Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 06-12-2008, 11:45 AM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Chad Showed up but....

he isnt doing anything. THats what I expected.

here is the article link.

http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=6837

The real news there is Andrews is the First string RT and Big Willie is Second! and that Kenny Irons shwoed up for practicE!!!!!!
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 12:06 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He says he's "hurt". He will be shortly after the first contact scrimmage I'd say.

What a bum.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 10:16 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chad is a giant puss. He is a great receiver brought down by him being a whiner and a puss.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 10:27 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
Chad is a giant puss. He is a great receiver brought down by him being a whiner and a puss.
straight up holmes!
Old 06-12-2008, 10:45 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

idk guys. We've brought it up on these forums before, but Marvin seems to confirm the idea: Drew Rosenhaus is the problem. Take a look at these videos:

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d808cea05

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d808cf839

I watched the first video and marvin said "My relationship with chad changed when his representation changed". I thought maybe they meant more than just Drew Rosenhaus but then in the second video they specifically say the translation for "representation" is Drew Rosenhaus.

I still like Chad (i've said that several times on these boards) and I kind of hope more media coverage blames Rosenhaus so Chad has a scape goat to put all of this on and then he can apologize and continue to play for us.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 10:52 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
idk guys. We've brought it up on these forums before, but Marvin seems to confirm the idea: Drew Rosenhaus is the problem. Take a look at these videos:

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d808cea05

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d808cf839

I watched the first video and marvin said "My relationship with chad changed when his representation changed". I thought maybe they meant more than just Drew Rosenhaus but then in the second video they specifically say the translation for "representation" is Drew Rosenhaus.

I still like Chad (i've said that several times on these boards) and I kind of hope more media coverage blames Rosenhaus so Chad has a scape goat to put all of this on and then he can apologize and continue to play for us.
Thats interesting I never knew that...
Old 06-13-2008, 01:21 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would like to see more routes involving Chad going up the middle. Especially against the Ravens and Steelers.

Maybe this all started when he got blown up by Brian Russell?
Old 06-13-2008, 02:07 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Or maybe it started because he is a puss? sorry had to get one more in me.

Ive said for a long time Drew is the problem. He takes a lot of high profile agents and turns them into whiners. Chad wasnt a whiner until he got with Drew. He gets in his clients head and makes them think theyre worth more than they are.
Id say this is why Chad is a puss, but me thinks he has always been one. Hey, look at that I had two more Chad is a puss comments in me. Well make it thrice.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 06-15-2008, 12:58 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

If CJ dumped Rosenhaus, that would tell me he's taking things over for himself.... It would be a step in the right direction for sure. Doubtful I'm sure...
Old 06-16-2008, 10:08 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hey guys im back now. This is the first ive heard about what CJ did but I got to say i coulda called that one months ago.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 09:26 AM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

BengalMedic hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Been out of the loop for a couple of weeks, but you would think the Bengals would have some sort of recourse in dealing with this. "IF" Chad and the Bengals knew there was a problem with the ankle, WHY wasn't this handled immediately following the season ?? Why now ?? Sounds a bit fishy to me. If Chad shows up and refuses to participate, that is an issue and the organization should take issue with it.

In my opinion Marvin has worked to hard to try to regain the locker room only to have Chad show back up and make him look stupid.
BengalMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 02:31 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently they don't agree that he does need the surgery or CJ simply doesn't want to get it. The Bengals told him he needed to get the surgery after the season and he did not do that.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 06-18-2008, 07:29 AM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

And now Chad is going to have the surgery. Last time he had this procedure done, he was back at it in two weeks time. Something tells me this is going to be an ongoing issue with his ankle for the entire season.
Old 06-18-2008, 11:28 AM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

yep, he is getting the surgery so he can have an excuse to not go to training camp. Then something will happen and he wont be playing during the season...
Old 06-18-2008, 12:05 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripedWalrus View Post
yep, he is getting the surgery so he can have an excuse to not go to training camp. Then something will happen and he wont be playing during the season...
Just as well for me :D
Old 06-19-2008, 08:47 AM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

I still would have liked to see the Bengals suck it up and take the offer from Washington in regards to getting their pick at #21 and another one the following year. I think with the addition of a pass catching TE in Utetch, not to mention a healthy backfield with Perry, would have lessened the blow of losing Chad's production.

There were many players out there that could have made an impact for us and the youngsters would have a trial by fire at WR. I was looking at some of the players taken at #21 and before we picked in the second:

Felix Jones or Rashard Mendenhall would have been a nice addition with the questions in the backfield.
Kentwan Balmer would have been more than enough to make me happy at DT.
Phillip Merling would have made nice depth at DE or even Kenny Phillips for safety depth.
Chilo Rachal would have been nice at Guard or maybe pick a WR earlier like Hardy and then use a later pick on someone else.

We could what if it all day long, but I'm just saying I wouldn't have minded that deal getting done. Add in the additional pick next year would more than likely been a first, as Chad could reach the target in the markers, that sure would be nice as well.

Oh well, Chad is here and if he pulls his head out of his backside and plays well this year, there won't be much to complain about. I still think he's an assh*le though !!!
Old 06-19-2008, 09:22 AM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalMedic View Post
I still would have liked to see the Bengals suck it up and take the offer from Washington in regards to getting their pick at #21 and another one the following year. I think with the addition of a pass catching TE in Utetch, not to mention a healthy backfield with Perry, would have lessened the blow of losing Chad's production.

There were many players out there that could have made an impact for us and the youngsters would have a trial by fire at WR. I was looking at some of the players taken at #21 and before we picked in the second:

Felix Jones or Rashard Mendenhall would have been a nice addition with the questions in the backfield.
Kentwan Balmer would have been more than enough to make me happy at DT.
Phillip Merling would have made nice depth at DE or even Kenny Phillips for safety depth.
Chilo Rachal would have been nice at Guard or maybe pick a WR earlier like Hardy and then use a later pick on someone else.

We could what if it all day long, but I'm just saying I wouldn't have minded that deal getting done. Add in the additional pick next year would more than likely been a first, as Chad could reach the target in the markers, that sure would be nice as well.

Oh well, Chad is here and if he pulls his head out of his backside and plays well this year, there won't be much to complain about. I still think he's an assh*le though !!!
Those all would have been nice pick ups, but none of them could do as much as much for us as Chad could =/
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 12:06 PM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

Key word there being "COULD"... While I am NOT about to argue what a "healthy" "non headcase" Chad brings to the table, I will argue that his presence right now is not helping anyone. If the ankle thing lingers on, then this is a real issue. Especially since the team told him to take care of it immediately following the season. He didn't... He's already making people look stupid by showing up and doing nothing. The organization has stood by and just let him do nothing. Ridiculous !!!

Once again, with the additions of Utecht and a healthy Perry out of the backfield, Chad's not being there would be reduced. Then we would have to hope for the best from our rookies. I personally would be ok with that.

I just feel there were other avenues that were available and I would have rather seen them makes the sacrifice now rather than later. If Chad has a bad season or he makes the ankle issue linger, do you think we will be getting a 1st with the possibility of another first with him being another year older ?? I don't think so...

Like I said, this is what we've got, but rest assured that the Chad circus is just reving up and it won't be coming to an end anytime soon. As a matter of fact, wait until we try to resign TJ and he makes MORE money than Chad. That will be funny !!!
Old 06-19-2008, 12:42 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

hellz, I am still hopping for that eagles trade...two first rounders, laws, and another player that is getting less and less more likely to happen =(.
Old 06-20-2008, 01:40 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

I hate when a player whines and gets his way. thats what separates these players from real players. are you here to win and play football or collect a paycheck. which is it? chad is def with the latter.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 06-20-2008, 07:23 AM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=6849

And now you have this from Chad. Sounds like a man who got his butt handed to him. I mean really, what else is he going to say at this point ?? The only thing he can do is blame it on the business side of things and try to make nice. He can't afford to sit out and he should at least realize that his best chance of getting out (if that is what he wants) is to produce at a high level this season.

I'm not ready to forgive Chad, as I still think he's a grade A douchebag, but I like the direction this is going in. If he produces at a high level and the defense can step up, Chad just might have a pretty good chance of getting the Ring, he claims is the reason for wanting to leave the Bengals.
Old 06-20-2008, 01:13 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

I still want a formal apology to the organization and the City of Cincinnati.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 06-20-2008, 01:25 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

yea I want the apology too! But I think this is the closest thing to an apology we are going to get.
Old 06-20-2008, 02:04 PM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

Making the comment of, "I love you Cincinnati" just isn't enough in my book, but it's probably as close as we are going to get. Like I said, what else can he do but now state how he likes the look of the defense and how he hopes the fans understand it's just business.

I'm sorry, but when Chad said he doesn't care about how the fans view him, that is a slap in the face of all the fans that grew to love him and were happy he was the face of the organization.

I'd like to see something more along the lines of a public apology, because business or not, it was just wrong !!!
Old 06-20-2008, 11:15 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

It's a step in the right direction.

I liked him placing blame on himself, talking up the defense, wanting to get back to work and realizing the fact that the organization wants a sane Chad around here.

Looks like for the time being at least, things won't be destroyed by having him around... Which I'm thankful for.

He needs to come out and say it was about money, I like how he said, "the contract will take care of itself". Of course it will, you either play and get paid... Or don't play and don't get paid.

Have to give Mike Brown/Marvin credit for laying the hammer down on him. It (to this point anyway) is keeping him around and even more importantly is telling other players there's no use in whining and moaning about your contract... Nothing is going to happen from it.

Until he fully grows a pair, my sig is going nowhere.