Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 10-04-2008, 09:43 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloxygenil View Post
Myron Rolle stepped his game up BIG time today...wow...impressive. If he can play like that the rest of this season I'm all aboard in the 2nd round. That guy showed today why he was the #1 recruit in the country 3 years ago. Finally ran into through and wrapped up people on tackles instead of stopping and waiting, he imposed his will. He popped one kid real bad, showed his read and react, but his speed is up from last year, his range today was fantastic. When he tweaked his ankle FSUs defense didn't look quite the same until he stepped back out there. He commands respect, had a couple nice pass breakups as well. Impressive.

However, a more impressive thing to me, and I've said his name before and will continue to say it, Everette Brown, kid is a monster. SUPER fast off the snap, always in the backfield, hell of an athlete and great size to go along with it. This kid would be a beautiful solution to spell Jamaal with, and would give us a legit pass rusher opposite Abe. Not saying Jamaal can't become one, but at this point, he's just shown flashes, I wanna see him get there and get it done. His value if he comes out this year may still end up being too high for us to hope for him to fall to the 2nd round, and too early to pick him in the first round, we have other pressing needs. But I really like the guy and would love to see him wearin the Red and Black.

Preston Parker is pure playmaker at WR / PR / KR would love to have him on the team, not sure where he'll end up going, but man the kid is a baller. Opposite him is Greg Carr who in about the 5th round would be a great redzone pickup player, he's a freak down there, 6'6 just toss it up and let him go get it, that's all the kid does at FSU...score touchdowns on fade routes, you know its coming, but you can't stop it...he's a force.

The return guy from Miami...I forget his name...I wanna say Williams, but I'm prolly wrong, I think he was #80, was also a WR, that kid's acceleration is mad scary and would be a great fit here as well.

Didnt get to watch this game today, and good for Rolle to show up, adds another guy in the safety talk which is good for us considering we need one. I also like Brown at DE, kid really plays hard. There are so many players in that 2nd round are that I wish we had our picks from last yr to snag about 3 of them...1) William Moore 2) Coffman 2) Macho Harris 2) Brown and so many more too, Tyler from Mich, maybe Loadhoalt if he lasts. So many.
Old 10-04-2008, 11:54 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That DT from Alabama, Cody is his name. He would make a great a substitute for grady jackson.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 12:10 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
That DT from Alabama, Cody is his name. He would make a great a substitute for grady jackson.
He's going to get snagged by a 3-4 team in the first round, he's an anchor
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 06:31 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ladies and Gentlemen, Brian Orkapo is no longer an option. The man's going to be out of our range.
Old 10-11-2008, 06:54 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We need a DB. Davis, Jenkins, Moore, or bust.

Our secondary is pathetic.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 06:56 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
We need a DB. Davis, Jenkins, Moore, or bust.

Our secondary is pathetic.

FA. Or later in the draft. My feelings are well known on this. For now though, I just want to ride the Chris Houston train. I'm not sure if he's just been lock-down, or teams are just so damn eager to throw at Grimes. Luckily for Grimes, we have a terrible, terrible DE. Otherwise, he'd be the worst player on the field.
Old 10-11-2008, 09:05 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ya Orakpo was a manchild today. He was a force.
Old 10-11-2008, 10:03 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Ladies and Gentlemen, Brian Orkapo is no longer an option. The man's going to be out of our range.
I didn't get to see it at all...What happened?
Old 10-11-2008, 10:15 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloxygenil View Post
I didn't get to see it at all...What happened?
He raped Phil Loadholt.

Loadholt is a RT prospect, but it was still impressive.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 11:55 PM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

DraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Hey guys, its been a while.

At the moment what pass rushing DE's do you guys think will be availabile mid 2nd? Think Dimitroff kinda guys. Its hard to follow college FB here in AUS. Ideally you want a guy that drops cause of his weight. That would allow him to fall to the 2nd, still be able to get to the QB, light a fire under Anderson and give him 2-3 years to jack himself up (like Justin Tuck did) to be ready to take over from #55 in a few years IF Anderson steps up (IF).

Few Things

What i will say is that i hope our first round draft choice is in a position where we currently have no real potential players of the future. While Jamaal Anderson has done nothing AND Laurent and Grimes havent progressed like i hoped, i think there are smarter ways to use a 1st round selection without totally giving up on these guys (and avoid having huge money invested in one position ie DE) but while still being able to ensure ourselves against their (possible) sub par play in the future.

We only have a set number of draft choices so i would like to see Jackson and Foxworth get some time in place of Grimes for the rest of the season. If Foxworth looks decent id look to sign him for 2009 and beyond and use the draft choices somewhere else. Houston, Foxworth, Jackson, Grimes, Irons and Hutchins are a good young group and are all we really need in a cover 2.

Right now I'm hoping we can maintain the enthausiasm and finish 8-8, putting us in a good position to contend in 2009, with that being said and looking at last year i really hope TD looks to once again bring in an impact F/A to knock a big need off our draft board. Right now, i would have no problem in making DT Albert Haynesworth the most well paid DT in the league (him and #55 ;)).

With all that being said William Moore would be a great pick, he ticks all the boxes. Fits the system with safeties being the emphasis in the cover 2, good character, smart and decent physical tools. Right now, I hope he runs a Reggie Nelson esk 4.45-4.5 40 time while Mays sets the combine on fire with a Laron Landy type display and ends up going higher (tend to think he could be a tad overrated). If we could get Moore on the back of an 8-8 season, after signing Haynesworth, in a similair position to where Nelson was drafted i would be pumped and i think we could give this thing a real shake in 2009!

1) Moore
2) DE
3) WR/PR
4) Recieving TE
5) DT
5) OG
7) OC

P.S I love our O-Line. Id draft depth but id keep Baker Blalock McClure Dahl Clabo 2009 and keep builidng that chemistry. It will be great to have some consistancy with the O Line AND the coaching staff

Last edited by DraftMichaelHuff : 10-12-2008 at 12:00 AM.
DraftMichaelHuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 03:02 AM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

Alright...Big Game against the Bears to say the least and it was a great game to show a lot of what positions are of need and which ones we are solid at.

Its also been 6 games to evaluate so we are starting to get more consistant in what we see as a need.

I watch as much college football as possible and Im a huge fan of the Gators, and also watch a ton of games watching prospects.

Round 1) Up till now, I think we can all agree that this team needs a playmake in the secondary first and foremost. Whether that be William Moore or a CB (Jenkins, Macho, Davis) that is definintly our area of need. Crabs is the only WR i would consider in the first. Also this is an area I think TD might give a slight look to in FA and see how the prices are of some big pretty good corners in Gamble and Hayden.

S or CB

Round 2) After today its tough to say we need help at receiver b/c all of them played great. HD seemed liked he made every big catch when we needed it and Jenkins too. Also w/ Robinson out, we have a solid receiving core and a fairly cheap (cost wise) one at that. So honestly I dont really see a receiver being taken here. I cant argue against Crabtree in the first its just gonna all depend on who gets rated where (like if a corner prospect for our scheme can fall to round 2 or if there is a sleeper safety). My final verdict for the pick in round two is either TE or DE. Chase Coffman is a man I love (as ive ranted about). The guy just makes plays and would be huge in the red zone which is where we have been having so much trouble. At DE, Obviously Orakpo is out of the question but I love Everette Brown out of FSU. Big guy and fast. Even more quick than fast, just watch this guy off the ball. Abe is great and Babs will be here a long time. Yes Anderson looked good today but hes gonna have to show some consistancy and honestly I wouldnt mind having another good DE (the Giants proved that), and we all know Abe cant play forever.

So DE or TE

Round 3) This become the value round. What guy fell through?? Did we go TE or DE in round 2 and is there a TE or DE at this spot that is worth a damn. Havent seen enough prospects for later rounds. So here Maybe is a OL that can add depth to our solid line or a WR who can compete. Round three is big b/c its all about your schemes not BPA. Lat yr we got HD in the third and he has been great for us.

Value Pick

Thats kinda where I am right now.

Also, Id like everyones opinion on a return guy. They are becoming huge in the league and we dont have a solid PR at all. I guess they want to save Jerious. What round do you take a RS?? and who are they of this year.

As a Gator fan, I love Brandon James, he is absolutely electric, I mean every time he touches the ball he is a weapon. He's only 5'7 at most and weighs 180 but easily runs a 4.3 and might just be the best return man in the country.

I have also seen Derrick Williams out of Penn St. return a number of kicks but he also can play some receiver.

1) Brandon James UF
2) Derrick Williams PSU
3)Trindon Holliday LSU
4) Brandon Tate UNC

Plz guy all opinions needed.
Old 10-13-2008, 03:28 AM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

DraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunagan15 View Post
Alright...Big Game against the Bears to say the least and it was a great game to show a lot of what positions are of need and which ones we are solid at.

Its also been 6 games to evaluate so we are starting to get more consistant in what we see as a need.

I watch as much college football as possible and Im a huge fan of the Gators, and also watch a ton of games watching prospects.

Round 1) Up till now, I think we can all agree that this team needs a playmake in the secondary first and foremost. Whether that be William Moore or a CB (Jenkins, Macho, Davis) that is definintly our area of need. Crabs is the only WR i would consider in the first. Also this is an area I think TD might give a slight look to in FA and see how the prices are of some big pretty good corners in Gamble and Hayden.

S or CB

Round 2) After today its tough to say we need help at receiver b/c all of them played great. HD seemed liked he made every big catch when we needed it and Jenkins too. Also w/ Robinson out, we have a solid receiving core and a fairly cheap (cost wise) one at that. So honestly I dont really see a receiver being taken here. I cant argue against Crabtree in the first its just gonna all depend on who gets rated where (like if a corner prospect for our scheme can fall to round 2 or if there is a sleeper safety). My final verdict for the pick in round two is either TE or DE. Chase Coffman is a man I love (as ive ranted about). The guy just makes plays and would be huge in the red zone which is where we have been having so much trouble. At DE, Obviously Orakpo is out of the question but I love Everette Brown out of FSU. Big guy and fast. Even more quick than fast, just watch this guy off the ball. Abe is great and Babs will be here a long time. Yes Anderson looked good today but hes gonna have to show some consistancy and honestly I wouldnt mind having another good DE (the Giants proved that), and we all know Abe cant play forever.

So DE or TE

Round 3) This become the value round. What guy fell through?? Did we go TE or DE in round 2 and is there a TE or DE at this spot that is worth a damn. Havent seen enough prospects for later rounds. So here Maybe is a OL that can add depth to our solid line or a WR who can compete. Round three is big b/c its all about your schemes not BPA. Lat yr we got HD in the third and he has been great for us.

Value Pick

Thats kinda where I am right now.

Also, Id like everyones opinion on a return guy. They are becoming huge in the league and we dont have a solid PR at all. I guess they want to save Jerious. What round do you take a RS?? and who are they of this year.

As a Gator fan, I love Brandon James, he is absolutely electric, I mean every time he touches the ball he is a weapon. He's only 5'7 at most and weighs 180 but easily runs a 4.3 and might just be the best return man in the country.

I have also seen Derrick Williams out of Penn St. return a number of kicks but he also can play some receiver.

1) Brandon James UF
2) Derrick Williams PSU
3)Trindon Holliday LSU
4) Brandon Tate UNC

Plz guy all opinions needed.
I agree its heaps hard at this stage man. I mean best case scenario JA98, Laurent Robinson, Foxworth/Grimes/Jackson and Jerious Norwood (as our new PR) light it up for the rest of the year. In that case you would have your ideal needs directly geared to eventual replacements for our old guys

so SS, DT(NT), OC, WLB and RE.

AND add the fact that id love a huge bodied soft handed TE to run underneath stuff for Ryan. I hope TD scouts ex basket ball guys btw

In reality though, i find it hard to see all of those ideal things comming true. IMO the most unlikley is one of our CB's stepping up and emerging as a playmaker OR Norwood finally getting a chance to return punts.

So in saying that for the sake of reality of a mid-october mock draft id hedge my bets and add CB and PR to our list of needs.

Also you havent even gone near a DT draft-wise unless you are on the "pay fat albert" bandwagon with me. Hopefully it is as successful as the "pay Michael Turner" one a few of us got on last year. Even with an epic FA signing like that IMO you might still wannt bring in a guy on day 2 of the draft.

Also i dont think we should add starters to our Oline. Just cause the right side arent high draft picks doesnt mean they arent good. IMO give em next season to gel further as a group.

If i were you, i would hope Macho (being a cover two guy AND a PR) and William Moore run bad 40's. Macho is low 1st high 2nd value now so to me ideally it would be..

F/A Albert Haynesworth

1) Moore
2) Macho CB/PR
3,4,5,5,6 some assortment of DT, WLB, OC, RE, Pass Catchin TE

that IMO is a solid offseason atm. But as usual, thing will be way different in a few months

Last edited by DraftMichaelHuff : 10-13-2008 at 03:33 AM.
DraftMichaelHuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 04:49 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

Just one comment: at cornerback, I would rather see us add an experienced free agent than another youngster. We've got plenty of youth in Houston, Jackson, and Grimes, all of whom should continue to improve.

A major benefit of our increasingly promising season is that we should be pushing ourselves into 15-20 territory, where there is more likely to be DT/S value this year. (though we may be pushing ourselves out of W.Moore territory, sadly).
Old 10-13-2008, 08:03 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

I would love to figure out how to get Gamble in here. I like that guy. He's a stud.
Old 10-13-2008, 12:50 PM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

Yeah, Gamble's a guy I would have pegged. He might prove too expensive for Carolina, given that they also have Lucas and Marshall as starting-calibre corners. And then they have to decide whether to keep Peppers and Gross as well.

We should have the cap room, and corner currently seems like a sensible spot to spend some of that cash. My one concern is that Gamble is more of a man corner, and may not be that great in zone - but I'm not 100% sure on that.

Kelvin Hayden is my #1 corner target, a guy who has performed very well in a similar scheme. The Colts may not let him go, but they have been known to let guys move on into FA...

Other options:
Phil Buchanon - has played very well in the Bucs T2.
Asomugha - I think he leaves the Raiders; but he'd be wasted in a cover 2.
Dunta Robinson - great player before the injury; might be worth a gamble if the money's right.

It's interesting that there is much more talent at CB in FA than there is at DL this year, at least in terms of depth. Top end, DL wins, with Hayneworth, Peppers and Suggs, but there is little other talent.

In any case, I'd love to steal one FA from Carolina, whether it be Gross, Peppers or Gamble. There is no way they can keep all three, and they may not even be able to keep two.
Old 10-13-2008, 04:47 PM    (permalink
falconsrule
Rookie

falconsrule hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think Gamble and Dunta should be our two main targets this offseason.... Gamble would probally be alot cheaper but to me Dunta Robinson is a complete stud....He is everything Deangelo Hall is supposed to be but it all depends on how he bounces back from the injury.
falconsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 04:50 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dunta is coming off of a big injury. No thanks.

Old 10-13-2008, 05:00 PM    (permalink
falconsrule
Rookie

falconsrule hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

What type of injury was it? Do you guys think that Brandon Pettigrew have a chance at fallen into the 2nd round if so I think he will be a nice pick up for us we have to get Matt Ryan a number two option.
falconsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 05:33 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconsrule View Post
What type of injury was it? Do you guys think that Brandon Pettigrew have a chance at fallen into the 2nd round if so I think he will be a nice pick up for us we have to get Matt Ryan a number two option.
He tore his ACL and hamstring in November.

Pettigrew has character concerns. I doubt we select him.

Old 10-13-2008, 05:58 PM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

While i agree that Chris Gamble would be a good addition i guess it would just come down to cap room. I really like every player on our team right now except for Adam Jennings and i think with the chemistry we have going id love to see us resign pretty much everyone except for some of the old journeymen we brought in (moorehead fraser fudge etc) who would be replaced by draft picks/F/A.

We all know an awesome D Line can make life easier for corners thats kinda why a DT is my main F/A target, i mean just look at how Haynesworth impacts the Titans secondary, they have like the two INT leaders in the NFL. In addition, Fat Albert would completely up-end how other teams block our D Line- the position they once paid least attention to, now would have the most attention paid to it. He is also a 6"6 320 guy. Great Mike Smith body type

I agree that i wouldnt really be looking at Dunta Robinson
Old 10-13-2008, 05:59 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Haynesworth will not leave Tennessee.

Old 10-13-2008, 06:00 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Haynesworth will not leave Tennessee.

I will force him to do so.
Old 10-13-2008, 06:33 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The secondary is the only place I see the Falcons really need help right now. In the 16-20 range I could see them taking a guy like Alphonso Smith of Wake Forest who I think isthe 2nd best CB in this draft. He's undersized but all he does is make plays
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 06:48 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
The secondary is the only place I see the Falcons really need help right now. In the 16-20 range I could see them taking a guy like Alphonso Smith of Wake Forest who I think isthe 2nd best CB in this draft. He's undersized but all he does is make plays

I like him, but uhhghh. Small corners are making me cringe at this point.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:23 PM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
I like him, but uhhghh. Small corners are making me cringe at this point.
I agree. If we go after a corner, he will need to be able to physically compete with WR.

Looks like the PR unit could get a shake up, so that may well be one of those ideal events i outlined already in the thread beginning to occur. Give Norwood a shot