Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-02-2006, 10:12 PM    (permalink
Fred Savage

Yes, this time I put a poll on it.

I loved the second half of RAW. A lot of stuff went on setting up, what I think is going to be McMahons/Spirit Squad vs DX Cena, HHH, HBK and others. It should be good. Plus the Joey Stilles thing is setting up the ECW one night stand. Should be an interesting plot comming in the following months. Also, RVD is going to win the championship at ECW One Night Stand.
Old 05-02-2006, 10:27 PM    (permalink
Memorex
Rookie

Memorex needs more cowbell.

nothing beats the Diamond Cutter, i know it was WCW, but still nothing beats it.
Old 05-02-2006, 10:55 PM    (permalink
Fred Savage

Wasnt the diamond cutter just a DDT? The Peal River Plunge, Pedigree, and Tombstone are much better then the Diamond Cutter.
Old 05-02-2006, 10:58 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Diamond Cutter is kind of like Stunner, but you fall on your back instead of rear end.
Old 05-02-2006, 10:59 PM    (permalink
rchrd
Veteran

rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Before Austin got really complacent about it, the stunner was quality.
Old 05-02-2006, 11:03 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't watched wrestling in years, but I used to be nuts about ECW in high school. So upset when WWE or whatever it is called now purchased it. I believe the Stunner was nothing more than the Whippersnapper I believe it was called. Mikey Whipwreck had been doing it for years in ECW. Austin just took it when he moved to WWF.

Also what is the Pearl River Plunge? Can someone explain to me what it is. Because I'm sure it was stolen from someone back in ECW.
Old 05-03-2006, 12:01 AM    (permalink
eazyb81
All-Pro

eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10
I haven't watched wrestling in years, but I used to be nuts about ECW in high school. So upset when WWE or whatever it is called now purchased it. I believe the Stunner was nothing more than the Whippersnapper I believe it was called. Mikey Whipwreck had been doing it for years in ECW. Austin just took it when he moved to WWF.

Also what is the Pearl River Plunge? Can someone explain to me what it is. Because I'm sure it was stolen from someone back in ECW.
It's been awhile, but I think the Pearl River Plunge was sort of a modified Power Bomb. Instead of just throwing the guy on his back though, I think the person doing it follows through and lands on their butt. It was Ahmed Johnson's finisher back in the day.

You really think DX will come back? That would be pretty sweet, but i'm not sure how it would work out. I can't see HHH and Michaels back together, but we will see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown

If Chase Daniel finishes top 5 in the Heisman I'll cut my balls off.

2008 COTTON BOWL CHAMPIONS
eazyb81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 12:06 AM    (permalink
Fogartynyy2789
Veteran

Fogartynyy2789 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Fogartynyy2789 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchrd
Austin's back is so messed up, it's the only move that he is able to use.

Penn State basketball wins this decade- 0.
Fogartynyy2789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 12:44 AM    (permalink
rchrd
Veteran

rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogartynyy2789
Quote:
Originally Posted by rchrd
Austin's back is so messed up, it's the only move that he is able to use.
lol.
Old 05-03-2006, 12:48 AM    (permalink
Hamptorf
Rookie

Hamptorf hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Sweet Chin Music?

An under the radar move that would hurt in real life is
Christian's Impaler.
Old 05-03-2006, 02:33 AM    (permalink
eazyb81
All-Pro

eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.

What about Hogan's leg drop?

Probably the worst finisher of all time.

An old-school one that hurts in real life is Sgt. Slaughter's Camel Clutch, I almost broke my brother's neck doing that to him.

Quote:

Old 05-03-2006, 03:22 AM    (permalink
moc182
All-Pro

moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.

How is the pearl river plunge not winning? Ahmed Johnson was probably the greatest person to ever live, ever.

"A real man makes his own luck." Billy Zane, Titanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmitt Smith
Donít quit, donít even quit.
moc182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 03:31 AM    (permalink
Newt

I love any chock slam, spear or diving finisher. Although my favorites are the twist of fate, tombstone and Jackhammer.
Old 05-03-2006, 03:35 AM    (permalink
eazyb81
All-Pro

Just look at the sig for the best finisher of all time: The Shake, Rattle, and Roll!!! You can't beat a swinging neckbreaker.

Legion of Doom probably had the best tag team finisher ever.

Quote:

Old 05-03-2006, 03:35 AM    (permalink
Nerv

I had to vote for the tombstone because the Undertaker always has and always will be my favorite wrestler.
Old 05-03-2006, 04:10 AM    (permalink
Creek
Hall of Famer
Pro Bowler

Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hmmm....

Koji Clutch (best submission)
Rhinodriver
Cop Killa

Off the top of my head those are some of my all-time favorites.

As for current WWE, Kenny's leg drop would porbably be my favorite.

Honorable mention in this thread to Petey Williams' canadian destroyer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuff View Post
Yeah, good joke. Awesome.
Creek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 04:15 AM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Savage
Yes, this time I put a poll on it.

I loved the second half of RAW. A lot of stuff went on setting up, what I think is going to be McMahons/Spirit Squad vs DX Cena, HHH, HBK and others. It should be good. Plus the Joey Stilles thing is setting up the ECW one night stand. Should be an interesting plot comming in the following months. Also, RVD is going to win the championship at ECW One Night Stand.
Cena won't be in it. That would be way to many Championship contenders in one group. Plus, look for Cena to turn heel. Watch for Sean Waltman (X-Pac, 123 Kid, Syxx) to come back if MTVs wrestling promotion fails, which it probably will.

I read something where they said JBL might win the Championship and then RVD would win it from him at One Night Stand. I'd really like to see that. One thing I think would be really interesting is if RVD still has his Intercontinental Belt when he wins the Championship. I think this would be a great way to justify having ECW on both RAW and Smackdown
Old 05-03-2006, 04:18 AM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekeagles48
hmmm....

Rhinodriver
Cop Killa

Worst finisher ever. Sure it looks cool, but it is completely idiotic. I know you can't do any of these moves without the other persons cooperation, but I draw the line when the person receiving the move has to do it to themselves!!!
Old 05-03-2006, 04:21 AM    (permalink
Creek
Hall of Famer
Pro Bowler

Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

canadian destroyer: http://youtube.com/watch?v=RNrEvMpbv...an%20destroyer

cop killa (with the double stomp from Low Ki as well): http://youtube.com/watch?v=-4Os1jZZl...ch=cop%20killa

Quote:
Old 05-03-2006, 04:23 AM    (permalink
Creek
Hall of Famer
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAWICGB
Quote:
hmmm....

Rhinodriver
Cop Killa

Worst finisher ever. Sure it looks cool, but it is completely idiotic. I know you can't do any of these moves without the other persons cooperation, but I draw the line when the person receiving the move has to do it to themselves!!!
I agree. Just giving it an honorable mention because it is one dangerous bump to take.

Quote:
Old 05-03-2006, 04:25 AM    (permalink
Nerv

Quote:

cop killa (with the double stomp from Low Ki as well): http://youtube.com/watch?v=-4Os1jZZl...ch=cop%20killa
Wow the canadian destroyer is ridiculous, the other guy has to do a freaking flip on his own for the move to work. And that 2nd finisher took way too long to develop.
Old 05-03-2006, 04:25 AM    (permalink

Okay I retract my previous statement.

Does Petey Williams do that to him self as the other persons finisher? I'm confused.
Old 05-03-2006, 04:28 AM    (permalink
Creek
Hall of Famer
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerv
Quote:

Wow the canadian destroyer is ridiculous, the other guy has to do a freaking flip on his own for the move to work. And that 2nd finisher took way too long to develop.
That's the only video I found of it. I've seen them hit it much faster before. 1st time I saw it, it came out of nowhere and I thought the other guy had died.

Quote:
Old 05-03-2006, 04:29 AM    (permalink

Ohh no, that guy got killed!!!

I saw a video of Triple H doing the pedigree to some jobber and the guy got a little to ambitious and he jumped to high. He ended up landing directly on his head and you could just see his spine crush. He apparently died a few hours later.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=lT6-C5qABF0&search=pedigree
Old 05-03-2006, 04:31 AM    (permalink
Newt

That second one looks like the Vertabreaker, but with a second guy diving and kicking the victim.