Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 04-19-2009, 07:44 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can't wait. The 4:00 pm start is ********.
Old 04-19-2009, 11:32 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea that sucks, and it won't get to our pick till like 8 pm.

Sig by: OSUGiants

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 08:27 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Latest Walter Football Mock Draft...

1. Brandon Pettigrew TE
2. William Moore SS
3. Dorrell Scott NT
4. Mike Mickens CB
5a. Matt Shaughnessy DE
5b. Jonathan Casillas OLB
6. Johnny Knox WR

Looks like a great draft IMO, any of these guys could come in and start from the beginning. Johnny Knox could be a great punt returner for us. Only thing I would do different is draft an OT to be our third OT and make up for us losing todd weiner. If only we had one more pick.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 04-20-2009, 04:07 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
Latest Walter Football Mock Draft...

1. Brandon Pettigrew TE
2. William Moore SS
3. Dorrell Scott NT
4. Mike Mickens CB
5a. Matt Shaughnessy DE
5b. Jonathan Casillas OLB
6. Johnny Knox WR

Looks like a great draft IMO, any of these guys could come in and start from the beginning. Johnny Knox could be a great punt returner for us. Only thing I would do different is draft an OT to be our third OT and make up for us losing todd weiner. If only we had one more pick.
I'd be really very happy with that draft. Very happy indeed.

We could probably make do with Foster as our main tackle backup, though perhaps a free agent would be an option.
Old 04-20-2009, 09:55 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

We still got Quinn Ojinaka tho, and he has some experiance, but wasn't very good.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 04-21-2009, 07:02 PM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

DraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Loving the 4pm starts. To watch it live here meant pulling an all nighter on a saturday night from 2am.

Now its a far more reasonable 6am Sunday morning wake up call
Old 04-21-2009, 08:50 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone catch the inside the falcons war room on NFLN today? They talked about removing talent players from this draft board for charcter concerns. I wonder if that could be Pettigrew?
Old 04-22-2009, 07:51 AM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

DraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
Anyone catch the inside the falcons war room on NFLN today? They talked about removing talent players from this draft board for charcter concerns. I wonder if that could be Pettigrew?
It could be a host of players.

I remember them saying they wouldnt rule out taking the right offensive player at #24 if he was there. To me that could only be Brendan Pettigrew and maybe Alex Mack

Its all said very vaugely at this stage of the year anyway
Old 04-22-2009, 07:58 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftMichaelHuff View Post
It could be a host of players.

I remember them saying they wouldnt rule out taking the right offensive player at #24 if he was there. To me that could only be Brendan Pettigrew and maybe Alex Mack

Its all said very vaugely at this stage of the year anyway
Realistically, yes. But if one of the tackles falls, that could happen.

Everything is smoke and mirrors anyway. I particularly enjoyed TD's comments yesterday that ReyRey could play outside and well as inside. Is it a bluff? Is it a double bluff? Also mentioned how much he liked the other USC LBs.

I like the total randomness this year. We could do any one of about 20 things, and it wouldn't be a massive surprise.

Much more fun than last year's endless Dorsey or Ryan discussions...
Old 04-22-2009, 08:03 AM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

Man i really like Connor Barwin.

Compare the guy you see here to your typical NFL player or any other pro atlete. I see our FO falling in love with this guy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KjU4...eature=related

1. Brendan Pettigrew
2. Connor Barwin (if off the board then Lawrence Sidbury)

My dream first day
Old 04-22-2009, 09:23 AM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuB_3FWbHes

Best video i have seen featuring David Bruton, one of my favourite safties of this class. He is always around the ball. Its well worth the 9 minutes. His athletism is outstanding. Some of those interceptions are incredible. Here is what i like

He was productive
He is athletic - 4.46 40, 40+inch vert, great agility drills
He has the size TD said he wanted - 219 - with the frame to add more
He has the intangibles, great interview, great speaker, team captain, smart, responsible
He has can be interchangable SS/FS
He went to a good school
And finally
He will be there at #90

He is the SS with the physicality AND deep centre feilding ability that we want. Poor mans Taylor Mays
Old 04-22-2009, 11:20 AM    (permalink
Mekias
Rookie

Mekias hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I agree on Bruton, he's only a little behind Delmas on my board.

Barwin at #55 would be a dream. I can't imagine any scenario where that would happen.
Mekias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 04:07 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Barwin won't come close to our second round pick. First round, top of the second round for him.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 07:00 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

now that my #1 guy, pettigrew, wont be an option at #24, TD can go any number of ways. personally, despite it being a reach, i want louis delmas. but a USC LB will probably available and DEs like english and maybin might too.

my reason for wanting delmas is not that i like him incredibly as a prospect, its just that i would rather have him than cushing, matthews, english or maybin but a guy like bruton in the third would be a much better value pick imo.

so ultimately, i'm not a fan of the possibilities at 24 and if it was up to me, i would take alex mack but i'm pretty certain that wouldn't happen.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 07:12 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At 24, here are the guys I would not ***** about (not going to list guys who are sure to be gone)...

Everette Brown, DE Florida State
Robert Ayers, DE Tennessee
Connor Barwin, DE Cincinnati
Brian Cushing, LB Southern Cal.
Rey Maualuga, LB Southern Cal.
Alphonso Smith, CB Wake Forest
Louis Delmas, S Eastern Michigan

Brown is an impact pass rusher. Perfect fit, although he is short.

Robert Ayers has great size, and while he won't rack up a ton of sacks I see him getting a lot of pressure and a lot of tackles for loss. Unlike Everette Brown, Ayers would probably start on the strongside at defensive end.

Connor Barwin is very raw, but he is a great athlete with a great build. A ton of potential, but he would need some time.

Cushing has a ton of ability, great work ethic to go along with it. Southern Cal's best linebacker last season.

Rey Maualuga has some concerns, and he would have to play strongside linebacker for us. Probably a two down player, not a guy I want in pass coverage at this point. But he would allow us to have some 3-4 looks, and he is a top 10 talent. Teams don't pass on top 10 talents when it is pick 24. Just my opinion.

Alphonso Smith has a slim shot of becoming a Falcon, I'm just a huge fan of his and think he could provide big plays for this defense.

Delmas is a player who I think is almost sure to succeed and come in immediately to contribute. Would love him on the team.

Old 04-23-2009, 07:25 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Rey Maualuga is defenetly my favorite player on that list. I love how he plays, and his intensity is amazing. I wish we wouldn't have to change his position, but he'll still hit like Rey Rey. He was the middle linebacker/leader, for the nations #1 defense. Just thinking about it, adding him with peterson, lofton, nicholas, wow is that an amazing linebacker core. I'll still have concers with the d-line, and wonder if they could help them out. This is why we need that NT, and since they aren't great on 3rd downs, another pass rushing DE, and coverage safety will help out tremendously. None the less, big things coming.

Quote:
we all hate you

Last edited by Bosanac01 : 04-23-2009 at 07:28 PM.
Old 04-23-2009, 07:36 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

We may trade our first and third for Glenn Dorsey.

My God what a steal that would be. I would be amazed.

Old 04-23-2009, 07:37 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

went on youtube for some highlights on Rey Maualuga...

The "draftguys" certantly believe he can hold his own on 3rd downs.

video at the bottom of profile.

2008 season highlights

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 04-23-2009, 09:40 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would hate Ayers.

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 09:48 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by scar988 View Post
I would hate Ayers.
care to elaborate?

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 04-23-2009, 10:08 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
went on youtube for some highlights on Rey Maualuga...

The "draftguys" certantly believe he can hold his own on 3rd downs.

video at the bottom of profile.

2008 season highlights
is it just me or did that song jus not go good with that video?

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.
SimonRath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 10:08 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scar988 View Post
I would hate Ayers.
so would i

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.
SimonRath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 10:16 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonRath View Post
is it just me or did that song jus not go good with that video?
It's not just you. IDK what it's good for, maybe mosh pits or **** like that.

I make highlights at school and it just pisses me of when people don't match the song with the video, and just stick some stupid **** music.

Quote:
we all hate you

Last edited by Bosanac01 : 04-23-2009 at 10:19 PM.
Old 04-23-2009, 10:27 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

To be clear, I'd love a player like Aaron Maybin but I doubt he is available when we pick.

Old 04-24-2009, 03:15 AM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

I still have a hard time getting excited about a linebacker in the first round this year. To me all of the USC guys have questions AND as a general principal, 4 3 teams can find good OLBs in the later rounds.
Individually...

Cushing- Dont know how he would fit, didnt play on 3rd downs much in 2008 and therefore you have to question his coverage skills. He would be paired with Peterson and when you are running a cover 2 i would worry a bit our OLB's ability to drop back in coverage. Upside?

Maulaga- Again his coverage skills worry me, and would be paired with Peterson, would smack you in the head but could they cover you? Also would need to change position - risky? And some character concerns?

Mathews -Raw, not much experience. Fits better than the other two. BUT is OLB our biggest need? Nicolas and Peterson would be fine IMO. What makes him better than Barwin?

In saying that though Cushing and Mathews are probably the surest things of the 1st round.

AND We were happy with the TE to be taken in the first round proir to this, with the other needs to be addressed after, the same logic would apply here if an OLB is taken in round 1. Not my favourite option though

We could taken a guy like Jason Williams in round 3 or 4. Crazy Upside, perfect fit at WLB to learn from an excellent player like Peterson.

Here is my wishlist (in order)

1. Everette Brown - Safer pick than Maybin, more immeadiate impact as a passrusher, more polished, EXACTLY what we need at DE. OLB in our 3/4 packages.
2. Aaron Maybin - More upside than Brown, amazing first step. Great atheletism
3. Trade Down (mid 30s) - Barwin, English, Delmas - All high character high motor guys filling a big need and netting us more picks

Each of those guys are high character high motor players at need positions.

IMO the abolsulte lowest we should wait forr a rushing DE is #55 with Sidbury/Johnson/Kruger

So now we need to think about 1. Picking where we are 2.Trading down 3. Some crazy Dorsey trade.

Man, all that reading up on Pettigrew for nothing!

Last edited by DraftMichaelHuff : 04-24-2009 at 03:23 AM.
DraftMichaelHuff is offline   Reply With Quote