Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 10-14-2008, 12:58 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I honestly think that if Jenkins wants to be in Atlanta it wont cost us too much to re-sign him but someone may offer him a # 1 spot so you never know.
Old 10-14-2008, 02:32 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really like Jenkins a lot more this season. I can't believe he dropped that TD catch, but he has been pretty solid for us otherwise. He has been making some good catches and is running great routes.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 02:33 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
I really like Jenkins a lot more this season. I can't believe he dropped that TD catch, but he has been pretty solid for us otherwise. He has been making some good catches and is running great routes.

He's OK. He shouldn't be a #2 option on a good team however.
Old 10-14-2008, 03:12 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
Since it looks like we will be picking later then we first thought. I'm starting to like the ideal of picking a WR more. Someone like Percy Harvin or Maclin would be a good fit to team with White. They would both also help out in the return game and you can never have to many playmakers. This is assuming Jenkins leaves and Robinson doesn't step up.
I have a very hard time getting another WR. We have HD + Roddy + Robinson for sure, and if we keep Jenks around there's just not much room for WRs. We're a power running team, why spend a first round pick on a guy who's going to get 5-7 targets a game max? I want a return guy really bad, but unless we don't plan on keeping Roddy around (MAJOR MISTAKE) then I don't see how we could afford to pick a WR in the first, as flashy as they are and as 'ideal' as it may appear, we're not the Colts. Don't think that's even remotely the plan either.
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 04:33 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloxygenil View Post
I have a very hard time getting another WR. We have HD + Roddy + Robinson for sure, and if we keep Jenks around there's just not much room for WRs. We're a power running team, why spend a first round pick on a guy who's going to get 5-7 targets a game max? I want a return guy really bad, but unless we don't plan on keeping Roddy around (MAJOR MISTAKE) then I don't see how we could afford to pick a WR in the first, as flashy as they are and as 'ideal' as it may appear, we're not the Colts. Don't think that's even remotely the plan either.

It doesn't hurt to surround your franchise QB with as much talent as possible. Especially considering we don't have a legit 2nd option.
Old 10-14-2008, 04:37 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont really trust Laurent Robinson can be a good #2 WR right now, we are better off with Jenkings. He has done everything right except drop some balls, those things just become mental, look at Roddy. Also Jenkings is a big target, Ryan can use him a little different then others.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 04:40 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Laurent Robinson is the **** guys. I am telling you. He is a GREAT option as a 2nd receiver. He has all the tools you look for. He will beat single coverage and make some nice grabs for first down. With a dominant guy like White on the other side, you really cant ask for more.

And I agree with iloxy. We are a power running team. We run first, pass 2nd as of now. As much as I would love to surround Ryan with talent, we have too many holes on the defense (which nearly cost us the Bears and Packers game)

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
Old 10-14-2008, 04:46 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Laurent Robinson is the **** guys. I am telling you. He is a GREAT option as a 2nd receiver. He has all the tools you look for. He will beat single coverage and make some nice grabs for first down. With a dominant guy like White on the other side, you really cant ask for more.

He's extremely talented. He just drops the ball a lot, and is a ***** who can't stay on the field.
Old 10-14-2008, 04:50 PM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

DraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
He certainly flashes that when he is on the feild. He really needs to show it consistantly now. AND Even if he does, i still would love to lock Jenkins up long term. Jenkins isnt the most confident guy, he will re-sign for cheap...infact i see alot of players signing slightly below their market value to stay with the team they have have become so close with and the coach they love. Jenkins HD Roddy and Robinson are 4 great weapons who offer different things for our QB and i want all of them on the roster for years to come.

If we are talking new weapons for Matt Ryan it doesnt need to be at WR (unless we didnt have many other needs)Fill other spots first and his new weapon can come by virtue of a catching TE.

Right now i love

F/A CB Hayden

1) Ogobasse
2) SS

OR

F/A DT Haynesworth

1)SS- Moore/Mays
2)CB

Seriously Dallas added another star. If we had their sway/expertise regarding the impact of the salary cap or lack their of we coudl get both Hayden AND Hayneworth. Unfortunatley we aren Americas team lol and dont have those benifits. But Just for fun

F/A DT Haynesworth, CB Hayden

1) SS- Moore/Mays
2) Chase Coffman

Now that looks good and really would put us in the mix..if only it were possible

Last edited by DraftMichaelHuff : 10-14-2008 at 05:00 PM.
DraftMichaelHuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 04:51 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
He's extremely talented. He just drops the ball a lot, and is a ***** who can't stay on the field.
He is a young receiver. He will get over his drops. And I guess he does need to toughen up.

Old 10-14-2008, 04:57 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
He is a young receiver. He will get over his drops. And I guess he does need to toughen up.

It was a knock on him coming out, and I read the other day that the team is souring on him because he doesn't have the toughness to get out there.
Old 10-14-2008, 05:00 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We need offense, not defense. You build on your strengths, not your weaknesses. We need to give Matt Ryan and Michael Turner the best possible surrounding offense.

Defensively, we obviously need a lot. But I believe linebackers can be found late, same with defensive tackles after the few elite.

We do need some secondary pieces, but if Crabtree or an offensive tackle is available we need that player.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
falconsrule
Rookie

falconsrule hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I really wouldnt lock Jenkins up long term but I would sign him to a one year contract and based on how he performs would determine if we sign him to a long term deal.
falconsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

I will give him some time to chance and toughen up. Play for the team.

I am not the biggest fan of getting a huge FA signing. Turner was a great signing, but it wasn't one of the biggest and we got him relatively cheap. I just feel as if expensive FAs hardly pan out. Hayden I like though.

Old 10-14-2008, 05:06 PM    (permalink
falconsrule
Rookie

Also if I had to guess who will be at the top of our draft board at the season end two names come to my mind....Malcolm Jenkins and William Moore.
Old 10-14-2008, 05:10 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And I agree with iloxy.
I see that as iloxy's sig quote for many many years. :p

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 10-14-2008, 05:13 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
I see that as iloxy's sig quote for many many years. :p
lol.

I am a huge fan of Malcolm Jenkins right now. We seem to be at a spot (pick 10-18) to pick him up. I see his stock dropping around combine time and other, more athletic CBs passing him. I think he would be perfect for system. OSU has a history of getting great CBs and Jenkins seems next in line.

Old 10-14-2008, 05:15 PM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

DraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
We need offense, not defense. You build on your strengths, not your weaknesses. We need to give Matt Ryan and Michael Turner the best possible surrounding offense.

Defensively, we obviously need a lot. But I believe linebackers can be found late, same with defensive tackles after the few elite.

We do need some secondary pieces, but if Crabtree or an offensive tackle is available we need that player.
Matt Ryan already looks good/better than expected, i think he can continue to grow for 1 more season with mainly the weapons he has now...remember with Robinson Douglas and Jenkins there is till quite alot of breakout potential in there. That is on top of Roddy's ALL WORLD play right now-and even he is still getting better.

Dont get me wrong man im all for adding weapons for Ryan but i still think we are 1 season away from being at the stage where we can afford to really just do that. Im not sure how many games we can pull out with our current personel on D irrespective of the O. If we could sure up the D this year with 1 or maybe 2 F/A signings and 1 or 2 high(er) draft pics netting us a NT SS and CB then YES i deffinatly agree that from 2010 onwards you look to build a crazy O for Ryan. But right now i dont think we are there yet...the Colts only started winning big games when their D became average instead of horrible.

But yeah i deffinatly see what your saying, its just a matter of opinion. In the end its just an exciting time to follow a team like this and sure beats talking about Vick, Petrino and Joey Harrington

Last edited by DraftMichaelHuff : 10-14-2008 at 05:18 PM.
Old 10-14-2008, 05:17 PM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

Quote:
I just feel as if expensive FAs hardly pan out. Hayden I like though.
Well yeah your right, but i just get the vibe from TD and co. that they know what their doing in F/A. They arent gonna bring in a fat 3/4 ILB for a 4/3 team (Hartwell). I think if we spludge on F/A in the TD era it will be pricise and effective
Old 10-14-2008, 05:49 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

Yeah. The only offensive player I can see us spending a first on is a stud TE. I would love for Ryan to have a target in the middle of the field. Like all his passes are to the side line...

You guys have to admit though, it would be fun. Give Ryan Crabtree. Get a quality TE. Engage in shootouts all the time. With the talent we have, I am sure we would be able to win a lot of them.

Old 10-14-2008, 05:55 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
It doesn't hurt to surround your franchise QB with as much talent as possible. Especially considering we don't have a legit 2nd option.
yeah, but that option needs to be a TE. we have 3 WR's who are solid slot receivers with 2 as possible solid #2s (Robinson/Dogulas) so let's let the receivers actually develop before we make any judgments.

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 06:05 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by scar988 View Post
yeah, but that option needs to be a TE. we have 3 WR's who are solid slot receivers with 2 as possible solid #2s (Robinson/Dogulas) so let's let the receivers actually develop before we make any judgments.
I agree with you, this is the first year that any of our WR play with a good QB. It's amazing how much better a good QB makes a WR, i think we should draft more on the defensive side, and let the offense develop more because everyone is young besides McClure.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 10-14-2008, 06:12 PM    (permalink
falconsrule
Rookie

Quote:
lol.

I am a huge fan of Malcolm Jenkins right now. We seem to be at a spot (pick 10-18) to pick him up. I see his stock dropping around combine time and other, more athletic CBs passing him. I think he would be perfect for system. OSU has a history of getting great CBs and Jenkins seems next in line.
Malcolm Jenkins could come right in and start from day one which would bump Grimes out of the starting lineup (Thank God)....And maybe Chevis Jackson could give Chris Houston some competetion for the starting spot on the other side another option would be to sign Chris Gamble and draft William Moore.
Old 10-14-2008, 06:22 PM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconsrule View Post
Malcolm Jenkins could come right in and start from day one which would bump Grimes out of the starting lineup (Thank God)....And maybe Chevis Jackson could give Chris Houston some competetion for the starting spot on the other side another option would be to sign Chris Gamble and draft William Moore.
I agree mostly, however, while I love Chris Gamble as a player if both were F/A's and after everything i've read and seen i think CB Kelvin Hayden from the Colts, being only 25, not as highly sought after and having played his whole career in the cover 2, would be a slightly better fit.

Malcom Jenkins is deffinately another solid option though. It all depends on our draft position and the stock of alot of these guys as April nears

Last edited by DraftMichaelHuff : 10-14-2008 at 06:26 PM.
Old 10-14-2008, 06:26 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We don't run all cover 2 though. We do run a lot of zone, but we run man as well. We need athletes as well as players who can tackle.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote