05:17 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like I said a few pages ago, Jared Cook is my second favorite tight end. He is still transitioning from HS WR to college/ pro TE, and has room to put on weight. He hasn't lost much speed, running a 4.50 today in the40-yard dash.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 05:29 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah hopefully the Falcons look at Jared Cook. He could be a great mismatch for defenses that try to defend against Roddy White as well. Adding a pass catching TE, be it Chase Coffman or someone else, will make the offense exponentially better.

He put up some great numbers today. I wonder how his hands are.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 05:31 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Coffman I'm not a fan of. I don't think he has much room to grow, and I doubt he runs better than a 4.7.

Old 02-21-2009, 05:58 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What is it with people's obsession with 40 times?

I am not the biggest fan of Coffman, just because I would prefer a more balanced and traditional tight end. A pass catching tight end in the mold of Tony Gonzalez or Vernon Davis or Jared Cook is okay, but Coffman lined up in the slot too many times for my liking (I think Bama has mentioned this before).

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
Old 02-21-2009, 07:23 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

After seeing Larry English given to us by Kiper and Mayock and having him weigh in at a solid 274 lbs, I finally looked into him (looked at his NFLDC profile. lol)

Quote:
Strengths:
Good natural athlete...Has long arms...Very quick with a burst to close...Physical...Aggressive...Can deliver the big hit...Uses his hands well...Has a terrific motor...Employs a wide array of pass rush moves...Good strength and power...Shows the ability to beat double teams...Smart...Good instincts and awareness...Extremely productive.
I am very interested in his cone drills and maybe his 40 time, but so far, I am liking him a lot. He looks to be a bonafide pass rusher in the league. Weighing in at 274 really helps him for 4-3 teams.

Old 02-21-2009, 07:28 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not a huge English fan myself.
Old 02-21-2009, 11:48 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Me and dungan took larry english in the forum mock. We traded down from #24 to #32 and nabbed him there. Great value, and like you said him weighing in at 274 will only increase his chances of being a falcon.

When you look at his strengths, it's pretty much the opposite of JA98

especially this:

Employs a wide array of pass rush moves...Good strength and power...Extremely productive

Sig by: OSUGiants

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 12:17 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
Me and dungan took larry english in the forum mock. We traded down from #24 to #32 and nabbed him there. Great value, and like you said him weighing in at 274 will only increase his chances of being a falcon.

When you look at his strengths, it's pretty much the opposite of JA98

especially this:

Employs a wide array of pass rush moves...Good strength and power...Extremely productive
Coming out of college Anderson was very productive and had great strength and power.

His issue is he outgrew his athleticism.

Old 02-22-2009, 12:39 AM    (permalink
Preo32
Rookie

Preo32 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I became a fan of him mainly because when i went to middle school he starred at the local private school. Then at NIU he was just great. By far the best player on the field in just about every game his senior year b/c he could change the way the offense worked... well except NIU sucked as a whole. But yeah I can say Im a fan and I think he has great potential

Atlanta Falcons
Preo32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 06:08 PM    (permalink
kiranadwaney
Rookie

kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think this year no real player really stands in regards to who atlanta should take in the forst round. all the players who are likely to be on the board at 24 dont represent good value for the teams needs. as ofnow i think we should take louis delmas. he is the best saftey in this class and with the release of milloy there is a big need at saftey. i also think we would be ale to take a good pass rusher in the 2nd round, the te class is pretty deep and linebackers can be addressed later in the draft.

my dream would be to sign channing crowder as a free agent then

1. louis delmas
2. michael johnson
3. chase coffman

then with the rest of the draft select dt and lb help.
Old 02-24-2009, 06:58 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we have a lot of options at #24 and we should trade down to pick up more picks since we have a lot of needs to cover. I know free agency will help but still we'll have a lot of guys to choose from.

Sig by: OSUGiants

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 11:22 AM    (permalink
kiranadwaney
Rookie

kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think now that foxworth is gone, a corner is worth a look at 24, someone like sean smith or alphonso smith.

thing is i like sean smith but he does remind me a bit of jimmy williams and we know how that turned out.
Old 02-27-2009, 11:31 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

If we're going to draft a corner, I'd rather look at the end of the 2nd: someone like Macho Harris, or perhaps even one of the more highly rated guys (given how slow they all ran, some might drop).

Then that guy can compete with Chevis and Hutchins for the starting role. We'd have a solid four guys.

However, I do think that we'll sign a FA, and maybe look for someone else later in the draft.
Old 02-27-2009, 11:43 AM    (permalink
kiranadwaney
Rookie

who do you think will fall to us in the second?

also with winslow moving to tampa do youthink saftey becomes an even bigger need?
Old 02-27-2009, 11:52 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

Just mentioned Winslow in the other thread.

Perhaps we could look at Sean Smith as a safety - one of very few people who could match up with Winslow.

But I'd suspect that we deal with Winslow by sticking a LB on him, and having the two safeties deep.

Nic Harris could be interesting, he might be able to stick with Winslow, and has the size to match up ok.

As for 2nd round CB:

If we are super lucky: Butler, Moore, Sean Smith (though I prefer him as a S)

More realistic: Macho (I like lots and lots); Francies (less so); Byrd; Mickens.

Would love to get Macho in the 2nd, he and Chevis were born to play C2.
Old 02-27-2009, 12:01 PM    (permalink
kiranadwaney
Rookie

I dont think that we have a linebacker that could cover winslow. nick harris is a guy i would like us to pick upp inthe 4th or 5th, but do youthinkthat he would start straight away?

i would love sean smith in the second. in fact i would not mind him at 24.
Old 03-02-2009, 04:21 AM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At one time I felt OT was one of several possibilities for the Falcons in the first round, but all signs are now pointing to them addressing defense with high picks and waiting to add an O-lineman until at least the middle rounds. It would be really nice if the Falcons could trade down from 24 and get something like a 2nd and 3rd in return. The value at positions the Falcons are likely to pick at 24 doesn't look that good at this point to me. Maybe the Falcons will make some free agenct moves soon that will clear the draft picture up more.
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 10:49 PM    (permalink
oldLibid21
Veteran

oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like I said in the Discussion topic, I think we'll have to reach for a player with our first round draft pick. I'd like for us to go after a cornerback in the early rounds, who are your candidates? And I'll just repeat myself again... I'd love for us to draft Moore in the second and Brace in the third - it's wishful thinking, but still...
oldLibid21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 07:09 AM    (permalink
kiranadwaney
Rookie

there is a chance that vontae davis will be on the board at 24, if so i would jump at the chance to take him. however if he is not available i would wait till the 2nd round, guys like sean smith or darius butler.
Old 03-06-2009, 07:33 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Alphonso Smith seems like the most likely selection if we take cornerback, and I would love that. Asante Samuel clone.

I also think we would be interested in DJ Moore.

Old 03-06-2009, 01:24 PM    (permalink
roscoesdad27
Veteran

roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 3 round mock

1) B. Pettigrew t.e. okie state
punishing runblocker and steady pass blocker that plays with a meanstreak...great hands and uses his frame to get into position to catch the ball....fits your power run schme to perfection and will provide ryan with a reliable target over the middle.

2) G. McRath olb s. miss
sideline to sideline ballhawk is great in coverage and on blitzes...had a great combine and fills a need at great value here imho....sleeper.

3) R. Miller d.t. texas
physical d.t. had a tremendous combine and fills a need at good value here.

complete mock here
http://draftcountdown.com/forum/show...=1#post1533596

thoughts?
roscoesdad27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 02:24 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roscoesdad27 View Post
1) B. Pettigrew t.e. okie state
punishing runblocker and steady pass blocker that plays with a meanstreak...great hands and uses his frame to get into position to catch the ball....fits your power run schme to perfection and will provide ryan with a reliable target over the middle.

2) G. McRath olb s. miss
sideline to sideline ballhawk is great in coverage and on blitzes...had a great combine and fills a need at great value here imho....sleeper.

3) R. Miller d.t. texas
physical d.t. had a tremendous combine and fills a need at good value here.

complete mock here
http://draftcountdown.com/forum/show...=1#post1533596

thoughts?
Love it man. Especially the Mcrath pick, not sure he falls that far though
Old 03-06-2009, 03:02 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

I like DJ Moore a lot. Get a great return and big play guy out of him as well.
Old 03-09-2009, 02:15 AM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's a really interesting video. The second play of the video shows Brandon Pettigrew catching a pass over the middle, getting nailed by Patrick Chung, and hanging onto the ball.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erhkO...eature=related
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote