Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 06-20-2008, 11:29 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

here here! and your sig should stay that way until he gets down on his hands and knees and begs Cincinnati and the Bengals fan base to forgive him.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 04:24 PM    (permalink
BengalsPwn
Veteran

BengalsPwn needs more cowbell.

I swear you guys are a bunch of salty 15 year old fans, just accept he's back and will help us win. Our offense would of died without him anyways just be happy they didn't trade him. He's the only bright spot this organization has left. TJ's no stud so stop talking up his stats, he lives off CJ. Carson is boring and we have no defensive superstars. CJ is the fuel for all the fans and we all love the celebrations and hopefully he has plenty more this season.

Big ups to jkpigskin for the sig.
BengalsPwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 07:24 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsPwn View Post
I swear you guys are a bunch of salty 15 year old fans, just accept he's back and will help us win. Our offense would of died without him anyways just be happy they didn't trade him. He's the only bright spot this organization has left. TJ's no stud so stop talking up his stats, he lives off CJ. Carson is boring and we have no defensive superstars. CJ is the fuel for all the fans and we all love the celebrations and hopefully he has plenty more this season.
lol what? take deep breathes....
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 08:50 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Chad... What kind of numbers do you expect you're going to put up this year?

If a guy that bashes his teammates is all we have left we're even worse off than I thought. Like me accepting him back has any impact on the situation. I'm throwing out my opinion on a message board, give it a freaking break.

I liked Carl Pickens more than Chad.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 10:36 PM    (permalink
Shere Khan
Rookie

Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well, your handle should be "BlakeToPickens" instead...

WHO DEY, ALL DEY, ERY' DEY
Shere Khan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 12:08 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
TJ's no stud. Carson is boring.
This pretty much sums it up.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 06:23 AM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

BengalMedic hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'll agree that it's a step in the right direction, it's also nice to hear him place blame on himself, and trying to talk up the defense.

My issue with hearing that from him is...

What else is he going to say ?? He knows he played all of his cards and got punked HARD. He had no other option than to come in talking up everyone and saying the things he has. Hell, I bet he thinks the janitors are the greatest ever...

That being said, if the Bengals don't make the playoffs this year while Chad has yet another record breaking season, going to the pro bowl and the organization DOESN'T redo his deal, LOOK OUT... Couple that with the possible resigning of TJ in which his new deal would make him the higher paid of the two. I think all he's doing is buying his time in the hopes that he can get out next year.

Like you said though, it a step in the right direction and I'll take it for now...
BengalMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 07:55 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shere Khan View Post
well, your handle should be "BlakeToPickens" instead...
lol I went to a game in like '96 at Riverfront and I was in the nose bleeds.... I swear every other pass Blake made was at my eye level, he could air it out lol.

I would get it changed to PalmertoTJ but at this point it seems like CJ will be around longer... I don't see TJ getting re-signed.
Old 06-23-2008, 10:29 AM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

Quote:
I don't disagree that a "non headcase" Chad helps this team win, but you can't be that blind to what he's doing... I suppose you liked it when he said he didn't care about the fans of Cincinnati anymore ?? Or was he talking to everyone except you ??

Happy they didn't trade him ?? NOPE, would have taken the 2 probably 1st rounders in a heartbeat. I agree with Chad when he said, "I'm not that good".

TJ's no stud that led the league in catches with Welker and when looking at stats, take a look at how many of those went for key 3rd down receptions and TD's versus Chad.

Carson is a boring QB ?? Well he brings 4000 yard passing seasons and how many times has that been done in Cincinnati before Carson ?? Oh yeah, NEVER !!!

We may not have any defensive superstars and I will be more than happy to agree with that, but I could do without all the celebrations from Chad if it meant more TD's and less dropped passes, not to mention pouting like a little b*tch...

If there was no thought of moving on without Chad, we wouldn't have drafted 2 WR's in the first three rounds of the draft.

I still hope Chad "helps" bring a winner to Cincinnati, but that being said, he's a douchebag...
Old 06-23-2008, 10:55 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
pfftt your one of those guys that is so negative over the team. We love the celebrations???? no, you love the celebrations. Carson Is boring? If a good QB that is a team leader is boring, then give me boring!!!! Chad Johnson is the only bright spot this organization has left????? Man...Do you even watch the Bengals???? do you know who the Bengals are????? Here are some "bright" spots that the Bengals have "left": Carson Palmer (he's a freaking super nova), J. Joseph!!!!!!!! Leon Hall, Robert Geathers, Peko!!!!, Keith Rivers. Thats just a handful and most of em are on defense! TJ is still a bright star, Chris Perry has hope, Jerome Simpson and Andre Caldwell have potential, the Oline is great except the Center position, and we have a good group of Tight Ends.

If you honestly thing Chad Johnson is the only "bright spot" this organization has left, then you need to go be a Stain Fan or something.
Old 06-23-2008, 11:10 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
Chad... What kind of numbers do you expect you're going to put up this year?

If a guy that bashes his teammates is all we have left we're even worse off than I thought. Like me accepting him back has any impact on the situation. I'm throwing out my opinion on a message board, give it a freaking break.

I liked Carl Pickens more than Chad.

What teammates did he bash

I still like Chad, though it all did start with Drew every where he goes people want money.

You know how you get fined if you don't show up to mandatory things. Well what if you show up and don't practice, is that a loop hole
Old 06-24-2008, 12:18 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yes if he shows up and doesn't practice he doesn't get fined. I think you have to have a medical reason though.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 06-24-2008, 09:20 AM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
The entire defensive unit... That's quite a few backsides to kiss in order to get back in their good graces. If I was one of those guys, I would give him an extra hit if I had the chance. Not to hurt him, but just to let him know...
Old 06-24-2008, 12:17 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalMedic View Post
The entire defensive unit... That's quite a few backsides to kiss in order to get back in their good graces. If I was one of those guys, I would give him an extra hit if I had the chance. Not to hurt him, but just to let him know...
Ohhh, but did he call out any one inparticular player, did he? Also weren't some of the games the Bengals lost the Defense's fault. The D should know they have to take some of the blame they might have worked hard but it wasn't enough. Still a dirt bag thing to do to call out your team in front of the cameras, but another thing if he said it in practice it would have been fine.

Might have said it to get out of the team. I still think something was said behind closed doors and no one wants to tell the story behind it.
Old 06-24-2008, 12:24 PM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

Quote:
Ohhh, but did he call out any one inparticular player, did he? Also weren't some of the games the Bengals lost the Defense's fault. The D should know they have to take some of the blame they might have worked hard but it wasn't enough. Still a dirt bag thing to do to call out your team in front of the cameras, but another thing if he said it in practice it would have been fine.

Might have said it to get out of the team. I still think something was said behind closed doors and no one wants to tell the story behind it.
Did he call out one particular player ?? No, but he called out the entire defensive unit. Is that some how better ?? Everyone that plays defense should want to kick his head in. Sure the defense has been a big part of the problem and has cost us games, but how many times did ANY one of the defensive players call Chad out when he consistently dropped 3rd down balls that would have moved the chains ?? How about when he fumbled the ball, but was to busy sulking to get up off the ground to try to recover the ball ?? How about all the times Chad was hammering the organization as a whole ?? Did you hear anyone outside of Marvin make comments about Chad ?? NO... Why ?? Because that is not how a "professional" handles the situation.

The defense has been more than willing to admit they need to improve and have been there trying to do that. The same can't be said about Chad.

Bottomline is, he needs to keep his mouth shut and quit being a b*tch...
Old 06-24-2008, 11:09 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

Watching his interview on ESPN has won me back for the time being.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 06-25-2008, 07:30 AM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

Ok, I just got done watching the clip from ESPN and for the most part, liked what I saw. Here's some thoughts...

Chad said that he was cast as disgruntled and then went on to say, "Whatever in the world that's suppose to mean". Well Chad, it means you were acting like a douchebag and disrespected not only your team mates, but more importantly, YOUR FANS.

He was also asked about Carson and said, "If it ain't no 85, it ain't no 9". Um, wrong Chad. If you leave Carson is still a top QB in the league. If you go to some of the teams mentioned, you aren't a pro bowl WR. Jason Campbell, paging Jason Campbell...

When asked about not getting his trade demand answered, he said, "I wouldn't have let me go neither". Well Chad, not long ago, you said, "Really, I'm not that good" when asked about the Bengals turning down what would have been 2 1st round picks and now this. So which is it ??

While I can MORE THAN AGREE with Chad in regards to this team making the commitment to winning and can understand where he's coming from, he handled it completely wrong. If he wants us to believe it's just business, then leave the fans out of the conversation. That didn't happen. Don't bag your team mates. That didn't happen. Don't act like a little b*tch who thinks he's the only player on the team that wants to win. That didn't happen.

I'm glad Chad seems to be focused and hope for a big year from him, but all of this comes from a standpoint that is a no brainer. What would you expect him to say ?? Him keeping up his offseason stupidity wasn't changing Mike Brown's opinion regardless.

Good luck Chad and hopefully we won't be revisiting this during the next off season. Something tells me that won't happen either...
Old 06-25-2008, 11:19 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
All of them less TJ basically. I agree Rosenhaus is the big trigger of this whole mess.

Chad was an idiot and a horrible teammate for several months. Can't change the fact that he laughed at the chances for the Bengals getting in the playoffs this year.

Winning will help things, I can't stand seeing this BS go on.
Old 06-25-2008, 02:57 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Ok, I just got done watching the clip from ESPN and for the most part, liked what I saw. Here's some thoughts...

Chad said that he was cast as disgruntled and then went on to say, "Whatever in the world that's suppose to mean". Well Chad, it means you were acting like a douchebag and disrespected not only your team mates, but more importantly, YOUR FANS.

He was also asked about Carson and said, "If it ain't no 85, it ain't no 9". Um, wrong Chad. If you leave Carson is still a top QB in the league. If you go to some of the teams mentioned, you aren't a pro bowl WR. Jason Campbell, paging Jason Campbell...

When asked about not getting his trade demand answered, he said, "I wouldn't have let me go neither". Well Chad, not long ago, you said, "Really, I'm not that good" when asked about the Bengals turning down what would have been 2 1st round picks and now this. So which is it ??

While I can MORE THAN AGREE with Chad in regards to this team making the commitment to winning and can understand where he's coming from, he handled it completely wrong. If he wants us to believe it's just business, then leave the fans out of the conversation. That didn't happen. Don't bag your team mates. That didn't happen. Don't act like a little b*tch who thinks he's the only player on the team that wants to win. That didn't happen.

I'm glad Chad seems to be focused and hope for a big year from him, but all of this comes from a standpoint that is a no brainer. What would you expect him to say ?? Him keeping up his offseason stupidity wasn't changing Mike Brown's opinion regardless.

Good luck Chad and hopefully we won't be revisiting this during the next off season. Something tells me that won't happen either...
I like how you only state half of that quote. He all so said "if there ain't no 9 there ain't no 85."
Old 06-26-2008, 07:42 AM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

Quote:
I like how you only state half of that quote. He all so said "if there ain't no 9 there ain't no 85."
I didn't mention it, because it's a no brainer... I still can't believe people are so blind to what's actually going on with Chad.

Don't get me wrong, I have ALWAYS been a fan of Chad. He's one of the players I have a jersey for and always have defended him to people when they made the T.O. reference. But what he's doing now is right along those lines.

Watch the video again. Did you see how he reacted when asked if he "wanted" to be in Cincinnati ?? He squirmed around in his seat, grabbed his face, and then said yes. The problem is, he followed that with, "I ain't got no choice".

So which is it ?? Yes he wants to be here or no, but he doesn't have a choice, so here he is ?? He also says he might be crazy, but he's not stupid in regards to not showing up. Why is that ?? MONEY. Nothing more...

I have already mentioned I agree with his statement of the Bengals needing to commit to winning. Who hasn't ?? But Chad is not happy about still being in Cincinnati and if by some chance there was a trade made prior to camp starting, he would be the happiest WR in the league. I've got three words for that...

F*CK YOU CHAD !!!
Old 06-26-2008, 10:26 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I didn't mention it, because it's a no brainer... I still can't believe people are so blind to what's actually going on with Chad.

Don't get me wrong, I have ALWAYS been a fan of Chad. He's one of the players I have a jersey for and always have defended him to people when they made the T.O. reference. But what he's doing now is right along those lines.

Watch the video again. Did you see how he reacted when asked if he "wanted" to be in Cincinnati ?? He squirmed around in his seat, grabbed his face, and then said yes. The problem is, he followed that with, "I ain't got no choice".

So which is it ?? Yes he wants to be here or no, but he doesn't have a choice, so here he is ?? He also says he might be crazy, but he's not stupid in regards to not showing up. Why is that ?? MONEY. Nothing more...

I have already mentioned I agree with his statement of the Bengals needing to commit to winning. Who hasn't ?? But Chad is not happy about still being in Cincinnati and if by some chance there was a trade made prior to camp starting, he would be the happiest WR in the league. I've got three words for that...

F*CK YOU CHAD !!!

ditto, CHad lost my respect. I dont care how great of a season he will have I will still not respect him.
Old 06-27-2008, 07:22 AM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

Oh, I hope Chad has a great season for the purpose that it not only means the Bengals will do better from that standpoint, but it will only increase his value for a trade at the end of the season, as this will surely come up again minus the Bengals winning a Super Bowl.

Couple that with the organization being able to better absorb the salary cap hit in trading him and this just might work out pretty well after all !!!
Old 06-27-2008, 08:33 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

Did anyone see the interview that Clinton Portis did with Chad over the phone on NFL network? I swear Clinton Portis is the next coming of Emmit Smith..not on the football field though.
Old 06-28-2008, 07:36 AM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

I watched that as well. It's posted on the official site. I was thinking the same thing about Portis. Where the hell did he learn how to speak ?? I swear I felt like I needed an interpreter to understand him. Bullsh*t interview in my opinion anyway.
Old 06-28-2008, 02:27 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

yea it was pretty bullsh*t. NFL players shouldnt get a job broadcasting just because they are NFL players...its pitiful.