Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 06-10-2008, 11:20 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Allen expects Vikings in Super Bowl?

Minneapolis Star Tribune

"Considering the financial investment that the Vikings made to upgrade their roster this offseason, it should come as no surprise that owner Zygi Wilf and Pro Bowl defensive end Jared Allen have grand expectations. Wilf, attending the team's weekend minicamp, talked about the "tremendous amount of talent" the Vikings possess and that "every position that we felt we needed to get better at, we've brought the players in." Allen, the biggest name among the newcomers, was even more direct. "We expect to go to the Super Bowl," he said."
Old 06-10-2008, 11:27 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With their defense and ADP, that is not a bad goal to have. With more consistency in the passing game and another year under Childress, they have a chance. The NFC is decently wide open.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 11:32 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want to see them make the playoffs first and get some consistency with that before talking, to the media, about superbowl.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 11:34 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really don't think it is that out of the question if there passing game steps it up it could happen.

They are not a lock by any means but if there D and running game plays like they should they could be trouble for the NFC.

Last edited by Splat : 06-10-2008 at 11:50 AM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 11:39 AM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Tarvaris Jackson, or any QB for that matter steps up they have a chance.
Old 06-10-2008, 11:43 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's my boy.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 11:44 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah they certainly have the potential, but thinking it in the lockeroom and going out and saying it is different. I want to see more consistently before I buy into that.
Old 06-10-2008, 12:10 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Tarvaris Jackson develops to the point that he throws 2,500 yards and has a 3-2 TD/INT ratio (around 20 TDs, I'd say), this could happen.

If he takes another year to develop and they don't bench him, no way.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 01:10 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We have the talent to make the Superbowl but like everyone has said the question is the QB Spot. I think Tarvaris will do better than last year in his progression and he will become an establish QB. I said this in the Minnesota Vikings Discussion. He has no reason not to succeed. They got him a Deep Threat and Sidney Rice is a Tall Receiver to compliment Berrian. Adrian and Chester in the backfield pounding the run one first and second. The defense should be better than last year. We finally have a guy who can rush the QB and will give Kevin and Pat 1 on 1 battles. It's just good to see the Vikings players knowing what they need to do because of what the Organization has done last year and this year.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 01:16 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Jag View Post
If Tarvaris Jackson develops to the point that he throws 2,500 yards and has a 3-2 TD/INT ratio (around 20 TDs, I'd say), this could happen.

If he takes another year to develop and they don't bench him, no way.
eh, i don't even know if he needs that many TD passes. The passing game just has to be considered a semi threat so that defenses don't have to completely ignore the passing game. If he's getting 200 yards passing a game i'd say they are fine. TDs will come if they can do that because the run game will the primary target of the defense so there will be opportunities. They just have to show they can take advantage of them. Superbowl is a serious possibility, but it should be for every team. I have no problem with them saying anything out loud, it just brings more pressure on the team and their QB because it is obvious that that is the weak link.....

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 01:24 PM    (permalink
chug o nomics
Rookie

chug o nomics hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
Yeah they certainly have the potential, but thinking it in the lockeroom and going out and saying it is different. I want to see more consistently before I buy into that.
I think that him going out and telling the media is a good move because it lets our guys know that we at least have one guy who believes in the team so much that he's willing to risk criticism by letting the league know what's expected of us.
Old 06-10-2008, 01:37 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma View Post
eh, i don't even know if he needs that many TD passes. The passing game just has to be considered a semi threat so that defenses don't have to completely ignore the passing game. If he's getting 200 yards passing a game i'd say they are fine. TDs will come if they can do that because the run game will the primary target of the defense so there will be opportunities. They just have to show they can take advantage of them. Superbowl is a serious possibility, but it should be for every team. I have no problem with them saying anything out loud, it just brings more pressure on the team and their QB because it is obvious that that is the weak link.....
last I checked the math, 200X16=3,200, so therefore, your idea woudl require more than what the other calls for in 2500, which I think is reasonable. Jus tthought I'd point it out.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 01:53 PM    (permalink
TheGreatEscape
Veteran

TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.

I'm actually picking them to get hot late and go on a role.
TheGreatEscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 02:44 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by chug o nomics View Post
I think that him going out and telling the media is a good move because it lets our guys know that we at least have one guy who believes in the team so much that he's willing to risk criticism by letting the league know what's expected of us.
I mean it's always good aim that high, but first establish consistency before saying that. That's like the dolphins coming out and saying the same thing. Granted the Vikings have more talent than the Dolphins, but both need to show consistency in making the playoffs before going out and making statements like that.

We had problems with players opening their mouths saying stuff like that. So we had shirts made saying shut up and play the game, or something along those lines. I want to see consistency by the Vikings before reading and hearing their players talk about superbowl publicially at least.
Old 06-10-2008, 03:04 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He should be praying they make it into the playoffs first
Old 06-10-2008, 03:41 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
Minneapolis Star Tribune

"Considering the financial investment that the Vikings made to upgrade their roster this offseason, it should come as no surprise that owner Zygi Wilf and Pro Bowl defensive end Jared Allen have grand expectations. Wilf, attending the team's weekend minicamp, talked about the "tremendous amount of talent" the Vikings possess and that "every position that we felt we needed to get better at, we've brought the players in." Allen, the biggest name among the newcomers, was even more direct. "We expect to go to the Super Bowl," he said."
Awesome, they can get totally thrashed by the Raiders again.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 05:36 PM    (permalink
buckeyes4ever
Rookie

buckeyes4ever hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'd say they make it deep into the playoffs this year but ADP has never experianced the playoffs and seeing as he is there main offensive threat... its hard to give them the nod, as well as alot of their other core players not haveing that much experiance in the playoffs yet; and the final thing that will keep tem from reaching that bench mark is that they have no solid QB and as many people have said you cant win the superbowl without a good QB or atleast an experianced one, its like trying to win the world series without pitching it, it just doesnt usually work out. On another note I seriously like the Vikings this year, and if I had to make a homer prediction it would be that they would take the division and make it to the NFC title game where they would face the cowboys but unfortunatly it is going to be Dallas that comes out on top.

Jim Tressel: "a gentlmens code only applies to gentlmen"

"they give him the lane and.... OOOOOOOOOO. LEBRON JAMES WITH NO REGARD FOR HUMAN LIFE!!!!!!!!!!"
buckeyes4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 06:44 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How well Minnesota does depends all on how the QB play is plain and simple. If Tavaris steps up they can be dangerous especially in the NFC
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 07:54 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe if they get a good QB and WR they could maybe make it

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
Amari Cooper or Melvin Gordon Please
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 08:05 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wait, isn't the point of playing in the NFL to get to and win the super bowl? So, shouldn't everyone expect to make it there? I personally think it'd be a shame if he didn't.

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 08:08 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

you know what would be funny?

adrian peterson gets hurt for real this year. and they go 8 and 8.

all that money ziggy?

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 09:01 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They need to worry about winning the division first.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 09:24 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardvikingsfan View Post
Wait, isn't the point of playing in the NFL to get to and win the super bowl? So, shouldn't everyone expect to make it there? I personally think it'd be a shame if he didn't.
No not at all
Old 06-10-2008, 09:41 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
I want to see them make the playoffs first and get some consistency with that before talking, to the media, about superbowl.
Thats how you feel as an outsider, if you are a HC(which I believe you are in real life) do you huddle your team up in training camp, and say, "guys, can really make the playoffs this year we just have to work, super bowl is obviously out of the question because their are alot of teams better, but we can at least make the playoffs", every team sets their goals on the playoffs...Honestly if before last season came out and somebody for the Giants said something about winning the super bowl alot of people would of laughed also, the "best team" doesn't always end up winning the super bowl, realistically all they have to do is be clicking at the right time of the year...If AD is healthy along with that D line, I wouldn't consider it out of the question if Jackson can play bus driver, I've seen plenty of teams win with a great defense and strong running game, happens all the time.

We all as outside fans want to sit here and say "there is no way this team makes it", but the facts are, teams or players don't think that way, even at the smallest levels, nor do they feel differently publicly speaking...Wasn't everyone bashing Vernon Gholston for saying something along the lines of competing for the super bowl, not this yr but next year, how is that so funny, and what Allen said is not right either? Can't be both ways, players feel they can win the super bowl with the guys around them, and saying is believing, I have no problem with guys speaking about the super bowl, rather that then personal stats or the pro bowl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Last edited by LonghornsLegend : 06-10-2008 at 09:43 PM.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 10:00 PM    (permalink
BBIB
Veteran

BBIB hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.BBIB hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
you know what would be funny?

adrian peterson gets hurt for real this year. and they go 8 and 8.

all that money ziggy?
Actually I wouldn't call that FUNNY at all.

But what is rather ironic/humorous is that if Zygi Wilf wasn't such a cheapskate 4-5 years ago when they had that prolific offense with Randy Moss while they were as high as 30 million under the cap, they would almost certainly have a ring or two by now.

Moss was made the scapegoat in Minnesota but in reality, it was not spending money to sure up that porous defense that cost them.
BBIB is offline   Reply With Quote